• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Change of Heart (TwistedCupid666 & DawnAntalios)

She looked surprised as tears filled her eyes. She removed the necklace and reverted back to her original form and looked at her with watered eyes.

" I don't understand... " she said, fighting back the tears " I thought that a human... a cheerful, lovely human who is bright, clever and kind would make you feel better... so that you could love her better since she knows how to do it... "

She sat down, resignated.

" I wanted to make you happy. " she sobbed " Lucy could have... she has the knowledge... "

"Natalie, Lucy is not who I want though. If you think that a human would make me happy, then you clearly thought wrong!"

She pulled Natalie to her lips, tears streaming down her face. She pulled away with tears still streaming down her cheeks.

"You are who I want. You are bright and kind, I know it would be better, but...I don't want the easy way out...but if you think Lucy is better, then become her...it will make you happier. Perhaps you will fall for someone who wants her, you will be happier."

She sat back down, her eyes cold and empty, her skin even paler than usual.

" No... " she whispered " It matters not to me if I am happy or not. I have forsaken such delusions long ago. "

She looked at Blair.

" All that matters is that you are happy... no matter the cost. If you wish Lucy to disappear then she will. If you wish me to sacrifice myself I will do it. For nothing in the world is more important to me than you. "

"Then if you wish for me to be happy, leave. You betrayed me, you thought that you were worthless, when you weren't to me."

She locked gazes with Natalie, her voice turning as cold as her eyes and her expression as blank as the wall behind her.

"And do not come back."

(I really needed to do a depressed, bitchy character....I AM SO SORRY!!!!)

( Oh, that just gives a new opportunity to the plot! Release all your feelings! )

Hearing such words the world shattered within Natalie. All she wanted was to make Blair happy... and what she did was to drive her into an even bigger melancholy. She bowed her head in sorrow, stood up and said nothing. Slowly and steadily she headed towards the door and opened it. Before she closed after her she muttered just one word.

" Sorry. "

With that she left the house and headed back to her usual dark alley. A dark, negative aura surrounded her as her heart was bleeding from the anguish and sorrow. She should not have opened this easily... should have remained alone. She sat down on the newspaper on the ground and buried his face in her hands. Then the necklace of hers started to glow and she smiled at the comforting light.

" You are right, Lucy. " she said " I will find a way... somehow... "

There was a voice that so innocently whispered in her mind, from where even the darkest thoughts would not go.

"Hello, my dear child..."

She let her tears wash down her cheeks, when she mumbled to herself, the darkness of the room comforting.

"Hello, mind of mine. It has been awhile since we have talked..."

(Also, if you want my following posts to have more effect, please listen to the song "Hello" by Evanescence. It is so haunting and sad, it suits perfectly.)

Natalie spent the rest of her day as Lucy, talking with people. As cheerful as she was in this form she still felt a yawning chasm of darkness in her soul which just did not let her rest. Her sadness would always overcome her which filled her with regret and remorse.

Not even the otherwise cheerful and optimistic Lucy could suppress her feelings.

(Are you listening to the song?)

"Are you alright, dear? You seem...depressed."

The voice was calming, kind and so sincere. Blair smiled and sighed.

"I gave my heart to someone who betrayed me....she claimed someone else could make me happy, when I was happy with her....it hurts...."

Renewed tears gushed down her cheeks, fresh sobs wracked her small form.

"W-Why?"

( I do, it is touching )

Natalie felt the aura surrounding her to grow ever larger, even in the guise of Lucy. Her sadness was now all she knew and even though she spoke to people as the cheerful girl she felt the pain wrapping up in her. Clutching her heart she fell to her knees in her dark alley once she returned from school.

" Make it stop... " she cried out as the burning agony intensified.

"My heart is breaking..."

The voice was like a gentle caress, hiding the poison within it.

"Do you want me to fix it?"

"But I am not broken...."

The voice whispered again, this time it's venom hitting her exposed and wounded heart.

"Sleep, and I'll protect you, love."

Her blue orbs started closing, a peaceful smile on her porcelain face, as she became comatose.

(I have an evil plan, just wait and see who this voice is...*laughs manically*)

She was about to surrender to her fate. The past few days were just as heaven for her, but now she realized that it was but a mirage, an illusion of life which she could never have.

Overwhelmed by the sad, melancholic feelings she took a walk in the park to ease her pain, when it started raining. She smiled at this coincidence.

" I love rainy days, because then no one will see me crying. " she said in mere whisper as she walked on.

Behind her lids stood a young man, around her age, with a soft smile.

"Hello, Lady Blair. It has been quite sometime, hasn't it?"

He was one of the Nobles, the one she had escaped to the human world from.

"M-Marcus...you're in my head....NATALIE!"

An unconscious scream left her pale lips.

Natalie suddenly stopped in her walk as she felt something call out to her. She looked left then right but could see no one around. Yet her heart was beating faster and faster like if something was wrong.

She did not understand where this sensation came from so she just stood in the rain and listened, trying to find out the source once more.

"You call out to that demon? When you belong to ME?!"

His shouts echoed out around her, her head throbbing as he yanked her hair to get her to look up at him.

"Natalie!"

" Blair... " Natalie realized why the calling was so familiar... it came from her and by the sound of it she was in danger.

Throwing all of her sorrow and sadness aside she dashed towards Blair's house as fast as she could. Not knowing what she would find there she doubled her steps, trying to reach her destination as fast as she could. Whatever Blair have thought about her she would be there in her hour of need.

Her heart beat faster, the pain eased and she knew who was coming to help her.

The love she had carelessly thrown aside.

"I'm sorry, Natalie...I truly am..."

Natalie charged in the room, her hands transformed into her demonic claws, her eyes burning in dark fury. Soaking wet she panted from the sprint, looking around, not finding the danger, only Blair on her bed. Her fury receding and her claws reverting back to hands she walked to the bed, still cautious about how to approach the girl, after all they parted in anger.

She sat down on the bed, looking at the slumbering fairy. Somehow she was much more calm now, much more peaceful. She put her hand on the spot where Blair's heart was and she sighed in relief. The slow, rhythmic thump paired with the pouring rain outside eased her tense nerves. She just sat there, watching over her.

The fae in her mind gripped her throat and she screamed again, but not a name, but a sound of terror and pain.

His eyes were dancing with a possessive insanity, his mouth set in a sadistic grin as he choked the life out of the fae in his hands.

She eventually mumbled, hoping that Natalie had heard it.

"Bring me to life, wake me up, Natalie....please...."

Natalie suddenly became concerned.

" Blair... you are still in trouble! " she exclaimed and panicked. What should she do now? How could she save her?

She wanted to as Lucy for guidance but before she could do that it dawned upon her.

" The emotions... " she murmured as she turned towards her " I... I... "

She gulped as she leaned closer to her, her lips close to Blair's.

" I... love you. "

And then she kissed her again. Once more the surging agony from the kiss coursed through her body, filling her with pain unimaginable. But she did not care, she pressed on from Blair's sake. She poured every emotion and feeling she had in hope to free the girl from her tormenting nightmare.

She could feel it, the emotions hitting Marcus with full force, freeing her from his grip and she awakened.

She pulled Natalie close and mumbled apologies, over and over.

" I am sorry Blair. " she cried " I am so sorry. " she hugged her tightly, and relief and joy like never before overwhelmed her. Blair was safe at last, she only hoped that she would also forgive her for what she had done.

"No, I should've understood...I am so sorry, Natalie."

She hugged her as tightly as she had been hugging her.

"I love you, yet I cast you aside like the selfish creature I am."

" Your actions were justified. " she said, still sobbing " I have deceived you, selfishly only thinking about my own good instead of yours. "

She kept her tightly. Never again will she make her cry. Never.

She smiled at Blair, staying close to her and she hugged her tightly.

" Yes... yes I will. " she nodded " I will not allow any harm to come to you. Never again. "

She held her tight in a protective way. She would guard her beloved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back