• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Change of Heart (TwistedCupid666 & DawnAntalios)

"It is not meant to hurt. I wouldn't dare drain you of your power. It is yours, Natalie."

Her arms did not move, she only held Natalie and she nuzzled her face into her neck.

"You are different. A good different."

She decided not to fight or struggle against this strange act. She just let Blair 'hug' her as she looked at her own hands. Shaking, she lifted off her own two arms and slowly closed them around the girl - for the first time in her life with not a malicious intent. She tried to mimic the gently touch of the other girl too.

" You are also different. " she whispered to her " Although I do not know what 'good' or 'bad' means I feel that by 'good' you do not mind my... difference. "

"Why would I? It makes you who you are. Anybody who says any different is going to get their rear end kicked."

She stood on her tiptoes and, without thinking, kissed Natalie on the cheek.

"I will always find you good, despite your species."

She stood there glaring at Blair. Why was she doing this? She was the first who actually... well treated her as equal. But how and why?

" I wish I could describe what I think about you. " she said " But I believe my poor vocabulary would not be appropriate for this situation. "

She just stood there, still embarrassed.

" I am not sure if I want to... " she clutched her skirt again " I am not sure if I say words you might find offending... I am not good at speeches, sorry. "

She turned away and sighed. How could she explain and describe what she felt when even she was uncertain about it? Her face turned red once again as she slowly turned her head around to say a single word.

" Warmth. "

" Care... " yet an another foreign word for Natalie. She knew not what it meant but it had a nice melody to it. " I know not what that means. All I know is that when I am with others or was hunting for other preys I felt darkness and cold as my companions. Now... "

She paused, trying to describe the feeling precisely.

" Now it is warm. It is different. In a good way. "

Natalie looked at her and suddenly she got an idea in her head of what to say.

" You too look adorable when you blush. "

She immediately clasped her hands on her mouth, bowing her head in shame. Now she said something quite offending probably.

" I am sorry, I didn't mean to intrude... " she tried to save the situation the best as she could.

Natalie blushed as she looked around anxiously. The sun was just about to change into its descending position on the sky, which meant that dusk was rapidly approaching. She sighed.

" I think we should part ways now. " she told her " I still need to look for a dark alley in the town, not so easy when they are filled up fast. "

"I....will you meet me here tomorrow?"

Blair hoped the girl would be there, because she felt a warmth spreading through her heart...could it be..love?

She internally shook her head and chuckled at the thought. She had only met the girl, there was no such thing as love at first sight.

Natalie nodded then headed to the town. She needed to find an alley to sleep in if she wanted a good night's rest. Demons had not home and as such she needed to find a somewhat comfortable box where she could sleep in. Not luxurious but at least she was not cold for the night.

On her way to the town she kept thinking about Blair. She was strangely kind with her... she did not understand how could someone be so kind and lovely towards total strangers. But she liked that.

She soon headed to her own home, a small cottage.

The fire flickered warmly in its typical place, she carefully lowered herself onto the fluffy couch and soon, her gauzy wings covered her sleeping form.

Her dreams were filled with Natalie, the girl she had not quite fallen for.

The night was unusually cold and Natalie shivered in cold as the wicked wind blew harder and harder. The newspaper did not provide sufficient warmth and now she was freezing as the box underneath her was wet from recent storms.

Even in this harsh environment she kept thinking about the girl she had met today. The sole thought of her kindness warmed her heart and was the only thing that made the night bearable. She wished dawn to come soon.

She could feel the sun brushing against her wings and she soon awoke, stretching and hissing slightly. "Natalie?"

The word slipped from her lips, accidentally.

As she woke up on the cold street she was glad that the sun had finally risen - even though previously she hated the mighty star. But now it warmed her frozen body and for that she was glad. Looking around she changed into her school uniform once again and headed towards school.

Her night was miserable and she should have also felt miserable... but somehow she felt... fine. The thought of Blair did not go away and she was curious when she could see her again.

She walked slowly, lost in her thoughts when she saw Blair at the school wave and calling her. Looking at her curiously she walked up to her.

" We meet again, Blair. " she said to her, bowing before the girl respectfully " I hope you had a pleasant night. "

"Not as pleasant as I would of liked, Natalie. I kept worrying about you."

She put a hand on her shoulder and smiled. "If you need a place to stay, I will happily let you stay with me."

Natalie looked at her and blushed just a little bit.

" I am fine, thank you for your offer. My house is quite cozy, in fact - it is really pleasant I can tell you that. " she lied with a smile. Being burden to someone was the least of her intentions to do.

She raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "As...friends...I would like to say that you are always welcome in my home...your company would be most welcome, too."

She tugged at her hair, which had been pulled back into a braid and adjusted the satchel she carried.

" Me as... company? " she asked, quite frightened. Usually when they requested her company was during dangerous, dark missions. Somehow she doubted that Blair meant that but cautiousness was something she had to keep in mind.

" I am not sure if that is wise... I am quite bad at talking people since... well, I have never done that before. "

"Talking with me is just practice, Natalie. You will get better at it."

Her arm looped around her...friend's....for some reason the word didn't seem to fit....shoulders and guided the two of them into the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back