• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern a cabin in the woods

spectro

dayman
5469320.png
5d1ca57c605fdae93d9896719112e572.gif

Come down to the woods, loser.

"It's only for the weekend. Just tell your dad that you're staying at my house. Well tell him it's my birthday. Well tell him it's a Christian retreat, then, I don't know. You need to be there. It's going to be the best weekend of our lives."

Maplewood, Virginia. It's a town with no spectacular qualities. No celebrity name drops. No industrial claim to fame. No outstanding awards for public service. No warring factions. No major sports teams. It's a void. But this is the 90s. Teenage culture is booming. Skaters, goths, preps, jocks, geeks, stoners, loners and nerds. Maybe this is it. The decade that changes it all. Maplewood High School is a boring, rundown pit of a place, but it's filled with some great people. Some. I said some. These great people are bored. They crave fun. It's senior year. It's the last couple months before they can leave this shitty town and go to a fun college and discover their actual identities away from the prying eyes of conservative parents. So, the resident school-loving-preppy-bossy-vindictive-controlling cheerleader has invited her close group of friends down to her Daddy's cabin in the depths of Hale Wood, just outside of town. It's secluded, perfect for make-out sessions and possibly some vicious murder. Yeah, this cabin is not safe, and this weekend is bound to be bloody.

This roleplay will follow a group of six teens who go down to a cabin for their first getaway of senior year. Little do they know, they are far from safe. The story will take place over a weekend and will begin gently as the kids have fun and cause teen drama. However, suspicious things begin to occur and as the weekend comes to a close, a dead body is found, their mini-van has been stolen and their trapped in the woods. I will be throwing in events that happen and there is a possibility of your character being killed during the end of the roleplay, but this will be discussed beforehand. Please follow RPN's rules at all times. TW this will contain possibly violent scenes, faded to black. Also be mindful that this is set in the 90s so have a head for the type of technology etc don't pull out an iPhone. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. This isn't first come first serve, although you can reserve a character and I will read yours first before any others.

Roles:
males:
the jock | 18 | Will Hartnett (taken) spectro spectro
Will is the hottest guy in school, but he's also somewhat of a lost soul. He's failing his classes and worried that he's not going to graduate and get into a good football programme at his preferred college. He's worried for his future, for his family's approval, for his relationship. He's dating the prep. Having an affair with the alt.

the stoner | 17 | - (open)
He's got no future plans. He's worried about where he's going and doesn't want to be stuck in Maplewood. His dad is an asshole. He borrowed his mom's mini-van; without her permission.

the nerd | 18 | - (open)
By no means is he actually a nerd by the standard definition. He's on the football team. He's technically a jock. But he wears glasses and has a 4.0. He's sweet, quiet, and intelligent. He's been best friends with the jock since he was 5.

females:
the prep | 18 | - (open)
She's cool, she's mean, she's a cheerleader. She lives off of daddy's money. She organised this weekend to distract herself from the fact that her period is two weeks late. Dating the jock. Best friends with the alt.

the alt | 17 | - (open)
Up until senior year, she was your typical preppy girl. Over the summer, her parents got divorced and she dropped out of the cheer squad. Now she's experimenting with her clothes, her hair, her makeup and trying to understand what she wants in life. Best friends with the prep. Having a secret affair with the jock.

the angel | 17 | - (open)
She's always been the quiet one. She's the daughter of a pastor, but she's beginning to think that god is overrated. She's unsure of her sexuality, of her stance against drugs, and she believes that a woman should have the last say on her body.

^ likewise interested to know about the question above. in addition, what is your ideal posting frequency?

5469320.png
5d1ca57c605fdae93d9896719112e572.gif

Come down to the woods, loser.

"It's only for the weekend. Just tell your dad that you're staying at my house. Well tell him it's my birthday. Well tell him it's a Christian retreat, then, I don't know. You need to be there. It's going to be the best weekend of our lives."

Maplewood, Virginia. It's a town with no spectacular qualities. No celebrity name drops. No industrial claim to fame. No outstanding awards for public service. No warring factions. No major sports teams. It's a void. But this is the 90s. Teenage culture is booming. Skaters, goths, preps, jocks, geeks, stoners, loners and nerds. Maybe this is it. The decade that changes it all. Maplewood High School is a boring, rundown pit of a place, but it's filled with some great people. Some. I said some. These great people are bored. They crave fun. It's senior year. It's the last couple months before they can leave this shitty town and go to a fun college and discover their actual identities away from the prying eyes of conservative parents. So, the resident school-loving-preppy-bossy-vindictive-controlling cheerleader has invited her close group of friends down to her Daddy's cabin in the depths of Hale Wood, just outside of town. It's secluded, perfect for make-out sessions and possibly some vicious murder. Yeah, this cabin is not safe, and this weekend is bound to be bloody.

This roleplay will follow a group of six teens who go down to a cabin for their first getaway of senior year. Little do they know, they are far from safe. The story will take place over a weekend and will begin gently as the kids have fun and cause teen drama. However, suspicious things begin to occur and as the weekend comes to a close, a dead body is found, their mini-van has been stolen and their trapped in the woods. I will be throwing in events that happen and there is a possibility of your character being killed during the end of the roleplay, but this will be discussed beforehand. Please follow RPN's rules at all times. TW this will contain possibly violent scenes, faded to black. Also be mindful that this is set in the 90s so have a head for the type of technology etc don't pull out an iPhone. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. This isn't first come first serve, although you can reserve a character and I will read yours first before any others.

Roles:
males:
the jock | 18 | Will Hartnett (taken) spectro spectro

Will is the hottest guy in school, but he's also somewhat of a lost soul. He's failing his classes and worried that he's not going to graduate and get into a good football programme at his preferred college. He's worried for his future, for his family's approval, for his relationship. He's dating the prep. Having an affair with the alt.

the stoner | 17 | - (open)
He's got no future plans. He's worried about where he's going and doesn't want to be stuck in Maplewood. His dad is an asshole. He borrowed his mom's mini-van; without her permission.

the nerd | 18 | - (open)
By no means is he actually a nerd by the standard definition. He's on the football team. He's technically a jock. But he wears glasses and has a 4.0. He's sweet, quiet, and intelligent. He's been best friends with the jock since he was 5.

females:
the prep | 18 | - (open)

She's cool, she's mean, she's a cheerleader. She lives off of daddy's money. She organised this weekend to distract herself from the fact that her period is two weeks late. Dating the jock. Best friends with the alt.

the alt | 17 | - (open)
Up until senior year, she was your typical preppy girl. Over the summer, her parents got divorced and she dropped out of the cheer squad. Now she's experimenting with her clothes, her hair, her makeup and trying to understand what she wants in life. Best friends with the prep. Having a secret affair with the jock.

the angel | 17 | - (open)
She's always been the quiet one. She's the daughter of a pastor, but she's beginning to think that god is overrated. She's unsure of her sexuality, of her stance against drugs, and she believes that a woman should have the last say on her body.

hella interested in the stoner ♡ great idea

consider me highly interested! might apply for the alt or prep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back