• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Broad Search

TheBucket

Local Dunce
Hello, and good (insert your timezone here)!
My name is Bucket, but I also go by Mike. I am a 19-year-old southern boy looking to formulate an interesting and intricate story with some wonderful people. I am fairly experienced an have been roleplaying on and off for the past five or six years. I'm not always the best at what I do, but I do what I can to put in as much effort as possible into creating a roleplay that will be mutually enjoyed. However, I don't like to be the only one putting in the effort, and love when I get just as much back as I put in! So, before I list the ideas that I currently have, I would like to set up a few ground rules so that we are able to better work with each other on crafting a story.

The Rules
I. Put Effort Into Replies - This does not mean that I expect you to pump out paragraph after paragraph in each response. I am a quality over quantity person. While I am not the biggest supporter of one-liners, If you are somehow able to convey enough information in one simple sentence and inevitably blow me away with it, be my guest! At the same time, don't put extra effort into a multi-paragraph interaction if it has nothing to show for itself in the long run. Have fun, don't overwork yourself if you don't have to.
II. Help Build The World - I have to say that I am a sucker for good world-building and character development. If you have a fun or interesting concept/idea that you would like to implement into the story, feel free to drop it in! If it makes the story flow or makes it even a little more interesting be my guest!
III. Be Honest With Me - If you're no longer interested in the RP, please tell me. I would much rather you come forward and say that you don't enjoy the way I RP or are just in general not interested than you ghosting me and leaving me completely unsatisfied. I get it, you have a life and so do I. As a college student, I completely understand that free time doesn't come often, however...
IV. Respond At Least Once A Week - I like to juggle multiple roleplays at once, so if it takes more than a week for you to respond the chances of me even remembering that we were roleplaying will likely pass my mind fairly quickly. Imagine what that will do to my creative muse! However, I will be able to deal with it a little better if you let me know that your reply will likely be late. I'm not too pushy, however, I will check in every now and then if I haven't heard from you in a while.
V. Have Fun! - I want to make this experience as enjoyable as possible for both of us. If you're not enjoying where things are going and something needs to change, make sure to let me know. That, or tell me that you'd like to drop the RP. Either one works for me.
VI. And Finally... Relationships - While I am a sucker for a romantic story, I realize that not everything has to be romance. Unless specified in my following prompts I do not expect a relationship between our two characters. However, if there is a spark between them, there is a spark!
a. Talk to me, get to know me. I'm a sucker for building friendships with the people I RP with!
b. Grammar isn't my strong point, so I don't expect you to be perfect. However, decent grammar is always a plus!
c. Spelling isn't something I'll complain about either, but spellcheck does exist and I do expect it to be used.
d. Character sheets!!!!!!!
e. When you DM me, include your favorite movie! (It helps me know who took the time to read through this)

WOOP! Now we can finally get into the fun bits.
The following are a handful of prompts that I have come up with that we can explore!

Cyberpunk Assassins - In an advanced utopian society, the upper class and the lower class have been heavily divided. Those on the bottom struggle to survive the corruption that has taken over the city. One of these lowlifes has had enough of the corruption and decides to take it upon themself to end the corruption. The highly trained mercenary looks for a tech-savvy partner to join her/him on a mission to fix what's wrong with the city.
Avatar AU - In this AU, the Avatar is not the keeper of peace, but an evil that continues to rise and terrorize the four nations. Together, two master benders must find help so that they can defeat the Avatar once and for all. (Not entirely sure where to go with this one, I always thought the idea of a corrupt Avatar would be cool! There is a lot of building that needs to be done for this to work.)
The Rose Of Colmar - A beautiful young tourist finds herself lost in the heart of one of the most breathtaking cities in the world. A young greaser sees her and takes it upon himself to do what he can to help the young tourist while at the same time trying to win over her heart.
A Broken World - The broken remains of what was once America stands in ruin after a dreadful nuclear war. Mutants have begun to rise and torment those lost souls that dare tread on their newfound land. Tribes have begun to rise up in an attempt to both rebuild America, as well as fend off the horrid monsters that lurk in the night.
The New Federation - Set in a Star Wars AU, the Jedi must face a new, dangerous foe known as the New Galactic Federation. Originally founded as a revival of what was once the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances quickly turned corrupt and banished the Jedi from their worlds in an attempt to dismantle what was left of the Jedi. Their leader, Supreme Chief Of Command Et'war Leiken pledged to end the Jedi, and the Sith for the greater good of the galaxy.
i. Star Wars
ii. The Walking Dead
iii. Preacher
iv. Avatar The Last Airbender
v. Avatar (2009)
vi. Scooby Doo
vii. Lord Of The Rings / The Hobbit
viii. Harry Potter
ix. (Feel Free To Suggest Your Own)
i. Angel/Demon
ii. Vampire/Human
iii. Explorers
iv. (Feel Free to Suggest Pairings)

Please DM me if you find any prompt's tempting, or if you have any ideas of your own. I am a very open person and will gladly listen to your own prompts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back