• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic A-Am I human enough for you yet?!

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
The 110th Spacial Reconnaissance Battalion, known fondly by other battalions and branches of the military as the Voidwalkers for being the first to exit the Milky Way and return alive, is the Space Force equivalent of the Army Special Forces or the Navy Seals. Trained to the highest order to withstands the demands of space, learn space tactical combat, and learn to communicate with the discovered extraterrestrial species, 110th Recon is a tightly knit group of Explorers. Nothing bonds people tighter together than potentially being lost at space forever with the only way out being to burn up in another planet's atmosphere. One mistake on either the ship or out of the ship in space and you will probably never be seen again. Permanently MIA with no real way to be recovered

You are part of Alpha Company (A Co), 110th Spacial Reconnaissance Battalion (110 Recon BN) and you are deployed to a hefty 10 year reconnaissance spacecraft, the Reconnaissance Starship named Voidwalker (RSS Voidwalker) under the callsign Prophet V (Either letter V or number 5) for what's set to be the most groundbreaking expedition in human history. The preferred Explorers chosen are purely voluntary, preferably single as to not put a family through such a long departure, nothing to lose but all to gain. The goal is on-going and simple: Survey other planets, send information back to Earth on new species, their lands, and basics of their customs in order to establish interstellar contact and potentially communication. After a decade, return with all the information you've found.

1 year in, you've discovered 3 planets outside of the Earth and established some form of communication between the other lifeforms and the mother planet. You're continuing on your interstellar journey on the RSS Voidwalker boarded with multiple crewmen, AI to augment manpower, and Alien allies to provide cultural awareness and other abilities to the denizens of Earth for the benefit of their own race.

Now as per the name of the RP, this RP is gonna focus mostly on drama and trust. The tone is gonna be overall very tense as people are exposed to extremely new lifeforms and locations. The interstellar lifeforms, AKA aliens, are recruited on the ship as required by alien diplomats. They by no means trust humans. There are also AI androids created to serve as manpower on the ship. All of these things come together to form the crew of the ship. This RP can go heavily into the realm of the differences between human, AI, and aliens, which will affect how they interact with each other. I'm expecting potentially dramatic divides, trust issues, as well as romance (which I love btw) between the crewmates. Outside of that, we can expect world-building and bouts of action. Hostile alien infantry, hostile starships, space pirates, etc. Depending on how big this gets, we can also expect sidequests with small teams on even smaller recon ships not built for combat.

The goal isn't romance though that would give a very different perspective to the entire thing. Camaraderie and establishing trust as they go on these very dangerous journeys and expeditions is gonna be a must, because these aren't gonna be some dynasty warriors hordes and hordes of enemies. The ones that matter are gonna be boss-style fights that could very well kill or disable the ship, resources, etc. and force them to rely on potentially hostile planets and other ships for support. Rivalries, arguments, non-lethal fights are all encouraged (so long as it's within reason). The focus is far less on the fact that they're exploring space. The space and alien planets are really the background music to the crew trying to get along and context to everything they do.

Locations
The locations can differ greatly with different cultures of extraterrestrials, from planets with aliens almost the same as humans to planets with an inherently extreme temperature that requires special equipment to navigate. I already have a few ideas on what planets for the first few. Locations will vary between Earth, space, and multiple planets that could potentially greatly. World building will be very important in establishing the planets and probably their lore. Lore will be constantly updated and can be very important to the story.

Humans
Humans in this time period are still the premier hands and minds of judgement. The most preferred of 110 Recon is to have a human with as little cybernetics as possible, though a few wouldn't discourage them from getting recruited. The reason for this is that cybernetics can be hacked or EMPed and there's nothing worse than a body part or even the brain or heart rendered useless all because of a hack or small EMP from the first AI or Alien that can do such things. Humans have access to suits that allow for free range of motion in space, provide protection, and allow for awareness of all surroundings. Also the 110 Recon has access to Mech Suits that would let them get more work done, whether that work is moving heavy objects to taking out heavy enemies

Cybernetics
Well it's Sci fi. There are cybernetic enhancements, but nothing too dramatic. It is very unlikely that the military would have a cyborg in the ranks. It messes with logistics that would put undue hardships and they don't really need that in sending a crew into space. With that in mind, cybernetics would have to be very lowscale. Speed boost, enhanced strengthened arm, an optic chip that can release a pulse of vision to see entities through walls, camouflage, arm that can change into a blade, release a small shock or fireball. Nothing too extreme because if so, there is a case to be made that keeping up with it would be too resource draining. In other words, it'll be heavily monitored

Alien Abilities
Same as technology, though these are natural to the race. You can expect things like pretty much low level magic or utility abilities like sensing feelings or adaptability. Here, I want you to think in terms of like a superhero RP and not really a magic wizard fantasy RP. 1-2 abilities to be developed and utilized in clever ways, not learning a library's worth of unique spells. If you're stumped, you're stumped and have to use weapons or think outside the box.

AI Technology
AI has to be balanced between logistics and combat. The more abilities an AI entity has, the less it'll be useful in logistics. If the AI is armed to the teeth, chances are, it won't be good at anything other than hearing orders to exterminate and doing just that. On the other hand, if the AI has a lot of logistics abilities, up to the point where they could be a ship-borne AI and be able to control any and everything on a ship, they won't be combat ready beyond basic close combat or a wobbly shot with a pistol. For example, a bot could have the ability to turn their arms into a minigun while also eating metal to make potentially unlimited ammo for said miniguns. The weakness is that, if the bot isn't shooting, they're effectively useless and clumsy in non-combat tasks. A bot could be good at every known language and have advanced hacking abilities to stop turrets from shooting or give ship and body diagnostics and have the skill to repair them both. The weakness is that they're very likely to be extremely fragile and unable to steady enough to shoot beyond point blank range. These are extreme examples, but you see the balancing, right? If it's good at one, it's bad at the other.

It seems like we have the interest. I thank you all. I'll get the threads up tomorrow. If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll answer tomorrow as well

It seems like we have the interest. I thank you all. I'll get the threads up tomorrow. If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll answer tomorrow as well

Thank you! But it seems like I have too much on my plate and can't try this out anymore. (It was a really interesting idea, anyhoo.) Good luck anyway!

I’m very interested
Same here. I'll be keeping an eye on this
If this is still a thing, count me interested.
I'm interested
Here's the thread, Peeps

Got a character form another rp that didn’t manage to get through, BUT they have exatives cybertetics...so they probably don’t work

Actually Kylesar1 Kylesar1 now that I see ship AI .... I think I might reconsider my character choices I kinda love ship based AI XD sorry mind if I just delete Sandra and do up a new character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back