• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 5th Wave/Post Alien Invasion

Mizu

So. I watched The 5th Wave movie last weekend. It was good, but I felt like it could be better, so I bought the book. Finished the first book, onto the second. Finished the second only to find out... the third on doesn't come out until May 24th. Like the obsessive, engrossed fangirl I am, the
first thing I want to do to fill this dark pit in my heart is to make a RP.

To be completely honest, I haven't been on a site like this since I was 12 and roleplaying on Foopets. I've been more into the big Jcink and Proboards site, where you have boards for every rp-able location, extensive rules and plot, etc. However,
that roleplay community has constantly disappointed me and I'm ready to try something new - thus, I am here, wanting to know if anyone wants to start a 5th Wave roleplay with my newb butt (am I allowed to swear? I couldn't find anything about cuss words in the rules...)?

This is open for anyone who has seen the movie, read one or both of the books, or hasn't been exposed at all. I truly do not care, and am happy to share the important information necessary to to rp this! The only thing that I care about is that it is non-canon to an extent and that it plays off all the reveals from the second book. If you've read the first book and not the second
(shame on you the second is so freaking good) then be prepared for spoilers. What I mean when I say "non-canon to an extent" is that I wish to avoid the main characters in the book except for those very essential to plot, such as Vosch, and that we rp in the same time/era as the books. In the books, we're still figuring everything out, and I think it could be super fun to play with the unknown (while waiting for the next book).

Now, finally, onto the premise!

no slide
Click Me
The end of the world, it came in waves...

The first wave was a massive EMP strike that turned off our electricity, our motors, forever.

The second wave was literally that, a massive
wave. The Others dropped a giant metal rod from the atmosphere, where they so passively lurked in their space ship, and it hit one of the Earth's fault lines. Earthquakes that cracked the ground beneath you and tsunamis that towered over the biggest cities across the world – New York, London, Paris, Tokyo, Sydney, L.A.

3 billion down, 4 more to go.

In the third wave, the birds struck the world with the disease. Airborne, high kill rate, and all around disturbing, the Blood Plague took
97% of the remaining survivors. Nearly everyone left was either a window or an orphan, but nonetheless, a survivor.

The fourth wave revealed that the Others walked amongst us. Hiding in human bodies, killing off the survivors one by one. Turning everyone against one another. Creating war when what we really needed was alliances.

”How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.”

The fifth wave was probably the worst of it all. At the sight of the army, everyone thought we were saved. The children riding off in yellow school buses, soldiers riding in Humvees – what a sight! It wasn’t until everyone over 16 was slaughtered like animals by our very saviors that things clicked – but by then it was too late. They had the children, and they were going to use them. Brainwash them, actually. And then turn them into soldiers. 7 year olds, holding rifles – what a sight!

They were trained do to one thing and one thing only: kill. They thought they were killing the “infested”, the Others hiding in human bodies. Their victims thought they were killing the Others. It was all the same. War, death, and never ending darkness.

But the one thing they can never take from us, the one thing they’ll never be able to understand, is the very thing that keeps us going. Hope. Hope that one day we will be reunited with our loved ones. Hope that one day we will feel safe. Hope that one day this will all just be a chapter in a history book, and we will be the heros that saved the world.

Spoiler alert!!!!!

Important things to make note of:

• It was just revealed to one character at the end of the second book that the Others haven't actually infested the human's brains. Its all a trick, all in their heads, they're all human. When they were young, their consciousness was manipulated, violated, and convinced that they were an alien species sent to Earth the help the extermination of humans. Inserted with "The 12th System" which are advanced nanobots that increase a person's strength, speed, and senses - making them seem unhuman. This information isn't widely known, but we can play with it!
  • Soilders, "Others", and Survivors are all going to be playable characters.
  • There will be factions.
  • I think I want there to be multiple IC tabs for different places in the world, such as an army base or the woods, or maybe we should just use tagging/setting header? (I'm not sure what these are called on here but I've explored a bit and seen multiple cases of this).
  • The extent of what each character knows is up to players, I will make an F.A.Q. if this actually has people interested about all the logistics and important info.
  • Will be depressing, violent, death enabled. Think Game of Thrones.
  • No major plot developments about the Others until the book comes out. I'd like to stay true to Yancey's (the author) concepts because honestly, they've been great so far.

I really really want to do this so please let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only watched the film and it was good. I might read the books.

But I'm interested in this, it sounds good.

I might be up for it, I wouldnt mind as playing one of "the others" Havent seen the movie or read the book though, but I like non-human characters.

Hey all sorry I haven't been around, abandoned this right before people started to show interest TT_TT

I decided to pursue a X-Men/Marvel esque post apocalyptic RP instead which is actually quite similar to this just with superpowers instead of aliens! :3 My interest check for that is right here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back