• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ▼△ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ △▼

qwerty;

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
7nkxqHC.png
DEAR STUDENT,

We're not going to pretend like we know everything about you. We don't. Really, we barely know anything about you. But we know enough. We know that you're one of the superhuman, and we know that means you have powers. We can guess that every night you probably wonder if you're meant for more.

Here at S.T World Institute, you can probably find out. Our teachers are the strongest, fastest, smartest; if anyone can help you understand these superhuman abilities of yours, and unlock your true potential, it's us. Maybe we'll even teach you how to save the world.

In case you're wondering: yes, this is a letter of admission. And yes, we know you're bright enough to not turn us down. I look forward to seeing you within our doors.

Best regards,
Headmistress Donaghue

"I don't think it's wise, don't think it's wise at all. We had a system, and, sure, it wasn't perfect, but it sure as hell worked. Hasn't Donaghue ever heard of not fixing something that isn't broken?"

The sentiment above, quoted from Administrative Head of the Manhattan Superhuman Detention Center, is echoed by many across the globe in regards to S.T. World Institute's announced policy change. For as long as the SAI has been around (Superhuman Alignment Index), only those scoring low (between 1 and 50) on the exam have been allowed admission into the prestigious institution. Those scoring high (between 51 and 100) are statistically inclined towards committing crimes, their profile fitting with what most of the population would consider a "Villain." The SAI is administered annually from kindergarten to twelfth grade in Marked Academies, a worldwide network of schools specifically for the superpowered; if a student repeatedly scores high, then they are sent to SH Detention Centers, facilities specifically designed to keep delinquents of their superhuman caliber in

With her ascension to the post of headmistress, Janaan Donaghue, a figure both fiercely loved and hated depending on who you ask, has wasted no time in turning the world on its head. She is doing something no one has ever seen before: allowing superpowered young adults with high SAI scores in.

Is this a change for the better? Or is it a change for the worse?

Only time will tell.

—an excerpt from the New York Times
So let's get this party started!

First off, I apologize if it's hard to read the summary to the left. If you'd like an easier time of it, here's a link to a (more or less) unformatted, plain text version in Google Docs.

The premise of this rp is that it's set in the modern world, more or less, but there's a very, very small number of the population (<1%) who possess superhuman powers. Think your mainstream Avenger, or Justice Leaguer. All schools have a screening process beginning in preschool to identify those rare powered children and put them in Marked Academies, which have unique curricula keeping their students' unique abilities in mind and allow them to be with others like them.

There's something called the SAI: the Superhuman Alignment Index. Superhuman children take it every year beginning in preschool and receive a score from 1-100. Scores in either extreme (low or high) are very rare; if you get a score from 1-10 or 90-100, then you're destined for either very great or very awful things, respectively. The lower the score, the "safer" you're considered. A good, law-abiding citizen at the very least, but maybe even a world-saving superhero. The higher the score, the more "dangerous" you're considered. They call it "crime inclination," to be politically correct, but everyone thinks "villain," really. Scores from 1-50 are considered low, and scores from 51-100 are considered high.

Technically, these superhuman kids are supposed to be given a chance until 12th grade, but if you score high too often, you're sent to detention centers, to be basically incarcerated until you rot. Those who score low apply to post-secondary institutions specifically created for those with powers, and although the term sounds fantastical, they do essentially get trained to be superheroes. (The most prestigious of these is the S.T. World Institute).

Unfair? Maybe.

But new Headmistress Donaghue has completely changed the policy. Starting from here on out, S.T. World Institute is going to be admitting students with high SAI scores as well: not just in their new class of applicants, but also actively recruiting those between 18-23 inside detention centers. They're also going to be looking for potential students who've slipped through the cracks: those, either heroically- or villainously-inclined, who have been in family situations that prevented them from enrolling in school/Marked Academies and who have been historically ignored.

And, here, inside the revolutionized S.T. World Institute, is where our story begins.

Ooohh this is very interesting. I wanna join! Also I have a question, how do you take the SAI? Is it through like written tests or physical tests?

wafflegirl wafflegirl it's a simulation! no SAI run-through is going to be the same as another one (to prevent people from potentially cheating or messing with their results). so what happens is that you enter the simulator and a complicated situation generates, like there's a city but a monster is destroying it, and every decision you make from that point on contributes to your score.

hope that answers your question!

wafflegirl wafflegirl it's a simulation! no SAI run-through is going to be the same as another one (to prevent people from potentially cheating or messing with their results). so what happens is that you enter the simulator and a complicated situation generates, like there's a city but a monster is destroying it, and every decision you make from that point on contributes to your score.

hope that answers your question!

Oh, that makes sense. Is it okay if my character studied in a normal school first before going to the S.T world institute? I was thinking to make her hide her powers first (if that's possible).

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ma'am

hey everyone!!! i'm super, super pleased with the response this has gotten! you can expect the ooc and cs threads to be up within the hour (or maybe two, depending on how slowly i code). thank you for this! i'm excited to roleplay with you.

Eldarkon Eldarkon the roles are indeed available! although it's not specific to making a hero OR a villain, it's determined by the SAI score you determine for your character. if this seems unclear, feel free to PM me!

hey everyone!!! i'm super, super pleased with the response this has gotten! you can expect the ooc and cs threads to be up within the hour (or maybe two, depending on how slowly i code). thank you for this! i'm excited to roleplay with you.

Eldarkon Eldarkon the roles are indeed available! although it's not specific to making a hero OR a villain, it's determined by the SAI score you determine for your character. if this seems unclear, feel free to PM me!
Wait, isn't the entire point of this to break the mold of the whole score thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back