• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 300 Years of Sleep (Not Looking)

Blue Aisle

Phantom #11

1422272556aLKwf07l.jpg

In 2055, a huge epidemic hit the entire earth. It started in Mexico, and defied all vaccines and antibiotics. The people who are infected experience high fevers, vomiting, blindness and ultimately perish within three days. It's a gruesome and painful disease that kills by internal bleeding. Animals are affected by it as well, but instead of dying, they become mutated and violent, and they produce offspring which carries the same mutations. No one was able to give a solid answer to how it spreads, or where it came from. The virus was named Tertia, characterized by the absolute death that it brings within 72 hours. The human population was falling rapidly. With new prototypes of medicine constantly being made, people practically lived on drugs. Everyone scrambled for the latest "cure" as soon as they came out. Unsurprisingly, the use of these chemicals took a toll on our fecundity. The birthrate dropped to a devastating percentage the world has never seen before. Humanity was at its wits end. In a desperate attempt to keep us from extinction, Project Vitus was created.

But the sad truth was that Vitus was not a cure, it was preservation.

Vitus was by no means complete, its initial purpose was to keep patients in comas healthy through great lengths of time. When the idea first emerged to retain healthy individuals by putting them to sleep, no one brought it. As time went on, the people gave up on being cured. Hopeless parents sold everything and signed up their children for Vitus, looking to at least save them from the excruciating pain of Tertia. Still, it was not widely accepted, many people didn't have enough money to participate, and some preferred to stay locked up in their homes, too frightened to interact with the outside world.

You are one of the few who entered Project Vitus. The last thing you remember was the face of your relatives/lover/friends looking down at you as you are put into an indefinite slumber. When Vitus finally ran out of all energy sources, your sleep has come to an end. You had no idea what year it is when you woke up, and everything you saw around you has aged. The laboratory that contained the eight Vitus machines was now horribly ancient. Vines, moss, rust... you are forced to realize that you might have slept much longer than you expected.

For now, Tertia seems to have passed. The world has gone through more than 300 years while your eyes were closed, and nothing is the same as before. There are plants, there are animals, there is water, but do you dare to touch any of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
ApolloCrews said:
Sounds very interesting honestly! Sounds like something I would very much like to be apart of.
Awesome, if we get a few more I'll get working on that thread.

[QUOTE="Salty Pug]Awesome, if we get a few more I'll get working on that thread.

[/QUOTE]
Alright sounds good, keep me informed please!

Hmmm, sounds a lot like King of Thorn or Blue Gender, which was quite an interesting show in my opinion. I'm intrigued, I think I'll keep an eye on this one until you get it set up :)

Stickdom said:
Hmmm, sounds a lot like King of Thorn or Blue Gender, which was quite an interesting show in my opinion. I'm intrigued, I think I'll keep an eye on this one until you get it set up :)
I'll notify you when the threads gets up :) .

I'd be also interested in it! I just have some questions: will the plot revolve around the survival of these people? Is there some civilasation left or are these the only people who have survived the virus? Or do they have to rebuild it from scratch?

PS: I'm fairly new to roleplaying in english and thus am not sure if I'll be able to express myself 'properly' and well, long story short, would it be a problem to have a 'beginner' in this RPG?

ApolloCrews said:
Alright sounds good, keep me informed please!
Stickdom said:
@Akosmist[/URL]

Civilization is gone, but the ruins left from it remain. There may be more survivors, but Vitus labs are spread out across the world, so even if they're alive, we won't be meeting them. There are buildings the survivors can use, but for obvious reasons, the facilities in these buildings may not be working (ex. toilets). And yes this rp is based on their survival.

As long you try, and we know what you're saying, it will be fine. Since it's detailed, I'd appreciate 1-2+ paragraphs per post (generally).

Thread is up guys! 300 Years of Sleep | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Still have some stuff but add but it's mostly done!

Well, I got a question again haha, everybody says that the participants of detailled RPs should at least write one paragraph, but is exactly meant by 'one paragraph'? Does it have a specific wordcount or something?

Akosmist said:
Well, I got a question again haha, everybody says that the participants of detailled RPs should at least write one paragraph, but is exactly meant by 'one paragraph'? Does it have a specific wordcount or something?
Most of the time a paragraph is five to six well structured sentences.

Ahh, okay thank you guys. It's just that I'm coming from a german roleplay site and there the wanted length is often indicated by a word or sentence count ^^'

Akosmist said:
Ahh, okay thank you guys. It's just that I'm coming from a german roleplay site and there the wanted length is often indicated by a word or sentence count ^^'
Usually here, it's a bit more relaxed. Just as long as the writing is understandable and at least a few sentences long, most RPs are okay with it :)

Also, Deutsche, ne? I lived in Germany for three years, loved it there, picked up a lot of the language, but I'm not exactly fluent xD

Ah, that's good to know, this will make a lot of things easier for me ヽ(´∀`ヽ)

Haha, nein, eine Russin die in Luxemburg lebt und dort Deutsch gelernt hat ^^ Well, if you want to fresh it up a bit you can always talk to me ヾ(●・◇・●)ノ

Ah, from Luxembourg then? We traveled through and stayed there at one point, it was pretty, I like it there.

Yes, it really is pretty, the fun part is that one day is actually enough to discover almost everything of it :'D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back