• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 30 Years and Now He's Back, the Mystery in the Mystery Shack

going ghost

it's not gay if we're dead
294abb44d80928afb49d73fdb5b16e54.jpg

fb437aafbdb000fba1fe18b80953531f.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
53718d757593ba70afc3256a33347467.png
Greetings!

Welcome to my request thread! Now, I know the fandom for Gravity Falls is largely dead, and that my odds of finding someone who is looking to roleplay it are low. That being said, I've never lost my love for it, and a combination of reading my recently acquired Journal 3 and the fantastic fanfiction
Time Has Changed Me (and Left Me Full of Doubt) has definitely reignited my desire to roleplay it. Hence my creation of this account! While I have a few years of roleplaying experience under my belt, I've been taking a break from it for the past year or so. I might be a little rusty, I'm definitely excited to try and get back into it!

So, a little more about me. You all can call me Ghostie! I don't want to disclose my exact age, but anyone who wants to know for comfort reasons, I'm between 15 and 20. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and have actually been fortunate enough to be published in three separate anthologies. When writing, I generally write two or three solid paragraphs, though I can write a lot more if I'm exceptionally invested in a particular scene. I'd generally like my partners to write at least one solid paragraph. I use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation in my roleplays, and it's an absolute must that my partner does as well. You can call me stuck up, but it irks me like nobody's business to see people missing quotation marks, misspelling characters' names, or writing in all lowercase. (If you want to use all lowercase in ooc conversation for aesthetic reasons, that's fine, but you have to use proper punctuation within the roleplay.) I generally prefer to write through pms, but I'm open to threads if that's a deal-breaker.

I'd also like to establish upfront that I'm entirely ditch friendly. As far as I'm concerned, you don't need to be able to cite some dramatic life event as a reason to stop roleplaying. Sometimes people just lose interest. That's not a crime. You can tell me if you don't want to continue, and I'll respect that. You don't need to give me a reason. I ask that you give me the same respect in turn if I lose interest. I'd also like you to know that, more often than not, if you lose interest for a while and then decide you'd like to continue, feel free to message me and ask if I want to pick it back up! More often than not, I'll be entirely happy to.

Now, with all that out of the way, you can find more information about the roleplay below!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
23daa717958fddc81b9629ca4ede4c12.png
Glad to see you've made it this far!

What I'm looking for right now is to do an original x canon roleplay set in the Gravity Falls universe. We'd be doubling up, so we each play our own original character as well as a canon counterpart (whether it's a love interest or otherwise) for each other. For example, maybe I'd want to have Soos as my love interest, and you'd want Toby Determined. I would play my original character and Toby Determined, and you would play your original character and Soos. I probably don't need to explain that, but hey, better safe than sorry!

First things first, I think you should all know that I'm not really looking to roleplay any AUs. I'm not interested in Reverse Falls, or Monster Falls, or whatever other AU. It's just not my cup of tea. However, I will allow alterations to the canon world, because I do think it's fun to kind of fiddle with the universe without changing it in its entirety. For example, if you'd like to play as a character who is a relative of an existing character, that's entirely acceptable.

Currently, I have a few character ideas I've been developing, so I'd need you to either play Stanley or Stanford Pines as my counterpart. If you don't want to play either of those characters, you may want to look elsewhere. As for your character's counterpart, I'm willing to play just about any character with one condition, and one exception. The condition? The characters must be at least 15 for them to be involved in a romantic relationship. That means, if you'd like Dipper, Mabel, Pacifica, or Gideon, they'd have to be aged up to 15. However, that doesn't mean the roleplay has to take place after the canon storyline. You could choose to have it take place during any point of the show, and just say that the character was 15 during the canon storyline. And the exception is that I won't play Bill Cipher, simply on the principle that any relationship with him would probably be anything but healthy and fulfilling.

Anyway, now that you've looked all of that over, feel free to send me a pm if you're interested!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back