• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 3 Vertices OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
HIYA! My names Thalia! :)
I havent made a rp in quite awhile! Like.. well it feels like years, but idk, its probably been a year or so, idk, whatevs, unimportant! lol

Ive had a hankering to gm/rp/make a rp for awhile! Sooooo I did. I wrote up all the lore! Theres a lot of it XD I kinda went a bit overboard. BUT you dont need to read it all.
I went ahead and simplified it TWICE. One is more of a condensed version, the other is a TRUE simplified version, like barebones.

ANYWAY.

This is going to be a hardcore fantasy, combat RP. (PRIMARILY PVE tho not completely) Don’t worry! It’s not as bad as it sounds! Don’t feel too anxious. There will be plenty of time for your character to grow! Ah, this is going to be medievalish, generic fantasy. Nothing super absurd, so we all kinda know whats going on, etc.

This rp won’t be held back by common rp constraints or ideas like “the characters start weak then get strong”. I’ve decided on specific points or “arcs” where our characters will be able to go through explosive growth to get stronger. Since the enemies of this rp are going to be strong, very strong. And the stakes will be very high. But this rp is meant to be a Power fantasy, so if that’s your jam, then I’m sure you’ll have fun!
Even if characters take a TON of damage, while itll be dramatic and nasty in the moment, there'll be high tier healing spells and potions and abilities that'll save even peeps on the brink of death! So we can get real wild with fights and monsters and stuff!

Regardless of what I just said our characters are going to start out around an intermediate level. Not exactly weak, but not exactly “strong”. Though characters can boast unique strengths, I don’t mind that, depending on how I evaluate bios. Power will come quickly, don’t you worry!

(You can still do other things, like character interaction, romance -if that's your thing-, etc etc.)

To repeat, our characters will be of Intermediate level starting out (low, mid, high Intermediate level).
I’ll show in the lore thread what an “intermediate level” character is. Or you can ask specifically in the ooc thread.

Fantasy artwork pics, anime pics, reasonable "Real life" pics that look like they'd fit in. Thanks!
I'm looking for people who are reasonably good at rping, who aren't afraid to make stuff happen and make good posts. At least a paragraph or two. Strong posts that people can work off! The rp is set up in such a way that every character should have something they're constantly working towards. Thats where the "cultivation" stuff comes in. Dont worry, its in the mechanics! section of the lore. And not that hard to figure out, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! But yes, Id like people that know what theyre doing, no like, below average rpers (sorry, not trying to be mean here). And very specifically, people who are GOOD at combat rp, and WANT to do combat rp. Again, its going to be primarily pve (or against npcs). Lotsa places for characters to get shining moments to be badass and stuff. (Or their face kicked in lol if youre so inclined)

I know this is an interest thread, but like, i already made it so.. XD Its more of a "heads up" and if you are interested, then by all means let me know! Thanks !! :)

Ah, right. Common rp rules, please! Be respectful. Dont godmode or powerplay, dont cause problems or issues, if you do, calmly work them out. No sexists or racists, (though there may be some IC stuff like that, its a fantasy rp so, anyway). Any type of person or sexuality can join, I dont care, its all good! You guys know, thanks! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is the OOC thread, i just copied the above thing from the interest check! XD lols

ill get up a character skeleton soons :)

Hey peeps, go ahead and chat if youre around and interested! especially if you have questions XD

I think ive sussed out how the rp begins lol

Well, I got the cs thread up!
I didnt check the tabs.. i hope they work if fixed XD

anyway, here it is!

ill make my character soonish, duno, maybe after i sleep!

Just finally realized that there was an OOC chat, suppose I should look more often. But yeah, might go with my Bounty Hunter lad.

our chars are gunna begin around intermediate

these are the levels
you also dont have to choose only one path, your character can be dipping into all 3 if you want

For Adventurer rank, between D and B rank.
D Rank
Not quite a beginner, but with these skills, not considered much more. Still, they’re beginning to gain some footholds into adventuring. D rank and up is where the adventurer is allowed to participate in Dungeon raids, though, must meet a requirement to do so.

C Rank
Skills are improving. Now capable of fulfilling many monster slaying quests. Monster culling quests would still require a few C ranks or higher to complete however. C rank must also meet a requirement to dungeon raid.

B Rank
A solid grasp of combat, with noteworthy skills. Although there are many B ranks, B rank Adventurers are still highly respected and sought-after. B ranks typically take on more and more monster slaying quests.

And would take Copper and Silver tier jobs.

For the Martial Path.
1-2 Cores.
Anywhere between
Impure Core Stage 1
Impure Core Stage 2
Impure Core Stage 3
Impure Core Stage 4

Muddled Core Stage 1
Muddled Core Stage 2
For each core

Martial Artist rank is between
Adept Martial Artist
A martial artist that underwent training and manifested a Core.
Typical Martial Artist
A martial artist with a Muddled Core.
Martial Expert
A martial artist who has manifested two Cores.
Typical Martial Expert
A martial artist who has two Cores with one at least Muddled.

Magic Path
2 Ring Mage
A novice mage. Access to 2 Ring spells. Begins to grasp a second School of Magic.
3 Ring Mage
Intermediate mage. Access to 3 Ring spells. Knows Mix-Weaving, Twisting spells, and a second School of Magic.
4 Ring Mage
Advanced mage. Access to 4 Ring spells. Good grasp of their second School of Magic. Learn how to Craft Spells together. In other words, create one’s own brand new spells. Though it requires a bit of imagination.

(However, for a 4 ring mage, there would be some stipulations.)

Mage Rank
These are the ranks allowed, but a Elite mage would have some stipulations.

Novice Mage
A beginner mage. Has 1 to 2 rings. Mostly uses Name casting. Never fielded.
Intermediate Mage
Studied magic somewhat. Has 2 to 3 rings. Mostly uses Name casting, but may incorporate low-tier Chant casted spells. Below fodder mages, not really worth fielding in war-like scenarios except if lacking in manpower or for raw numbers alone.
Elite Mage
Studied mage. Incorporates various spells in combat to throw off opponents. Capable of some silent casting, but will fall back on Name casting. Understands 1 or 2 Mage Techniques. Has 3 or 4 rings. Or 2 rings and a Ghost ring. Fodder mages.

Astral Path
May have either 2 or 3 Stars. The character can be near gaining a 4th star.
Between these ranks
Pupil
1 star agent. Primarily works on forging a 2nd star.
Student
2 star agent. Begins using Essence Shroud/Astral Aura.
Graduate
3 Star agent. Proficient with many simple Astral techniques, and Astral Projection. Most have used Astral studying to achieve this rank.

Hmm, rather interesting. Been thinking of choosing between two pictures to use as reference for my lad, but I’m uncertain as to which one to use. Here are the pictures I’m referring to for my Bounty Hunter Lad:

IMG_5096.jpeg

IMG_5095.jpeg

IMG_3464.jpeg

I prefer 1 and 2, though theyre all good
1s scary!

You know, theres something interesting about your idea XD
Ive mostly got my characters backstory in mind, which usually i find pics first, so this is unusual for me, since i dont have any xD

but anyway, my character i think its gunna have a bounty on her head lol

Then Design 1 it is! And huh, rather interesting to know that. Would be certainly interesting seeing to see how said characters interact. Considering my lad, despite his dirty fighting, still has a code of honor, letting his targets know beforehand that they are being hunted (although it’s moreso to make a more satisfying ‘hunt’ and getting past whatever his target deploys to try and stop him) as well as preferring to take someone in alive than dead.

Okay, i FINISHED my character! :)

itll give an idea on how a bio should look!
especially the vertex section! :)

oh ill probs add another character eventually
ill also have npcs and such

Now, reckon I should start writing some things for my Bounty Hunter lad, but I should quest, are Bounty Hunters (or typical ones) a part of the Guild? Or could a Bounty Hunter accept missions or Bounties for other places instead of mainly the Guild itself and remain seperate?

hm thats a good question
bounties hunters are likely a separate profession
bounties are probably placed by local law enforcement (if the criminal is local) or by lords of regions/areas
(for example in the ver tetrarchy, its probably one of the 4 families that places a bounty on a priority target, then the other families probably also go after that bounty)
a notable criminal would have a bigger bounty and one that spreads over nation lines

there may be guild-based bounties if its a guild member thats gone rogue

and also bounty hunters can ALSO be adventurers, like you can typically be whatever and also an adventurer
like you can be a doctor, but also a registered adventurer. or you can be a guard or knight but also an adventurer, etc

I need to stumble upon pictures to use as appearance to get an idea on what I'm gonna do if you have any spare images throw them at me and it might help 🤔

theyre primarily women since thats what i hunt for lol
barbarian aiyen use.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 155748.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 163411.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 173706.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 175326.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 180431.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 181715.pngScreenshot 2023-07-08 185648.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 102207.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 175528.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 230338.pngScreenshot 2023-07-12 091405.pngScreenshot 2023-07-13 153530.pngScreenshot 2023-07-14 022546.pngScreenshot 2023-07-14 045403.pngScreenshot 2023-07-14 080849.pngScreenshot 2023-07-15 152657.pngScreenshot 2023-07-16 212033.pngScreenshot 2023-07-17 014457.png
castro vigo.png

for the record, i have multiple pics of most of these lol

yea they do lol
some might end up npcs
(there'll be quite a few npcs that just randomly show up as antagonists, as fights, as party members) peeps'll come and go fast lol

some more pics
queen of charlotte 5 disciples.pngaria pwet.pnghilde sunwitch.pngophelia n ned.pngsilvestia.pngdariel m.pngdariel0.pngophelia mag.pngaltair magic.pngcastro fire.png

For magics and stuff, how many rings or schools and things should there be at most? And is there any reason to not add some Spiritual on top of that or is there encouragement to just only follow one vertice if not just to fit character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back