• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 3 Vertices Interest Check redux

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
Hi!

Im making a new interest thread for my rp, because my rp could use a few more rpers! Right now we have several dedicated people, but I think the rp could use a few more! And right now is a good time to join in the rp.

My rp is a fantasy rp. It features combat that will primarily be Pve, but will have some pvp combat, including against me the gm, and npcs I play. For this rp I want competent writing skills, and people who are into rp enough to write compelling posts. The posts dont have to be huge or anything (and certainly do not have to be like my posts, but you know, posts that are still respectable.)

I have plots and quests in mind for our characters. The characters will also be constantly working towards something, and on the path of constant growth. PCs can also accomplish stuff in-universe, and that will be reflected in the world, with npcs knowing characters by reputations, etc. I intend the rp to move at a decent pace. Damage to characters is expected, but there is healing spells and potions that'll heal it all right up! In spite of the tags, things like romance, and drama, and that sorta thing are totally fine to happen, too!

The rp has been going on for a short while, but this is a good time to jump in! Since the initial prologue arc has just concluded. This is why Im making a new interest check to see if anyone will join up now! :) To understand whats going on, you really only need to read the first post, and my latest post. If you have any questions feel free to ask! You can ask in the ooc, or in the discord.

Anyway, here is the lore!
the char sheets!

and the IC

Hello there. 👋

It's strange to see that someone has arranged an rp with a lore-style this similar to my own usual. I am endlessly intrigued.

I've read through the simplified and condensed lore, gonna run through the full lore and cs' tomorrow. Nice worldbuilding by the way.

Hello there. 👋

It's strange to see that someone has arranged an rp with a lore-style this similar to my own usual. I am endlessly intrigued.

I've read through the simplified and condensed lore, gonna run through the full lore and cs' tomorrow. Nice worldbuilding by the way.
Hi there! :D

Wha? Really? XD Is it similar to yours?

Hehe, thanks! ^^ I hope you like it! Though you dont have to technically read everything right away, its a lot, I know.

Hi there! :D

Wha? Really? XD Is it similar to yours?

Hehe, thanks! ^^ I hope you like it! Though you dont have to technically read everything right away, its a lot, I know.
I have a tendency to write pages and pages of lore for my projects. In the last magic fantasy setting I made, I wrote up a magic system similar to yours (like mental calculations/code) and created a list of 2000 spells across 20 schools of magic. It was ridiculous, but I had fun haha 😅

I appreciate the thought, but I  will be reading all that lore - on my status as lore savant! 😤

I have a tendency to write pages and pages of lore for my projects. In the last magic fantasy setting I made, I wrote up a magic system similar to yours (like mental calculations/code) and created a list of 2000 spells across 20 schools of magic. It was ridiculous, but I had fun haha 😅

I appreciate the thought, but I  will be reading all that lore - on my status as lore savant! 😤
heh heh i did notice it said you were lore savant XD

and yea wow that sounds like a lot! XD ive thought about doing that... but idk, i think its more interesting to just have spells happen organically in the rp
maybe i should add a generic spell compendium tho hmm
honestly, lore is fun

and yea wow that sounds like a lot! XD ive thought about doing that... but idk, i think its more interesting to just have spells happen organically in the rp
maybe i should add a generic spell compendium tho hmm
honestly, lore is fun
It has it's strengths and weaknesses. On one hand you can clearly define progression throughout the entire roleplay and give people real, physical goals to work towards. On the other hand, it severely limits player-creativity in coming up with their own abilities.

These days I tend towards a mix, with a basic overview of commonly used spells within various schools but making it clear it's just a guideline. I also encourage lore/spell/school contributions from players in this case.

But yeah, lore is hella fun you're totally right~

It has it's strengths and weaknesses. On one hand you can clearly define progression throughout the entire roleplay and give people real, physical goals to work towards. On the other hand, it severely limits player-creativity in coming up with their own abilities.

These days I tend towards a mix, with a basic overview of commonly used spells within various schools but making it clear it's just a guideline. I also encourage lore/spell/school contributions from players in this case.

But yeah, lore is hella fun you're totally right~
yup yup yup trueee but imma talk to you in the discord now ^^

yea some mix is good for sure! player creativity is typically what i want

mhm it is :>

Hello! I’m interested in potentially playing a grizzled old vet/former adventurer 🤗🤗 any room for that?

Hi!

Im making a new interest thread for my rp, because my rp could use a few more rpers! Right now we have several dedicated people, but I think the rp could use a few more! And right now is a good time to join in the rp.

My rp is a fantasy rp. It features combat that will primarily be Pve, but will have some pvp combat, including against me the gm, and npcs I play. For this rp I want competent writing skills, and people who are into rp enough to write compelling posts. The posts dont have to be huge or anything (and certainly do not have to be like my posts, but you know, posts that are still respectable.)

I have plots and quests in mind for our characters. The characters will also be constantly working towards something, and on the path of constant growth. PCs can also accomplish stuff in-universe, and that will be reflected in the world, with npcs knowing characters by reputations, etc. I intend the rp to move at a decent pace. Damage to characters is expected, but there is healing spells and potions that'll heal it all right up! In spite of the tags, things like romance, and drama, and that sorta thing are totally fine to happen, too!

The rp has been going on for a short while, but this is a good time to jump in! Since the initial prologue arc has just concluded. This is why Im making a new interest check to see if anyone will join up now! :) To understand whats going on, you really only need to read the first post, and my latest post. If you have any questions feel free to ask! You can ask in the ooc, or in the discord.

Anyway, here is the lore!
the char sheets!

and the IC
hey! is this still open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back