• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ᵃ ᶜ ᵒ ᶫ ʸ ᵗ ᵉ ˢ

l y s s a

love bites

6CFqiHl.gif

|the town of Barrows Grove is a quaint little place,

where the air is fresh, the sky's clear and the residents greet you with smiles on their face,

a pleasant and remote little village just a few miles out west from Salem that radiates small-town charm,

such a shame really, that it's secrets hold nothing but harm.

Dangers and warnings whispered behind closed doors,

As truths too gruesome to tell come out, start to unfold,

The past is revisited as events come to light,

As to what really happened to Amber Velling that cold December night.

Welcome dear strangers, to quaint Barrows Grove!

Where the things most sold here are one's own soul.|

(okay so besides all THAT melodrama, let me explain what the heckie you just read there friends: What this roleplay essentially is is a story-driven, character-influenced RP that explores the

fictional town of Barrows Grove, a seemingly small and pleasant town that hides many demons under it's friendly facade, and the mysterious death of Amber Velling, a college student who was found dead last December and was ruled as killed by 'natural causes' even though the body was obviously mutilated beyond quote on quote 'natural causes'.

We the players will be playing as a group of individuals who are investigating the death themselves, the group having been close to the now late Miss Velling and wanting answers beyond 'lol soz bud thats classified info, lmao', and in their quest for answers and justice for their deceased friend, the horrific and barbaric past of the deceivingly harmless town comes to light- and the demons lurking in shadows behind them come out to play.

The rp itself will have a heavy focus on suspense, drama and thrill- along with keen observational skills and natural curiosity that will lead you to the truth about the town's true natire. The story is docu-horror-geared, pushing on psychological thriller but hey hey hey who doesn't love a good thriller amiright folks? Besides the main focus though, the plot relies -heavily- on the curiosity and the narrative skills of the player, as what you find and what you reveal, along with how you interact and forge bonds with others, will drastically affect what you know and as such so your investigation. Also, your characters can (and maybe will) die horrible deadly deaths, woops!

Warning though, this RP will feature MANY MANY HORRIBLE THING, such as maybe: Murder, death, general ceasing of living things, secrets, blackmail, bribery?, cults. lots and lots of cults, conspiracies, trauma, possibly torture? who knows man the people here are just in general really fucking awful, maybe kidnapping, again, death. get that one in there good people, character death (yeah ima go there!), and just in general so many horrible awful things that I cannot even DESCRIBE ((ill post updated trigger warnings throughout the entire thing tho dont worry peeps)) but yeah, thats pretty much all you need to know about the mechanics.)

--------

date: [feb 28th-march 1st]

Last edited by a moderator:

i accidentally turned off my notifs for this and didnt notice until now so i literally did not notice any of you peeps' comments until right this second, oops

@Isacoolbow @scoundrel @phosphenes @/سربرنيتشا\
ill tag you guys when the main post is posted on (hopefully) feb 25th, if not then then the day after

note: the post date for the main topic has been delayed due to the pushback of the bbcode update, and will likely be published somewhere between the 28th-1st depending on when the transfer is done. sorry for the inconvenience folks, but thanks for reading!

Hey everyone, the main thread is going up rather tonight or early tomorrow, im trying to relearn all of my previous bbcoding and that shouldnt really take longer than a day or so, thanks for waiting & reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back