• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [200XX] Trouble In Neo York - Cyberpunk RP

MrReaves

Steamlord
neo1.png

In the far future, Earth is a galactic slum of mile-high concrete structures gleaming with neon, ruled by corporate greed and infested with gangs of mutants and cyborgs. The Moon was settled by the fleeing corporate elite and developed into palaces of glamour and excess. The march of technology has been unstoppable; humans have taken to the stars, the dead can return in robotic shells, and genetic modification varyingly improves or ruins the lives of the populace.

On Earth’s surface, most people are employed by the megacorporations that provide all products and services and enforce their own laws, using them as an endless source of cheap labor. There are those, however, who slip through the cracks of the iron-fisted rule of the wealthy and make a living through much more adventurous (and much less legal) means.

They are the smugglers, the hackers, the assassins and the freedom fighters;
They are the ones who stand between humanity and its subjugators.

They are the ones whose story we will tell.

Welcome... To the year:

neo2.png

~~~

This roleplay is based on the Tabletop RPG “200XX”, a homebrew cyberpunk-themed tabletop system devised by Mai, who has also supplied me with the amazing pixel art you're seeing. I was once part of a 200XX text campaign GM’d by Mai and enjoyed myself so immensely in this engaging cyberpunk setting, that I gained her permission to make it into this RP!

As stated, in this RP our character will be members of society’s fringe, criminals in the eyes of society- but heroes, perhaps, in the eyes of the downtrodden. Creating your character will require you to choose a Race (Grounder, Loonie, Spacer, Nobody, Mute, or Techie) which I will describe in detail in the Lore thread!

The most exciting aspect of the world of 200XX, to me, is the fact that it isn’t a locked-in setting (beyond the lore I’ve described so far). The goal of the setting is to incorporate whatever we enjoy most about cyberpunk fiction such as Cyberpunk 2077, The Expanse, etc, which means that YOU get to pick and choose what you need to assimilate the character you would most enjoy playing!

Come with your character ideas, questions and anything else to the Lore thread and post here if you'd like to join me on this trip into Neo York!

neo3.png

YES
I absolutely love cyberpunk, but haven't been able to do an RP based on it yet. I will definitely be participating!

Windjammer Windjammer
Syfer Syfer
wishmeluck wishmeluck

Welcome and thanks so much for your interest! Please have a read through the lore thread and let me know if you have any questions, or dive into character creation!

Borge and Plebian, I look forward to hearing what you decide!

I'll probably end up taking a max of 4-5 people for this RP so it doesn't get out of control, but we'll see how it goes.

Almost have the CS done, btw while we're here, should we post them in the CS tab directly or PM you the CSes for you to approve it then post it on the CS thread?

You're free to post them in the CS thread! If I have any feedback I'll post it in replies there and people can edit their bio's.

Oh dear, I just came across this; it looks like there's already a good many people interested but is there room for any more?

Oh dear, I just came across this; it looks like there's already a good many people interested but is there room for any more?
You're always welcome to put an OC up, if we get too many I'll have to pick and choose but you'll still be in with a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back