• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 1x1 Tangled Strings Of Fate (need a partner)

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo peeps!

I got an idea I've been dying to try lately.

It's kind of a weird combination/amalgamation of Arranged Marriage, Star Crossed Lovers (doomed to end in tragedy, for any who don't know this term), Sci-Fi Fantasy, Magic, Occult.

So, deets!

My Character

My character, named Kyo'da, is a young man in his early 20's who's part of a race known as the Tuarva. This race is inhumanly strong (can flip a small one-story house like a coffee table), but have zero magical resistances or tolerance (even Healing magic is dangerous to him). His race evolved in a desolate region of the world and formed a very clan-based society without a central government and driven by the "only the strong survive" mentality. This character was lucky/unlucky enough to have been an infant caught up in a war between clans and was stolen from the family home and thrown into a river to drown by the clan's enemies. Thanks to buoyant clothing material the baby survived the murder attempt and washed up on shore several miles downstream where they were picked up by a passing Elven couple. Raised by Elves in an environment foreign to his kind he became an upstanding young man with a strong sense of morals and duty to his family.

But for Kyo'da, it's not that simple... The Tuarva's brutality knows no bounds, and his people are responsible for countless deaths and acts of violence throughout the region and across numerous borders. As such he is shunned by all who remember the atrocities of his people. Guilty by association/birth. He has become accustomed to this treatment as it is non-stop wherever he goes. Outside of his little community where he grew up, none accept him once they realize what he is.

Your Character

Your character is the crown Princess of the kingdom of Sihlruan. This kingdom is eclectic and supports numerous races such as humans, Elves, Uranus (*), and Nymphs (*). Being a Nymph/Uranus hybrid, she boasts the power of both sides of her lineage (though at slightly muted levels compared to full-blooded counterparts). She is due to be wed, but because of the volatile nature of the kingdom she hails from, as well as its poor relations with its neighboring kingdoms, it was decided she would be wed to a commoner from one of said neighboring kingdoms. To facilitate this union, several scouts were sent to each one to find viable candidates to marry the princess and/or serve as witnesses to the union so they could return home and spread the good word in hopes it would ease political and social tensions. The Princess, whether personally accepting of this decision or not (this is up to you to decide), has resigned herself to this decision and prepares to fulfil her duty to her people by going through with it.

The Plot

Kyo'da is initially a witness, not a candidate. However, the Royal Ball, which will give the Princess a chance to mingle with her suitors, is going to be crashed by a dangerous enemy to her kingdom. And Kyo'da, being the upstanding young man he is, will not stand by and allow it to continue. Even knowing it will reveal his race and make everyone hate him, he will use his strength as a Tuarva to help drive these invaders away. And this is where it gets interesting.

* Uranus & Nymphs - Both of these races have powerful connections to nature and the spirit of mortal beings. The Uranus, specifically, can sense the "color" of someone's heart simply by being near them (within about 10 feet or so, in the Princess's case). These colors help them to avoid threats and seek out allies with ease. And it is this sense specifically that will initially serve as the trigger for what is to come between Kyo'da and the Princess.

The Princess will cross Kyo'da's path, or at least get close enough to sense his heart, during the Ball before the attack and immediately be drawn to it. The reason for this is because his heart's color is "gold." To the Uranus, this color represents purity of spirit and steadfast devotion to one's personal beliefs. This color is exceptionally rare in beings like Elves, Dwarves, humans, and is basically unheard of in the Tuarva race given their barbaric nature. But Kyo'da has it. However, before they can speak the Ball will be interrupted and Kyo'da will do his thing to help save the Princess and the guests.

Once the threat has passed Kyo'da will be accosted by the Royal Guards (because he's a Tuarva and just outed himself by demonstrating his strength). As the only Uranus in the room, aside from her mother the Queen who is also in attendance, she announces what she senses within him and urges her mother to confirm, which she does. Once confirmed that Kyo'da is no threat the Royal Guards back down and the Princess, depending on your designs for her, will do one of two things: She will either urge her mother to make Kyo'da a candidate so she can get to know him, or she will request that he be allowed to remain as part of the guard so that his strength can help ensure the safety of anyone/everyone in the castle as they proceed with the Ball and the process of choosing a respectable groom for her.

And from there, things will hopefully develop into a love story between the two.

But that's as far as I'm taking the plot as I want everything after to develop on its own.

[/divide So! What do ya think?! Any takers for the princess?! I'll have much more detail to share if I get any interest in the concept! Cheers! ~ GojiBean

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun! I would definitely be interested in doing this.

I would very much be interested in doing this! I love the storyplot! 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back