• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 RPs (added specific plots!)

2inchlich

A tiny lich
PM me if you're interested in anything listed here! I'm more likely to notice that than a reply!
Important edit (1 December 2018)
: Due to finals coming up in uni and the fact that I'm starting a new job, things are a little busy for me right now. Because of this, I'm putting RPs on hold and will only be able to do specific ones infrequently with certain characters. Check my character list (linked further down in this post) where I've bolded and italicized all the characters I'd be interested in using right now.
Edit: I forgot that this isn't really an art site, so in lieu of drawn images I would be fine with screenshots from games and maybe photographic faceclaims. There just needs to be some sort of visual reference, even if it's vague, since I tend to draw scenes from RPs that I get super into.
Edit 2: I just realized that I forgot to add my own writing examples! These are excerpts from a novella I'm working on.
"
Doctor Miller Morris was a portly man in his mid-fifties who wore a simple gray suit without a jacket, and was a well-respected man in the community. He was known for his kindness and well-intentioned but often inconvenient propensity for “adventure.” There were many times where someone from town would have to go rescue him from one of his adventures, which generally involved him heading out too deep into the swamp looking for “new remedies for old ailments.” The doctor laid eyes on Victor and shot up from his seat at a large wooden desk, and his body quivered as the one-eyed man approached him.

“I’ve come to collect,” Victor said calmly, but with a palpable chill to his voice. The tone made Irving shudder briefly. “This gentleman’s sister has a broken bone and will need surgery. If you can manage that and she survives you can consider your debt repaid and I’ll leave you alone.”

Dr. Morris slowly ceased his trembling and gulped audibly. “And your brother?” He asks, glancing from Irving to Victor. There’s judgement in his gaze, Irving notices. As if the doctor sees him as just as much of a monster as Victor just for associating with him. The notion makes Irving uneasy."
"
Myrtle’s father still wasn’t back from the store. It had been much too long, and she and her mother were notably worried. Daisy stood with the front door open, gazing out into the hazy 8 P.M. gloom. Victor and Irving spoke with each other, but it had all seemed so innocuous to Myrtle–nearly cryptic, she thought. Regardless, neither man seemed concerned about Mr. Pond’s absence.

Eventually Daisy closed the door and stepped back inside, smiling sadly at her children and her guest. “Well. It seems like Mr. Pond is taking his time to come home, doesn’t it?” She laughed nervously. “I’m sure he just got caught up talking to Mr. Addison at the store.”

Irving’s eyes widened and he nodded slightly. “Maybe so,” he responded.

“Well. In any case,” she continued, clapping her hands together. “You must be starving,” she said to the three of them. “Let’s go ahead and start without him.”

Dinner passed uneventfully. Mrs. Pond made polite, friendly conversation with Victor. He seemed distracted. Myrtle made eye contact with him nervously, then casting the same nervous glance at her brother. Neither man addressed the elephant in the room. There was a loud boom outside and Myrtle jumped, dropping her fork to the floor. She clutched the table with one hand and placed the other over her heart. It beat fast and hard in her chest, and she soon had to release the table and instead move that hand to her forehead, propping herself up with an elbow on the table as she leaned forward slightly."

More writing samples can be provided upon request!

I have like 200 ocs so it's a little hard to talk about them individually. I've got an onsite catalogue for my current characters. It's by no means comprehensive because I would lose my darn marbles trying to copy all of my characters to another site again, so here's an onsite link to my character list. Hopefully this doesn't get merked otl ;w;

Also, there are some writing styles I just can't vibe with. It's nothing personal, but sometimes I just really don't like the way a person writes and it becomes such a barrier for me that I just lose interest in the RP, so I try to be upfront about this right off the bat.

1. I'm 22 years old, and only RP with people 18 or older. I'd prefer someone over 20 and close to my age, but as long as you're over 18 I don't mind too much how old you actually are. On that note, I don't RP anything NSFW (I mean, thank God that's a site rule because wew I'm tired of getting approached for nsfw stuff elsewhere) and I generally dislike romance unless it's mutually agreed upon prior to beginning the RP. If it's romance, I work a lot better with M/F couples (I prefer being M). Like I said though, we have to discuss that before starting the rp. Additionally, I don't use characters under 18 and ask any potential partner to not either.

2. A lot of my characters have established backstories and personalities and I'm not willing to alter these. Small things are fine obviously, like including your character in their backstory in some way, but I don't want to take a character like Ravija (a giant in an ancient tribe) and make him a normal human for example. But if you want your character to go back in time and meet him or other people in his tribe, that's totally fine. Or if you want him to end up in the present and interact with him then, that's fine too. On that note, I'm down to RP any of my characters or even make a new one, but I'm more inclined to use any of the characters in my main or sona folders. Honestly, it all comes down to OOC communication prior to beginning the RP. I may be alright with small changes to suit a plot if we just discuss them first.

3. I RP fairly literately, averaging probably around 5 sentences per reply and going up to 3 paragraphs if need be. However, I may not have time to send more than a couple responses a day and ask that any potential partner recognizes this and is understanding if there happens to be a day where I just don't respond at all. I may stop in to say hi OOC, but sometimes I just don't have the time to produce any meaningful responses IC.

4. There's certain things I LOVE in RPs and certain things I can't stand. Just getting into those very briefly here, they are:

• Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Low fantasy/medieval fiction
  • Historical
    • especially Rome, Dacia, Wallachia, and eastern european history. WW2 is alright, but I feel like it's also a touchy topic--but I don't mind doing WW2 RPs with the right partner. I don't know enough about WW1 to be capable of portraying it well, so I shy away from it.
  • Military
  • Mythology (two of my mains are norse gods and i love them)
  • Size difference dynamics
  • Platonic relationships
  • Post-apocalypse
  • Post-post-apocalypse
  • Western
  • Southern Gothic
  • Folklore/cryptid themed things
  • Horror
  • M/f
Maybe
  • Romance
  • Sci-fi (I have a stellaris character that I never developed much, but that I love)
  • High fantasy (with the right person. I'm picky about this)
Dislike
  • Modern/contemporary settings. You would have to work very hard to convince me to be okay with this.
  • Most fandoms other than the ones I listed under my likes. Ask first, but if it's anime there's an almost 100% chance that I'll say no.
  • OOC/AU interactions with my characters without discussing it extensively first.
  • School settings of any sort--even if it falls under one of my preferred settings.
  • Less than 5 sentences per response unless the RP is really lagging that much.
As for plots and ideas, I have a ton right now, but they're all really dependent on what sort of characters my partner would be interested in using and would be interested in me using. I STRONGLY PREFER going into an RP with a partner who knows what they like. I don't like being made to make all the decisions--in fact it stresses me out a lot. Let me know which of my characters you prefer and I'll do the same for you. I do ask that you have a drawn reference of your characters though, on that note.

NEW!!! Specific plots and pairings I'm interested in right now!

I'm still working on visual refs for the characters I'd use for these plots, but I should get them posted soon. If you're interested in the bios without references, shoot me a PM! ^^
  • Male vampire x female human (romantic or non-romantic)
    • I would prefer to play the male vampire in this pairing.
      • Plot A: The human appeals to the vampire's better nature (depending on the vampire, this could be an easy task or a massive undertaking) and ends up becoming something of a roommate, rather than prey. This could develop into a romantic relationship, but doesn't have to. I would prefer a fantasy or historical setting for this, as that would work best with most of my vampires (although I do have a couple modern ones).
      • Plot B: The human is a hunter that captures the vampire and he appeals to her better nature (depending on the human, this could be an easy task or a massive undertaking). For some reason, the vampire is weaker at the moment that most others, and could easily be killed, but the human decides against it and keeps him around. Perhaps she uses him to help her catch other vampires? This could develop into a romantic relationship, but doesn't have to. I would prefer a fantasy or historical setting for this, as that would work best with most of my vampires (although I do have a couple modern ones)
    [*][*]Male vampire x female or male vampire (strong preference for non-romantic)
    • I would prefer to play the male vampire in this pairing.
      • Plot A: The two vampires are brought together in the wake of the mysterious deaths of both of their sires. If this is a Vampire the Masquerade RP, they could be from two different clans and have to begrudgingly work together, or they could be from the same clan and have that as another commonality between them. It could be that someone is targeting their clan specifically, or that someone is targeting vampires of a specific generation. I would strongly prefer historical for this setting. Medieval would be great! But I'm fine with other time periods if you want to suggest something else!
      • Plot B: The two vampires are nobility from two different kingdoms/principalities/etc. This RP would need a lot of plotting beforehand, but would mostly focus on political maneuvering without alarming the humans in either of their nations to the fact that their rulers are unholy monsters. Religion can play a part in this if you'd like, but as a note I'm an Orthodox Christian so I'd have more knowledge of that than any other religions (so also, depending on the time period and whether or not the Catholic church split off from the Orthodox one at that point yet or not, religion could play a VERY important role).
    [*][*]Male Vampire x male or female ??? (slight preference for non-romantic)
    • I would prefer to play a male vampire in this setting, but you could too if you want.
      • Plot A: A cataclysmic event (a war, a plague, or the apocalypse itself) befalls mankind and wipes out a large chunk of the population. Vampires get more brazen and more desperate, and their presence becomes more known to the average human populace. Humans at large are unable to wipe out the vampires, but some vampire hunters do exist. Some humans preach tolerance toward vampires and willingly become part of a vampire's herd in exchange for protection from other vampires. Other humans still fear the vampires in a way that most sane people would. Regardless, it's a divisive time in human history, and vampires are split evenly between suffering from it and profiting off of it. This could take place in the future, in the past, or just in a fantasy setting completely removed from our own. Your character can be anything: werewolf, vampire, fae, human, ghoul, idc. It's all good!
    [*]
  • Male spy x male spy (preference for non-romantic)
    • Any country is fine, cold war or ww2 preferred.
      • Plot A: The two spies are enemies, but are united when confronted with a common enemy. They could be aware of each other's status as an agent for their respective countries, or they could be, at least temporarily, unaware.
      • Plot B: The two spies are allies, employed by the same government, and sent on a mission together. It's supposed to be a simple mission, but things escalate beyond what either of them anticipated. (fantastical elements could be included, strong preference for cold war era if realistic).
  • Male soldier x male soldier in same army (strictly non-romantic)
    • I'd be fine with just about any country's military in this, depending on setting.
      • Plot A: This plot centers on the comradery between the two men, and their experiences in the war. This is pretty open-ended. It can be in just about any irl conflict, with a strong preference for historical ones, or it can be completely fantastical. OR it could be in a realistic but alternate history sort of setting? This plot is less fleshed out, but I think it lends itself to being more open.
Hmm... I think that's it! If you're interested, shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness I added an addendum that includes photo faceclaims and screenshots from games (I forgot that this site isn't primarily an art site)
Tolkien-fics Tolkien-fics I wouldn't mind Greek! I've been working on a couple Greek mythology based OCs, I just haven't fleshed them out as much yet. I can PM you their bios and references when I get home from class/work later.

Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness I added an addendum that includes photo faceclaims and screenshots from games (I forgot that this site isn't primarily an art site)
Tolkien-fics Tolkien-fics I wouldn't mind Greek! I've been working on a couple Greek mythology based OCs, I just haven't fleshed them out as much yet. I can PM you their bios and references when I get home from class/work later.

Yeah that’s be great!

If you're still looking for partners I'm always interested in anything VTM, New Vegas, or Elder Scrolls related. I'd love to hear about the characters you have for those settings.

I think we could work out something interesting with a Historical RP. I have a great interest in Hungarian history, which is quite near, uncomfortably so in some cases, to Dacia and Wallachia.

Update log: Added some writing samples and am finishing up some character references for a few of the interested people! I'm still tentatively open though, for the right partner. ^^

Maybe I could do Jojo's bizarre adventure rp... but don't expect me to be a cannon character : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Back