• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 Psychological Thriller [sci-fi/horror]

yossarian

Greetings all -

Presently I am searching for writing partners interested in high-tension psychological thriller plots containing darker elements.

Criteria:
•18+ only
•Semi-adv. lit
•Interested in engaging with darker themes such as violence, abuse, etc. (Though nothing inherently morally reprehensible beyond the context of a fictionalized setting).

I am hoping to write emotionally intense psychological thrillers of either standard modern/or across the prior few decades or speculative science fiction settings, including elements of violence (potential murder, kidnapping, torture, etc.), manipulation/psycho obsession, toxic dynamics, etc.
Regarding characters:
I most excel in writing 1) beefy, emotionally incompetent male characters who operate under aggressive and sporadic tendencies ; 2) androgynous misanthropes (male or female) of antiquated dispositions. However, I am flexible and open to experimenting in other archetypes.
+can write any gender or pairing, though have a preference towards writing masculine characters.
+ I am not a fan of strict power imbalances in which the authority in power is never challenged. I would prefer our characters be on relatively equal footing, or perhaps struggle to maintain control/dominance over one another (physically or psychologically). But unconventional spins on power dynamics are always welcome.

Listed below is a selection of plot ideas that we can work together to develop :
**Feel free to suggest your own plot ideas if you find none of these to be suitable to your tastes
Roles denoted by an * are the ones I would most prefer to write.

[#One]
A serial killer* stuck in a time loop with his victim. How many repeat days do they go through before begrudgingly coming together in hopes of finding a way out?

Alternatively…

An immortal is targeted by a slasher-type serial killer* who becomes increasingly frustrated and confused upon finding time and time again that his victim just won’t stay dead.

[#Two]
A gritty vampire hunter* ruthlessly pursues vengeance against his arch-nemesis, the smug, charismatic monster responsible for the death of the hunter’s [husband/wife]. But over time the hunter’s obsession seems to have shifted into something more intimate.

[#Three]
Loosely inspired by John Carpenter’s The Thing and similar media.
A crew on a deep-space mission encounters a hostile alien parasite to which the ship’s resident microbiologist becomes a host, and soon slaughters all other members of the crew due to the parasite’s instincts and influence. However, the ship itself is piloted by an emotionally intelligent android, whom the parasite fails to recognize as a biological being, and thus spares.
Being the only remaining crew members, and stranded light years away from Earth, the android and the parasite-ridden human must navigate an uneasy dynamic surrounding clashing ideals/motives.
(This is a very poor summary ‘^^ I have a lot of ideas surrounding this plot. Ask for more details if interested.)

[#Four]
An undercover agent impersonates a wealthy patron of a shady organization in order to infiltrating an organized consultation between a representative* of the establishment. Amidst the consultation, the agent discovers that the organization, funded by affluent individuals of the pompous upper-class, is planning to leverage its political power to escalate global tensions in order to initiate a nuclear war that will advance the nefarious agendas of its wealthy patrons. But the representative subsequently catches on to the agent’s impersonation, and craftily presents two options: working as a double agent to betray his own organization, or being “dealt with” on the spot.

Dm me with further questions pertaining to any of the information listed in this post, or with ideas for plots, characters, or themes you are interested in writing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back