• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 18th Century France/Musketeer Roleplay

DungeoneeringGoddess

Dungeoneering Goddess
In 18th Century France a young Queen Dionette sits on the throne. The people of France are starving in the streets as The Queen funds a tirelessly expensive war as well as her own extravagant parties. However she has a dark secret. When the previous king finally had an heir, he was blessed and cursed with twins. To prevent civil war he had the second child, Corlina, sent to the country and swore everyone who knew to secrecy. When he died and Dionette took the throne she had her sister arrested and sealed away in the Bastille.

The famous, retired three Musketeers and their young Musketeer in training now hatch a plan to save Corlina and replace her with her sister, thus beginning to reform France instantly without civil war. However the Queen has a secret ace in her corner, her personal body guard and assassin whom she saved from the streets when he fell on hard times - a man known as The Queen's Shadow. Will the Musketeers and Corlina fool him and all of France? Will they even be able to switch the two. A roleplay planned to have intrigue, action, drama, and romance.

I am looking for people with three paragraph posting average who will be excited for and committed to the roleplay. :)

Roles we need filled:

(Filled roles)

(
Open Roles )

(
Possibly filled )

The Queen

The Queen's Shadow - her personal body guard/assassin/etc.

The Sister

The Musketeer in training - who is in charge of watching the sister and training her to replace the queen

and hopefully I can get another musketeer role filled as well as someone else on the queen's staff/court. :)

Technically we need:

--Aramis, the Musketeer who left the queen's service and is leading the underground rebellion, he also created the plan the switch the Queen for her sister

-
-A member of the queen's court maybe the current Leader of the Musketeers or something....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can there be a possible gender-blend in this?

For example: musketeer who is actually a women? or perhaps a musketeer's sister who is a maid for the queen/spy for the musketeers? Or perhps Maid by day, musketeer by night?

Just trying to think of twists, either way it'd be cool to join in:)

I like the idea, but I really need to get these roles filled before I start creating other rolls....hmmm.....

but I kind of just got this image of another woman hitting on the Queen's Shadow -for information if she's a spy- and the Queen getting super pissed. That could be interesting..... (or not it just inspired me to continue with the idea xD )

alright well how about this? You could be a Lady in Waiting -just a noble's daughter at court who serves the queen- but you work closely with Aramis and Athos who are the ones planning the rebellion. I wouldn't want them to give your character too much information about the switch or anythign early in the roleplay though. would that be okay?

oh @MisfortunateDreams

What other roles do you need filled? I can take on two if you'd like, that way I'll still be involved in the Rebellion part even though she's not. Heck, she can even secretly be the twin (or younger sibling) of Aramis or Athos (who always argues with her brother/ hasn't talked to him in months)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back