• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 1800s magical Fantasy

Keira_Herah

Adventurous History ๐Ÿฅœ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 1834, the industrial revolution is in full swing in new York city, but beneath the hustle of the city is a hidden world, magic and races of people known to only a few thriving behind the scenes. Who are these hidden ones? People from a time long past or aliens arriving from the stars? How will these magicians shape history and the industrial age as we know it.

Very interested! Did you have a starter for this already? ^.^

I don't have a starter for this, the idea has been slightly modified as I have had time to develop the idea a bit more, I would be happy to hear if you had any ideas or preferences to throw into the mix of this plot, what I have changed was the year, because I came up with more depth of story and frankly more research into the time period. The setting is now 1880 in new York, the whole magic and supernatural theme is same.

Hmmm, I suppose my ideas would vary depending on what sort of character type you're looking for? Are you looking for a villain? I have plenty of those. I have some healers, I have some undead. But all wildly different personalities, backstories, etc. I am also good with playing multiple characters, in fact, I usually do better when I do. I also am very free flowy. I like surprises, tests of character, improvisation, and getting creative. I just need to know what sort of direction you're looking for this to go in.

Hmmm, I suppose my ideas would vary depending on what sort of character type you're looking for? Are you looking for a villain? I have plenty of those. I have some healers, I have some undead. But all wildly different personalities, backstories, etc. I am also good with playing multiple characters, in fact, I usually do better when I do. I also am very free flowy. I like surprises, tests of character, improvisation, and getting creative. I just need to know what sort of direction you're looking for this to go in.

The character I started to brainstorm was Samantha, a 22 year old mage, and member of a secret organization known as "the compass". The compass aims to keep the knowledge of the realm of magic away from the public eye, and they are protectors and guides of supernatural creatures and mages living in the underground. Samantha's job however is that she is to eliminate loose ends, she has much blood on her hands and is quite the calloused individual, though she believes that the Compass aims for the greater good. I don't have a fixed direction, that usually becomes more clear as the characters interact.

The character I started to brainstorm was Samantha, a 22 year old mage, and member of a secret organization known as "the compass". The compass aims to keep the knowledge of the realm of magic away from the public eye, and they are protectors and guides of supernatural creatures and mages living in the underground. Samantha's job however is that she is to eliminate loose ends, she has much blood on her hands and is quite the calloused individual, though she believes that the Compass aims for the greater good. I don't have a fixed direction, that usually becomes more clear as the characters interact.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah I'm super interested. I have the epitome of smug, rich asshole I could throw at you (demon), I could throw a more cunning and conniving demon at you (telepathic abilities), I could throw an anti-technology, Shakespeare-loving witch at you.... I could also use another character to be on Samantha's side and to fill in gaps between our character's interaction, but in that case, like I said, it depends on what kind of character you're looking for.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah I'm super interested. I have the epitome of smug, rich asshole I could throw at you (demon), I could throw a more cunning and conniving demon at you (telepathic abilities), I could throw an anti-technology, Shakespeare-loving witch at you.... I could also use another character to be on Samantha's side and to fill in gaps between our character's interaction, but in that case, like I said, it depends on what kind of character you're looking for.

I like the idea of the anti-tech witch, just because so many inventions were beginning to become public in the 1880s, gotta love Edison. But I also like the sound of rich demon asshole, Samantha would also be quite wealthy and see herself as above most.

I like the idea of the anti-tech witch, just because so many inventions were beginning to become public in the 1880s, gotta love Edison. But I also like the sound of rich demon asshole, Samantha would also be quite wealthy and see herself as above most.

I certainly don't mind playing both. My witch character is more of a True Neutral, so I could see her helping Samantha in the end. My rich prick is definitely a Neutral Evil. Deeeeeeep down he has a soft heart, but very very very few have ever seen it.

I certainly don't mind playing both. My witch character is more of a True Neutral, so I could see her helping Samantha in the end. My rich prick is definitely a Neutral Evil. Deeeeeeep down he has a soft heart, but very very very few have ever seen it.

Sam might end up hating him but that's what makes it fun, she isn't very friendly to begin with so it will be interesting

Sam might end up hating him but that's what makes it fun, she isn't very friendly to begin with so it will be interesting

Alright, if you want then, I can make a starter ^.^ or you can if you want, it doesn't matter either way to me I'm just hella excited now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back