• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings π‚πŽπŒπ„ π‚π‹πŽπ’π„π‘. β€” ( 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋 π—Œπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—‹π–Όπ— )

low fidelity

π—†π—ˆπ—π–Ύπ–½ π—π—ˆ 𝘣π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘴
❝ COME CLOSER.❞
introduction.

hello! welcome to my little 1x1 interest check. i decided to remake a partner search thread just to update some info, make it look spiffier, and keep things funky and fresh. brownie points if you know where the title's from! also, this is gonna be a bit long, be prepared for a good ol' read. so yeah, here's some info about me.

my name is venus, i'm 20 years old, i use they/them pronouns, and i've got about 7+ years of roleplaying experience under my belt! if you haven't seen my art thread, i am indeed an aspiring artist. i also enjoy punk rock music, i watch A Lot of movies, and i've recently gotten into video editing.

mainly, my favorite genres to roleplay are drama, supernatural/occult, and superpowers. i tend to prefer using female mains, though i also do love having multiple characters in a plot, so i'm cool with doubling. unfortunately anything in the least bit historical is not my jam, so i like all of my plots to be set in modern times! (anything like 90s and forth is alright, i'd just prefer to discuss first.) as you can tell once you read through my plots, i looove romance in plots, so if shipping and romance isn't your jam, we probably won't vibe together. also, this isn't a totally concrete list of all of my interests, feel free to suggest anything that you yourself like to me as well!

expectations.

now that you know a bit about me, here's what i'd like for anyone interested in partnering up to know! i will be upfront: i'm a bit of a picky and flighty person, but don't let that discourage you from pming me and chatting first to see if we're compatible. also, i can definitely tell upfront when someone hasn't read all of my rules and expectations, so please read everything first before contacting me. thanks!

β†’ 01. first and foremost, please be 18 or older! sorry, but as an adult, i am uncomfortable roleplaying with minors.

β†’ 02. be able to chat ooc with me! i really love being able to endlessly discuss plotting, world building, and especially our characters with each other. i don't like us interacting when its strictly about rping, i honestly want us to be friends! if i feel like we're not compatible, or can't have a conversation, i most likely won't be interested. i also tend to prefer chatting over discord!

β†’ 03. as you can likely already tell, i'm quite the casual person ooc. but, my writing is in 3rd person, and my replies vary from 500+ to 1500+ words, which means no one liners please! if you're happy to write at least 500 words or more for replies, we'll get along nicely.

⁠→ 04. if you are interested or have any questions, please do not post here but instead pm me and mention your favorite song. thanks!

interests & inspo.

now for the fun part: ideas, genres, and basically everything i'm interested in roleplaying!
note: anything with a * is a major favorite.

genre word bank; powers/metahumans*, dc/marvel inspired, x-men inspired, action*, adventure, romance*, sci-fi, futuristic, apocalyptic, post-apocalypse*, dystopian, supernatural, reincarnation, arranged marriage, academy, soulmates, creepy small town, mystery, mafia, organized crime, urban fantasy.

favorite pairings & tropes; reincarnated soulmates, enemies to friends to lovers***, witch x werewolf/vampire/witch hunters, guardian angel x demon/human, supernatural x mortal*, crime boss x assassin sent to kill them, band member x band member, begrudgingly surviving together to lovers, hero x civilian.

fandom inspo; john wick, euphoria, criminal minds, the goldfinch, the last of us, saints row, the walking dead, killing eve, the craft, lady bird, jennifer's body.

will not rp; major age difference, historical plots, lotr-style high fantasy, fandom rps. with ocs it's a possibility, but i will not rp canon characters. just ask me first!

my plots.

if you're looking for some specific ideas to peruse, here's all of my plots so far! as you can see, all of them are based off of songs i love. none of these are totally set in stone. i love being able to brainstorm different details and discuss between us to make it collaboratively ours, y'know what i mean? so please feel free to tell me what you're interested in, and maybe other ideas you had so we can work on it together! if you have a song you want to use for a plot, go ahead and suggest it to me.
note: any bolded muse means that's the muse i'd like to play!

"Save your love for someone like me,
You don't have to be a part-time Susie.
Save your love,
And take mine from me . . ."

Susie Save Your Love - Allie X ft. Mitski
β€” Muse A and Muse B have been best friends for as long as they can remember. Weathering through middle school, high school, and making it all the way to college, they've seen each other at their highs and lows, and have always supported each other no matter what. Since the beginning of their first semester of college, Muse A started dating someone, and their relationship has been nothing short of rocky. Lots of arguments, insults, and angry feelings, and it's a wonder they're still dating each other. Muse B has been there to support their friend no matter what, but has held unrequited feelings for them since high school, madly in love and wishing they could take them from their shitty relationship and show them what it means to be truly loved. (childhood friends to lovers tropes are so cute to me hehe. preferably fxf or mxm, with lots of jealousy and angst and believed unrequited feelings.)

"Can't you see what you've done to my heart and soul?
This is a wasteland now
We spies, we slow hands,
Put the weights around yourself now. . ."

Slow Hands - Interpol
β€” Set in the sleepy small town of Kepler Falls, Muse A tires of the slow pace of life, dozing through high school days and waiting for life to truly begin. Life in Kepler Falls is humble, everything you'd expect from a rural town with nothing much to offer except a Walmart 30 mins away and plenty of stargazing. The summer before junior year, they slowly but surely get more into the party scene, occasionally drinking or doing drugs, whatever to pass the time alongside the other bored kids of their town. One night, they finally take off to the big city for a popular party at a large manor, hosted by the friend of a friend. At that large party is where they meet Muse B, another teenager bored of life, but born into and surrounded by wealth and a bit bustling city. Maybe they hit it off at the party, maybe its a one night stand, maybe nothing really happens. But, the party is regarded as a night to remember, even though time continues on. Junior year arrives with the arrival of a new student. Whether it be due to behavioral issues, or some kind of conflict within the family, Muse B and their family have moved to Kepler Falls over the summer and are the newest student in their tiny high school. This can go a variety of directions, but I'm mainly aiming for friends-to-lovers and lots of angst. (can you tell i love small town hs romance plots? lmao)

"Got me right between the eyes,
Just one of those nights
To get pistol whipped!"

Pistol Whip - The Buttertones
β€” Our two muses are a wanted criminal couple, infamous for their abilities; like Bonnie and Clyde, or Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, they are an unstoppable force, robbing banks, planning heists, destroying towns, you name it. This plot is much less planned out than some others -- I'm aiming for a good mix of on-the-road desert road trip aesthetics tied in with fun criminal antics. They travel on the road, looking for their next thrill, their next target, as they run from the government. This can head out multiple ways - perhaps Muse A is captured by the police, and it's up to their partner to bust 'em out. Maybe this can go down the road of a heist gone wrong, or dealing with heroes (maybe) in the mix trying to stop them. (any pairing, definitely needs to be planned out more.)

"What it is and where it stops nobody knows,
You gave me a life I never chose,
I wanna leave but the world won't let me go."

Blindness - Metric
β€” Based off the year king fable with a downturned twist, Muse A is the quiet, resigned immortal prince/ss of Zephyr, a still and cold kingdom burdened with a yearly curse. Muse A lives in a routine of despair; a figurehead for the kingdom, their only source of hope to continue living every year, and their lamb sent to the slaughter. One year, however, Muse B is hired to work with the help in the castle, and yearns to break Muse A's routine. What will it take to break through to them? (preferably mxf or mxm. this one is a bit more richly detailed and rambly, so the plot will be discussed and explained more for whoever would like to claim it. i know i said nothing historical, but this is kind of meant to be a 'modern day' living thing, not medieval? does that make sense. anyways this was very much based off the lovely writing of callmearcturus on ao3.)

"There's nobody better than you,
It took me a while 'til I knew,
But you knew it was us from the start, didn't you?
It just took me a while 'til I knew."

Goodbye, My Danish Sweetheart - Mitski
β€” A mafia/organized crime plot. Muse A is the prodigy of an influential member in organized crime syndicate, sharp and now more involved in their family's business. Muse B is a self-proclaimed vigilante out for vengeance after their family/loved one was killed by Muse A's organization, determined to make each and every one responsible pay. Muse B initiates into the organization and quickly climbs through the ranks, fueled by a burning hatred...dimmed only by Muse A. When the two are assigned a mission, the tension crackles and Muse B begins questioning their resolve. (any pairing, inspired by john wick if you squint. slowburn enemies to lovers trope.)

"In the backseat of my heart,
My love tells me I'm a mess,
I couldn't get the car to start,
I left my keys somewhere in the mess . . ."

Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales - Car Seat Headrest
β€” Somethin' simple and sweet. Our two muses are tired of boring life in the city, and decide to leave together on a road trip. They finally leave with the dream of "touring" for their small time band, hopping from venue to venue and scraping by with whatever gigs they can get. Surprisingly, they gain a decent fan following, and after being offered a record deal, they get in a major fight. Muse A is happy and content with continuing their impromptu tour on the road to be able to spend time with B, while Muse B is convinced they can make it big time and values making money over their friendship/relationship. (any pairing! i wanna take this down an angsty unrequited love route.)

"And the day that we watch the death of the sun
That the cloud and the cold and those jeans you have on
That you gaze unafraid as they saw from the city ruins
Wasteland, baby,
I'm in love, I'm in love with you."

Wasteland Baby - Hozier
β€” Hollowed out cities, war-torn wasteland, and blighted zombies. Our muses are both surviving in a post-apocalyptic world, perhaps trying to escape from their own demons, or dictator-ruled compounds, looking for something out in the nothingness. Maybe destiny has fated them to fight and survive for so long, only to finally meet each other. This is pretty general, I'd love to expand on it. (meant to be a bittersweet romance survival plot. any pairing. inspired by TLOU.)

"This dream isn't feeling sweet
We're reeling through the midnight streets
And I've never felt more alone
It feels so scary, getting old . . ."

Ribs - Lorde
β€” Inspired by the HBO series, Euphoria, but like, make it a soulmate plot. High school coming-of-age, drama, angst, all that good stuff, but our muses live in a world where everybody has a soulmate. Whether it be their romantic partner, their best friend, maybe even a rival, they have a matching phrase or small symbol/image that appears once they've met their soulmate. Muse A is born and raised in the city, going to the same high school as Muse B, who recently moved into town before the beginning of the school year. Immediately both of their soulmate marks appear, and throughout the insanity of high school, they are now trying to figure out who their soulmate is. (any pairing, feel free to suggest any problems or angst we can throw in for this plot.)

"You're embarrassing me,
With a postponed marriage and this stalled out car
Then you leave me in the back,
With half a window rolled down
Like a dog in the summer heat . . ."

The Woman That Loves You - Japanese Breakfast
β€” Arranged marriage meets billionaire romance anyone? Muse A is the heir to a corporate throne - a throne they do not want to inherit, but following the wishes of their family, will take charge of the large conglomerate once they marry. Muse B comes from humbler beginnings, living in the same city as Muse A, but living a 'normal' life. Working a regular menial job, trying to get themselves through school and follow whatever they want to do in life. Both muse's families are old friends, and fulfilling an old promise, Muse A and Muse B are to be married, and are introduced to each other as their new betrothed. (this can go in a couple different directions, i'd like an angsty route before they actually fall for each other. preferably mxf.)

song inspo;
(aka songs i wanna do rps based off of but couldn't think of specific plots for!)
fell asleep with a vision - spirit of the beehive
i wanna be yours - arctic monkeys
borderline - tame impala
the predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us - sufjan stevens
vanished - crystal castles
champagne coast - blood orange
all i do is lie - stef chura
nfwmb - hozier

β€” VENUS' 1X1 SEARCH.

Last edited:
bump < 3

Users who are viewing this thread