• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 〈 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒, 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃 〉 -- 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝘩𝑒𝑐𝑘.

[div style="text-align:left;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/44DAIrl.jpg);font-size:12px;"]

[div style="margin: auto; width: 20rem; height: 20rem; background: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/YMYSJhv9tX3pYiwcdb/giphy.gif);padding:20px; background-size: cover; border-width: .2rem; border-style: solid; border-radius: 200px; border-color: gray"][/div]
My Post (1).png
[div style="background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8);padding:20px;width:50%;border-radius:0px;margin:auto;"]
PLOT SYNOPSIS
Welcome to the sprawling Beverly Hills, seated right in the lap of luxury. Here, young, hopeful actors, models, singers, directors and the like reside to chase their dreams of stardom. It's the land of fame. Power. Prestige. And...murder?

Mia McAllister is an up-and-coming Disney starlet who's set to become the female lead for a major film production.
Or, was.
The 20 year old had been scheduled to host a private meet-and-greet with fans following the release of the trailer for her new project. It was only when she was discovered to be absent from her L.A apartment did her manager and production team become alarmed. Although the police weren't concerned at first (since there was no signs of broken entry), the news of her absence soon turned from a "few days" to a "few weeks", until finally, her agency officially admitted to having no idea to where the young women had gone.
It was a chilling shock.
How could a beautifully vibrant actress who seemed to have it all vanish without a trace?
No body was ever recovered. Nor did anybody report anything strange about Mia's behaviour in the days prior to her abrupt vanishing.
Multiple theories have been made, ranging from alien abduction to suicide and finally, to murder.
Was the young actress perhaps done in by a jealous co-worker? Past lover?
Nobody knows.
After a year of interrogating close friends, family, her agency and following dead trails, the police declared Mia's disappearance a cold case.

Now, Mia's agency (who have been wrought with public scrutiny and suspicion) grows desperate. In an attempt to avoid bankruptcy, their CEO has poured all their remaining funds into a new project, in the hopes that it will be a big enough success to adequately compensate for their lost revenue and talent.
The title of this new movie?
Monsters
Unseen
Rampage
Down
Every
Road.

CHARACTER ROLES
THE FOREIGN CELEBRTY: A shameless cash grab made by the agency, who hopes to bring in more views overseas by casting this star as a role in the new movie.

THE STARVING ARTIST: They ran away from a difficult home life to Los Angeles, pursuing their childhood dreams of fame. They've got a few meager credits under their belt, but are otherwise one financial disaster away from living on the streets. Before being cast, they mostly worked menial jobs to help pay the bills.

THE DIRECTOR: Born to a life of privilege, they have parents who are relatively well-known within the film industry. Fresh out of film school, they've basically had everything given to them on a silver platter. This is their first project directly linked with Hollywood.

THE MODEL: They debuted at age 14 and were basically a child star. They've worked with major fashion labels like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Tiffany & Co. and a variety of others. Having basically grown up under the spotlight, they were subjected to lots of harsh criticism. Netizens called them "untalented," and "undeserving" of the success they've received. They auditioned for a role on whim, as they harbour an intense desire to prove they are more than just a pretty face.

THE MUSICIAN: They have been tasked with providing all the songs and backtracks to the movie and were close friends with the Director, as they attended the same school (albeit for different majors). Unbeknownst to the Director, the Musician has a massive crush on them. However, their close friendship has kept them from speaking out about this. (For fear of being rejected, thus ruining their existing relationship).

THE DETECTIVE: The one who was heading the investigation for the disappearance of Mia McAllister. Frustrated by the lack of evidence available, they've been obsessively analyzing and re-analyzing seemingly trivial details. Much to the annoyance of the CEO of Mia's agency, they have been lurking around the office, continuing to observe despite the official decision to place Mia's case on hold. [TAKEN by butterfly aubade butterfly aubade ]

]RULES & INFORMATION[/RIGHT]
1. Post length may fluctuate, but with that being said anything below a paragraph is a definite no-go. In fact, paragraph responses are the bare minimum and I would highly encourage you to go for at least two or more.

2. This a crime-centered roleplay. Despite the seemingly innocent setting and slice-of-life nature of the characters, they will be exposed to some disturbing details later on. Do not join if you cannot handle violence, mentions of abuse, addiction, etc.

3. Please do not express interest in this roleplay then subsequently fall off the plane of existence. If you cannot commit, do not post. I will require a minimum of a post a week to keep this alive.

4. Creativity beyond the character skeletons is highly recommended, as I like giving my writers freedom to bring their own flavors into the group.

5. No, I have not yet decided on Mia's ultimate fate. It will be discussed as the plot progresses, but we will be starting at the first shooting for the movie. I plan for the cast to uncover clues one by one.

6. I am seeking a co-creator to help me manage the logistical elements to the roleplay. This includes helping me come up with more plot ideas, communicating with members in my absence, etc. If you are interested, please PM me for this specifically.

7. If there is enough interest, I will make some NPC's playable characters.​
[/div]

[/div]

I'mma be honest and say I'm still congratulating myself way too pleased about this title, lol. "Mia" also stands for "Missing In Action," because it seems acronyms are going to be the Thing.

okay this is amazing!! love the possibilities and intrigue..... just yes. definitely interested, particularly in the model!

i love this so much ??? i’m leaning towards the musician but i’m also eyeing the director possibly !

Sounds amazing!! Love plots with mysteries and adding celebrity stuff on top of that, this is great.
The Director and Starving Artist both sound great.

oml this sounds so cool and I would love to join !

I do have a question though: Are the roles gender-locked or are we free to choose whatever ? Bc I might have a character idea for the model 👀

great concept, lovely! interested in the model or the starving artist

oml this sounds so cool and I would love to join !

I do have a question though: Are the roles gender-locked or are we free to choose whatever ? Bc I might have a character idea for the model 👀

I've purposefully used they/them pronouns for the skeletons. So, no they aren't gender-locked. c:

Either the Foreign Actor or Starving Artist sound like fun! Though I was wondering if you were open to changing the details a little bit? I quite like the idea of a washed up celebrity, like a has-been who's desperate for the limelight again or just someone who's been hard pressed to find work because they got into a scandal or simply because they have a reputation for being unreliable.

Also, is there an age range for these characters?

a.coustic a.coustic
I can't really give a definite 'yes' or 'no' answer because it honestly depends. For instance, the Starving Artist could be in her financial depression because of scandal. (Which would also explain why she or he only has a few film credentials). I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you're allowed to add those details in addition to the skeleton. In the case of the Starving Artist, being a runaway and a fallen celebrity are not mutually exclusive. (I hope I'm expressing myself clearly?)

I also don't have a definite age range, but the movie they're shooting is probably aimed at a young adult demographic, so their ages would reflect that.

48 HOUR NOTICE :
As of posting this message, there is a little less than 48 hours before the deadline arrives for submitting the character sheets. (Friday, before midnight). Extensions are available to those who ask before the 24 hour mark approaches. If you will not be submitting a character sheet, please notify me of your decision to withdraw. Thank you.
[ tags ;; AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ShadyAce ShadyAce nymphadora. nymphadora. apolla apolla Elea Elea VALEN T. VALEN T. a.coustic a.coustic FreakOfLater FreakOfLater Physiicz Physiicz varda varda ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back