• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Tom walked into the laundry room, everything felt so right, so normal, he wasn't even aware of what came out of his mouth, "Jane, baby, I don't know where it is." He kept looking the walked into the garage.

Carl looked up with one eyebrow raised. He looked at Scarlet in confusion and then ran downstairs to find wherever Tom was, which happened to be in the garage. He looked at him but kept a smile on his face. ".. Daddy--.. Her name's Scarlet." He said matter-of-factly. (@Soul OMU)

Scarlet says nothing as she tenses up while trying to focus on something else, shaking her head a bit while taking the vacuum from Carl as he heads downstairs. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath while calming herself down mentally and gripping the vacuum hose tightly as she vacuums. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

Tom looked at Carl and blinked, "What... What did I say bud?" He was quiet now, he was holding the step stool in his hands as he looked at the adopted boy. He sighed a little, his knuckles were white, he was gripping the stool that hard.

He saw the nervousness in his face and went up and took the stool from his hand. He climbed up onto it so he could be closer up to Tom and then hugged him tight, the side of his face against his chest. ".. You called her Jane, but it's okay." He said softly. (@DrCompton)

Tom hugged Carl hard. He was sure the boy could feel Tom taking deep breaths trying to calm himself. "Take the... Take the stood to Scarlet, if you hear anything in here dont worry okay? Im just gonna... release some steam." Tom wasn't sad about Jane, he was angry. The anger he had felt when he murdered the three men that took everything from him was resurging. The anger he felt with each bandit he killed was close to coming out. It was something he wished the small, innocent boy before him never saw. Tom put his hands on Carl's shoulders. "Take the stool to Scarlet. I love you." He kissed the top of Carl's head and turned away.

Carl looked at his back for a moment and then sat down on the stool. He frowned a little and then took a deep breath. ".. Daddy--.." He called out quietly to him. He couldn't deny that he was the slightest bit scared of how Tom was acting, but he never backed away from people he cared about. He slowly rose up from the stool and walked over to Tom - he hugged the back of his legs and then sighed while he did so. ".. It's okay, daddy--.. everyone makes mistakes. I've had bad ones, and I got in trouble, but it was okay because everyone I loved helped me." A warm smile lit up his face for a moment while he squeezed Tom's legs tight. He pulled away after a moment and looked up at his back. ".. And I love you, so I can help you like you helped me." He smiled and then picked up the stool, followed by slowly turning around. He didn't want to walk out, and for some reason he felt like he couldn't leave, but he wasn't going to disobey Tom. He walked up and creaked the door open. (@DrCompton)

Scarlet cleaning, her mind had gone completely blank and she was on autopilot. She didn't know what hurt more the fact that she thought she could kid herself and pretend that never happen or the fact that he called her Jane whom she guessed was his wife. Her chest hurt slightly but she did what she did best, pushed away the painful feelings and put on a blank mask, she knew she should leave or confront Tom but she wasn't going to do either of those things because it wasn't her place and it wouldn't be fair to Carl. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

As Carl walked back to Scarlet, the duo could hear a crash, followed by another. Tom had lost it, and started to destroy the garage, throwing stuff around, clearing shelves and throwing whatever he could against the wall as hard as he could. At some point glass had been smashed against his hand, and he had cut his good hand badly, and was now bleeding all over the place, kicking the scatter trash on the floor.

Carl started crying as soon as he heard it. He instantly ran to Scarlet, feeling rather useless and panicked. He grabbed hold of her and clung to her to try and block out the noise that was being made. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

--

Eric was walking back with Jenna to the house so he could show her around a little and show her his totally awesome room. When they got close to the house they heard smashing and crashing within the garage. Eric stopped and looked at her. "What the hell is that?" He asked quietly. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

Scarlet stops vacuuming and holds Carl, while closing her eyes tightly. "It's Alright sugar.... Shh... It's okay..." She said as she rubbed his back gently.

--

Jenna shakes her head while looking around nervously, biting her lip a bit as she stood behind Eric. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

Tom sat down on a toolbox he thrown down, staring at his bleeding hand. "I know this feeling. I've been here before, but she was here. She was the one who held my hand when I got through it.. now its about her..." Tom wiped his hair back coating it, and his forehead and blood. "Fuck." He sighed and stood up. He walked back into the laundry room and saw a towel and grabbed it, and was able to hold his hand against it, so the blood would at least not get every where. He walked into the landing and looked up at Scarlet and Carl, "You made him cry, you monster." Tom felt his heart drop and his stomach lurch. He held it in and quickly ran up the stairs past the two into the master bedroom and into the master bath, he barelymade it to the toilet before losing his breakfast. He sat back against the wall and sighed, now both mentally and physically weak.

Eric had just walked in with Jenna when he saw Tom fly by. He quickly ran after him after he saw the blood and followed him up the stairs, stopping for a moment to observe the sobbing child with Scarlet. He felt his heart twist in his chest and something inside him just snapped. He'd sheltered the precious little chunk of life that had been served to him and now it had suddenly gone so wrong. He slowly walked into the bathroom after Tom and looked down at him, his face showing only devastation. He had hoped that Jenna had stayed with Scarlet and Carl. He just looked at Tom, but he felt his heart split in tow, and his facial expression showed that pain that had suddenly hit him.

".. Dad--..." He choked, his lower lip quivering. He almost struggled to say it. He hated seeing Tom like this - Was he losing him? (@Soul OMU)

Scarlet holding Carl gently as she rocks him with her gently, trying to calm him as Jenna comes into the room and looks at them, trying to figure out what just happened when she notices Scarlet's look and sighs softly. "Auntie..." she said softly while going over and hugging her and Carl. Scarlet shook lightly since she knew that Jenna knew that she was hurting by wasn't letting anyone know, she wasn't going to let her emotions out until she got home or got away from here. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

"Get out Eric." Tom stood and turned on the shower, and walk over to the bathroom door, closing it harshly in the boy's face, locking it. He undressed slowly, getting blood all over the floor and his clothes before getting into the shower. He turned it on to hot and sat down, he had to bite his hand hard to keep from sobbing loudly as he cried. The taste of blood filled his mouth from the cut and then ew bite marks he was creating.

Carl continued sobbing. No, he wasn't sobbing, he was almost screaming his cries. He was completely heart-broken. He promised to help him. He said he'd help him get better, but it didn't work. He couldn't help the man that meant so much to him, the man who took him in as his own and showered him with his love and affection, and mostly, the man who he called 'daddy'. He had no plans on stopping, and even though Scarlet was doing his best to comfort him by saying soothing words while rubbing his back, he wasn't stopping. It was too much to try and stop. (@Soul OMU)

--

"Not now, dad!" Eric cried out to him as he slammed a fist down on the door. ".. I'm not leaving you now!" He said, then he began sobbing himself. He pressed himself against the door and shouted out to him. ".. Do you remember the day you came into our lives?! How I was just a sobbing, useless sack of shit wasting away on a mattress on the floor?! Pushing away everyone I ever loved and cared for?! You pulled me out of that, and now, after all of that, you're not going to tell me to get out! You never gave up on me then, and I know you won't give up on me now! I've never given up on you! Not once! And I know you've never given up on me before, no matter what!" He slammed his fist down on the door again and then sat against it, covering his face with his hands. (@DrCompton)

Tom heard Eric crying out for him and hitting the door but made no effort to move. He stayed in the hot shower and started to wash his cut. It wasn't deep thank god, it wouldn't need stitches. Tom tuned out the brothers, anyone. He couldn't face them right now as he was fighting his own demons, so he continued to think of dismantling and reassembling an M16, then an M9, then a M249. The various guns he had used during his time as a soldier, it calmed him down as he wiped his body down, getting rid of the blood from his cut. He kept the shower on that way Eric wouldn't know he had stepped out and searched hte bathroom room. He was lucky when he found the first aid kit in the closet. He pulled it out and grabbed the rubbing alcohol bottle and set it down. He looked for something to bite on, and could only find a tampon that was unused. He sighed and put it in his mouth and unscrewed the bottle. With his injured arm, he was just barely able to tip the aclohol onto his cut, when the burning started he bit down hard on the tampon, through it almost, and cried out silently, dropping the bottle. In the firstaid kit was wrapping gauze which he wrapped up poorly himself, then wrapped it up with coban. He walked back to the shower and turned it off, standing in the steam filled bathroom.

As soon as the shower went off, Eric let out a loud and this time both heartbroken and anger-filled cry. "Dad! Open the fucking door!" He sobbed to him. He wasn't backing away from him now - he couldn't find it within himself to do that. He punched the door four times over, this time grazing all the skin from his knuckles and drawing blood - the pain shot through his body, but he didn't care. He didn't react to it - he just wanted to see Tom again. He waited for five seconds but then stood up and went and slammed the bedroom door shut - he walked over to the window and leaned against the frame, his head bowed while his sobbing and crying resumed. He felt heartbroken, just like Carl did, but he knew Carl was so much worse. (@Soul OMU)

Scarlet sighs softly as she turns away to leave. Jenna watching her and bites her lip, worried about everyone. Scarlet heads to their house and to her room to be alone. Jenna sighs softly as she glances at the two doors closed and heads out.

Tom walks out with his shorts on, but no shirt, he looks at Eric, "Come on." He leaves the room before Eric can do or say much, and goes to Carl's room and opens the door. He sees the small boy crying in his pillow. He sits down and waits for Eric to come into the room, his pulls Carl into a hug and squeezes him, kissing the top of his head.

Eric felt even worse. Tom didn't even go and hug him, didn't tell him he was sorry, didn't tell him that he hadn't given up on him. He wasn't couldn't bring himself to go into Carl's room - he didn't want to listen to his cries. Now it was his turn to lock himself away from everything else - he went and collapsed onto the bed in Tom's room and also put his face down in a pillow - his sobs were constant, but silent. His heart was aching, but his cries stayed quiet.

-

Carl hugged him tight and muffled his face in his side. He was coughing and gagging from where he was crying so much and had become breathless. ".. I didn't help you!" He cried loudly. "I didn't help you and I'm sorry! But now it don't matter 'cause you don't love me any more and you don't wanna' be my daddy because I didn't help you!" He added onto his previous cry and then gave up, his whole tiny body going limp.

(@DrCompton)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back