• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

"Come on Carl." He picked Carl up with a small grunt and carried him to the next room with Eric. He laid on the bed, holding Carl, then he moved his other arm and with some pain pulled the two brothers into a hug. "I love you two, so very much. I cant even begin to explain what you two mean to me now. I want you to know I will never leave you, ever. What happened today was.... unfortunate. I collapsed and blocked out the only people who could help me, and I regret that. I pushed you two away and made you feel terrible, its something I would never want to do to you, I was selfish. But I did not stop loving you two, Understand me? You two are my sons. I will protect you, and I will love you, until I die."

".. You didn't even give me the chance--.." Eric sobbed as he held him close and buried his face in 'his side' of Tom's chest. God, he felt like a kid again. ".. After everything I told you and came to you for, you didn't even give me a chance!" He repeated himself in another sob and then succumbed to his emotion. He burst out into tears, fully this time, and just held Tom as tight as he could. He wasn't trying to make him feel bad, but he was telling him how he felt - Betrayed.

".. We love you, too... Daddy..." Carl said in a quiet whimper. His worry about being abandoned was nonsense, but he was still pretty shaken up by everything that had happened. (@DrCompton)

"And I apologize for that Eric." He rubbed the teenager's back, "I had forgotten I could turn to you two... My mind went back to the days where I was alone, where I had no one. I'd forgotten about my two boys, who can help me through what Im facing now. I wont do that again, I promise I'll come to you twow hen I need you."

"You stupid, stupid man." Eric whimpered as he sat up and pulled him and Carl into an even tighter hug. He didn't say that in a spiteful tone, just more of a saddened and acknowledging one. ".. You'll never be alone, not until the day you die..." He sniffled. ".. I promise you that, you won't ever be alone, no matter where we are or what we're doing - we're here for you, because that's what a family does. They're there for each other, in the good times and the bad..." He let out a little sob and quickly wiped his eyes on Tom's shoulder. Carl climbed onto Tom's lap and hugged them both as tight as he could, like they were about to slip away from him. "You've always been there for us, when we were sick, when we were happy, sad, or plain angry... You've never given up on us, and we've never given up on you... Let's not change that now." He said, his voice being reduced to a whisper. (@DrCompton)

Tom smiled, "Now, you two aren't the only ones I have to apologize too." He untangled himself from the boys and stood, finding a shirt and putting it on, "I'll be right back okay? Eric, can you help Carl clean for Caitlyn's party tomorrow? I'll be back in a few minutes okay?" Tom slipped on his shoes and left, heading toward Scarlet and Jenna's house. He wasn't sure what he'd do yet. @Soul OMU @DrTrollinski

Eric hugged Carl tight and took a deep breath. He looked at Carl for a moment and then wiped the excess tears away from his eyes.

".. I'm sorry, Carl... I shouldn't have gotten upset like that..." He said, Carl shrugged and hugged him.

".. It's okay. I was upset, too, but we're happy now, right?"

"We sure are, bro. We sure are." He ruffled his hair and then stood up with him. "Okay, show me what you were cleaning." He said, Carl stopped and looked towards the window.

"I've gotta' say sorry to Scarlet for runnin' away from her..." He said, Eric sighed and went to the window and opened it up, he waited for Tom to walk by and then called out to him.

"Dad! Try and get them back around here, eh?! Carl needs to say something to Scarlet as well, and I need to talk to Jenna!" He called out. (@DrCompton)

(I hope you can see why Carl's theme song is so suitable now)

[media]

[/media]

Once they'd gathered up everything that was needed, Kendrick and Dominic helped James load everything into the station wagon - yeah, his 4x4's may have been in better condition, but they didn't offer quite as much space as the station wagons, and space was the most important thing to them right now. They could have taken both of the cars, but that wouldn't have been practical. Seeing as Conner, Dominic, and eventually Kendrick decided against taking the generator, that was the one thing that was left behind. Soon enough, they were on the road again.

".. On the road to Dakota." Kendrick smiled softly. ".. Any of you got any snacks back there?" He asked. (@Beowulf, @The J)

"Still got my brownie." he said reluctantly and held it up. It was one of those monsterously sized ones, and could be broken apart for everybody to have a bit. "But we had to have grabbed some other stuff, right?"

(@DrTrollinski )

Scarlet sitting in her room, brushing her hair slowly, lost in her own thoughts and memories before shaking her head and looking at her reflection. "No. Your not going to be that woman again.... You need to be strong for Jenna..." She said while wiping her eyes. Jenna currently cleaning out the spare rooms and closets. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

(Wait. Did Jenna go back to the house with Scarlet? @Soul OMU)

--

Daniel went into a bag that they'd stuffed with food and tore open a candy bar before passing it over to Kendrick. Kendrick took one hand away from the wheel to take hold of it, and then took a big bite into it with a wide smile on his face. ".. Thanks, little man." He said softly, his eyes going over the surrounding area. ".. Who wants to drive in, say... an hour or so?" He asked. Dominic didn't say anything. (@Beowulf, @The J)

(I'll wait for Doc for a while. If nothing else happens I'll try and do something, but I can't really reply to that right now unless Jenna and Eric meet again in some way @Soul OMU)

Tom knocked on the door to Scarlet and Jenna's house and bit the inside of his lip. He had hoped he hadn't ruined his chances with Scarlet by 1) calling her by his dead wife's name, and 2) having a complete break down and leaving his two adopted sons alone in her care. He frowned at the thought, and just waited, because it was all he could do.

Jenna blinks and looks at the door before heading over to it and opening it. "Oh... Hello..." She said softly while looking at him.

Scarlet running a hand through her hair and closes her eyes as more tears leak out, she bowed her head as she hugged her knees.

(@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

"Hey Jenna... Sorry... about all that." He frowned a little, "Is Scarlet around? I want to apologize to her.." Tom looked at Jenna and smiled a little, trying to lighten the mood, "If.. you want, uhhh Im sure Eric and Carl could use some help cleaning the house for the party? But its... up to you....Also any tips on winning your Aunt over after acting like a total idiot?"

"I'll drive." Connor said, speaking up quick so the other guy didn't have a chance. Heavan only knew where that guy would take them. When they picked his station wagon over the 4X4, Connor felt a small victory was gained then, didn't know why though.

(@DrTrollinski )

"Sounds like a fair deal to me." He said as he stooped down in his seat a little and continued driving onward. The day was clear and the sun was shining, but seeing as they were in a Northern state, it was still quite cold anyway. (@Beowulf)

Jenna looking at him as she tilts her chin up. "...I think it would be best if you just kept your distance City Slicker... You opened up some old wounds of hers with that... Especially since she really really likes you... I'm surprised she didn't leave after hearing your screw up.... But she stayed... And now she's got her mask on again after finally getting it off..." She said while narrowing her eyes a bit.

Scarlet hugging her knees as she shakes, remembering saying goodbye to her husband as he's shipped off to help in Iraq, and how she was only a few months away from giving birth. She bit her lip as she felt the tears start to fall faster as the memories of getting a soldier at her door telling her that her husband is dead then going into labor a few moments after just to find out her child had died already. She let out a horrid wail as she shook hard as more tears quickly fell down her face, she was so emotionally unstable as the gates broke in her and she smashed the mirror with her brush, not wanting to look at herself. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

"Look Jenna, the reason I called her Jane is because... That all felt right to me. Her teaching Carl how to vacuum? It felt like a real family, I just... Im not use to thinking of Jane as dead, I blocked it all down, submerged myself with the mindlessly task of killing people, it was tough. It wasn't until I found Carl and Eric that I was brought out of it. I like Scarlet, thats obvious as hell, and you know it. THe way I stumble over my words, or when I see her, how I kind of forget what the hell is going on around me? Let me talk to her, please?"

While Carl was busy doing a load of cleaning stuff, Eric was at the window and listening to the conversation, ever so discreetly. It wasn't sounding good so far. He decided that he'd go down and sit on the front porch of their house to wait and see if Jenna came over or not. He looked over at her from where he was sat and gave a gentle nod to greet her, followed by sighing and looking back to his front. (@Soul OMU)

Jenna narrows her eyes at him but stops when she hears the wail and breaking sound. "Auntie!" She said as she quickly rushed back in and upstairs to Scarlet's room. "Auntie... Please open up..."

Scarlet shaking and sobbing as she curls up tighter, sitting on her bed, has no plans to move.

Eric saw how panicked she looked when she ran back into the house. ".. Fuck..." He muttered quietly before springing up and following her inside, presumably alongside Tom - He didn't interrupt Jenna and Scarlet if they were going to talk, but he did go and stand behind Jenna just in case anything happened. He gulped, unsure of what to say. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

Tom went inside when Jenna, then looked back at Eric for a moment, then looked back at the door. "Scarlet, Its Tom... Open up, please? I uh, I need to apologize, for a lot of things, and I'd like to apologize to your face, not through a door." Tom looked at the two teenagers, and quietly spoke to them, "Go clean, I'll take care of your Aunt, make sure she doesn't do anything to hurt herself, okay Jenna?"

Jenna looks at him with narrowed eyes that show her distrust and unsureness of leaving him with her emotional unstable aunt. "....fine. But if you hurt anymore then she already is I am going to be so much more angry with you then I already am." She muttered before turning and stalking off.

Scarlet doesn't move, sobbing harder, hiding on the other side of her bed, shaking hard. (@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

Eric caught up with her and put a hand down on her shoulder. ".. Jenna--.. Wait..." He said, trying to make her slow down a little as they walked out of the house. ".. I know it's a stupid question, but--.. Are you okay?" He asked. (@Soul OMU)

Tom knocked again softly, "Red? Its just you and me.... Open up please? Im so sorry I called you her name... Its just..everything over there was so perfect. It felt like a real family. Thats what I want., I... I hope you want the same thing some day, but I want you, me, and Carl to be a family. For him to have a mom and a dad together." He sighed, then sat down against the door, "I know you probably hate me, but... Im here Scarlet, if you need me. I ain't leaving til you come out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back