• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

DrTrollinski

Don't let the name scare you.
December 27th, 2014, 8:03 AM.

Two days after Christmas was when things went crazy. It happened at the worst time. The worst possible time. The season where families are meant to spend time together, and it all went wrong. The timing was perfect, but no one expected it. No one wanted it. No one had predicted it. There was a mystery behind it, but what sort of mystery? Why did it even happen? What caused it to happen?

"We interrupt this current program for a Public Service Announcement." Were the first words people heard. They heard those words that were so monotone but felt so dreadful at the same time. That was only when it first begun. "The president has currently declared a state of emergency for the United States of America. An outbreak of a certain disease has been spreading through the states, and we are now in the situation of an epidemic. Do not make contact with those connected to the virus. Stay in your homes, lock your doors, and await further instructions." That was what the rest of the PSA stated. How many people followed the rules when they heard the screams? When they heard them they went to find out what was going on. How many people died? Oh, a modest number. Them and most of the world. Even you died when it started, you just don't know it yet.

After all. This is only The Beginning of the End. It's now New Year's Eve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beginning of The End is a post-apocalyptic RP that focuses on... Well... The whole of the USA! You're free to start at any state, any city, any town. It's entirely up to you, and of course, seeing as the RP is post-apocalypse, there's going to be numerous ways that I will be creating an interactive, story-building RP that eventually everyone can be part of - I'm not sure how long-lasting this RP will be, or even if it'll get off the ground, but I hope it'll go well, and most importantly, I hope we can have fun :)

Rules

1. You are allowed a maximum of three characters. You may kill any characters that you have and replace them with others, but we do not need more than three characters per person to avoid things getting flustered.

2. Swearing is tolerated, but don't use it excessively. This isn't a 1920's Mafia scenario.

3. When it comes to gore, you can be as excessive as you want, but you are not allowed the following

- Pictures that express the gore (Or give graphic, live examples.

- Sounds or audio files that express the gore/violence.

- Videos that express any gore or anything that may be deemed as shocking by some members.

4. No one is indestructible, and nor are our characters. Ask for permission of the RP'er if you wish to kill their character, but with that, you cannot RP to the extent where your character is a tank that doesn't get hurt.

5. No godmodding or anything like that. So that means no overpowered stuff. I don't want to see your characters doing backflip kicks and gliding from rooftops. That also means that you can't RP taking on a horde of fifty undead and walking out unscathed.

6. Sexual activity and so on is all allowed, but fade to black.

7. If you want to get accepted into the RP, type 'Morgan Freeman' into your application somewhere.

8. RP any major turn of events in the RP world (I'll mostly be the one causing the shots, such as drastic weather and situational changes, etc.)

9. Please let me know if you're going to be away for a period of time that will leave you hugely inactive on the RP/Will keep you away from the RP.

10. Use at least five lines when posting; when it comes to dialogue, it can be brought down to at least two.

Abide all RpN rules and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
((You may start in whatever state you please. I want some good story-building, everyone :) ))

Woodruff, Wisconsin.

New Year's Eve, 9:45pm

Alex, Eric, and Carl were sat at the kitchen table of their broken family home. Eric had his Western Guitar on his lap, whereas Alex had Carl on his. It was getting late, and they figured that Carl could have used a nap before the clock struck twelve to sign off the year of 2014. How depressing. This would be the first New Year they were spending without any of their family. Alex was just thankful that Eric's skill in guitar and singing had reached that of professional, so at least they wouldn't be being killed by a lack of good music.

Eric started strumming two simple chords, but in a way that made them sound so nice. The first chord was quickly built up into a higher volume for eight strikes, and the second one was a quick two strikes followed by going straight back to the first one but for a strum and hammer-on on the A and D string. It created something beautiful. It sounded just right, and for the first time ever, out of all the times Carl had watched him play guitar, he managed to take his eyes off the way he played - he loved detail so much, but this time he just lied against Alex's chest and shut his eyes while listening to him play - and eventually sing.

"I wanna' live... I wanna' give... I've been a miner for a heart of gold..." He sung softly, the tone of his voice slightly more high-pitched than usual. It was Neil Young's 'Heart of Gold' - A beautiful song, and one of the first that Eric had learned. "It's these expressions that I never give... That keep me searchin' for a heart of gol-ol-old... Keep me searchin' for a heart of gold... And I'm gettin' old..." He continued. It was so melodic and perfect - it may not have been the greatest of years, and life may have taken a big turn, but at least they had each other for moments like this. Eric began whistling to fill in for the harmonica that would usually play in the song here.

"I've been to Hollywood... I've been to Redwood... I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold! I've been in my mind, it's such a fine line... That keeps me searchin' for a heart of gol-ol-old... And I'm gettin' old..." He played the chords for a little while longer - Alex always knew that Eric preferred up to that part in the song. The rest took a turn and didn't sound quite as peaceful as the parts beforehand. He played a small riff and then gave one final, quiet strum which finished off the song. He smiled at Alex for a moment and then gently set the guitar down, followed by looking at Carl and sighing. ".. He looks tired." He said softly.

"He is... He hasn't been sleepin' well..." Alex said as he slowly rose up, lifting the sleeping Carl upright and setting his head on his shoulder. ".. I'll put him on the couch to nap for a while. He wanted to be up for New Year's, so he needs a little bit of rest beforehand." He stated, walking out of the room thereafter. The people who were alive were lucky to still have sewage works, power, and running water. But that was going to end very, very soon. Alex went in and laid Carl down on the couch, followed by covering him over with a blanket. Once that was done he returned to the kitchen to sit with Eric.

((Post away!)) 
(@Stew, @DryPunishment, @EmilyPower, @Stew, @Metronome, @Metropal, @DrCompton, @Roger Greyson)

The air inside was stale and stank of mold. Sasha suspected it had something to do with the lack of air conditioning. The bottling factory that he was taking refuge in probably hadn't seen fresh air in a couple years. Luckily for him, he didn't have anyone else around to make the already stuffy room stuffier. Plants like this practically ran themselves, which meant only a few workers were around to get bitten. They hadn't caused him much trouble. Sasha would come across the occasional stray, but it only gave him something to do every now and then. It was certainly more interesting than, say, leaning back in a desk chair, feet propped up, humming "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" as he whittled a piece of old wood. Compared to this level of boredom, fighting the hoards almost seemed fun.

Sasha looked his masterpiece over: yet another pointy stick to add to the pile. He tossed it across the office where an assortment of similarly pointy sticks was slowly accumulating. He stopped his humming as he pushed his chair back, setting his feet back on the ground and standing up to stretch. Maybe he should check the radio, to see how his farm friend was doing. After twisting his back and popping his neck, Sasha went to do just that.

He grabbed the radio off the desk and plopped down on the floor to turn it on. It fizzled to life with a little static, then cleared as he turned to the right channel. Sasha picked up the receiver and spoke into it.

"Hello? You, sir, are the lucky winner of our monthly survey. Just send go online to this address and you could win a new car," Sasha grinned as he spoke in his best telemarketer voice.

"Cut the shit, Sasha." The voice that responded back was snappy and a bit cranky. Sasha chuckled.

"Bad day in paradise, eh?" The Russian man leaned back against the desk.

"We're struggling here. The refugees are tense and the outsiders are making threats almost twice a week now. We need backup."

"I'm working on it. I'm held up in another city; it's a nightmare to travel through these places."

Sasha leaned over to his backpack and rifled around it until he found his pack of gun. He unwrapped a piece and popped it in his mouth.

"Besides, I'm only one man. I can only do so much."

"There has to be other people where you are. Most people come in groups, haven't you found one yet?"

Sasha shrugged, even though the man on the other end couldn't see it. "Not my style, I guess."

"These aren't the times to be worried about style, brother."

Sasha was about to respond when his radio gave a couple short beeps. He cursed and leaned forward to examine it.

"Shit. I'm running out of battery. I'll have to go out and find more." He picked the radio up. "I'll call back in when I've got them."

The man on the other end was hesitant, wondering if Sasha was just making excused to elude their conversation. "Be careful," He finally said before static retook his end of the line. Sasha turned the radio off and stared at it for a moment, then shoved it down into his bag. He groaned as he stood up, taking his backpack by the strap and slinging it over his shoulders. He didn't particularly look forward to facing the hoards again, but if he wanted to find that farm, he needed his radio to stay alive.

Sasha left the office and slunk through the plant until he reached the outside door. He cautiously pushed it open and walked out, the sun's harsh light making him squint. He probably should have gotten out more, but the streets were dangerous. He held his gun ready as he headed down the block to the nearest store, hoping that its shelves weren't picked clean.

Just outside of Tyler, Texas

New Year's Eve, 8:13 PM

Tommy was gunning down the interstate, Jane should have been next to him, with Carol asleep in the back seat, but she wasn't and Carol wasn't in the back seat either. He'd lost them both trying to get them some where safe. Instead, on the day the PSA came, they had left to go to her parent's ranch, he had stopped help a man outside of Dallas, and he returned Tommy's kindness, with his friends, by killing Carol and taking advantage of Jane over. and over. and over. Until they killed her too. Those animals made a mistake, they wanted to torture Tommy. Sick Bastards. They were new at this though, the plague had given them the freedom to fulfill their sick fantasies, but they had never done it before. They hadn't kept a human being tied up in their basement before. It was easy to escape they had left a screw driver to close. Tommy had cut up his wrists, but eventually he broke the rope, and then he waited. The man Tommy identified mentally as, "Fat Bob" came down along to give Tommy his breakfast, when he set the plate of grits down, with bits of hotdog in it, Tommy struck.

Tommy clamped his hand over Fat Bob's mouth and drove the screw driver into the man's left ear, and himself up so he was ontop of Fat Bob, feeling Bob twitch beneath him as his brain fired off its last signals. For good measure, Tommy twisted the screwdriver, and felt a final twitch. He pulled the screw driver out. Tommy knelt and looked over Fat Bob's person and found the 5-7 in his waist band. "Thank you Fat Bob." Tommy stood up and looked at the stairs, "Two left."

The next two were easier, they were enjoying breakfast. They must have assumed it was Bob coming back up the stairs because when Tommy stood in the door way, neither one made a move. He looked at the one who had stopped Tommy's car with his family in it, and aimed at his friend and squeezed the trigger. The man's head snapped back and the chair toppled over. Tommy walked slowly to the man's chair, pulled it up leaving the body on the floor and sat down. "Whats your name?"

"B-B-B-Bobby... Bobby Kennedy."

"Named after Robert Kennedy? The Senator?"

"I-I-I d-d-dont kn-know w-who th-th-t-that is..." Bobby stared at Tommy, "P-P-Please, sir"

"Shut up Bobby, you're not going talk your way out of murdering my baby girl, and raping my wife, and then murdering her. You're not a fucking politician, are you Bobby?" Bobby just shook his head, and Tommy continued to talk. "Go ahead and finish your breakfast." Bobby ate slowly, and Tommy pulled the magazine of the pistol out and looked at it, "18 shots left." He thought for a moment, then slide the magazine back into the pistol. Bobby stopped eating and looked at Tommy, and started to cry.

Tommy stood and kicked Bobby chair out, and shot him twice, once in each kneecap. Bobby fell to the floor and cried out, trying to drag himself away from Tommy who walked beside him as he crawled. "I tried to help you, how'd you repay me?" Bobby just cursed at Tommy as he continued to crawl and cry, "Thats right, you killed my family, made me do this to you. Pay backs a bitch, huh?" Tommy shot him twice in the head, then left the house.

"Why did I even come to freaking Minnesota?It's always so darn cold even for winter standards...why not get myself a cozy place in LA or something?Even freaking England's not even this cold.".This is Matty.He's been wandering around in Minnesota for some time now.

His actual plans were to get to Wisconsin and slowly make his way to the East Coast.After he got there?Well...he'll think that through when he gets there.

"And don't even get me started on the sports...oh goodness HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!! Every single freaking day...HOCKEY!

It's not enough that I have to put up with everyone making fun of my accent,but they were all pretty much forcing me to attend EVERY SINGLE tournament.Yeah...'friends'.All of them just wanted me to watch that stupid sport.So boring...at least this is more interesting"

After 10 more minutes of walking he came across a sign that read 'Welcome to Wisconsin'

"Well whoop-dee-fucking-whoo,I made it...".Matthew was happy.He made it to Wisconsin after 1 week of getting lost in the ever-so confusing Minnesota.He looked over to the general direction of where he last saw the "Welcome to Minnesota" sign and flipped the double-bird towards it.

Even in Minnesota he was living quite close to Wisconsin and was planning to visit the state,but the zombie outbreak screwed up his plans.Of course,eventually he was there and advancing towards a guy's home he met some time ago which he became best buddies with.He lived in Woodruff.

To his annoyance it was getting quite late and the new year caught him traveling.He found shelter in an abandoned house next to a gas station.

"Lucky me,from this it looks like both places are empty.Well hopefully there's still supplies."

He checked the house by looking inside it using the windows.

"Dead people...great.It looks like I'm gonna have some fun"

Matty forced open one window who seemed to be loose and climbed inside.He slowly approached the dead body and poked it with a frying pan he found lying around in the kitchen.Nothing.Matthew then decided that one is never too careful and stabbed the thing in the head.He checked inside every counter and found some tuna cans.

"Something's fishy."He also checked inside the fridge.To his surprise,the family didn't take so much stuff with them,that or daddy there on the ground threw a tantrum at mommy and accidentally bit her,resulting in the horrible mess that looks like a female body next to good old papa.

Matty grabbed some fresh bacon and eggs and fried them.

"Shouldn't be eating so much calories.I wonder if these people had a child...I have to find out don't I?"

He fetched himself a plate and went around the house looking for the probably young child judging by the appearance of da-da.

"Poor bastard was probably 1 or 2 years older than me....bummer."

He went upstairs and checked inside the rooms.After some time spent in the master bedroom looking for rags and whatnot he heard a faint cry.

"Tsk...You've got to be kidding me!"

Mr.Vaughan made his way to the other bedroom and saw the little baby place.He looked inside and saw a small little girl.

"Hello,little one...you just won yourself a way out of this house way earlier in life than you should have...Don't worry it's okay."

"Daddy? I had a nightmare,daddy"she said while half asleep

Matty comforted little Caitlyn as good as he could

"Shhh now sweetheart,it's allright,nightmares aren't real"

He lowered his head and kissed the girl on her forehead.

"Now...I'm gonna need you to go to sleep.I'm gonna go down and clean up the mess...and then I'll come back,okay?"

Matty carefully put her down in her small bed and hummed a song"

"Hmm-mmm hmmm...hush little loved,girl don't say a word...Daddy's gonna buy you the whole wide world"

"I love you,daddy."

Caitlyn fell asleep.Matthew went downstairs and dragged the bodies to the small restroom.He didn't have the energy to clean the blood so he just went with it and got back up to Caitlyn's room.

"I hope I know what I'm doing..." were his last words before he fell asleep right next to the girl's small bed.

Lufkin, Texas

New Year's Eve

8:01

Jared pops a shot into a zombie's head as they started to break in through the boarded windows,

"YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME?!" He screams at them,

"FINE THEN." He says sternly as he picks up a bottle filled with alcohol, he stuffs a rag into the end of it, flicks the bottle upside down to get some of the alcohol into the rag, he then lights the rag with some old matches he found and throws it towards the door and the windows. It causes a small explosion and a fireball shoots up towards the ceiling,

"Bad move." He says to himself as he gathers what supplies he has left and darts through the hallway of the house he was taking refugee in. He darts over to where the cellar was and gets in, he locks the door and sits against the wall,

"Crap, this was a bad idea, wasn't it, Jared?" He scorns himself, Jared sits for a couple of minutes before smoke starts to leak through the door. He shoots up and looks around the room, Jared notices one of the doors that leads outside of the cellar,

"Not today." He says as he tries to open it, it moves, but he can't open it completely. Jared raises his shotgun and pops a couple of rounds into the doors and shortly after him shooting it he hears a loud metal clinking sound outside. Jared pushes open the cellar doors and darts out into the fresh air, he coughs for a couple of seconds before looking back at the house.

He could practically smell the burning flesh from inside the house, most of the zombies trying to break in succeeded at their objective but were met with a terrible fate. A couple of burning corpses littered the ground around the house,

"Jesus Christ." He remarks to himself before turning and walking off, as he walks he thinks of where to head next,

"How about..... Houston? No, too many zombies, how about Midland? Nah, too far, Maybe.... Tyler? Yeah, why not?" Jared has a bad habit of talking to himself, but he doesn't have anyone to talk to.​

Woodruff, Wisconsin. 9:59pm

He sunk a fist into Eric's stomach and sent him down onto the grass with a grunt. "You stupid little bastard!" Alex yelled at him.

"Fuck you!" Eric choked as he stood up and speared his stomach, carrying him across the yard and slamming him into the side of the fence. "You're such an asshole, Alex! After everything, you say that! YOU SAY THAT!" He cried out as delivered a flimsy fist to his cheek; Alex grunted and sent a knee into his chest, followed by throwing him onto the ground and striking his arm until it was stinging and numb. Eric struggled and eventually managed to send the lower part of his leg up into Alex's groin. Ouch. Alex howled in agony and cupped his testicular region with both of his hands and rolled around on the grass for a while. Their relationship wasn't exactly stable, as you can see. There had been only one other fight between them that was like this.

"For Christ sakes... Look at us, Eric!"

"Shut the fuck up! Just shut up! I don't CARE, Alex..." He whimpered as tears began to pour down his cheeks. "I don't FUCKING care, alright?!" He exclaimed, sobbing as he rubbed his bruised body area and opposite arm. He hobbled off into the house and climbed his way up the stairs, followed by going into his room and collapsing onto the bed. Alex just laid down on the cool grass - he spat some blood off to the side, but generally just relaxed. The shirts came off whenever a fight happened, and after all of that, a bit of rest was nice - he was so happy that Carl didn't have to be in the middle of all that. He wasn't the first time, and thankfully he wasn't this time - if this kept happening, though... It was only going to be a matter of time before he saw his brothers for what they really are.

New Year's Eve :

10: 00pm

Elizabeth helped her brother lock the gate of the empty home they found while running away from a horde of zombies. The horde lost them but Brian and Elizabeth both needed rest and Elizabeth had promised Brian a nice New Year's Eve night and she didn't want to break any more more promises. Elizabeth could hear soft moans coming from another room and she decided to investigate. She saw a small, she entered the room and saw a small rotten girl. The girl saw her and tried to eat her but Elizabeth quickly got out her machete and killed it. Elizabeth returned with her brother.

"What happened? Did you find a monster?"

"Yeah but I killed it. "

"Your face has blood on it Lizzy"

"It's the monster's blood, go to sleep"

"I don't wanna sleep"

"We need to rest Brian"

"But what about New Years Eve?"

" You know there won't be cartoon specials or fireworks tonight"

"I wanna make the countdown! Please Lizzy!"

"Fine but I'm waking you up early tomorrow"

"Fine...."

Elizabeth took out a can of beans while Brian read a comic book, Brian looked at Elizabeth gun

"Are you going to teach me how to shoot?"

"No"

"But I want to! You said I need to stay safe!"

" Brian we had this conversation"

"I don't care! I want to shoot once!"

"Brian you are acting like a baby"

"Dad would say yes"

"Dad is dead. I'm in charge of you now"

Brian turned around when he heard Elizabeth bring up his dad's death

"Brian... I'm sorry"

"Don't talk to me"

11:42 PM last day of the year,Wisconsin

The little girl is sleeping.Matty hears some moans from outside.He got up and looked through the window.There were 10 walkers coming up to the front door.He takes Cait and comforts her and looks around for some warm clothes.

While looking for them Matty came across a picture of the family.There was Caitlyn and her parents and apparently her grandpa...or uncle.

"They seem so happy..."

He takes the picture and puts it in his bag."Making sure you never forget your real parents...I'm so sorry little one."

It's just now when Matthew realized the true nature of this outbreak.It isn't fun...it's heartbreaking when things like this happen.The fact that she will barely remember her parents in a few years and eventually forget them.But no...Matthew can't let that happen.She will remember them forever.

Realizing he's stalling Matty gets little Caitlyn's jacket,her shoes and her warm hat.She's probably 1 or 2 years old,she didn't have the opportunity to give him a speech so he could acknowledge her age.

"Guess I'll have to manage..."

He took some rags and made something that he could have on himself to carry Caitlyn around.

He went downstairs to the kitchen to look for more food.

"There's bound to be some more food for her at the gas station"

He turned the blender on to keep the walkers busy and used the back yard door,jumped the fence and sneaked across the street towards the gas station.

Matty looks in the store and finds himself a lane full of food.

He grabs as much as he can and makes while getting out of the gas station he saw the garage of the house he's just been in.

While Cait is still very much sleepy he takes back the route of the back yard and into the garage.A crimson sedan.

"I sure hope daddy refueled this beauty..."

Just as he opened the door a thought striked his mind.He didn't even know her parent's names.Matty went back in looking for IDs or pretty much anything he could use.

He found the mother's diary and the dad's wallet.

"Seems pretty fine to me...Jessica and Kurt Huffman.I sure hope your daughter is in the right hands guys..."

Matty fired up the engine,opened the garage door and went on his way to Woodruff.

Nearly In Tyler, Texas

New Year's Eve

11:45 PM

Jared walks through the streets with his shotgun as he glances around, he notices some guy walking around who wasn't a walker,

"Hey, you!" He calls out, holding his shotgun in such a manner as to not surprise or provoke the stranger to shoot or attack him.​

Skyler narrows her eyes as she walks along the empty, as far as she could tell, streets of Woodruff, Wisconsin. She pauses and closes her eyes, imagining the way the world used to be. You know... Before she went on tour to Afghanistan. Her stomach clenches as she remembers her family and her platoon. ' I hope they're okay...' She murmurs to herself. Her eyes finally open and she takes a look around, noticing a small house. She looks at the sky and notices that it's getting late. 'I should probably find somewhere to sleep...' She mutters, and shifts the backpack on her back, and holster on her hip. AS she walks closer to one of the homes, she hears the faint sound of music. The corners of her lips twitch downwards into a frown. It's as if her legs move on their own, as she finds herself walking towards the home, her mind flashing back to some of her tours where the guys would bring guitars and play them while the rest of the troops sang songs. "Hello?" She tentatively calls out. Just as she's about to call out something again she sees to guys fighting and screaming. She sees one of them head inside and she slowly walks over to the other one. "Hey, are you alright? Are you injured?" She asks softly.

Woodruff, Wisconsin - 10:06pm

Before she knew it she had the barrel of a fully-loaded M1911, painted out in a very patriotic style, aimed directly at her. Alex slowly rose to his feet and kept the gun aimed at her with a shaking hand; he looked no older than seventeen, and the one who entered the house seemed to be a fair bit younger. Alex ran his eyes across her in nervousness and gulped before slowly lowering the gun.

".. I'm fine." He choked in an upset whisper, some blood spread across his cheek. (@Aryn Harris)

Skyler slowly raises her hands. "I'm not going to hurts you I promise. How old are you anyways? And your friend?" She questions softly, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Do you guys have anyone else in your group?" She asks.

Tommy turned to the man who had called out to him in the night, he looked the man over quickly and placed his hand behind his back. Tommy was confident in his ability to pull the 5-7 out before the guy could bring up the shotgun. Tommy stopped and watched the man, he could have partners with him. "Hold it there pal, or my friend will shoot, dont test us on it unless you wanna have a hole in your head."

Jared scoffed with a look of Are you kidding? Across his face,

"Firstly, I wasn't going to shoot you, secondly, I don't see a friend. Oh wait, let me guess, they're a sniper who's hidden and can blow my head off at any second?" He says, followed by a friendly smirk.

".. He was my brother..." He said, gripping his side as he slowly rose to his feet. ".. He's fourteen..." He added, coughing for a moment while he looked off towards the house. ".. Our little brother's inside, too... He's five..." There was a brief pause. ".. You want to come inside...? It's freezing out here." He said to her, nodding towards the house. (@Aryn Harris)

Kill Him.

No. He hasn't threatened me.

So? Why give him the first chance.

Because we're better than that.

Tommy pulled his hand back around, "Ive got nothing, so there is no reason to shoot unless you wanna attract the infected." Tommy shrugged, "But hey, that'll be your problem cause I'll be dead. Whats your name, kid?"

Jared slings the shotgun across his back,

"Why does it matter?" He asks him as he takes out a water bottle and sips it,

"What's your name?" He asks as he slides the water bottle back into his pants pocket.

Skyler gives a small smile and nods her head. "Yes, thank you." She murmurs, shifting her backpack. She runs her fingers through her hair and takes a small step forward. "What's you're name?" She asks, attempting to make conversation with him. "I'm First Lieutenant Skyler Gavrilescu." She murmurs.

".. I'm oldest child Alex Cross..." He said, hobbling into the house and letting her in. He slammed the door shut after she entered and lead her into the kitchen where he pushed a seat from the table towards her and then took a seat himself. ".. I'm seventeen. I forgot to mention that part..." He said softly, glancing around. "What brings you up around this way? Born and raised, or travelling?" He asked her, sighing. (@Aryn Harris)

New York City 8:25 PM

Jason climbed to a rooftop of a high rise, watching the fires burn, he didn't feel depressed, or angry. He felt only a deep longing, for his sister, for the way things used to be. He ran to the edge and jumped to another building, the feeling of freedom he used to feel from these kinds of actions faded from his cold and broken heart. He turned his mind back to the mission at hand.

Food was running out, as was clean water and medicinal supplies, people would start dying soon, and Jason knew that he would blame himself; Jason was searching daily for a new source of supplies, the nearby Foodmaxx nearly empty, as was the costco and the winco nearby, all of which only supplying books, clothes, and rotting foods, he needed to find a new source of supplies, either that or leave New York, and the memory of his sister, behind forever. He jumped back and forth downwards against the walls of an alley next to the Foodmaxx, until he reached the ground. "whew..." he said, wiping his brow.

He snuck inside the store, careful not to alert the infected nearby (he didn't want to bring live cultures of the virus home on his clothes, or, heaven forbid, become infected himself). He scavenged any edible food he could find and stuffed them in his backpack, "apricots... eww... gotta take them anyway... Peaches.... Corn.... come on something sweet for Marissa..." (Marissa was Jason's girlfriend). Through his rummaging, he found a chocolate bar, seemingly in perfect condition. Seemingly in perfect condition, this seemed a miracle, even if it was only a candy bar, easily consumed, the fact that it was so uncommon now made it like mana from heaven.

On the way to the alley where he would find his way back to the roof, he saw an infected child, lying on the sidewalk. Pus was leaking from open wounds on the child's body, and the child looked like he was starving. Jason wished he could help, but this child was already dead... he just didn't know it yet, "nothing to do but keep on moving..." he muttered under his breath.

Skyler looks at the ground. "I live here. I had just gotten home from a long deployment to Afghanistan." She says, looking over at him. "Do you need me to help you look over your wounds?" She asks.

"No, no.. It's fine. It's not the first time me and my brother have fought like that. I'll be fine." He shrugged. Not long after he spoke, a very upset looking child walked into the kitchen, dressed in flannel PJ's while hugging a blanket in both arms - tears streamed down his face. (@Aryn Harris)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back