• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

"I'm James. What about you guys?" James said. he still didn't agree with going north. If anything, zombies up there would do better, because the cold would slow down all the microbes rotting them. But, well, they seemed to be set on it.

"But what I said earlier - it's really not that far to my base, we need to go there first. The cars are - no offence - in better shape than this one, and they're pretty efficient in terms of fuel. Not to mention all of the crap I've got stocked there."

James then addressed the hostile man.

"Yes, I know how to hunt in the wild. I've done it loads before the apocalypse, and I did try surviving near some woods for a while, before I had to move to find a better base and other supplies like medicine. And I have two cars because one's a spare, in case I total one, or one needs fixing and I need to leave urgently."

James once again decided to ignore the man's hostility. It wouldn't get him anywhere to respond to it.

"Alright, alright! Everyone just shut up!" Kendrick snarled. Great, now they've pissed off the strongest and most physically capable member in their group. Kendrick. A six-foot-one African American man with muscle like Muhammad Ali and a temper like Arnold Schwarzenegger - Dominic, Daniel, and Conner had rarely seen him get angry before, though, so this was obviously within good reason. "We're here now, and we're goin' fuckin' North! I don't give a shit how many god damn-fuckin' cars this guys got, but if it means supplies, we go for it! Hell, if we get jumped, then we'll kill every motherfucker there, but I am tired of listenin' to all of this bullshit!" He screamed, and then he fell silent and continued driving for a moment. Daniel clung to Dominic, and Dominic looked awkwardly between Conner and James. Wow.

".. You--.. okay now, Kendrick...?" Dominic muttered hesitantly, he sighed and nodded.

".. Direct the way. James." Kendrick murmured. (@The J, @Beowulf)

Ge cohldn't argue with the man's logic, but he still didn't trust him. "And you made your own shelter? Your own bow and arrows? No, you probably had camping equipment and a gun, as well as some of the few remaining bullets in this god forsaken world." He didn't give his name,

And hoped the others didn't say it either. A name you had to earn with him, Dominic and Kendrick should know that from their first encounter.

(right as I posted. Just ignore iit. @DrTrollinski @The J)

"West then North... Got it." Johnathan had no idea where that would lead to, but he trusted Mark. Johnathan observed the road until he hit a freeway that was, unbelievably, not filled with cars and corpses. After awhile of driving, Maria turned around in her seat and started to talk to Mark. "Is Cole okay?"

Mark had thrown the old diaper out of the window. It's not like it was hurting anyone if he did that, and they didn't want that in the car. Cole had stopped crying a little, but he was still going on quite a bit. Mark had just finished preparing a bottle of formula when Maria spoke to him; he nodded to her and picked the baby up in one arm, followed by shoving the teat of the bottle into his mouth - he instantly went silent and started drinking. He didn't like the cold formula, but he'd gotten used to it by now.

".. Yeah, he's fine... He was better off when we had access to the warm milk, but..." Mark shrugged and looked down at the infant as he drank from the bottle, he smiled a little and then looked back up at Maria. "He gets over it, as you can see... the main reason he was crying for you was because he needed a diaper change, but that's all sorted now." He smiled and then wrapped the infant up in the little blue blanket that he'd arrived with. (@AvidElmV2)

Maria smiled at Cole and turned Johnathan. "I'm glad we brought this kid along. I like him." Johnathan turned to her and scoffed. "You know, not just an hour ago, you asked me why I brought this kid with me. Now you instantly like him?" He turned his sight back to the road and swerved to the right to avoid a walker. "So Mark, what is this magical place that is 'further West, then North'?"

He smiled at Maria's words. ".. Some place that's not as busy. If we go to a place that's not as crowded as New York, you know, like a small town, or something like that, we should have less work cut out for us... That's what the dream was for someone I used to be with. You know, before--.. before he died, and all that." He sighed a little and looked out the window. ".. If we're going North, it's going to be cold regardless of the time of the year, so I recommend that we stop in a store somewhere to get some stuff in preparation - we might necessarily need it all, but it's better to be safe than sorry." He said. (@Soul OMU)

"Alright, turn right here. Now left. Left again. Keep going. Okay, into the alley here, we have to walk the rest."

James exited the car, and went about ten more metres into an alley before coming to an auto garage. "Over here. The supplies are all on the shop floor, we can just put them in the cars.

Raising the garage door revealed the small inside of the repairs shop. They could see two 4x4s, each with jerry cans and spare wheels strapped to the side, after James pulled off the tarpaulins and put them inside the cars. They were in surprisingly good condition, with not that much dirt on them. James had never washed them, it wasn't worth the water, but every now and then he would have gave them a wipe with an ancient cloth. He began grabbing the boxes of food, ammo, and other supplies and placing them in the expansive boots and the back seats of the cars.

"I've also got a small generator here, but it's heavy and big, so I'd need a hand strapping it the the top of one of the cars. D'you guys think it's worth keeping?"

Johnathan nodded. he gets off the freeway and starts to look for a clothing store .About an hour later, he saw a Citi-Trends. He drove up to the corner and got out. "You and Cole can stay in the car if you'd like. Me and Maria got this." Without waiting for an answer, he closed the door and walked into the Citi-Trends. Maria turned to Mark "I could stay out here with you if you'd like..."

(@Beowulf)

--

".. It'd be nice, yeah... I've got my hands full at the minute, so it'd be nice if I had someone here in case something happened." He replied with a simple shrug and smile. Cole had fallen asleep in his arms, but now Mark was just holding him close to ensure that he was kept warm. (@AvidElmV2)

DrTrollinski said:
He smiled at Maria's words. ".. Some place that's not as busy. If we go to a place that's not as crowded as New York, you know, like a small town, or something like that, we should have less work cut out for us... That's what the dream was for someone I used to be with. You know, before--.. before he died, and all that." He sighed a little and looked out the window. ".. If we're going North, it's going to be cold regardless of the time of the year, so I recommend that we stop in a store somewhere to get some stuff in preparation - we might necessarily need it all, but it's better to be safe than sorry." He said. (@Soul OMU)
Scarlet smiles a bit as she follows after him. "How about we go clean your house first alright?" She said while holding his hand.

"We don't need it. It needs gas that we have to go out and get and makes to much noise. Plus, it will only recharge some batteries, unless you got something hidden away in here." Connor said, bow strung and on his back with his bayonet in it's sheath on one side and a quiver full of arrows to balance it out.

(@DrTrollinski @The J )

"Okay." He walked with her to go back to his house and then looked around once they got inside. ".. What room are we gonna' clean first?" He asked as he looked up at her. (@Soul OMU)

--

"If it's not necessary, we leave it here." Dominic said. Daniel was in a world of his own and was merely looking around the garage that they'd come into. (@The J, @Beowulf)

Scarlet smiles a bit. "Well first we need the cleaning supplies, and then we can decide what room to clean first. I think we should do te unoccupied rooms first so they don't collect dust bunnies."

".. Okay. There's gotta' be cleaning supplies in the kitchen." He smiled at her and looked around. "We can clean the spare room upstairs - no one uses that bedroom yet." He said while looking around again. (@Soul OMU)

Johnathan went into the store alone. Once he walked the stench of decaying corpses threatened to suffocate him. He covered his noise and pulled out his magnum. He went through rack after rack of clothes. grabbing boxes of boots and fur coats. Once he got enough he nearly walked out of the store before he heard groaning behind him. He turned around and nearly dropped all the boxes. Behind him were three zombies. One of them was grotesque creature that look as if it had been turned inside out. He sniffed then air and then it's eyes locked onto Johnathan. "Oh... My....Jesus!!" Johnathan ran outside, and the dog-like monster followed.

----

Maria had kept the cars door open the whole time just in case Johnathan had to get in quick. When she saw Johnathan run out the store like he did, she had a confused look on her face. "Johnathan, whats wr-" Then she saw the 'thing' behind him. "Get in!" She moved over in her seat as Johnathan jumped into the car and threw all boxes into the back. He closed his door just as the monster jumped on it. He slammed his foot onto the gas and hoped that the creature wasn't to fast. Maria turned to look out the backseat window. She turned back to Johnathan. "What was that thing!?" She said. "I don't know!" Johnathan replied, his eyes glued onto the road. Maria turned around to see the monster slowly back up into the shadows, whimpering.

".. I've seen those before." Mark said suddenly, his face flushed of color. ".. They killed everyone I was with." He added - the baby was screaming again and he was shakily rocking him to try and calm him down. He didn't know what else he could say - his arms and legs trembled while he listened to the baby's cries and thought back to the fateful night when everyone he ever knew or cared for was torn to shreds. All except Cole. (@Soul OMU)

Scarlet starts looking for the cleaning supplies which she guesses are under the sink. "Well we need a vaccum, a bucket and mop, a rag and some windex.." She said while pulling some stuff out.

Johnathan gets back on the freeway, while Maria offers to hold Cole. "I don't wanna push the subject Mark, but is there anything we need to know about these things?"

".. Okay--.. You can show me what to do 'cause I've never done stuff like this before." He said softly, his hands linked up by his chest. (@Soul OMU)

--

Mark shakily handed the infant to Maria and set him down in her arms. ".. They don't like light. Anything bright, a flashlight, daylight... They can't stand it. They're nocturnal as well, from what I've gathered. They won't come out during the day, but--.. Jesus, I don't know... They'll tear you to pieces in seconds and it can take multiple shots to the head to finish one off." He sighed and took a deep breath as he leaned back in his seat. (@AvidElmV2)

Scarlet smiles and nods before ruffling his hair. "Sure thing Sweet heart." She said while standing up and starting to fill up a bucket full of water. "Think you can find me a vaccum bud?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Okay then. That's good. That's very good."Johnathan turned around to see how Mark was doing. "Hey Mark, how about you get some rest. It might take us awhile to get to where were going." He turned back to the road, having to weave through a car graveyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back