• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Johnathan reluctantly scanned the area for a car. Eventually he came across a pink minivan covered in bright yellow stars. He turned to Mark and hoped that he hadn't seen it. Even if it was the apocalypse, he would rather be dead then seen driving that thing.

".. The only car that's close is--.. that." His heart sunk when he saw it and pointed it out. ".. We could take what we have or backtrack and look for a car on the opposite side of the way back, but... I don't know... Your call. The sooner we get out of New York, the better." He said, sighing. (@AvidElmV2)

"Well..... Only the walkers will see us so, it couldn't hurt to drive it... Okay, so how are we gonna do this? You wanna just run up there and try to get inside of do you want me to provide cover fire for you while you try to get to it? Or vice versa?" Johnathan pulled his Winchester from behind his back.

"No. We both run over there and get in the car. It won't take long to do this, so don't worry... We'll be in and out in no time - they won't be able to break the windows that easily." He stated. "Ready?" He asked. (@AvidElmV2)

"Ready." Johnathan stood up and ran towards the car, with his shovel in hand. He hits any walker that gets close to him or Mark and when they get to the car, Johnathan tries to fend off the walkers while Mark does his car magic.

Mark pulled out his machete and used it to pull the ignition cover off; after that he went into the wires and fumbled around with them for a moment until he found the battery and starter wires. He carefully but quickly stripped the plastic after cutting them and then wrapped them around each other. He then stripped and connected the power wires together and took the two sets of wires in his hands. He pushed the wires together a few times, and soon the engine came on. He grinned and scrambled into the back, followed by rolling his window down and leaning out of it to strike some of the undead with the machete if needed. "Get in and drive, man!" He said. (@AvidElmV2)

Johnathan practically dived into the front seat. Once he got in he turned and smiled at Mark, but when he turned back around a walker jumped on him. He grabbed the walker by the head and started to bash it against the cars door. Soon enough the walkers skull cracked open and it went limp. He tossed it onto the ground and closed the door before slamming his foot down onto the gas pedal driving at high speed back to their apartment complex. "I hate this thing so much..."

Johnathan drives up to the apartments and jumps out of the car. He runs up the stairs and starts to bang on the door. "Maria, come on. Change of plans, were leaving now." Maria opened the door to show and screaming Cole. Maria was constantly singing lullabies that had no effect on him. Once she saw Mark, she immediately gave Cole back to him. She walked out of the apartment and ran down the stairs, muttering to her self. Johnathan followed Maria down stairs, leaving only Mark and Cole upstairs.

Mark took the infant in his arms and then strapped him into the carrier and put him over his back. He was still screaming in his ear, but he had to get moving. He got the carriage and pushed that down the stairs with him and shoved into the back of the minivan in the trunk; before he did this he got a bottle of water, some formula and a spoon, and a clean diaper and some wipes and once the trunk was closed he jumped into the backseat and got the baby in his arms again, gently rocking him. "Okay, go." He said to him over the baby's screaming. (@AvidElmV2)

Johnathan start to drive at a slow, steady pace. "So where are we going?" He turned a corner and starts to speed up a bit.

"I don't know... North?" He asked as he lied the baby down on the seat. The baby was in bad need of a diaper change and must have been hungry, so he rolled down a window a little to get rid of the smell and then began changing the diaper. "Like... Not North into New Hampshire, further West and then North, you know?" He said. (@AvidElmV2)

"I've been there." James said. "It's got a fair few zombies, more than are here - but, well, risk and reward, fewer people go there so there's more to find. Where I was staying before all of this, I had a garage with two four-by-fours, and a fair few jerry cans of fuel. I can fix cars, too, with the right equipment."

Tom stood and walked up to Chef, "Hey, Chef? Can I ask a favor?" Tom looked the man over, he still didn't trust the man who seemed to run a diner for no one until his group showed up.

".. Then North's a plan we're stickin' to. Any idea what state we're gonna' go to?" He asked, flooring the gas pedal a little more. (@Beowulf, @The J)

--

Chef slowly looked up at him and then smiled. ".. Of course, go ahead." He said to him. (@DrCompton)

"It's Caitlyn's" Tom paused, Damn he'd forgotten her age again. "Fifth? Fifth I think birthday tomorrow, I was wondering if you could make us a cake? I'll be throwing a small party for her tomorrow at our house. If you'd like to come, you'd be more than welcome." Tom smiled a little.

He smiled warmly at him. ".. Of course, a cake can be made for tomorrow morning, no problem. Is there anything else you'd like me to prepare for it?" He asked. (@DrCompton)

(@The J - You here?)

"If we're heading north might as well head into Canada, heard it was a nice enough place before the outbrake." Connor said. He had taken it upon himself to eyeball the stranger, and keep a firm hand on his bayonet just in case. They just picked a stranger up, and they are planning on where to go with him. He would've shoved the guy out of the car as soon as they were out of the city.

(@DrTrollinski.)

".. I don't know. We'll wait and see." Dominic said, Daniel pulled out an army surplus wool blanket from his backpack and then wrapped it around himself. Dominic smiled. "Did you pick that up at the store, son?" He asked.

"Uh-huh." He replied. "I got more for you guys, too." He smiled, Dominic ruffled his hair and nodded.

"That was thoughtful of you, well done." He said before pulling him close to his side. Dominic looked over at the stranger in the car for a moment and then looked away again. He didn't really know what he was going to say to him just yet - there was a severe awkward silence until Kendrick finally decided to break it.

".. We'll check a few different places. Like I said, I'd like to check out Dakota before anythin' else. It'll be cold up there, but we're ready for that. That place is crammed full of forests, so we can camp it out easily - if all else fails there, we'll be somewhat close to a city that we could retreat to." He said. (@Beowulf, @The J)

"Don't bother with Canada - the cold would make us need more food and blankets, and the snow would make it much harder to get around.

Dominic shrugged. ".. He's right. Plus, I don't think me and Kendrick know Canada. It'd be a safer bet to stick around in the USA and work with what we've got." He said with a sure nod. He then looked at James again and sighed. ".. I don't think we ever caught your name." He said. (@The J, @Beowulf)

"Just stick somewhere north. The cold will probably freeze those things. And we know how to hunt, unlike this guy. Tell me, are going to be another mouth to feed, or be of some use?" he asked the man, easing his bayonet out a little.

(@DrTrollinski @The J

"I can pull my weight, if that's what you mean. I've survived on my own for a while, so I know how to scavenge, hunt, et cetera. I'm also a good engineer - I can fix a car, generator, whatever you like. As I said, I also have two cars with a load of fuel and all of my supplies and ammo not far from here. Wherever we go, we should stop off there first. I can show you the way." James said, choosing to ignore the man obviously trying to act threatening.

"And no, don't stick north, I just said. The cold means you have to eat more, because your body needs to make more heat. If anything, hotter places will be better - the zombies decompose much faster in the heat. Plus, less need for supplies like blankets and extra clothes. A great place to go would be somewhere like florida - the fact it's a peninsula means that zombies don't spread to there as fast, because they only come from one direction, rather than all around. I'd have gone there already, but I couldn't set up a shelter quick enough on my own to survive a night away from my base."

That was a small lie. He'd also been nervous to try on his own, simply from the isolation.

(I think you missed my last post, @The J)

"Hell no." Kendrick said. "We just got all this winter shit - We're goin' North. There ain't gonna be squat up there - IF it fails up there, we come back, but we are goin' North. Not Florida, hell, I bet it's gone to shit down there, anyway..." He sighed a little and tapped his hands on the driver's wheel. ".. The Doc asked you what your name was as well, and I'll do the same. What's your name?" He asked. (@The J)

"You goin' to be in the wilds now, boy. Hunting out there and in a city are two different things. Bet you can't even tell trees apart. I've lived out in the woods since this all started, or near enough. I can take care of myself whem it gets cold and I've taught them how to as well. You, I've just met. And you claim to have two cars full of supplies. Now why do you have two when you can only drive one at a time? I don't trust you, let's get that out of the way right now, and I don't see that changin' anytime soon." He now had his hand firmly on his bayonet and was looking like he wanted to take it out and show the stranger a thing or two.

(@DrTrollinski @The J)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back