• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Teenage Drama

The fear coming off from Dexter shot through Jordan with such an intensity she stumbled backwards and fell on the floor. She gasped for air as tears rolled down her own cheeks. Confusion was in the back of her head, and she tried to pay more attention to that than the fear, but the panic was too strong for her to be able to focus. The block she had formed for thoughts seemed to come tumbling down and the thoughts from everyone in the room washed over her. It was unbearable for her, and she rested against a wall dizzily. "Dex, calm down! Please! What's wrong with you!?" She cried out weakly.

He was by his side in an instant. "Dexter! Hey, calm down!" Ryder's mind raced as he thought of anything he could do. He had just come out of a remedial healing and relaxation class; he could try to transfer some soothing energy to Dexter, but that required himself to be calm as well. Taking a deep breath, Ryder closed his eyes and slowed his breathing, getting his heart rate under control as he placed a hand on Dexter's chest. "Calm down," he repeated, this time keeping his voice soft and mellifluous. The energy flowed from his fingertips into the boy before him, hopefully giving the intended effect.

Rob turned to Jordan as she fell and he knelt beside her, "You okay?" He helped her up and supported her. He looked over at Ryder and Dexter. "I think we should go, whatever he is doing is hurting us all... I know you two are concerned for Dexter, but he clearly isnt in control of himself right now and being in this room isn't helping."

Jackie took her costume from Ryan. "Thanks," she said. She examined the fabric. Hey, it was soft. She held it up to herself. "It looks like it'll fit... How do I look?" she asked, turning. There was also a cap she placed on her fiery head jauntily. "Don't I look just grand?"

Ryder shot Rob an icy glare. "Like hell if I'm leaving him. You two can get out, if that's the mentality you're gonna keep." Without giving them a second glance, he turned back to Dexter, keeping the soothing energy flowing until he started to feel himself hitting his limits. "Come on," he muttered, urging Dexter to calm down.

"You look like a beautiful prince..if that makes sense" Ryan joked and laughed a little. "Hm I suppose I need to ask about this scene" Mr. G mumbled looking at a portion of the script. Ryan turned, "Which part?" Mr. G looked at Ryan, "Ah...a part". The teacher smiled while Ryan went to get his Romeo costume.

Jordan just shook her head confused and scared as she stood limp, supported by Rob, but a sudden determination went over her from Ryder, which was just enough for her to focus on Dexter's thoughts and block the rest. "Dex... You can control it, it doesn't control you. You can fight it..." She whispered just loud enough. She didn't know what it was, but he had a fear of it taking over him.

Rob opened his mouth to respond to Ryder, and then felt Jordan leave and go to his side. He frowned and just stood there, feeling useless as he watched the two try and help Dexter. He wasn't sure if he should stay, but he wouldn't leave Jordan in this kind of danger. So he stayed, watching the three.

"Thank you, thank you," Jackie replied, executing a sweeping bow. She wandered back to the desks with her script in hand, and sat down to go over it. Lots of innuendos. Hah. Freaking Shakespeare. She shook her head amusedly, and read on.

Charlotte approached the costume pile and grabbed the costume with her name on it. Charlotte put the costume on and looked at herself in the mirror. The costume was comfortable but she looked weird using medieval clothing. She took a script and started to read her parts

Ryder felt his energy escape him and fell back in his chair, cutting off the flow. Healing someone was draining, especially when the one healing was inexperienced and the one being healed wouldn't shut up. "It's up... to him now," Ryder managed, catching his breath.

As Miuna roamed the halls, she stumbled across the infirmary and couldn't help but notice a plethora of spirits flocking around someone inside. Opening the door a couple inches and slipping inside, she felt an intense pressure hit her. Yet, she remained standing and made her way towards the bed towards which Rob, Jordan, and Ryder were all facing. "Hey," she greeted, loud enough to be heard over Dexter's screaming. "I don't know if this helps your situation, but there are at least twenty spirits circling around Dex right now. They aren't nice, either. They're pretty mean."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob jumped at Miu's talking, he hadn't heard her come in. Then he looked at her, "Can you get rid of them?" He raised a brow, really hoping that she could fix all of this, "Because if you can. I'll buy you one of those cookie cakes from the mall."

Mr. G was walking around in a circle with his deep thinking facial expression while he waited for the other people. Ryan looked at Mr. G then raised an eyebrow. What was he thinking of? The teen walked over to the teacher, "Any chance you can resize my costume?" Once again, Mr. G rapidly took measurements and was able to adjust the costumes size. "Thank you sir" Ryan said still observing Mr. G's deep thought facial expression.

Miuna's eyes lit up at his offer. "I can," she informed him, "but I don't know if that'll get rid of the one in his mind. It's tearing him up inside." Without giving any further explanation, the girl closed her eyes and let her compulsion build up, rolling and compiling into a black haze around her body. When Miu opened her eyes again, the brown pigment of her irises had shifted to a glowing crimson with black streaks swimming around in them. She opened her mouth to speak, her voice was low and deadly. "Leave him alone. He's my friend. If you touch my friend, you will feel pain. Rotten scum. I hate you." Though the others couldn't see it, the terrified spirits shot away, fading through walls until none remained.

Jordan looked at Ryder sadly then at Dex, and closed her eyes tightly. She opened them quickly hearing Miu, and the thought of twenty evil spirits surrounding around them freaked her out. She was grateful Miu took Rob up on his offer, and watched as she used her power. It was actually quite frightening to see a girl like Miuna changing into someone that dark. Jordan blinked her eyes a couple times, then asked slightly desperate, "Are they gone..!? Did it work...?"

Dexter had regained consciousness but the feeling of getting ripped apart had subsided. He felt a hand on his chest and the sensation dulled. Finally his despaired screams were replaced with silent weeping. He placed his hand over his mouth to shield the majority of the noise, willing himself to stop, the overbearing fear still in place. "O-Oh..god..oh my..o-oh my god." he chanted in between breaths. He never thought he could experience something like this, ever. All of it was incredibly surreal; it was like the pain he felt wasn't actually his. He could barely hear the others' voices over the ringing in his head. Miuna walked in and had mentioned the spirits around him. He turned in her direction, still unable to stop weeping, his eyes drowned in tears. "Wh-What..? S-Spirits.." he mumbled before weeping violently again.

Marceline observed as the many spirits transferred their pain onto the boy. She was able take away the pain from others, but it had to go somewhere. She had learned to transfer said pain onto those in the realm of the dead and in the living. The spirits groaned and shouted in agony, their ghostly bodies radiating a deep red. She giggled deeply, seeing the expression and worry on everyone's faces. She giggled harder. She stood nearby in a corner, watching the events unfold. Miuna walked in, her energy color a bright purple compared to those currently in the room; theirs were light blue, almost white. She crossed her arms and leaned against the square pillar in the corner.

Mr. G picked up a marker and wrote a note on the board:

Please note that this is based on the movie from 1968 rather than the original play(So it's more modernized in a way).

Ryan read the board then looked over at the area the scripts were placed at. He didn't plan on picking one up yet.

Martin popped up in front of a random student named Marceline, "Hey go to room 310. You are now Lady Capulet". The teacher disappeared once again.

Miuna managed to regain control, turning her right eye back to normal. Her left eye, however, remained that hauntingly deep crimson. It had been hurting for a while from overuse, and it took a lot more effort to change it back. Leaving it as is was dangerous, as that would mean leaving her power unbalanced and unchecked, but she figured she had no choice. As she struggled, she noticed that the spirits were writhing in pain. That was odd. "They're gone. They won't be back anytime soon." Holding her hand over her left eye, Miu turned around and started to leave before collapsing into a chair, breathing heavily. The compulsion had taken a lot more effort than normal, most likely due to the number of spirits present.

When Dexter burst into tears, Ryder rushed forward, pulling the guy into his arms and patting his back. "Hey, hey, you're okay now. You're okay. Don't worry. Miu got rid of the spirits. There's nothing to worry about." If there was one thing Ryder wasn't good with, it was comforting people. Yet, he tried to his best to make Dexter stop crying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marceline furrowed her eyebrows, all of the spirits present vanishing with the assistance of the other girl. Standing up out of her position she stood at the right corner of the bed, staring at Miuna from across the room. She raised her head slightly, clearly intimidated by her power. She then gave a cheeky grin, passing through the bed and the others in the room. "See you around... Miuna." she said before walking out of the room, knowing that the only person who could notice her presence was her. As she walked through the door, her spirit form transformed into that of a human's sporting stylish clothing. She was stopped by a teacher who assigned her a role in the school play. She smiled back, but did not say anything until he left. "Then lets work."

tumblr_mvfoqvRwPx1qbyqwvo1_500.jpg

Miu watched as the spirit of a girl addressed her personally, something that happened everyday but seemed slightly different this time. She puzzled over it for a moment before realizing what it was that didn't feel right when she became tangible outside the infirmary. The girl wasn't dead. "She's so pretty," Miuna commented idly, watching her go. "I should talk to her sometime."

"Wait, I can't change into the costume with my arm like this," Alec protested. He was honestly just trying to get out of practicing for the play, but he would have a hard time changing. "Can I just practice without the costume today?"

"If you insist Alec" Mr. G said then turned around seeing Martin pop up. "I need to ask the principal something..tele-" Without needing Mr. G to complete his sentence, Martin poofed away with him to the principal's office. Was his question that important? Was there a scene in the play that required the approval of the principal? The school was used to fighting so what else was there to check on?

Jordan looked at Rob, and just shook her head dumbfounded. She looked at the time and knew that the play practice had started. She put her face in her hands as she tried to calm herself, then looked up at Miuna curiously, "Huh?" Finally the nurse came in, with a pained expression on her face then saw the scene before them with Dexter crying and Ryder comforting him, she stepped over and started taking Dexter's temp and checking up on him. Jordan felt the nurse's frustration go over her, and she frowned. It wasn't over the current situation, so what could it be? She willed herself to read the older lady's mind, and her eyes widened, glancing over at the ungifted man. "Um... Is everything going to be okay now? Dexter's okay?" Without waiting for an answer she nodded, "Good, okay. Rob?" She grabbed his arm and led him out of the infirmary, with a pained expression.

Ryan dismissed his thoughts since he wasn't fairly familiar with the story anyway. He leaned back and closed his eyes while he waited for Mr. G and/or the others to arrive. Suddenly, a thud sounded across the stage. Ryan opened his eyes to see Martin, "I apologize..anyway this is Juliet's bed. I shall be back with Mr. G in a moment". Martin disappeared once more. Ryan walked over to the bed and fell onto it, "I was going to take a nap anyway...".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back