• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Teenage Drama

Her eyes wide, Jackie nodded. "Yes. Definitely. Let's go!" They both started running towards the forest. No one else seemed to have heard anything, which was weird, but neither of them had the time to contemplate that. "Jordan and Rob... They said they're going for a walk outside. They might be in danger." She said to Alec as they ran to the edge of the forest.

"Hold on, let me take a quick look," Alec told her, holding up a hand. Jumping into the air, he shifted into a large Barn Owl. He circled above the forest, scanning the trees. He could hear faint footsteps, but was unable to see anyone. Swooping back down, he shifted into human form and stood next to Jackie. "I couldn't see anyone. But there's definitely some humans out there. Not sure if they're gifted or not."

Jackie stared at Alec. "That... was slightly trippy," she commented. "Could you hear anyone else? I can't imagine that we were the only two to hear that gunshot." They stood on the edge of the forest warily, their source of light being only the moon and a small orb of fire from Jackie.

"Some of the teachers talking about it, back at the dance." At her look of surprise, he shrugged. "I can hear better as an owl. Now, if we can pick up the trail, I can track them. A little more light from you could help too." He smoothly shifted into his wolf form. He was a large wolf, standing about 38 inches at the shoulder. He trotted into the forest, glancing back for Jackie. Reaching out with his mind, he said mentally, 'This is how I communicate in animal form. I can speak, but it's more difficult to understand .'

As she was making the orb bigger, Jackie felt a presence at her mind. She was about to slap up her barriers- she did have her basic training- when she heard Alec's voice. "Wait, what? This is you?" She said, looking at the large wolf in front of her. She cocked her head. "I seem to be understanding you fine," she said. "Your voice is a little distorted but it's not bad."

Alec nodded and added, 'I can only touch someone's mind in animal form. The loss of my physical voice seems to strengthen my mental voice.' Turning back to the forest, he caught a variety of scents. He didn't know which was the one he wanted yet, so he started deeper into the forest, careful not to leave Jackie too far behind. When another shot rang out, he spun around, ears forward and hackles raised. 'Could be students messing around with stuff from the shooting range. But the teachers would know if it was that,' he said, stepping in the direction of the sound.

Jackie jumped at the second gunshot. She followed after Alec, the orb of fire hanging low in between them. "I doubt it's students from here. Why would they come to the forest if we actually have a shooting range? I don't want to say it, but..." But before she could continue, her gut told her there was something very, very wrong. She stopped suddenly. "Alec! Stop!" She hissed. "I think we're being followed!"

Alec returned to her side, ears shoved forward. A moment later, he relaxed. Another wolf loped out of the brush. His fur gleamed blue-black in the moonlight and he was slightly smaller than Alec. 'It's Hara,' he told Jackie before stepping forward to meet his mentor. The black wolf disappeared and was replaced by the professor.

"Alec, Jackie. Get back to the school. We're rounding everyone up in case we need to defend ourselves," he said quickly.

"No, no, I have an idea. If they make it to the school, they'll find out for sure what it really is. And tell me the government and media won't descend on us then. But if we get the rest of the shapeshifters- older students only- and scare them off, they'll just think they were chased off by a pack of wolves. Not unusual to find them in this area," Alec explained, suddenly human again.

The professor paused, thinking it over, and then nodded. "I'll go get a few kids. Locate the humans, but don't get close. You hear me? Don't let them see you until I'm back. I'm trusting you here." The professor turned on his heel, a black wolf once more, and was gone. Alec turned back to Jackie with a nervous look on his face.

Charlotte ran down the stairs and saw the teachers asking everyone to stay inside. Charlotte transformed into a shadow again and ran outside the school, were she saw a couple of wolves staring at each other. Charlotte tough they were real wolves and tried to scare them off. Luckily they didn't see her and she was able to figure out they were students.

Ryder, who had skipped out on the dance, finally made an appearance when he heard the gunshots. After getting information from a teacher that was herding kids indoors, he made a break for the woods, his body morphing to the color of the trees around him. For a couple minutes, he didn't see anything; in the distance, however, he finally spotted a glowing orb and made his way to it, stealthily staying in shadows and keeping out of sight until he was sure that they were students. He hadn't met them before, though he had seen Miuna talking to them earlier. "Hey," he hissed, changing his skin back a bit so they knew who he was. "Found the thugs yet?"

At the infirmary, the nurse left Miuna in a bed, figuring she was just sleeping from exhaustion. Even though she had used up the entirety of her energy a couple hours earlier, she didn't need much sleep to replenish it. Blinking her eyes open, Miu took note of her surroundings and decided to leave, ripping out the IV and getting to her feet. She was still in her dress, but since it was fairly easy to move around in, she didn't mind. "Bye," she waved to the nurse, who gave her an incredulous look and tried to get her to stay. Miu shook her head and slipped out, making her way back to the dorm with the intention of talking with her new friends. However, that was soon shattered when Yuki filled her in on the situation. "Ungifted, armed intruders? What should I do?"

A professor who overheard Miu's part of the conversation quickly rushed over to her. "Miuna, I know this is asking too much of you, but would you mind having your spirits assess the situation for us? We can't get close without then spotting us."

Miuna nodded and the professor thanked her and ran away, talking frantically into his phone. "Come on, Yuki. Let's say hi." Holding the spirit's hand, Miu skipped into the woods in search of the intruders.

Alec had known the student was approaching; he had been able to pick up the scent. He was back in his wolf form, sitting several yards from a path. The thugs were on that path about an eighth of a mile away and Alec was listening to them. Reaching out towards the other student's mind, he said, 'Shh! They'll hear. Professor Hara will be here with the other shapeshifters soon. We're gonna scare them off.' With a glance at Jackie, he added to both of them, 'Stay here and stay quiet. Keep a look out in case any slip through.' He trotted forward and disappeared. Seconds later, a howl rang out across the forest. If Alec had been in a real pack, the howl would've warned nursing she-wolves away and called the rest of the wolves to a hunt. Whenever Alec ran with other wolves, whether shifters or not, that was when he felt closest to the true animal, when his humanity seemed to morph into something more ancient, more powerful.

Another howl answered his. It was Hara, with half a dozen other wolves with him. Alec circled around the intruders and let out another howl, telling Hara where he was and what he was doing. He could smell the fear of the ungifted now, and he could only hope none slipped past the wolves to where Jackie and the other student were hidden.

Ryder circled a thirty meter radius around the group, keeping a lookout in case any of the men slipped away. So far, they were still clumped together in the middle of the ring, but that could change quickly. Ryder changed his own weight so it was about as heavy as a cookie and climbed up into the trees, hopping around to get a view from above. Who the hell were these jerks, barging in on their school on the night of the dance? They couldn't have waited until the next day? Ryder shook his head in disgust and kept his eyes peeled.

Charlotte could hear the voices from the other wolf entering her head. Charlotte thought it was a good idea for now. Since the intruders would get scared they would probably go away but they knew where the school was located and could send more people, Charlotte ignored the warnings and entered the woods. Looking for the intruders, the intruders were afraid but they didn't stop shooting. Charlotte was ready to attack until she heard the intruders talking and she decided to hear. If it was something important it was better to be known

Ryan just kept dreaming until he woke up to the loud voices in the hallway. He lifted his head from his pillow and opened his eyes, "Seth what is going on?" No response was given. Ryan turned to see that Seth hadn't returned yet. He sat himself up on his bed and used his enhanced hearing to collect info from the people's voices in the halls. "A BEAR!" "Shut up man" "Carrots, cabbage" Ryan furrowed his brows. Was this all that people were talking about? He continued to search around with his hearing. "Martin stop taking my stuff!" "I knew it. Humans are here" "Professor may I have a word with you?" "Edward, Martin, search for the students that are fighting" Ryan raised an eyebrow and stood up from his bed stretching. Using his speed, he changed out of his sleepwear and into a casual outfit in a second, "Why does this need to happen now?" Ryan fixed his hair a bit then sped into the forest within the next second.

"Look, Yuki. There's a man heading this way. I don't think he's a student. What about you?" Miuna looked over to her spirit friend, who was frantically trying to pull her into hiding. Miu was having none of it. "What's your name?" she called to the man dressed all in black. He was armed with an intimidating assault rifle and a pair of brass knuckles, but that didn't faze the teen. "I'm Miuna, but my friends call me Miu." The man kept coming closer, ignoring her words. "Oh, I might have a cookie with me." She rummaged through her satchel, but only found a Jolly Rancher. "Is this okay? If you come to my room, I can make us a cake." The man was now less than ten meters away. Suddenly, the sound of someone running towards her from behind grasped her attention. "Ryan," she greeted, her voice soft. "Nice timing. Wanna join us?"

Alec growled in frustration. More students were arriving and complicating matters. However, he had to focus on the main group. As Hara arrived, he let out a short series of barks and growls, communicating the situation without words. Together, Hara and Alec advanced towards the clearing as the other wolves encircled the area, letting out occasional howls. The two wolves, one silver and one black, sprang into the clearing, growling aggressively. Wolves were protected in this area, and hopefully it would keep the men from shooting.

As Dexter stepped outside, he walked by Miuna who didn't say anything to him when he passed by her. Curious he focused his will onto her and felt an overwhelming darkness hang over him. Quickly withdrawing from her, he now remembered why he made it a habit to not be around her for too long when she got like that. He didn't see Alec when he went to the party. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, minus the intimidated looks from those who knew who he was. The music was loud enough to nullify the emotions that the other students had, even the bad ones. Dexter beforehand knew that listening to music was the best way to block out the emotions of others, so that what he was feeling while listening to the music could cancel out any interference. The party got too crowded for him and he decided to leave so that he could find better circumstances to introduce himself to the others. While he was out he went right outside of the dorms to think when he heard the sudden gunshots. Using his power he didn't sense any pain from anyone in particular, but he did feel the fluctuations of panic in the area. He peeked inside the dorms to see if he could find a familiar face. He saw Ryan as he heading out.

"Why is that I'm the only one left out situations like this?" He asked him, not expecting him to answer. The staff usually had Dexter handy when he needed to help diffuse any dangerous situations like this.

Charlotte walked closer to the men to hear their conversation. Trying to not make any noise and raise suspicion.

" I'm not going to wait to get killed by a pack of wolves, I'm going back to the city"

" No one is going to wait any more time. Should we call the helicopters?"

" That is not a bad idea"

Charlotte was about to take their guns when her phone rang. Charlotte took out her phone and turned it off before the men could hear anything else. The men heard the phone and started to shoot inside the woods

Jackie was crouched down, her fire extinguished. Wolf howls surrounded her. She knew they were just shifters, and she knew Alec was one of them, but she couldn't help it if the howls set her on edge. She could feel her fire sparking at her fingertips, ready to flame at a moment's notice. She looked at the other girl, one she didn't know. She was getting tired and cramped, and she wanted to do something- she was far from powerless. The only thing holding her back was that she knew she could lose control in a state like this. She didn't want to start a forest fire, at least not until she had permission.

Ryan stepped in between Miu and the man, "Hello! How've you been sir! Don't mind us. We're just teenagers walking around in the forest getting into trouble". He wouldn't attack unless he was attacked first. Ryan decided to play the cards carefully.

Alec snarled as he heard a bark of pain from one of the other wolves. Springing forward, he knocked the man with a cell phone in his hand off balance, sending the phone spinning off into the forest. He couldn't let them call in any more men, let alone a helicopter. He quickly sprang back, and he and Hara retreated to the edge of the woods. Turning, they ran far enough into the brush to avoid the bullets. The group had recovered from Alec's brief attack and now a spray of bullets thudded into the ground behind the pair. However, they still growled, and the men could hear the rest of the pack around them.

Miuna nodded and stepped up so she was next to Ryan. She wasn't incapable of fighting if it came down to that. "That's right! We're here to have fun in the darkness of the forest because we're rebels," Miu played along, popping the hard candy in her mouth since he didn't accept her offer.

The man still eyed the two of them warily, but lowered his cocked gun. "Get lost, kids. It's dangerous here." He fired a warning shot at the ground, eliciting a squeal from Yuki.

"Why are you scared, Yuki? You're already dead. That's horrible." Once Miu started talking to herself, the man was set on edge again and he trained the gun on the two of them. At that moment, however, a cacophony of gunfire rang out from the other side of the woods. "I hope everyone's okay," Miuna stressed, clasping her hands together.

Ryan responded, "She has a third eye...sixth sense. Have you never heard of that? You know, the people who can see dead people?" He raised an eyebrow waiting for the man's response.

The man spat at the ground in front of their feet. "Yeah, right. I've heard of people with powers, but none of them could see dead people. She's probably just off her rocker." He shot another warning shot, just barely missing Ryan's leg. "I'm not gonna tell you again. Get lost. I don't have time to waste on you."

Miuna eyes widened at his comment, forcing her out of her friendly facade as she stepped closer. "I'm not crazy. I'm not. You're mean." She raised her hand to use some dark energy on him, but Yuki grabbed her wrist, stopping her. The man didn't know that he had stumbled across a gifted school yet. Maybe the others were taking a reveal-nothing approach to the situation.

Ryder shot towards the men, evolving into a four-legged creature that wasn't exactly human nor wolf. Attacking a man, he knocked the gun out of his hand and bashed his head into the ground, knocking him unconscious. Once the man was down, Ryder sprinted towards the wolves, trying to communicate. 'There are a bunch escaping towards the school,' he thought, hoping they could read his mind.

Gunshots tore through the air, and Jackie couldn't stay still any longer. She could hear the wolf pack snarling, but the men were close enough that she could hear the sound of them trudging through the brush. She crouched and stepped backwards, keeping an eye out for any lights. Then, suddenly, her arm was jerked back. She whipped around, and bit back a scream. It was one of them, she was sure, and he had a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back