• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Gangland 2025

"Yeah... That'd be nice." He smiled warmly as he sat up and leaned on Johnathan's shoulder while he hopped out of the tub and ran over to grab a towel from the radiator, instantly wrapping it around himself and going back to stand beside Johnathan on the heated floor. ".. Can you read me a story?" He asked. (@Axel1313)

"Just tell me which one you want me to read and I'll do it." He smiled. "And hopefully I won't put myself to sleep in the process. I tend to do that a lot when reading to my girls."(@DrTrollinski )

He was busy getting himself changed into his PJ's when Johnathan was talking about reading the story and talking about his own children. As he slipped on his PJ pants he heard about Johnathan's daughters and instantly looked surprised.

".. You've got kids, too?" He asked, smiling. (@Axel1313)

"You look so surprised." He laughed. John couldn't blame him though, he was still a pretty young looking guy. "I do, they're only three years old." (@DrTrollinski )

".. Aw..." He smiled as he slipped his pajama shirt on and then looked up at him. ".. Are they at home?" He asked as he brushed some of his hair aside with his hand. (@Axel1313)

"Nah. They're with their mom in France right now." A sad sigh escaped. "She took them with her so I wouldn't have to worry about taking care of them while busy with work and everything else."(@DrTrollinski )

"Oh," He took him by the hand and walked him through to his room and to his bed. He climbed up into it and lied down on the pillow, waiting to be tucked in. ".. Are they comin' back?" He asked. (@Axel1313)

"Yeah, I don't know when, but they are eventually coming back." He explained as he tucked him in. "I'm sure as long as I keep busy it will seem like they weren't gone for long at all." (@DrTrollinski )

"You should ask my dad... He'll help you." He gave a simple-minded smile before he pointed over to the bookcase. "You can read one'a those books on there." He added. (@Axel1313)

"I'm sure he will as soon as I ask him." He smiled and headed over to the bookcase. "Any stories you want me to read to you tonight? As long as it's not in a different language I should be good."(@DrTrollinski )

"Just pick any one. I don't mind." He smiled and rolled into his side while tightly hugging his teddy bear; he reached out and flicked his nightlight on and then watched Johnathan. "I bet you're a good dad." He smiled warmly. (@Axel1313)

"Alright." He laughed. Scanning through the various books before deciding on Corduroy. It was probably a little too simple of a book for him, but it was a good one anyway. "Thanks, I haven't really gotten a lot of time with my girls, but have been told that at lot." (@DrTrollinski )

"It's okay. When they get here, you can be with 'em all the time." He smiled and looked up at him with tired eyes while he approached with the book. (@Axel1313)

"I definitely plan on that. Maybe I'll even bring them over to play with you boys whenever my girlfriend lets me." He winked at him and sat down to read to him. Hopefully he wouldn't fall asleep during this, but there was not much he could do to stop it.(@DrTrollinski )

George smiled while listening to him read. It was nice to have a different voice doing it this time. Hell, it was nice to actually HAVE this happen - half the time, his own father never had time for something like this, so this really helped him out. Within ten minutes he was fast asleep. (@Axel1313 - last post tonight. Night.)

Thank goodness George fell asleep quickly. That saved Johnathan from falling asleep himself. "Sweet dreams George." He carefully pulled the covers up over the boy's shoulders before heading back downstairs to clean up the kitchen. He was in a very lighthearted and happy mood now. Reading to George before bed reminded him so much of doing that for his girls, dulling the pain of them being so far away.(@DrTrollinski ~ Okay. Noapte Buna)

Joseph soon joined him down in the kitchen after a few minutes and leaned against the frame of the archway while looking in at him, sighing a little.

"Johnathan , non hai mai detto nulla di avere figli." He said, but then, he presumably would have seen the clueless look on Johnathan's face. The words rolled off the tongue quite nicely, though - they had a nice ring to them. Joseph shook his head and rubbed his forehead. ".. Sorry--.. I do that sometimes... What I said, was that you never said anything about having kids, and all that... I heard you talking to George in the bathroom, and... Yeah." He said, shrugging. ".. If you were working, why didn't they just move state? Why all the way to France?" He asked while scratching the back of his head. (@Axel1313)

As expected as soon as Joseph began speaking Italian he was clueless. Thank goodness he caught himself doing it and translated it for him. "Moving state would have been nice, but she wanted some help with the babies and the only family she has is in France. I don't have any family nearby either, so it left us with that as the only choice." (@DrTrollinski )

".. Fair enough, I guess." Joseph sighed a little and sat at the table. ".. Johnathan... When you next see my dad--.. Could you--.. Could you ask him to read to George every night? I mean, it doesn't work when I do it, and George likes having it, it's just that... You know, dad doesn't really do it that much." He said to him, giving a half frown and smile. (@Axel1313)

"I can tell him, but no guarantees that he will be able to do it." He looked at him with a crooked little smile. "I mean, it can't be that he doesn't want to. It's just the fact that he's such a busy man. Don't know if he'll really have the time for it."(@DrTrollinski )

".. It only takes five minutes..." Joseph muttered, a little sadly this time. "It wouldn't kill him to give a few minutes to make George happy, would it?" He asked. (@Axel1313)

"I can tell you personally that sometimes you don't even have five minutes to spare...." He shrugged. "It's not fair, but it's just the way things are. Your dad is only busy because he loves and cares for you and only wants the best for you too."(@DrTrollinski )

".. But--.." He looked a little upset. ".. Work's gonna' be there forever. Kids won't be... They change, but work doesn't." He sighed and slowly stood up from the kitchen table, turning to go and walk down the hallway. ".. I'm gonna' go take a shower..." He mumbled, his voice still sounding a bit saddened. (@Axel1313)

"Believe me, I know. He's trying his hardest to find time for you boys though. I swear he is." He gave him a reassuring smile, trying to brighten his mood in any way. "You just gotta be patient."(@DrTrollinski )

"Yeah, okay." He gave a little sigh. ".. I'll be back down soon." He said, wandering up the stairs and to the bathroom. He knew his dad loved him, that much was obvious - He just wanted him to do more stuff with him and George, that was all. Even swimming in the pool with them for ten minutes would be better than nothing, especially if he wasn't doing anything during the day. He went upstairs, grabbed some PJ's from his room, and then went and hopped into the shower, leaving Johnathan to finish cleaning the kitchen. (@Axel1313)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back