• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Journey's (2024): Kanto/Johto [RP]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

JCKane

Blessed
Welcome to the world of Pokemon, where adventures and fun awaits you around every corner. Here in the regions of Kanto and Johto, a single league is shared, this is the Indigo League. Trainers from all over come to this league to collect badges from the two region in order to compete in the Pokemon League Tournament, who's winner gains the right to face the Elite Four. However, there are dark times ahead as an old organization returns from the shadows.

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death Pumpkid Pumpkid

The day started like any other, as one redhead teen got up and went along her day. Grabbing breakfast scrambles from the fridge she dropped them down twice in the toaster, a bit of coffee more so for the taste as she hadn't noticed it help her wake up. Once that was all finished she headed to get the mail. When she opened the mailbox, everything changed and immediately two things stood out to her. One was a letter addressed to her, though being the only resident of the house it only made sense. The other was a single red and white ball, a Pokeball. JC quickly scooped up these items as she headed back inside. She read the letter and her excitement only grew. Finally! She said allowed. The letter finally allowed her to go on a journey to take on the Pokemon league. Inside the Pokeball was her first Pokemon.

So JC took a little longer as she got dressed and packed up a few supplies. She wore a red hoodie over a black sports bra with a pair of navy blue jeans and black shoes. She then introduced herself to her new Pokemon, a blue turtle-like Pokemon called a Squirtle. JC was ecstatic for her new friend as the two set out on an adventure. Her first thought was the Pokemon gym there in Viridian, but as ever the gym was once again closed, having had few leaders last long there before moving on. JC sighed to herself but it wasn't an issue. So she pressed on, deciding to go to Pewter City, as it had the next closest badge. Sadly for her, she went the wrong way and found herself on route 22 instead of route 2. But it wasn't all bad as she managed to catch herself a Nidoran male to add to her team. She returned to Viridian before checking her town map she had to make sure she went the right way this time as she headed north to Route 2 then Viridian Forest.

Unfortunately for her, her Town Map didn't include a map of the Forest itself, just how the different locations connected to others. So she quickly found herself getting lost as she stumbled around. It was maybe a few hours of being lost before she finally threw her hands up and sighed as she just leaned slightly on a tree trying to figure out her next move.

Blade22 Blade22 Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

The magnet train came to a stop in GoldenRod City as an Asian teen got off. There was a slight rush on her features as she did her best to get out of there. She had no idea if they'd followed her. They could be anywhere. But that didn't matter. She had to get away first. The teen made her way out of the train station and headed north, not bothering to stop at the National Park as she didn't have time for that, she needed to get as far away from there as possible. She continued forward before eventually she found herself in Violet City. She finally walked forward before taking a seat on a random bench. The panic in her mind swirled around and around before slowly it began to fade. She was far enough away for now, they wouldn't know which way she left after that, right?

These thoughts swirled in her head amount others. What they wanted... the girl shook her head. Slowly she came to realize exactly what she needed to do. She took her hands out of her pocket as it held a single pokeball, this one was different than any other one, but it scared her. No... not this one, she thought to herself. It was... too dangerous. Quickly, she took her bag and buried that pokeball deeply within it. She couldn't let it see the light of day, not ever again. Slowly she stood up as she collected a different Pokeball from her belt. This was a standard Pokeball. She could do this, she had too. She then stood up as she made her way towards the Gym in Violet City. She paused briefly as she caught a sign advertizing the gym leader Falkner. 'The Elegant Master of Flying Pokemon'. The girl's heart sank a little. This might not be as easy as she hoped.

Last edited:
Mauro was walking as he had Ralts be out of her Pokeball as he entered violet city as he said, “ well buddy we made it and i caught a few more Pokemon lets go.” He was excited for it as he went to the Pokemon center as he was walking in to heal his Pokemon including ralts. Once done he headed to the gym to sign up as a competitor.

Last edited:

Mavis Lockheart: Group #1
Interactions
: JC JCKane JCKane
df1cbb338bf43e3157a3c13fae75e104.jpg Starting an adventure always sounded magical, but to do it is not as amazing, especially if you don't know where to go, or how to start. Mavis wasn't the type to dream about venturing into the world, she didn't know the first thing about traveling, and yet, her parents allowed their teenage daughter to go without a second thought. Some people would call it child endangerment, but it’s a normal passage of right for kids to learn through experience. Mavis certainly has a starter Pokémon to help ward off wild Pokemon, so that checks out. Next is figuring out where to go. The only clue she has regarding her brother is a letter of the alphabet. It’s not exactly helpful. It could just be a decor so the parchment won't be plain, however, in the back of Mavi's head it’s a clue. She simply has to open her mind for it, and it’s something she is good at.

Gastly floats down the dirt road alongside his partner. There are common things for traveling trainer does. One of them is keeping their Pokémon in their Pokéball. Mavis wasn't quite fond of the idea, and neither was Gastly considering they get along well without it. There was never a need before, and there isn't a need now. Gastly can always retire by following in her shadow. Still, as nice as it is, Gastly’s pranking urge does tend to cause trouble for Mavis such as now for instance as he scares a poor Weedle off their string. ”Gastly, no! That’s very rude of you.” Gastly proceeds to laugh as Mavis attends to the irked Weedle. ”I am so sorry. Are you okay?” The Weedle’s face becomes flustered, it’s focus on the cackling Gastly. It uses string shot, but misses as it phases through Gastly. He laughs harder at the bug Pokémon’s weak attempt of an attack. Mavis glares at Gastly, and apologizes, unfortunately Weedle had alarmed it’s hive of Beedrills. The swarm hover behind Weedle, angered by Gastly’s behavior. Mavi's face turns pale at the amount of Beedrills in front of her. She backs away slowly, then spins on her heel, and makes a mad dash.

The chase surprisingly went on for a long time until Mavis jumped into the tall grass to hide from the swarm. As they pass, Mavis let's out a sharp breath she was holding. The coast was clear and there were no Beedrills in sight. Thank goodness. The downside is she has found herself somewhere deep in the woods. The overgrown trees block out the sunlight, but enough to peek through the gaps for a majestic effect. It was like standing in a grass wonderland. Ghastly appears before her scanning the area. Mavis shoots the Pokémon a scowl. ”What you did back there is unacceptable. That poor Weedle. I get that you want to have fun, but next time ask me. We’re not back home, ya know.” Ghastly takes his tongue out then turns away with it’s head held high. Mavis props her hands on her waist disapprovingly. ”Really? Do you want to be proud of yourself? Because of you, we’re lost in the middle of the woods.” Fleeing away from the Beedrill was the top priority, and in the midst of their panic, Mavis didn't know where she ended up. If only she had brought a map with her. It completely slipped her mind. She was preoccupied with finding Davis.

Gastly starts to float away, refusing to take accountability. ”Hey! Come back here! Gastly!” She called out losing the Ghost. She cursed under her breath despising a Ghost-type’s ability to disappear. It comes in handy every now, and then, until it doesn't.

Gastly, takes a stroll through the forest enjoying the twilight effect of the forest. As he hovers along, he spots a girl leaning on a tree. He grins as he devises a devious plan to scare the girl. He vanishes, then reappears behind the tree. He phases through, above the girl then dangles upside down and makes a scary face.

At the same time, Mavis discovers Gastly approaching a girl. She instantly knew what he was going to do. She stood in the grass hoping, and waiting for them not to do what she thinks they are. She whisper shouts at Gastly, but if falls on deaf ears as the Ghost Pokémon goes on carries on with their intrusive thought. Mavis runs over to stop them, to no avail. It felt like she was running in slow motion while crying, ”Gastly nooooooo!”

Last edited:

Kai's journey in Kanto started at a small port outside Pallet town on Route 21. The sun just barely rising over the horizon. After a nice long trip by boat and plane, through several different regions, he finally managed to arrive in Kanto. He gave a huge sigh as he stepped onto land for the first time in a bit. Taking in his surroundings before smiling. He was finally here! The first thing he did was set up a Pokémon camp in an open space between Route 21 and Pallet Town. Giving a chance to let all his Pokémon out since they had to be in their balls for so long.

"I bet it was tiring being in those balls for so long, right?" He said with a small chuckle. Throwing down all his Pokéballs and letting the six Pokémon run around as he set up camp. They were all very used to this, so they knew not to stray too far from Kai and the camp. But that didn't stop the weird looks he got from some of the other people passing by. Oh well, he didn't pay them any mind. Offering some pokébeans to the pokémon around him. "We won't be doing food yet. Once we find a better place to set up we can get a campfire started." He explained to the group. Laying back on the grass as his six friends surrounded him. It felt like time was slowing as the light breeze blew through the area. But that moment was suddenly interrupted by the buzz of his rotom phone. The sentiant phone soon flying out of his bag to show him who was calling, causing a chuckle out of him. "It's like he knew the moment I got off the boat." He answered the video call, the rotom positioning itself in the air above where he and his pokémon laid.

"Heyyy! You finally answered! I was starting to think you were off the grid for good!" His brother's voice suddenly rang out. Making Kai roll his eyes with an amused smile.

"So you've been calling me every hour since I left till I answered." Kai snorted. "I literally just got off the boat. The service wasn't that good in the middle of the ocean." That and he was too distracted looking at the sights to notice if his phone was ringing or not. "How has Unova been though? I can't tell you much about Kanto since I just got here."

"Unova's been fun! I haven't left Castelia City yet, but this place is huge! I've been wandering around the city for a while. It's too bad you couldn't stay for a bit longer to look around with me."
Kai and Elliot had taken a place from Galar to Unova together. But they soon split up there when Kai had to catch a boat to make it to Kanto. "Okay! Since you got to Kanto today, the competition starts now! I didn't go to any gyms to make sure I didn't get a head start~"

Their talk lasted for a bit. Afterward, they said their goodbyes, Kai put his phone away before starting to pack up the camp. He wanted to reach the city where the first gym was before the end of the day...which wasn't actually Viridian city gym. He had heard from some people on the boat that the gym leader there had been absent for a while. So, that meant he had to skip it for now! Which meant making his way to the next city over. Pewter city.

Kai collected all his pokémon except for two. Bao, his Rowlet, and Churro, his Growlithe. Those two were always far more active than the others. The other four were already tuckered out and ready to return to their balls. But the other two insisted on staying out. "Just make sure not to run around too much, okay? I don't think the people here are used to you guys being out." He knew they wouldn't bother anyone, but that didn't mean they might not frighten others. Bao had made himself comfortable in Kai's hood. Observing the world through between the strands of his trainer's hair. While Churro was running circles around Kai's feet. "Come on you two." He hummed. Setting down the path that would lead through Viridian City and eventually to Pewter City. If only it was actually that easy.

Things took a turn for the worse after passing through the city. He didn't expect to wander into such a dense forest! He was staring at his map like it had offended him in some way. It showed that he had to go through the forest...but didn't exactly show how to get through the forest. "Bao, can you fly around and see if there's anything around that might lead us to the exit?" He asked, poking at the bird still hanging around in his hood. After a small sound of agreement, the small bird flew up and began circling the forest from the sky. While Kai and Churro continued walking around on foot. This didn't lead to much. Aside from Kai getting distracted and climbing up a tree to collect some berries he spotted from the ground. Which only earned him a whiny bark from the Growlithe. Even his pokémon were trying to keep him on track. With a basket of fruits and Bao soon returning without finding much...it was time to take a break. "Why don't we have some lunch to refresh." He said sheepishly. Hopping down the tree and leading the way to a small opening in the forest they had found earlier.

He set up a similar camp from a few hours ago, but this time he had the campfire and curry pot set up too! He laid down a nice blanket and began heating up the pot as he prepared his ingredients. He'd use some of the new berries he found in today's curry! A sweet aroma would linger in the forest air as the faint sounds of Kai's playful pokémon that were running around the makeshift campsite. Though all heads would turn at the sound of shouting and other people. Kai wasn't expecting to find other people so soon. He set up a stool and set Shortcake on it.

"Keep stirring the pot for me, okay? Me, Churro and Bao will see what that was." He didn't move too far from the camp, as the sound of the other voices came from the other side of the line of trees. So, he was able to keep an eye on the camp while he peeked to see what was happening. It seemed like a Ghastly was messing with a red haired girl. While another person was running towards them. He might have returned back to the camp since they seemed fine...only for Churro to start growling at the ghost pokémon. "Hey, I think its just playing around." He mumbled. Patting Churro so he'd relax as Bao rest comfily on top of Kai's head.

"Sorry about that- I think he mistook this Gastly attacking you...unless it is?" He asked a bit confused. The pokémon didn't seem aggressive. Just a bit mischievous.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

JC was resting for a moment when suddenly something entered her field of vision from above. JC wasn't even able to fully register it as the unexpected appearance and scary facial expression caused her to scream from fright, immediately dropping to the ground by the tree and scurrying back a little. First was flight, then was fight as her hand instinctively went to her belt as she pulled one off giving it a rushed call out, "Water Gun!" She said still in panic mode. The tiny turtle Pokemon appeared on the field with a flash of light as it had a fighting pose, ready for anything. Quickly it let out a powerful stream of water towards the ghost Pokemon.

However, it took a moment for JC to finally calm down as she realized that it was just a Gastly. Even more than that as she suddenly noticed the others two individuals, one with a Growleth the other seeming to rush towards the ghost/poison Pokemon. JC sheepishly got up as she rubbed the back of her head. Squirtle was still in battle mode as it stared down the gastly.

"I uh... what's going on?" She asked a little confused but embareshed for sure.

Interactions
: J.C. JCKane JCKane & Kai Bloody_Death Bloody_Death
df1cbb338bf43e3157a3c13fae75e104.jpgIt’s as Mavis feared, Gastly had successfully scared the poor redhead, and all because she couldn't keep Gastly under control. This is exactly what her parents were afraid of, especially when it came to Davis. Mavis was certain she could behave on the road with Gastly. The girl responded with a scream, and used their Squirtle to attack Gastly. Thankfully, she moved Gastly out of the way, but in turn gets drenched by water gun. She spews water from her mouth then peers down herself soaked from head to toe. Gastly makes itself visible, and chuckles. She glares at the Ghost Pokémon. ”Oh, you think that’s funny?” She growled. ”You are in so much trouble. I ought to put you in a Pokéball for the rest of our travels.” Gastly hangs its head apologetically. ”Good, now you understand. No more pranks for a while, ok?” Gastly nods in agreement, his eyes glued to the ground.

Finally, Mavis acknowledges the redhead who had dusted themselves off. Behind her is another person with a Growlithe growling towards Gastly who now hid behind Mavis, and some bird Pokémon she had never seen before. Being on the farm meant being oblivious to regional Pokémon. She mostly spent her time with chores, and playing with Gastly, of course there are the occasional stars on the television, but she would much rather be productive than rott her brain. ”Oh, hello.” She greeted the two then bows. ”I’m terribly sorry Gastly scared you. I was trying to keep them out of trouble, but it seems I have failed, and caused a bit of a ruckus. Despite Gastly’s rude behavior, Mavis knew mischief is simply a normal nature of Ghost-type Pokémon. She gently holds the ball of gas to plead for forgiveness.

”Say you’re sorry.” She said sternly. Gastly complies by nodding their head. Mavis then peers over to the boy. ”Sorry to have disturbed you, too. This Gastly is mine, ya see? They love pulling pranks, and it’s their first time on the road.” Hopefully shedding some light on Gastly’s history will allow the two to understand Gastly better. Mavis shivers from the cold morning seeping through from her soaked clothes, she sneezes in response, and does her best to squeeze the water out of her clothes.

Last edited:
FInally arrriving into the city was riding on her bike was Pokemon Coordinator (In-Training) was Leona, She dreamed of becoming the best performer despite the fact she grew up in alola and took a train to this city and might as well is currently riding a bike in the middle of town quite fascinated by this apparent scene of this. "W-whoa... Violet City is s-so huge!" She thought in awe.

Pokémon of all shapes and sizes bustled through the streets, adding to the city's lively atmosphere leaving Leon quite in awe of it as sh eager to befriend and join into the Johto's Pokemon Coordination. As of Lost in the enchantment of her surroundings, Leona failed to notice the swiftly approaching sign until it was too late. With a sudden crash and a comedic tumble, she found herself sprawled on the ground, her bike abandoned nearby, as she face planted into the ground groaning to herself quite in pain. She was unaware of a couple of onlookers glancing at her.

Mentions: JCKane JCKane Blade22 Blade22

Last edited:
Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Blade22 Blade22

Maya was still standing there glancing down at the pokeball in her hand, wondering if it would be enough. This was the flying gym and her Pokemon was...

Suddenly, she heard a crash as she looked up and seen someone had crashed into the gym sign. Maya wasn't sure what to do as she seen the girl laying there on the ground. She should just move on, she didnt need to attract attention to herself... not if they were around. But what if she needed help?

Maya did her best to steel her nerves as she cautiously walked closer to the girl, "I uh... are you ok?"

Mauro walked to the gym as he saw someone passed him by on a bike and saw her crash into a he gym sign as he sighed and looked as he went over as he saw another girl approaching as well. He didn’t know if he should stop or help but he got to them and said, “ are you alright?” He looked at the girl on the ground.

JCKane JCKane Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

When it was confirmed that the Gastly was just a bit of a troublemaker instead of an actual threat he gave a small laugh. There were some really playful pokémon, huh? It was probably a bit troublesome, but it was cute to him. As someone who isn't responsible for him. "Well, I'm glad everything is alright here. That scream was a bit startling." After getting confirmation that Gastly was just playing around, Churro gave a happy bark. His tail swooshed happily as he sat on the ground at his trainer's feet.

He glanced at the two girls before looking back at his camp. They were probably both lost too. Not to mention the dark-haired girl was soaked due to the squirtle's water gun. There was plenty of space and a fire in her camp. Two more people and their pokémon should be fine. "Are you both lost in the woods as well? Uh- I'm not saying I know the way out, but I do have a small camp where you two can rest and dry off." He offered with a kind smile. "You can also let your pokémon out there. All of my pokémon are used to others so they wouldn't mind the extra company either." He reassured motioning to the other side of the thin line of trees where he just come from. Churro and Bao had run off back to the camp when Kai had motioned at it. Eager to play again now that there was nothing wrong. "I'm sure Gastly and Squirtle could make some friends too. First-time trips should be trips to remember." He remembered his first trip around Alola with his brother. It would be something he'd never forget. Memories he'd treasure for the rest of his life.

He turned to the red-haired girl and Squirtle next. "Is this your first trip as well?" He asked before glancing over when he noticed the other girl sneezing. She'd get sick if she didn't dry off quickly. "Um...let's talk more at the camp. Even if you don't end up staying the whole time, a little break is always nice, right?" He motioned for the two to follow him as he returned to the camp. When he returned, he was greeted happily by all his pokémon. Picking up the small tray that held all the ingredients he planned on using for the curry. "Feel free to sit on the blanket or hang out by the pot to warm up." He hummed, working with Alcremie to make the curry, with her continuing to mix as he added the ingredients to the pot.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

JC nodded her head a few times when explanations were given, "Ah... well ok, Appology accepted," She said smiling at the Ghastly's trainer. She hadn't met a Ghost Pokemon before and this ghastly seemed like a real handful. She then turned to the other one with the Growlith and a Pokemon she hadn't seen before, "Ooh a camp?" She said as she began to follow, "Uh... yeah this is my first adventure... And I am lost. Sadly my Town Map doesn't include a layout of the forest." She gave a slight chuckle as she patted the cylindrical device on her belt.

She arrived at the camp sight and again saw Pokemon she'd never seen before. "Whoa," She said as she looked at them, her squirtle was also curious. She didn't hear about letting her other Pokemon out as instead she just walked up to one of them, "Whoa, this one's a prickly looking one," JC said as she approached the Mareanie, "I bet it's a water type, like you Squirtle." She beamed at the Pokemon as Squirtle was being friendly as he walked up and held out his hand for the Mareanie to shake. JC knelt down too, to get a closer look at the pokemon.

Interactions
: Kai Bloody_Death Bloody_Death & JC JCKane JCKane
Mavis was somewhat relieved they were understanding of Gastly’s situation. She hoped to eventually have them fall in line. It’s only the beginning after all. The question is, would she be able to? The boy had inquired if they were lost in the woods. It seems they were equally stuck in the twilight looking forest. He did, however, offer their camp setup nearby. As kind as it is, Mavis opt to take their chances of finding an exit, and find the nearest Pokémon center. Wasting time in the woods is not productive, and she could possibly be missing several clues by lounging about. ”I wouldn't say I am lost. I just happened to have found myself here after being chased by a swarm of Beedrills.” Most people would be embarrassed to confess their mishaps, but for Mavis, it was no big deal. Inconveniences happen frequently in the wild. A lesson she learned on her farm. It’s not like she can control mother nature.

The redhead admitted to being lost. It was also her first journey. Mavis became interested to learn more since they share a commonality. She expected to be the only beginner, of course the world doesn't revolve around her, but when isolated on a farm, it sure felt that way. She was glad to meet another traveler. It meant she wasn't alone. A strange sensation fills her heart. She cannot decipher what it is, but perhaps it is a connection. She then mentioned her map not having a layout of the forest. Once again, Mavis is reminded of why preparation is extremely important during an adventure. ”Thank you for the offer, but I best be on my way. I prefer not to stay in one place for long. Besides, I don't want to impose.” Gastly had a different stance. Their curiosity piqued, allured by the aroma as well as excited to meet other Pokemon. He chases after Churro and Bao in the blink of an eye. Mavis calls out, and hangs her head in defeat. ”I…suppose we could stay for a little while.” She blushed, and bashfully scratched her cheek.

As Mavis followed the pair to camp, she listened in silence to what the boy had to say. His words of wisdom in regards to making friends worth remembering on a first trip. She hadn't considered expanding her options on the road. She was more focused on one thing. Would it truly be bad for her to test the waters outside of her objective? It’s a once and a lifetime experience. Once she completes her mission, there is no telling she will be granted a second opportunity. Maybe being a bit lenient might not be bad.

Her purple eyes follow the ball of gas introducing itself to a group of Pokémon belonging to the boy. He offered Mavis comfort to dry herself off or use his blanket. She simply nods in acknowledgement as it occurred to her, that she has yet to give out her name, or learn theirs. The redheaded girl was preoccupied with a never before seen Pokemon, while the boy returned to what he was previously doing. It felt awkward standing around with strangers. What can she say? What can she do? She’s great with being of assistance, maybe she can do that, or perhaps it’s nusinence to invade their space? Her eyes darted over to Gastly seemingly getting along better than her. Maybe one step at a time is fine.

Mavis outweighed her options. It’s better to be warm by the fire to dry her clothes, while also feeling warm. The blanket would probably be soaked in the process. Mavis lets out a content sigh. The heat was doing its job. In no time, she would be dry. She stares at the fire for a moment before turning to the boy parting her lips to speak, ”Thank you. This is a nice setup you have.” She smiled softly observing the various Pokémon team the boy held. ”I see your Pokémon are in great condition too. It shows how much you love them. Their coats shine, and shimmer like they’re supposed to. Oh, my name is Mavis Lockheart. What are your names?” She shifts to the redhead, and makes sure to involve her despite her weird positioning. ”I could help find a way out if I had a map. Even if there is no layout, there is a route that leads out of here depending on the chart. We also might need a compass.”

The Red haired rubbed the back of her head in pain as she inwardly groaned towards herself until she heard a couple of voices as she saw both a boy and a girl both seemed to be pokemon trainers as she looked in awe for a moment before both asked if she was ok which in the latter immediately raised up seemingly a bit flustered as the Kaloan Girl looked embarrassed. "U-uh Yeah! I am!" She hastilly Replied to them. Suddenly Swablu came out of her Pokeball and landed on her head, Nestling on it in a small comedic fashion leaving the girl looking a little more embarrassed.

JCKane JCKane Blade22 Blade22

Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Blade22 Blade22

Maya looked at the girl as she got up. Seemed she was ok, which was good. She then noticed that another person had come up to check on the girl as well. She felt a bit awkward now but it seemed he was a stranger to this girl too. When the Swablu landed on the girl she had to stifle a chuckle as it did look pretty comical. However, it was easy to tell this was making the poor girl more embarrassed.

"Glad you're alright," Maya said to her as she awkwardly continued to stand where she was. Part of her wanted to move on but that would be rude, which could result in brining more attention to herself. She wondered what she should do next. Now that it seemed the girl was alright. Her eyes slightly shifted to the sign in itself as if to remind herself why she was there. But it quickly returned back to the girl in question.

Mauro said, “ cool good to know your alright.” He looked at his pokeball as ralts came out as he smiled as he then looked back at the girl and said, “ you guys here for the gym signups?” He looks at them as he looked at the gym itself. As he softly laughed at what happened before he asked his question and then as he looked at them both of them and said, “ we should go in and sign up.”

JCKane JCKane Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Well. It was very nice to hear that he wasn't the only one who was lost...though he thought being chased into the forest by a swarm of Beedrills was a tad bit worse than just simply wandering around and getting lost. "...Do Beedrills here usually act like that?" He would hate to end up having to live a similar experience. Being chased by wild pokémon is never a fun thing.

He thought it was really sweet that this would be the red-haired girl's first adventure. "That's nice, this isn't my first adventure, but it is my first one by myself." In a way, it was also kind of his first time doing something like this too! He smile dropped a bit when his offer was rejected by the girl with purple hair. But before he could even say something else, the Gastly flew past him chasing after his own pokémon as they all headed towards the camp again. Giving an airy laugh at the situation. Welcoming the two other trainers into his camp.

Kai watched as the two and their Pokémon got settled into the camp. Watching Gastly and Squirtle mingling with his pokémon made him smile. Aside from Bao and Churro who had already met the strangers, the other four pokémon looked curiously at the newcomers. Upon seeing the ghost pokémon coming over to them, it was Churro and the Stufful, Mochi, who invited Gastly to play with them by hitting one of the toy balls in his direction. They were always fond of the little bouncy ball toys Kai had for them, so they opted to let Gastly join in their little game of smacking and chasing the ball around! It was always fun with more players, but Kai's other pokémon tended to prefer different games. Bao enjoyed staying perched up on Haupia the Appletun's back while the Appletun continued to march around the camp as the bird cheered him on.

As for Chiffon, he looked up at the strangers. When the trainer had said he was a water type like Squirtle, he gave a small cry. As if telling her she was right! Unfortunately, he did not have hands to shake with Squirtle. But it was easily solved by using one of their large tentacles to hold onto the turtle's hand to shake. He was quite happy at the attention he was getting from the stranger and Squirtle. Hopping up and down with a smile.

Kai peeked over at the girl sitting beside him and shortcake at the pot. Giving a nod at her thanks. "You're welcome. It's always nice camping with other trainers from time to time. And it's fun watching the pokémon all having fun together." His eyes glanced over to the others before returning to the pot. "Alright. I'll do the rest. Thank you for your help, Shortcake." He picked up the pokémon and sat her on the ground beside the girl before sitting on the stool and getting the last of the stirring done before reaching into his camp bag and pulling out some stored rice and plates.

He tilted his head at the girl's observation of his pokémon. It was a very specific comment but one that made him happy nevertheless. Though the topic of names distracted him before he could say thanks or ask any questions. "Oh, that's right." How could he forget to introduce himself before inviting them? "I'm Kai Nakayama. It's nice to meet you both." While waiting for the last member of their makeshift camping circle to give her name, he quickly began making plates of food for everyone. First making smaller helpings for all the pokémon. Even Squirtle and Gastly were new additions. And then larger plates for himself and his fellow trainers. A nice warm plate of tropical curry for everyone! This one was always his favorite. He set all the small plates on the grass and gave a small whistle. One that his pokémon were very familiar with. That meant it was time to eat!

One by one all of his pokémon began running over to eat. With Chiffon urging Squirtle to follow him and Churro and Mochi doing the same for Gastly. "Ah- if either of you have any other pokémon feel free to let them out so they can eat as well. There's still a bit more left." He didn't want anyone feeling left out if they didn't get a chance to get some food as well.

With the pokémon happily eating, he held out two plates for the girls to take before grabbing a plate of his own and sitting down as well. "I'd like to reach the other end of the forest soon. I didn't plan on eating lunch out here, to be honest. But everyone was getting a bit hungry so we decided to break. My map also doesn't show the layout of the forest...thought that also might be because the service is bad here and the map just isn't loading..." He mumbled between bites. Pulling out his rotom phone and pulling up the map he was looking at to show to the other two...which just showed that the exit towards Pewter City was at the north of the forest.

"My phone has a compass, but it's hard to keep walking in one direction when the trees can get so dense that you aren't able to keep walking through them." He has done a lot of debating about whether he should go left or right when met at a roadblock.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Squirtle seen the Mareanie call him over to get a plate of food so he happily went with her. JC stood up when they started to address names and such as she walked over to Kai and Mavis as she had a seat.

"I go by JC," JC replied to the two of them. She was then handed a plate which she accepted. She looked at it with a slight worrying look. Curry... it didn't look nor smell too appetizing to her. But it would be rude not to at least try some. So she steeled her nervsese and was about to take a bite when, "... oh other Pokemon..." She said chuckling sheepishly, "I do have one more."

She chuckled as she set her plate aside to pull out her other Pokemon. With a small toss the ball opened and out appeared her nidoran male. "Go get you some food," JC said to him cheerfully, hoping he actually liked the food. She then remembered her own plate as she put Nidoran's ball away and picked up her plate of food again. Here goes, she thought to herself as she had a bite. Thankfully, it wasn't spicy like she thought it'd be but it had a unique flavor. JC wasn't sure she liked it but well she could at least finish it... so she quickly worked to scarf it all down not taking into consideration she was probably being stared at. Once she finished she sat the plate down again as she looked at them. "Finished~" She said cheerfully.

She paused momentarily as she seen the rotom phone. "Ooh, you have one of those!" JC said excitedly, "That's so cool!"

Interactions
: JC JCKane JCKane & Kai Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

Kai, and JC are the names of Mavis’ acquaintances. She made a mental note. The two could prove to be reliable in the future. ”Sometimes. From what I read Beedrills are territorial because they’re protective of their nests, and are commonly found in misty or temperate forests. Just don’t stir trouble in the forest, and you’ll be fine.” She assured. Mavis watches Gastly closely through her peripheral vision. It’s surprising how well-behaved they are compared to earlier events. Perhaps spending time with other Pokemon is exactly what they needed to calm down.

The stufful, and Growlithe invited Gastly to play, sharing their toys with the ghost. Gastly curiously leans in to inspect the bouncy ball. They nudge the ball back to Churro, and Mochi amused by the back and forth game. It was clear to Mavis, Gastly missed his siblings just as she missed Davis, but he was definite in traveling with her to find him. In a way, both of them were going through their motions, learning as they go. It was less lonely knowing that. As Mavis looks around, she notices how lively it is to share a campsite with friends, and a team of Pokemon. Maybe on the road, Mavis will catch her own team. She wondered what kind of Pokemon await her on her journey. ”It is pleasant watching Pokemon.” She agreed, now observing squirtle greet Chiffon. A cute interaction. Judging by the squirtle, Mavis can indeed confirm JC is a starting out on as a trainer. If Mavis did have an option to choose her starter she would choose a charmander. You can never go wrong with fire as it would prove useful for many occasions.

As Kai sets Alcremie down, Mavis shoots the Pokemon a small smile before stepping aside to take a seat. Standing near the pot is nice, but it’s probably weird while Kai cooks. It wasn’t long before the Pokemon were called upon to eat by whistling. It reminded her of home. The way her mother would call Arcanine and Houndour to herd the Miltank and into the barn. The same could be said about Raichu with Mareep. Mavis perked up as did Gastly. A plate of food is of food is handed to Mavis, surprised to receive any. It made her feel like she was intruding, but it would be rude not to accept. Gastly fit right in, following Mochi and Churro to his plate. His expression said it all on the first bite. His eyes sparkled with delight as he munches on his food.

Again, Kai reminded her, and JC if they had any other Pokemon with them so they wouldn’t miss out. JC, who had taken a seat pulls out another Pokemon. A male Nidoran. Mavis becomes in awe at the adorable creature. ”Cute.” Mavis chirped. ”I’ve always wanted to meet a Nidoran. I hear there is another similar to their color pattern. A female, I believe? As for me, I only have Gastly.” She mentioned before returning to the plate of food on her lap. The heat, warms the girl to normal temperature. The aroma soothes her senses, she can smell each ingredient added to the curry. It made Mavis’ mouth water. She scoops a spoonful of curry, blows on it then stuffs it into her mouth. Her expression mirrors Gastly’s. Her eyes shape into star as her tastebuds explode with flavor. She can taste the sweetness from the bananas, and various berries added to them. Mavis in the heat of the moment shouted, ”delicious! I’ve never tasted anything like this. What is this?” She shoves more into her mouth making sure to savor it’s goodness. Mavis was not the only one, JC scarved their meal as if she had been starved. Perhaps she too appreciated the young chef’s cooking? She even made sure to announce she was finished while Mavis hums a tune with every bite until it was all gone. ”I concur. This was a treat. Thank you, Kai. I could taste every ingredient, and they were all mixed perfectly. I could eat this everyday.”

JC points out Kai’s Rotom phone. A curious device with a face on the back. It’s almost like it’s alive. It fascinated Mavis that she could acquire a similar device somewhere. Kai mentions his reason for making camp. It seems his Pokemon needed break to recharge. The device displays a map of the Kanto region, specifically near Pewter City which only meant one thing. ”Oh no…we’re in Viridian Forest.” She points to the exit of Pewter City. ”In order to get to Pewter City on foot, you must cross through the Virdian forest. It’s known to be quite a labyrinth. It’s not a surprise for people to get lost in these parts without asking for directions or a guide. The worst part is there are many bug type Pokemon here, and that includes Beedrills.” Mavis sweatdrops realizing she may have lied to Kai about being safe. ”We might encounter Beedrills if we’re not careful. Thankfully, we know Pewter City lies in the North. As long as we follow that, we can get out of here.”

Kai mentions how dense the woods can be even when moving forward. ”I have heard the forest forces a person to change direction. We may need to comply, but as long as we return to moving North, we should be fine. My Gastly can move through solid objects and lead the way if worst comes.” Mavis turns to JC. ”What do you think?

Kai watched as another pokémon was pulled out and quickly got up to make another plate for the Nidoran and let him join in with the others before returning to his seat with the other trainers. Which then left him with a new worry. That being... he didn't actually know if these trainers and their pokémon would enjoy the food that he made. It was definitely a bit foreign compared to some regions. Not to mention he didn't even ask if they were hungry or wanted to eat. Just shoving a plate of food in their face and expecting them to eat it. Ahhh he felt so embarrassed right now!

He thought about quickly speaking up to reassure them that they didn't need to eat if they didn't want to. But he was delightfully surprised that the both of them were just scarfing down their food like they hadn't eaten in years. He smiled and began enjoying his food with ease. Not eating at a nearly as fast rate, but still enjoy it a lot. Once all the plates were clear of food, he started staying up their dishes and setting them aside. "You're very welcome. This was tropical curry. It's one of my favorite dishes to make and eat. It's a sweeter type curry that has a lot of fruits in it rather than vegetables." He explained with a soft hum. "I'm glad you both seem to like it!" And he hoped their pokémon would enjoy it as well.

"My Rotom phone?" He questioned when it was pointed out and awed at. "Uh- thanks! It's very convenient to use. Does Kanto usually use Rotom phones too?" He knew they were a bit new for some regions. Alola had rotom dexes but the first time he heard of a rotom phone was in Galar!

At the mention of Viridian forest he tilted his head a bit....did the sign he saw say Viridian forest or city? "Ah...more beedrills?" He could only sigh at that. "Well, Churro is fairly good at dealing with bug-type pokémon. Though if there's a lot a lot of them he might have some trouble. Luckily we haven't had to get drawn into a battle yet." Who knew the first challenge would be getting to the gym rather than doing it? Luckily, Marvis seemed like she was a native around her. He had no idea what sort of pokémon were lurking in this forest his eyes shifted to JC. Wondering if she was also a native. She seemed a bit younger than him and had one of the Kanto starters. Saying this was her first adventure it seemed likely she might have been a native too.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

"...not really," JC said more under her breath when Kai said she liked it. For her, it was borderlining on bad, just not a flavor she enjoyed. But she tried to stay polite. She glanced over at her two Pokemon who didn't seem to mind the taste at all, both happily chowing down on the food they were given. She turned her attention back to them as he mentioned the Rotom Phone and rather it was considered rare or not in Kanto. She gave a slight shrug as she didn't get out much.

She then returned her attention to the issue at hand, "Well that sounds as good a plan as any," JC remarked, "My Town Map only let's me know when I'm in a route, town, or point of interest like this forest... but that's about it." She took out her town map and opened it, a clear screen came out between the two halfs. ON the screen then showed the Kanto Region with a blinking square around the spot that was labeled Viridian Forest.

"Wonder if you can upgrade it?" JC pondered to herself before putting it away. While she was, her attention shifted to some rustling in some tall grass close by the campsite.

Interactions

A Rotom phone. So that’s what it is. A device definitely not known in the Kanto region. Still, something seems off about it, and she couldn't help, but be intrigued. Perhaps it is a question for another time. JC pulled out her map. It was much different than Kai’s. Is Kanto’s device a downgrade or plain? Regardless, the truth of the matter is it doesn't display Viridian Forest’s layout. Mavis made sure to obtain a booklet from the Pokémart or the Pokémon Center to avoid future obstacles.

JC, and Kai seemed on board with Mavis’ plan. Of course, she was open to other options, but it’s the only one she could muster at the moment. With Gastly phasing through, and Churro on hand to ward off bugs, it should be a piece of cake. ”Then it’s settled.” Mavis rises to her feet ready to fetch Gastly when she hears rustling nearby. She wonders if it’s a Pokemon, or something worse.

He gave a glance over to JC when he thought he heard her mention not liking the dish, despite looking like she enjoyed it. Giving a sheepish laugh, he thought that maybe she was a picky eater. At least the pokémon and Marvis seemed to both enjoy and like it. And that was enough for him.

With their makeshift plan mapped out Kai began cleaning out the camp. Collecting all of the plates and setting them aside. However, before he could start putting out the fire he glanced over when he heard the grass rustling nearby. It wasn't uncommon for camps to attract wild pokémon. Kai had assumed it was a pokémon. But maybe he was wrong.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

JC stood up as she handed Kai her plate while he was collecting them. Her eyes were on the shifting and rushing grass. It paused for a moment before a head popped out of it, this head belonged to a Pikachu. It tilted it's head as if to wonder what was going on before sniffing the air. Then it hoped out of the grass, the heart shape at the end of its tail designated this particular Pikachu a female. The Pikachu walked up and JC was enamored by it.

"It's a Pikachu!" JC said ecstatic with a kind of hushed yell, "I'm going to catch it!"

JC was quick to jump the gun as she turned to her Nidoran, "Nidoran leer!" She said. The Poison Pokemon stopped as it had been licking it's plate clean when it heard the command. It rushed over and got right into the Pikachu's face and gave it a nasty leer, lowering the Pikachu's defense. This seemed to take the Pikachu a bit off guard as it seemed to fall on it's bum, yet it seemed to use the momentum to roll a bit away from Nidoran before hopping up and striking a cute pose, it's eyes brightening up. Was it baby-Doll Eyes? No, it didn't seem so as it just was posing.

"So cute~" JC remarked to herself as she looked at Nidoran, "Ok, now use peck!"

The Nidoran ran in as it charged up flying-type energy into it, before stabbing the Pikachu with it. This didn't do too much damage, as the electric-type Pokemon seemed to resist the attack, but thanks to the leer it did a bit more. The Pikachu seemed to oversell the attack almost, feying it being hurt as it collapsed in a dramatic fashion. JC raised an eye brow at this, "uh... Ok let's," JC said as she began to take out an empty Pokeball. But then the Pikachu opened her eyes with a smirk as she zapped Nidoran with a thunder shock. "Hey no fair!" JC said as Nidoran took the hit with a grunt.

"Use Peck again!" JC said as again the Nidoran ran into the Pikachu and hit its peck into the side of the Pokemon. Again The Pikachu seemed to oversell the move but JC didn't care as it was a lot of damage done already and it should be enough, "Let's go!" She said throwing her Pokeball as it hit the Pikachu. This had the Pikachu give what looked to be a knowing smile, yet JC didn't catch it. The Pikachu was sucked into the ball as the center light began to glow. One shake, two shakes, three shakes... Click!

The Pikachu was now caught!

"Woo!" JC said allowed as she ran over to the Pokeball, her energy high after that, "I just caught a Pikachu!"

She picked up the Pokeball as she seemed to dance a bit with it as Nidoran danced a bit too. Then... she remembered she wasn't the only one there as she chuckled a bit embareshing, ".. I mean... uh.. Yeah." She said not meaning the outburst she just did.

Interactions

It was a Pikachu. A female no less. Mavis watched the entire battle in awe. She didn't expect fight to be suspenseful. It was thrilling. Sure, her brother would do it, but it was mostly against their livestock for them to be content. All the other times Davis fought against a trainer, Mavis did not get to see as she was preoccupied with her books. It was nothing fancy. However, witnessing a battle between a trainer with their partner, and a wild Pokémon further encouraged the prospect for Mavis to catch her own team.

What was intriguing is the fact that the Pikachu certainly gave the audience a show. A different personality from Raichu when they were a Pikachu, but she supposed all Pokémon have their own just as people did. Another treat to behold, and a memory for Mavis to cherish. Even Gastly was amazed as it hovered beside her. She holds Gastly in her arms as JC does her victory dance.”Congratulations, that was an interesting battle.” She chortled, content for her acquaintance. Gastly nods in agreement. ”That makes three Pokémon, right? You’re halfway into making a full squad.”

Last edited:

Kai smiled as he watched the Pikachu poke her head out of the grass. He gave a small chuckle as JC seemed to instantly be all over it. "Good luck." He hummed as he continued his cleanup. He looked back at the battle now and then. Noticing that the Pikachu seemed to be very dramatic about everything. Some of his pokémon cheered on Nidoran and JC. While others helped Kai with cleaning up. By the time the battle was finished, Kai had finished most of the cleanup. Properly putting the fire out and packing all of his supplies away in his camping bag.

"That sounded like a fun battle." Kai mused as he began calling back some of his pokémon back into their balls. Only leaving Churro out since he had to battle some beedrills that might be lurking around possibly. "Is there any specific pokémon you two are looking to try and add to your team?" He asked while strapping on his bag and getting ready to go. "I'm probably not changing my team for a while, though I am curious about what type of pokémon other than Pikachu and Beedrills hang out around here." Kai was never a 'catch-them-all' type of person, he only caught pokémon he knew he would really want to befriend.

group one

kai.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back