• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Gangland 2025

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
United States of America, 2022Times Square, New York, 12:05am

“Just imagine that type of world. Not the whole world, but our world. The world you and I live every. Single. Day.” He spoke softly into the microphone that was stood in front of him – he was stood up on a platform in the center of a platform that stood a few feet off of the ground in the center of the square. Surrounding him on the streets were all of the gangs, the mobs, the organized crime syndicates, the crime families. There weren’t very many, but it was certainly enough for the section of the USA that had been dedicated to the poor and less well-off people that lived there. You either showed you were worth having in the rich side of the states, or you stayed in poverty and lower-level everything. Things were downgraded over in this section, but we’ll talk more about that later. He had every gang or crime family arriving from as far as Louisiana and Florida. It was a sight to be seen, but the citizens were nowhere. They knew that this was a night that curfew was active from 4pm. “Look around, everyone. Look to your lefts, look to your rights, and stare upon the people that you stand side-by-side with… Amongst these men and women we have here tonight, you may see some people that have been responsible. Responsible for the death of your members, your family, your loved ones, your friends… your chances. And just look how… not a single person is dead, or injured, or being targeted.”

They all looked around at each other, some of them frowning, but they did nothing in aggression. They soon all turned back to look at the man on the platform before them.

“We have The Six over in that corner.” He said as he pointed to a gang of African American men – there were far more than six, but the story behind them is that their gang was started by six people initially, hence the name. “And we have their archenemies, The Gunma Family, standing only a few groups down from them.” He added, pointing to a group of males that appeared to be from a Japanese background. “Now, let me tell you a story. In twenty-twenty, The Gunma abducted a street lord of The Six and tortured him relentlessly. In retaliation, The Six nearly crippled The Gunma by destroying their drug line… yet, somehow, no one from either of the groups are killing each other tonight.”

Some discussion broke out in the crowd. They were beginning to realize how things would be if the truce began – they’d be good. People would stick to their turf – of which was actually entire states, for some – and that would be it. No trouble, no effort, no death.

“Twenty-one states. A total of fifteen families, five of which are small-time, three major crime syndicates, four being Mafias or Cartels, and three being straight-up gangs… Just imagine, if all of us could come together and stop the needless killing of those we care for. Those we run. Those we protect. I ask you this question now… Who’s ready for a new country? A new alliance?!” He asked in a positive yell. The crowd went wild – everyone in every gang or family was cheering and shouting in agreement. The man on the platform raised his arms and smiled around at everyone while they cheered for him. They didn’t know his name, but they soon started chanting ‘Man In Black’ – They didn’t know exactly who he was, but everyone in the city knew that he and his associate were important. They wore black suits and ties, sunglasses, cowboy-style duster hats, and occasionally a balaclava that had a picture of the sun stitched into it. It was squiggle sort of lines for the sun’s rays, though, almost like a child’s drawing – it was strange, in a way. The center, the sun’s body, was a perfect circle and unfilled. It was just a perfect circular line that had other lines branching off of it.

That peace treaty was three years ago, and a lot of things can change in three years.

“A’ight, any of you motherfuckers move and I blow the pretty little face off this bitch, you understand me?!” He screamed, his yell echoed around the bank and almost seemed to bounce back to him. He was a muscular and bald Afro-American man, which only made him harder to find when it came to investigations – plus, he wasn’t the only one of The Six here. He had at least five other men, and he was with Gunma Family. Or at least some of them – he’d come to realize that these guys were fucking creepy, but they were great business partners. This was the fifth small bank they’d hit together in the past month – in New York, you’d expect to have the whole police force charging in and gunning you down, but that was the old New York that was busting with big bucks. Not anymore. New York was now the most dangerous state in the country, and one of the places everyone on the poor side tried to avoid.

He had a young blonde girl at his side, maybe in her twenties – How she was stuck as a banker in the poorest and most violent city in the USA was phenomenal. He felt bad for her in a way, but the victims are suckers for the young people who give the whole ‘I’m going to be a mommy’ or ‘I want to graduate from college, please!’ acts – it makes them easy to manipulate. Especially when they had a sawed-off shotgun to the face like this girl did. You might be thinking ‘Sawed off shotguns? 2025?’. Well. Let me explain – the rich want all the good modern-day guns and technology to themselves, so the poor gets the excess shit that no one wants any more. Scopes for assault rifles were like diamonds on the poor side, but it was the same with all technology and cars – phones, consoles, computers, TV’s – the best cars you could get dated back to 2013, and the best generation of technology came from that time era as well. Hell, a lot of people had flip-phones more than anything.

Three men in red suits wandered in through the door, M4’s in their hands. He took one look at them and instantly regretted even being in sight. They were The Devil’s Arms. The crime syndicate. They were so brutal and cruel it was unreal.

“Oh, shit…” He muttered, he shoved the blonde woman aside and then dashed over to the back door of the bank that lead down towards the vault; he looked down the stairs and screamed down to whoever was there. “The Devil’s Arms are here, we’ve been fuckin’ set up!”

He instantly heard shouting followed by gunshots downstairs. He knew that it was The Gunma that did this. He just hoped that his friends were the ones doing the shooting. He couldn’t hope for long, seeing as soon enough he felt some bullets go through the wooden panel behind him and hit him straight in the back. He dropped like a sack of bricks and tumbled down the stairs towards the vault. The shares of the robbery go as followed – 100/0 to The Devil’s Arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight, New York.

Nick walked into the office that was upstairs to find his twin brother Rick, who he assumed was doing some sort of work or keeping watch of the grounds of the mansion they lived in. Both of their 'sons' had been put to bed around four hours ago, and they were fast asleep and getting ready for a fresh new day in the richest place in the poorest side of the USA.

".. It seems that some of the organizations are... recruiting, my brother." Nick said as he linked his hands behind his back and gave a half grin. They still wore their sunglasses inside, but no one knew why. "You know what that means. We're in for a good time." He chuckled lightly. (@Icefox11)

--

Galin Marks - The Mission

"Okay, M. We've got some more work for you to do. Now, you, being the faithful little skull-popper you are, is going to follow the protocol and do as we say, not get killed, and then get paid. Now. Let me talk more about your target. Your job is to go to the docks in the East side of the city and take out a Lieutenant Hiriko Tagaraki of The Gunma Family. This crazy motherfucker's wanted by us for trying to knock down a building with some nice C4 Explosives. Now, I know we do stuff like this, but here's the thing - this said building was on our territory. Our zone. This is a crime that no one gets away from, you get me? Find his stupid sushi-eating ass and nail the fucker before he can come back for a rerun, but be. Careful. This bastard always has reinforcements with him, so if you need to, take them out as well. Goodbye." A voice on his phone said. He knew for a fact that it wasn't the head of The Devil's Arms syndicate, and it was merely a messenger that seemed to have rehearsed his contract. This guy that he was being sent to assassinate, he'd heard plenty about him. A renowned ex-terrorist and now torturer - he had the best methods of interrogation, mostly because he knew what to do to get people to talk within ten seconds. Especially if they were male. Yeah, this Japanese man was psycho, but he'd need to move fast if he wanted to catch him before sunrise. The Devil's Arms had him posted in the North of New York City in the higher end district. They provided him a decent apartment and a steady income in a place that wasn't all too far from their HQ. They also got him a nice Mustang, which was a rare car to have in the poor side. (@Mason)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Very exciting, brother. Tell me, did you send some Devil's Arm members after a group of Six and Yunmab that had robbed several banks previous?" It wasn't unknown to him for Nick to make his own judgements when it came to small things like this. But still, it was good to be informed. "If not, I do believe it is time we arrange something for them."

(Gunma, not Yunmab :P )

".. No." He took a seat in a chair by the desk and sighed. "Like I mentioned. The peace treaty is off. The families and gangs are back at war with each other - no one wants the peace treaty just yet. A large source of the gross profit that the organizations receive is through the liquidation of other assets of other organizations. I had no reason to send any of The Devil's Arms members onto them. You know how we prefer to deal with people, brother. And that is by doing it ourselves." He explained leaning back in his chair and lightly tapping his knee with one hand. (@Beowulf)

The young man sat at the other end of the table twiddling his thumbs nervously as the large, imposing man stared him down. "I uh..." He cleared his throat as he tried to get the words to come out. His mind was a mess. You couldn't blame him though, he was barely in his twenties and facing one of the most powerful figures in the mafia. All over a massive debt he'd been left with after his father disappeared. "I need some way to pay of my debt to you guys, sir. Working several jobs just isn't cutting it anymore and I'm falling behind in payments..."

"I see..." He murmured, slowly looking around the room. He looked at the two other Mafia members that had come in with him and then nodded towards the door. They both slowly left and closed the door on them both. ".. Tell me... How far are you willing to go to remove the debt you have to us?" He asked in a stern and brisk tone. (@Axel1313)

He gulped and dared raise his gaze from the table to stare back at him. "At this point I'm willing to do anything to get rid of it for good sir." His voice trembled about as horribly as his hands were. "Things are rougher than ever now and I just can't keep up anymore or take anymore beat downs from your thugs when I don't pay up in time."

(Sorry, rps crossed.)

"Must have escaped my mind." Rick replied. A lot of things have been escaping his mind of late, he should probably get that checked. "Shall we, then, enforce out power? Or let these children squabble amongst themselves." he asked as he leaned back nonchalantly in his chair. The reports he was reading weren't that important, just some black market items that they managed to get a look at first. "Perhaps we should send some men out on a patrol around our territory."

He froze. "Thugs?" He snarled quietly. ".. You call my men 'thugs', and you wonder why you get more of a beat-down each time?" He added in a quiet and harsh tone. His voice seemed to just demand respect. The room went a dead silent for that moment without even the sound of the air conditioning system of the building seeming apparent. He had his hands clenched into fists on the table now - there were some strange symbols tattooed onto each of his knuckles, but it was too hard to make out what they said or what they resembled. (@Axel1313)

--

".. Territory's a funny word, isn't it just?" Nick chuckled softly under his breath and then lifted his ankle of one leg onto the knee of the other. ".. A place that two or more people claim as their ground. Their right. Their place to retreat to whatever slimy black hole they live in whenever things get too heavy. That's not us, Rick... That's not us at all. We take what's rightfully ours and it stays that way. No one questions it, and no one goes against it or tries to take it back. As soon as they see the Black Sun sprayed on a streetlight, a wall, a store window - they stay right away." He smirked. "We need not to have any people go out to patrol our area. We live in a remote mansion with security cameras and a home security system that we had sent over from the rich side. The boys are safe, we're safe, our money's safe, and our property is safe. The only thing that isn't safe, are the people that are out there." He pointed towards the window and laughed for a moment. "We could have people wiped out of existence before you know it. We have nothing to fear. Now it's time to sit back and watch the world burn." He smiled and relaxed once again. (@Beowulf)

Johnathan let out a small, sharp gasp and seemingly shrunk in his chair. His eyes snapping back to the table again. The sudden dead silence in the room sent shivers up his spine. "Oh no, not to their faces. Er...I mean...there's not much else to call em' when they come busting in demanding money, y'know?"

He pulled out a Colt M1911 and set it down in the center of the desk. He turned it so that the grip was facing Johnathan. ".. You said you were willing to do anything. Are you willing to kill?" He asked in a shiver-worthy tone. (@Axel1313)

He looked hesitantly at the gun. Killing was never something he would have considered, but he was desperate. He couldn't live like this anymore, he couldn't live like his father. Constantly on the run, indulging in far more than he ever needed and making up excuses to dodge what he owed. "You heard me, I said anything didn't I?" He responded with more confidence.

".. That you did." He slid the gun into his lap. ".. There's a man that lives on the top floor of the building just across the street from here. He's a junkie fuck who's been stealing drugs from us. Known the guy since I got here, and he used to buy pot from me before we went big - Now that we're big, he fuckin' robs us. Crazy, right? Guy's got nothing to live for. After his fiance graduated and became a doctor, she took herself and his two young kids over to the rich zone to live a happy life. He's up there gettin' drunk every day, causing a noise disturbance for the neighbors, and stinking the place up." He looked around for a moment and then took a deep breath. ".. Pop him in the fuckin' head and run down to mainstreet. Toss the gun in a trash can and make sure you wipe the prints off of it. I'll meet you in one hour. You get busted, you don't know me, I don't know you - If you do know me, you know what that makes you, pal?" He pulled out another Colt from his jacket and aimed it at Johnathan's head. He pulled the trigger.

Click.

"Run along, now. I hope that I'll see you in one hour." He said, followed by tucking the second gun back into his jacket. (@Axel1313)

Holow walked up to the door, taking in a breath. "Dad, you are such a bastard." She mumbled, opening the door. Immediately, she was jumped by a bunch of black men and pinned to the wall forcefully. She clenched her teeth, glaring at the man. She could see that he was clearly very strong, but she held her ground. She knew how these kinds of people worked. She could feel the cold steel against her neck, but didn't even flinch. "Name's Holow Kontra. I am just here so you can get off my dad's back." She said, staring back at him.

".. Kontra..." The main man reached up with his free hand and scratched his chin. ".. What, you think you can just storm up in here and tell us to leave your dad alone? Who is he? What'd he do?" He asked as he walked over and sat down on a chair. The other men didn't release her just yet. (@Icefox11)

"Poor sap.'" He mumbled under his breath. Of course, at the sight of the gun aimed at his head his blood ran cold. "Kill the junkie, leave no evidence and make it quick. Got it boss." He gave him a quick nod as he fumbled with the gun. Trying to get it into the inside of his jacket without accidentally shooting himself in the leg before he even got out the door. "I'll see you on mainstreet in an hour."

".. I should hope so. And before you go..." The man slowly stood up. He wore a smirk on his face. He had something else planned, but he didn't make that obvious at all - he'd pretty much worn the same smirk for the most part of the meeting they had. ".. Exactly how much do you owe to us?" He asked quietly, linking his hands behind his back. (@Axel1313)

Holow silently thanked the gods for him removing the blade from her neck. She looked at the man, whishing the others would leave her alone. "Look, he had a bad run in with one of your old members and he promised a large sum of money if they wouldn't kill him. Of course he never paid that, and I came here to make a deal." She said.

"Heh, I bet a sweet little thing like you's got a deal for us." He snickered before grinning to expose his pearly white and gold teeth. The other men laughed perversely along with him and then went silent. ".. Go on then, sugar-tits. What you got for us?" He asked as he began tapping the tip of his blade on the surface of the table beside him. (@Icefox11)

"D'ooooh....Sssss." He bit his lip anxiously and crossed his arms tightly across his chest. He always hated when people asked that. He didn't have an exact answer, but that was only because it was such a high amount. "Thousands.....possibly over a million...." His voice faded off weakly. "Y'know. Let's just leave it at I am way over my head in debt and that's all anybody needs to know, okay?"

Holow almost spit in their direction. She was not about to offer them what they thought she was. "I offer you my service. Despite what you think I can punch better than I look like I can." She said, keeping still for the sake of appearances. She really hated her nick name, and she was prepared to change his mind the hard way.

"Seeing as you don't keep on top of your debt, we're going to round the figure to one-point-five million." He grinned. "Now run along. That junkie ain't gonna' kill himself. Not yet, at least." He said, followed by sitting down in his chair and leaning back in it with a tired sigh as he pulled the hat over his face. (@Icefox11)

Holow swallowed hard, looking at him. He got real threats, and she was afraid deep down inside, but she showed none of it on her face. "Depends, how much time you go?" She said, looking at him. She could see the steroid infused muscles in his arm, puffing almost every time he moved an inch. He sure looked scary.

Johnathan's jaw dropped. He hadn't even given him a number yet he just assumed that it was one-point-five-million! How was he ever gonna pay that off? "But!?.....mmmph." He quickly bit his tongue before anything stupid flew out of his mouth. Now was not the best time to be smarting off to this guy. For all he knew he could make it even higher or worse. He stuck with glaring at him for a moment before heading off to do the job.

"In times like these, it is always best to exercise our power. Of course, the Black Sun still does hold enough power to make them run." Mimicking his brothers posture, he turns half his thoughts to the other organizations. They would get bold, sooner or later. And when that happened, they would have to be put down, hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back