Exoprism OOC

I think right now, I am juggling two, three if I can get myself to actually post my first entry onto this one that is going at a snail-pace. 
I think it is close to dying.

It's actually on another website, but no, it started around a month ago. That is why I am so awkward about joining. I'm awful at joining into the middle of a Role Play. 
I never stop posting! Not until either my character dies or I die! (And I doubt anyone here really has the will to kill a seven year old girl)

I take it back! Please don't kill Jenny!

...Although, if you do, make it really emotional and dark. Also, torture her first. 
Wow, I just realized how incredibly evil that makes me sound.

"Oh my god don't kill her.

But if you want to, make it as horrific and discusting as possible."

You feeling ok DG?

Well other than the fact that you just called me "DG" yeah.

And, well, torture is horrific, but it really adds feels to a character's death. It's on my list of "Best Character Death Tropes", right alongside "Heroic Death". So, if Jenny is going to die, it will either be in a "Heroic Death" or "Valiant Effort While Being Tortured".

Not that I want Jenny to die, I don't. However, it's like having a personal favorite way to die. While I would hate dying from drowning, as that sounds horrible, the thought of dying from a shot to the head sounds reasonably painless. 
And besides, I need experience in writing characters being tortured.

Sorry. I didn't realize that wasn't a favorable nickname.

And if that's what you're into, alrighty. 
I didn't mean any offense by that. I realize I worded that poorly.

Oh, no offense here. DG doesn't even make "offended" or "mad", it just drives me nuts. I will tell you now that it is hard to actually make me honestly "Angry". 
So, about the Role Play, are our character's abilities based around the manipulation of Magical energy?

Because, if it is, than there is a limit of power that I previously didn't know of. If not, than Superduperman's character doesn't make sense, or it doesn't to me atleast.

No, see, your character's ability is to write runes, but doesn't have any magical power other than that. I hadn't been privy to the knowledge that our powers were based around a Magical Source of energy. Basically, what I mean is that your power just seemed a bit like an elephant in the room compared to others due to my lack of knowledge on the subject.

I figured there was like a "mana" or energy that the caster would manipulate and turn into the magics that we physically see. This would be a good thing to clear up, otherwise if there is no definite outside source then I'll have to change my character. I guess its from me playing lots of roleplaying games where there was an outside source of energy that was used for magic.

And he does have a magical power, its just not very traditional. He is sort of like a magical black hole that nullifies magic, to an extent, in a small radius around him, but he does have control over who or what does or does not get effected. Its sounds rather overpowered, but it is extremely limited in terms of both scope and scale. If he absorbs too much, he loses both mental and physical stamina at an alarming rate. But passively he acts like a white noise that lessens the overall quality.

That's the part of this I never really did decide entirely. Honestly, so long as one isn't entirely overpowering for the rest, it's perfectly fine. I think most of naturally fell in the same range, and he's had to change his ability once due to too much similarity.

Thysnia said:
That's the part of this I never really did decide entirely. Honestly, so long as one isn't entirely overpowering for the rest, it's perfectly fine. I think most of naturally fell in the same range, and he's had to change his ability once due to too much similarity.
In order for us to have abilities to begin with, there's got to be some sort of magic. There's no way for science to explain them, afterall. 
I can totally write something up in that regard if you think we need it for things to be uniform.

You can have it with out magic, but it would mean that only things can be manipulated instead of being created spontaneously. Like needing fire to control fire, but with a magic source then fire can both be created and manipulated. Do you see what I mean?

But since we agreed on an "energy" then we are all good and my character fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back