• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

Vyork turned to Ignis and pointed at the door to the fortress. "There is another dragon nearby, cant you feel it?" He stepped back from the shrine and shook his head. "I need help! Can you lead it away?" Vyork began to panic then paced back and forth around the room. "It will take my hoard and then my life!' He stopped moving and looked back at Ignas. "What can i do!?" Vyork walked back into the treasure room and looked at the massive amount of gold he has collected. "I have spent large amounts of time collecting this."

As the man approached the Hydra the beast ceased it's eating and faced even more of it's head towards the man, pretentious enough to challenge the Hydra. The Hydra could see the power burning in the hands of the man and was a bit shaken, but became very overconfident when it saw that all the enchantments were still locked away on the blade, it was as good as using a stick of butter to chop meat. The Hydra was still hungry but had to deal with this man before it could continue it's meal. The markings on his armor and the tattoos showing through the creases in his armor were familiar to the Hydra.... He was one of those famous beast hunters who worshipped the Goddess of Wind. He would enjoy the fact that two of the Hydras heads shot lightning breath when angered. As much as the Hydra wanted to tear him into bits it felt a tingle of something powerful coming. It distracted the Hydra from murdering the man before he got within 10 meters of the Hydra. Upon closer inspection the body of the hydra is as tall as a horse and twice as wide, each of it's necks were as long as a man, each of the heads was the size of a dog, it's wingspan was 20 meters and it's tail was about 10 meters long. The man was very close now and the Hydra readied itself for combat with a brazen confidence. @Uncle ShortyB

Avonch landed near a little village that seemed to be in an enormous flurry of activity. The curious puppy ran over to the scene of a man bearing down, single handedly, on a white Primordial Hydra. What bravery the man must have possessed to run at such a beast with confidence and no aid at his back. Avonch puppy grinned as the blade in Ruprecht's hands glowed softly, signifying that the blade was now enchanted and could slice through the Hyrda's scales, with a decent amount of effort mind you. Avonch moved closer to 15 meters away and sat to watch the spectacle unfold, her fur flowing in the wind and her cloth wiggling as the wind blew through it.

In an empty piece of space a small tear in reality formed, about the size of a man. A small group of creatures similar in appearance to the creature that Avonch had banished from the realm a short time ago. After they all had gotten through, about 5 in all, the tear closed.

Ferrak flew silently and unseen, over the larger dragon and it's followers, looking down upon the castle, sensing Ignis.

"Hello, Brother." He thought to himself as he flew lower, landing on the edge of one of the roofs of a tower, "This should be fun."

The collision between man and beast was nearly soundless; The hydra, surprisingly, didn't flee as Ruprecht bore down on it with his sword, and only really seemed to snort slightly as he approached it. Ruprecht was also strangely quiet, as he didn't seem too convinced his sword would even make a mark on the hydra's flesh but didn't want to panic any villagers that stuck around due to fear. To the surprise of everyone but himself, the eventual contact between the hydra and the strangely luminescent sword in Ruprecht's hand only resulted in the blade bouncing off. "Farmer! Get out of here, and take those people with you! I'll handle this, but you need to get these people into Lantknecht itself if you can! Tell them it is a white hydra. They'll know what that means. Go!" Ruprecht yelled over his shoulder, bringing the blade to bear again and readying himself for another swing at the beast. The farmer in question bolted towards the other spectating humans and began pushing them towards the town and to what was hopefully a safer location to get ready for a walk up the side of a mountain than where they currently were. Silently, Ruprecht began running through the lessons he got when he was a boy, trying to remember the best way to go about fighting what he dreaded was a hopeless battle that would only delay the inevitable destruction of his home and everyone in it.

Unknown to the old hunter, the blade's power changed, and the next impact on the hydra left a small gash about the size of Ruprecht's hand. The sudden ooze of blood from the new wound made him laugh, at first from surprise but then from newfound hope in the outcome of the battle. "Maybe this wizard's trinket isn't so useless after all. You won't be making a martyr out of me this day, beast!" He laughed, lifting the blade and rolling to the left to be closer to the hydra's rear flank. The next swing left another relatively small gash on the beast, but the third managed to go a little further into the flesh and nearly become stuck. The tide of battle was still heavily in the favor of the hydra, but with the sudden change in the blade's effectiveness it planted the seeds of Ruprecht at least not dying in an embarrassing way on the first stop on his great hunt. Ruprecht's next swing was aimed for the hydra's rear right ankle, in hopes that it would at least keep the beast from trying to run away from him. Flying didn't so much factor into Ruprecht's plan, but he knew that there was always a chance the beast would flee in hopes of coming back and killing him later. He just hoped that he'd make it harder than it needed to be for the hydra to do that.

"hello brother indeed this shall." to Ferrak

to Flamebane " ok lets do this" Ingis put his hand up and flanebane grew in size to the size if not larger then the dragon outside.

"ok we will deal with this Vyork" Ingis walks out with Flamebane "what do you want with this dragon if you dare fight prepare to die" Ingis yells

The large dragon was confused, where did this man and strange beast come from and who was he to order the dragon to do anything. The small army of minions looked uneasily to one another. The dragon then realized the amount of power coming from this strange man. He was not the only one of great power, there was another nearby, two of the six in one place? The dragon knew what it must do. "There seems to have been a misunderstanding, this pathetic excuse for a dragon is not the one whom I had a quarrel with," The dragon said in a deep rumbling voice. "I will leave you in peace," the dragon said with quite a large amount of sarcasm in it's voice. The dragon then flew off quickly and it's minions filtered panickedly through a portal nearby. The dragon was gone within a few moments teleporting away whilst in mid flight. @Vyork Ashfin @fire master

A great distance away the dragon came through a portal into it's lair deep underground. The dragon quickly pulled up some strange alien communication device and activated it. On the view screen was a dark figure with glowing purple eyes staring hard at the enormous dragon. "Master, I found two of the six while tending to a feud with some foolish wyrmling whose lair was within my lands. I know you just arrived but I advise you come to my location and set up here, so we can take advantage of the element of surprise," the ancient dragon quickly explained to the creature on the other side of the device.

"I will send one of my servants to upkeep our deal," the figure said into the device in a strange alien voice. The creature snapped it's fingers and a creature nearly identical to the beast Avonch just expelled appeared near the dragon, except this one was bigger and about twice as powerful as the creature at it's peak. "Last I heard, the "Gods" weren't supposed to use their power in such fiddly, insignificant mortal affairs. Guess these two don't much like following the rules their protector sets," the shadowy creature said with a purple toothed grin in a wispy voice. "Beast, you know what happens now," the creature said as it walked up to the dragon and began spreading other-stuff on it's scales.

"Yes, I do. I look forward to the strength you promised me," the dragon said as the other stuff spread itself over the dragon's gleaming red scales. Once fully covered in the black gloop, it seemed to dissipate to reveal the exact same dragon, but about 50 times as powerful, none of that extra power radiates from the dragon though.

"Here is what you must do lizard....." the creature instructed the changed dragon on what it should do.

The Hydra felt the pain of the small gashes this man in front of it has inflicted on it. The Hydra decided it was time to take this battle with the man seriously. The Hydra got in close to the man, literally surrounding him with its' heads, attacking him from every side yet still deftly dodging his swinging attacks, occasionally catching the blade in it's jaws and taking less damage than before. The man did quite well considering and was still slightly hurting the Hydra, but at this rate the man would be bones before the Hydra lost any of it's heads. The Primordial Hydra did not double the heads it looses, but it does regenerate it's lost head eventually and is actually smarter than most mortals. @Uncle ShortyB

All the while Avonch sat a few meters away watching the battle.

"This is going badly. Very badly. This is not like any other beast I've fought; it's much too smart for that." Ruprecht thought, gritting his teeth inside his helmet while the hydra bit at his armor and managed to break into it in a few places. It seemed like every time he swung, the head he aimed for moved out of the way and yet another head swung in and bit him. He could already tell his armor was weakening in places from repeated attacks, and this concerned him. "I'm not going to last a whole hell of a lot longer if I don't think of something to do. It moves out of the way when I swing, and then it bites. How am I supposed to fight something that clearly stays a step ahead of me at all times? I mean, it's hardly fair, but I knew this wouldn't be easy." He continued, furiously thinking of different weapons while he swung the sword. Eventually, the sword ended up in between the jaws of one of the heads when inspiration struck once more. "That dire boar did something similar when I swung at it. It did it to Gwyn as well, but only once. Maybe... It tore the thing's mouth open? It's worth a shot. I won't be less dead for trying." Ruprecht pictured an exaggerated version of his daughter's club, surrounded by vicious-looking reversed hooks and spikes rather than the simple blades of its progenitor, and flicked his wrist.

The weapon in his hands changed, and immediately buried itself in the meat of the hydra's mouth. Ruprecht gave a heavy pull on the hilt of his new weapon to ensure it buried itself deep into the mouth of the beast, and then laughed. "Little too much trouble to be catching it in your mouth now, eh? That'll teach you to think you've got the advantage!" Ruprecht flicked his wrist again, turning the hooked mace back into a sword and diving for the opening created by the wounded head. "Alright, so we're out of that mess. Not that my armor is any better for it." He thought bitterly, rolling towards the front of the hydra and readying his sword. The beasts necks writhed as it tried to get them to surround him again and caused the slightest spark of anger deep inside Ruprecht. "You think you're clever, running around with your nine heads? You don't know what it takes to get where I am, beast. I am a champion! I've fought things you would have never seen in a thousand lifetimes! You're merely a warm-up compared to what I've got ahead of me!" Ruprecht screamed, bringing the sword up and swinging wildly at one of the necks ahead of him. He managed to get a fairly sizable cut in the side of one before he dove out of the way again, trying to keep the beast guessing so as to keep his armor, and life, intact.

Ferrak tilted his head to the side as the larger dragon left, his army in close pursuit, slightly disappointed that nothing happened. He stood on top of the tower for a few seconds more until the portal closed, before falling from the edge and taking to the skies once more, flying towards Harrowford.

Once he arrived, he dove towards the ground and landed in an explosion of smoke, seeing that the entire town was covered in ash and sulphur, completely coated in it.

"Well, this will just not do.." He spoke to himself, twiddling his watch in his pocket.

He walked forward and looked around a little more, remembering the once inhabited town as it was, before raising his hand into the air and drawing forth a thick black mist to contrast the lighter ash. The mist rose around him a few meters in each direction, seeming to eat away at the ask, and with a smile he punched the air in each direction, sending waves of mist flying through the town, disintegrating the ash as it went.

Soon, all the ash and sulphur in the town was completely gone. But so were the people. He spun around slowly, remembering the people that used to walk around, and sighed deeply.

The two brutes let me pass and I am led to a giant white tent with an emblem that showed two red axes and a snake in the middle. I walk into the tent and instantly the smell of sweat hits me. The tent was filled with brute like men yelling, talking and brawling as the room grows silent and everyone stares at me, I make my way up towards their leader. I see drake who by far is the largest out of all of the berserkers and he is sitting in a large throne covered in bone jewelry with two women, assuming to be slaves, sit on each side of the hulk. He speaks in a language foreign to me towards the berserker guard that had brought me to him, then the guard speaks back to him in the language then drake looks at me. He laughs at me then says with the deepest voice I've ever heard "Puny vampire scum, do you think you can best me in a fight to the death?" He bellowed. "Yes I do, for soon your head will rest upon my belt." I say. Drake stands up, his tribal braided hair dangling to his shoulders, and bellows "To the arena." And we head out of the tent.

Addarra finished fitting the armor on Elyria her dragon before deciding to take another break. The Golems were done and the armor fitted so the tasks from Avonch were finally complete. The Goddess decided to check on her Pahgrein Dominic. She vaporized and transported to the location he was in. She quickly transformed into a Hawk with a red fabric around its right ankle. A symbol to who she was. She overheard Dominic challenge the leader of what seemed to be a Vampire Marauder Camp. "Going for something large for his first..." she mused to herself. When she heard their leader yell to everyone they would be going to the arena she took off and flew the brief distance to a hastily constructed wooden arena and perched herself where she could watch the fight and judge her Pahgrein truly worthy or not. Little did Dominic know that the dagger given to him by Addarra would only kill in one strike if he believed and trusted her with all his will power.

Dominic follow drake into the wooden arena that's smells of blood, and walk to the far end of the arena. Shortly after everyone settles into the speciating stands drake walks onto the arena with a giant war axe "And what is your choice of weapon pissant?" He yells as Dominic pull out the magnificent dagger. Everyone laughs even drake "you are pathetic scum, so let's make this quick" he says. "Yes, let's shall." Dominic say with a smirk. He starts running at me and swings his axe as Dominic duck under it and kick his leg out from under him "killing him instantly wouldn't be a fair fight" Dominic thinks to himself. Drake gets up, obviously angry, and slams the butt of the war axe on the ground "you damn battling, I'll kill you!" He yells

A King in shining armor with a golden blade stood overlooking a battle of annhilation. The enemy had assembled their entire army and so had he. This battle had been going on for an hour now and he saw no conclusion soon. He figured this battle if not stopped now would cause heavy casualties for both sides. He saw now as the time to step in and end it with a display of his power. He raised his sword and produced three flares of blue, gold, and white. The enemy wasn't used to seeing this withdrawal signal and qe caught off guard when the Ashran troops sprinted away. They got at least 20 yarda behind Sora before reforming ranks and standing attention.

"Okay, one last warning back down or else!" Sora boomed at the enemy walking forward at a medium pace. His warning was met with sudden barrage of artillery fire. The enemy is only worth the basic stuff, was Sora's thought before sending a wave of magic energy that repelled the artillery shells then proceeded to obliterate them showering the enemy artillery line in shrapnel. The enemy resolve was admirable as they showed no sign of retreating against his power. "Well then I treat you with the honor you serve, farewell brave foes." Sora said.

He aimed his sword in the air and fired off a giant ball of magic energy that split into smaller balls which spread out over the enemy and then split into high speed explosive scatter shot throwing the enemy into disarray. He fired off a sword beam down the center of the enemy dividing them and proceeding to use swords beam to divide them into fourths then sixteenths. He then drew his sword back charging it and released sixteen magic energy slash beams to annhilate the enemy forces granting them quick deaths at least. Sora always disliked these kind of things, killing so many men who were probably just following orders.

He turned to his men and raised his fist. He yelled "Today we have won!" His men thrusted thier fists in the air and made a triumphant chorus of cheers of "Yahhhhhhhh". Some even shouted out Sora's nicknames and a few shouted "Long live the Hero Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!". Sora stood letting his men enjoy their victory. Someone brought Sora a horse which he mounted. He said "Let's return to home men." He galloped through his men who parted to let him through and then fell into step behind him. Two others rode directly behind him carrying the flag of Ashhra proudly. Sora rode home a little sad but proud and manly.

Ferrak walked down one of the roads of the small town, white mist rising around his feet as he went, creeping up his legs, then his body, until finally he was completely covered, and just like that the mist dissipated into the air.

He re-appeared in front of the Faded Halls and slunk away to his throne room, sitting in the large chair that took up a large portion of space, and did just that, sat there concentrating on his work.

Drake then swung the axe towards the ground but dominic rolled out of the way then jumping on the head of the axe and with perfect agility ran up the hilt and kicked him in the head knocking him on the ground. Dominic the took the dagger in both hands then pushed down on his chest, the vampire instantly dies. After dominics victory the crowd cheered for no one had ever defeated drake.

The small item Addarra had found was a journal of sorts covered slightly in other stuff. The journal had belonged to the creature, it was written in basic language but all the names in the book were written in a very strange writing that looked as though someone spilled ink on the page. The journal told of how the creature was a private in the army of his nation and he had been chosen for an experiment. It tells of how the creature was sent though the fabric of reality, which made him 100 times more powerful but had nearly driven him mad. When he came into out world it told of how horrid and disgusting it looked, making his appearance to those who saw him nothing in comparison to the horrors he saw. He wrote of how he fearfully located as much power as he could, stealing some from strange half breeds of beings from his universe and ours and then just siphoning some from a planet after he attained a mount. It finished by him expressing his distress at all the monsters that had murdered his half kin and had taken over this universe. He just wanted to return to his home and to do so he needed a certain amount of power, he meant no harm the book finished. @Maven (Apologies I didn't respond to this sooner)

The Hydra reeled in pain at it's torn mouth. The center head growled at the man and spoke in a deep, crackling voice "You think a magnificent Hydra such as myself is so easy to defeat as with a simple trickblade? Oh you shall learn many things young champion of the monster hunter clan." With that, the Hydra spread it's enormous wings and blasted itself back, buffeting Ruprecht very badly and even denting his armor and stunning him. The Hydra took this moment of inaction on the man's part to take a deep breath..... and rain an elemental hail on the poor man powerful enough to destroy an entire city. From three heads, including the destroyed one, came fire as hot as the sun, from two heads came lightning straight from the most dangerous storms, from two more came acid so corrosive it could eat through a fortress' walls and the final two expelled a burst of freezing liquid that froze all it touched. When the dust cleared the spot where the man had stood was completely destroyed and the man was nowhere to be seen. Sensing victory, the Hydra grabbed a dead cow for each head but the ruined one and headed off for it's mountain home, healing it's ruined maw all the way.

Meanwhile in a dark and strange realm, a familiar man lied upon the ground in immense pain, his dented and ruined armor making any movement excrutiating painful. @Uncle ShortyB

The Goddess was pleased by the fight... if you could call it that between Dominic and Drake. Her Pahgrein had done well. Addarra had high hopes for her young vampire and knew that in the coming days and weeks he would do amazing things that few could only imagine.

After giving a shrieking call she flew off a good distance before vaporizing to the entrance to her brother Ferrak's domain... The Faded Halls. Addarra snapped and a dress formed around her frame, she loved wearing human court gowns. Addarra felt as though they made her more beautiful and more sophisticated, and to her they were just fun. "Dear Brother?" she yelled through the entrance. She with her manners wouldn't cross the thresh hold without his express permission. She waited patiently before calling out a second time, this time a little louder.

Lady_In_Red_by_ladylucrezia.jpg

Ferrak's eyes snapped open, thinking he'd heard his name echo through the halls of his library. Thinking nothing of it he started to concentrate once more until he heard it, clearer this time. He stood up with a large, toothy grin as he placed the voice to a face.

Ferrak took a running jump of the higher ledge his throne was perched upon, and landed just before the doorway. He walked through the doorway and down another short hallway, before peering his head around a corner, seeing Addarra standing by the entrance, a few Bearer's standing around her, bewildered.

"My dear sister!" He called out, "How wonderful of you to come and visit me! But my dear, you need not stand by the entrance, you are always welcome here!" He smiled warmly.

She rushed to her brother and gave him a warm hug. Oh how she missed spending time with him. "Brother! You know my manners in regards to thresholds." She said tapping him lightly on the nose. "Anyways I thought I would drop in and see how things are, considering we don't spend enough time together as is." She said recovering her composure. The Goddess looked around and recalled her brother's domain, it was dark and dim, though she liked it, it always seemed to giver her the creeps. She scrunched up her nose just thinking of some of the things in his domain, some of which scared her.

Ferrak gladly accepted her hug, unable to hold back his large grin.

"Of course! I do so love spending time with you, my darling." He beamed, "But I sense you are not quite comfortable here in my domain, would you prefer we travel somewhere more..pleasing?" He asked warmly.

I lead my new army to my castle and once we arrive they instantly fill the barracks meaning we would have to build another building and Vern had fixed up the castle and I soon appointed him my personal servant. One of the berserkers walked up to me and bowed introducing himself "hello my'lord I am Shinto Sharrak the second best champion of the arena and I was hoping that I could assist you in some way" he said. "Well you could help build another barracks." I say later he said that the barracks was in process of being built and it should be done soon. I appointed him as my berserker general, leader of my berserker squad. "I need to figure out were my next target is." I say talking into the pendant.

Addarra nodded to Ferrak, but froze once she heard Dominic's voice coming from the pendant. "My dear, to the north high in the mountains is a Coven, they are not powerful but are quite wealthy, convince them to join you and your power will grow. Be wary for they are not the only creatures that are in that area. A pack of rabid werebeasts are there as well. Arch enemies of your kind. Quell that threat and the Vampires may join willingly. Kill the vampires and you may make a new ally in the werebeasts. The choice is yours." She said before turning back to her brother. "A champion of mine. He wishes to unite the Vampires back in the lands bordering my domains in the name of peace. As for somewhere nice, anywhere but here if you don't mind. It is just a little scary to me," she said smiling to her brother. "No offense intended, of course," she added trying not to offend her brother. "Anywhere you wish to go?" she asked.

"I see, a peaceful vampire? I did not think I would live to see the day." He winked, "I take no offence in the least, my precious gem. I am afraid I do not know of a place that we may spend some time.." He spoke softly, thinking of somewhere to go, to no avail.

"It is settled then!" Domonic say to Vern and Shinto. "We shall leave at sunrise, it may take a few days to get there but well manage." Dominic say smiling "As you wish my'lord, I'll gather up half of the army while the other half build and protect the castle." Shinto says I walk into my room and lay on the bed as Dominic slowly drift away into sleep dreaming of his next adventure.

Ferrak's eyes sparked open, a thought hit him like a tonne of bricks, "Come with me sister, I know just the place!"

Ferrak reached out his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back