• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

Vyork did not realize as he took flight, one of the servants of the ancient dragon spotted him take flight towards one of the ancient's hunting grounds. The servant ran towards it's master to inform them. This upstart young dragon would be put in his place. @ Vyork Ashfin

On the windswept snow covered grounds outside the temple the man Ruprecht prepared to do battle with the hooded creature following him outside of the temple. "I am hardly here to fight you old one," the hooded figure's masculine voice cracked and wavered as if burdened by great age. "Had I wished to battle you I would have challenged you before you came into the town. I merely am here to give you a delivery." The hooded figure pulled forth his blade, which was broken in half upon closer inspection, and tossed it to the old warriors feet. The figure pulled forth a carefully folded piece of paper and flicked it towards the large man. The figure turned to leave, but the cloak and hood simply fell as if the person beneath just disappeared. The magical aura of the area flicked as the figure from beneath the hood floated away ((Dunno if Ruprecht can sense magic but that happened)) @Maven

Flamebane sat atop the summit of the volcano, the flame elemental indicating the man running out of another volcano. Flamebane took flight, landing in front of his powerful master. "Daddy-Master! It's been so long, I've woken up from swirling around the core, Lord Avonch told me some things I'm supposed to tell to you. Lord Avonch wants you to create armor of living plasma and a blade of the same to bestow upon a favoured mortal. Lord Avonch also wants you to remember to use your ability to create living stars and living plasma before you forget how. Lord Avonch will tell me more things to tell you soon. As you recall I'm the conduit between you and Avonch Daddy-Master, and once connected to you again you will regain the ability to superheat particles to the point of infinite entropy or infinite heat. You can also let me take over your responsibilities whenever you can't tend to them and you don't need to give me any extra power to do it. What do you want me to do now Daddy-Master?" Flamebane excitedly moves around quickly elaborating to Ignis. @fire master

((Your advisors are now your characters, Avonch will occasionally talk to you through them))

Ferrak returned to his domain, his mood uplifted from not having to take lives but instead being able to save them. He soared above his plain, wings outstretched to there fullest, gliding along the winds. When all of a sudden, a burst of energy hit him, temporarily halting his flight, he took a dive towards the ground and made a rough landing.

"Yikes..what in the hell is the old fella doin' now?" He thought to himself, arising to his feet and folding his wings behind his back.

One of his Bearers came running up to him, pulling at Ferrak's trouser leg to get his attention. A few high pitched squeals came out of the hooded figures mouth. A small smirk came across Ferrak's face.

"I see. Then I guess it's time to get back home then eh?" He winked at the Bearer, picking it up and jumping up into the air, jets of smoke fluctuating between colours streaming out of the souls of his feet, a trail being left in the sky across the land.

Ferrak hovered above the Faded Halls for a few seconds before dive bombing towards the ground, landing in a small explosion of white mist that completely covered him. The Bearer that he was carrying stumbled out of the mist, waddling away around the corner kind of dizzy, getting straight back to work. The god stood there at the entrance of his Halls, staring down at the creature that was heading towards him.

A cluster of body parts from various creatures and beings, constantly dying and being renewed, the dead limbs falling to the ground and decaying into nothingness.

"Hello there, my dear Deitra." Ferrak smiled.

Addarra was pleased to hear the Avonch was returning her abilities. "You may thank Lord Avonch for me, and let him know that I will get on to the making of the Golems though I will need to know if they will be kept here as another line of defense or if they will be sent elsewhere. Also the armor for my dear dragon, I am very please and very very grateful that she is coming home." Addarra spoke to Vahdin with a mellow tone, glad that things were returning to normal. "Now you may go Vahdin and let him know," she said nodding and with that Vahdin disappeared to Avonch's location to inform of the Goddess' intentions.

Addarra descended the steps to the deepest forge in the Stronghold, her own personal forge. A great gilded forge stood on the wall, this was special and drew it's heat from the core of the planet itself. She lit the fires, and the lights in the room came on. They were blue crystals that on her command would illuminate the room, giving off a subtle yet pleasing bluish hue to everything. She immediately began forging the armor. Made from Elysian metal, the second strongest substance in existence which only she knew the recipe to. The armor would take weeks to make, during which time only Vahdin and her most trusted companions would be allowed into the Great Forge, bearing witness to the power of the Goddess of Earth and Moon. As for the Golems, she would need further instructions as to their purpose in order to specially make each one.

She wondered how her kin fared, and knew that once her duties here were finished she would hold some sort of Grand Ball or Party in the rebuilt Stronghold in which they would be invited. She missed them dearly and wished them all well. Sending for a little of her energy to each to let each know that she missed them and loved them dearly.

Deitra ambled towards the floating god with a skip in her step. "Master! It's about time you I found yourself, I just crawled up out of the ground and Lord Avonch has some words he told me to pass to you. Lord Avonch wants you to make some organic, undying armor and a weapon of similar design. Lord Avonch wants you to remember you can breathe life into unliving objects and that you can repair damaged souls. The Overgod will speak to you again pretty soon, through me. I'm sure you remember that I'm a bridge between yourself and Lord Avonch and once I'm connected to you again you'll regain the lovely ability to make living creatures out of pure energy, a pure element and undying creatures. I can also take over your extensive responsibilities fully and you don't have to waste any energy allowing me to do so. So what do you need me to do then now ol' Master?" She said as both her arms rotted off and were replaced by eagle wings. @Maven

Avonch felt the words from Vahdin keenly and sent the advisor a quick response. "You can make the golems however you like Addarra, they are not difficult to make and can be used for many tasks, all I ask is that you create some to aid you." Avonch had retreated to his domain between the layers of reality observing the status of the universe, attempting to repair the few damages done. The planet that was soul torn, was repaired, those who were given other-sickness, healed, and the other creature was returned to it's home unharmed. "That poor creature, I can't imagine how scared it was and how horrible we seemed to it. Hopefully no more come through to experience such horrors" Avonch thought. Avonch continued working.....

Ruprecht stared numbly at the hood as it floated away with hardly a breeze to carry it. The Lantknecht were not an inherently magical people, and any changes in the magical field around any of them was ignored if it was even noticed at all, so the flicker on the snowy foothill went unnoticed by the large man dumbly watching a hood flutter away. "I had only heard stories of this sort of thing. A bladegeist, like the one that visited the last champion of Lantknecht." One of the temple maidens said breathlessly from the door to the temple proper. Ruprecht reached down and picked up the pieces of the blade and the folded paper, looking up at the temple maiden and shaking his head. "I doubt this is like your children's fables. I don't know what that thing was, or whose sword this is, but I do know that I'm going to fix it once I make it back up to Lantknecht. Hardly an hour's walk from here to a decent forge and any equipment I'd need to set about getting this repaired." He snapped, rising back to his full height and staring at the woman through his helmet. The maiden shook her head and pointed towards the sword. "You're wrong, pilgrim. That was a geist, and it was a portentous thing to happen to you. You will have to answer for it when you get home, mark my words." The maiden shook her head again and returned to the temple while Ruprecht grumbled and set off towards a well-worn, twisting path up to the top of the mountain.

"Ah, brother, your reputation precedes you! I assume you're headed straight for the forge, then? Here, let me take your old blade. I'm sure your daughter would love to own an heirloom. Especially one with this significant of an event attached to it, ohoho!" A man said loudly, clapping Ruprecht on the shoulder and laughing. "I'd hardly call this old thing an heirloom, Ludvik, nor would I call what happened significant. It was wizard, nothing more. This will probably turn out to be more trouble than it's worth." Ruprecht grumbled as his brother relieved him of his sword. "Speaking of Gywn, did she make it home safely? Her mother would kill me if she hurt herself on the way back, even if she did refuse to come with me." He continued as Ludvik examined the edge of the sword critically. "Hm? Gwyn? Yes, she's here. Your wife has been preening and primping herself to attend the ceremony later. First dire beast slain, and only two cycles! You should be proud, brother. Even I went three cycles before I found something that could be called dire, and you only found that troll when you were trying for shelter and found it taken!" Ludvik laughed again and walked off with Ruprecht's sword against his wishes, headed towards his brother's house to present Gwyndol with the blade. Ruprecht, on the other hand, sighed and set off towards one of the communal forges, unfolding the paper with one hand and half reading it as he set the blade pieces down on a work bench and prepared himself to repair the mysterious sword.

I awake dazed and confused of my surroundings as I stand and dust myself off. I lay my and on my holster and pull out my gun and cock it the holster it. I pick up the staff laying next to me and remember who I am.....I am a vampire I thought with a smirk and spread my wings

"Hello anybody there?" I yelled. I was at what seemed to be a harbour under the beaming sun. The smell if seawater drifted to his nose as he inhaled the sea air.

Addarra had decided to take a break from making the armor and visit one of the human cities. The City of Vallencourt stood upon the shores of the Azure Sea. The ocean smelled wonderful and the day was gorgeous. She had decided some time off would be nice. She had dictated that Vahdin would run things for a while overseeing the daily workings of her realm and her plane. She needed time to contemplate all that had happened. The city was ruled by Queen Alexandra (VI) of House Hyacinth, a steadfast ally of the Goddess and lifelong friend (in terms of the Queen's life).

Empire_City_by_gamefan84.jpg

rennaissance_city_by_lingonb-d6xrqx9.jpg

Dominic felt a great presence up north. He started torwards the gate of the leaping lion to try And locate the source.

Addarra made her way through the city gate that was called "Gate of the Leaping Lion," she had opted for walking instead of riding in her carriage today, as the day was just so beautiful and she wanted to be able to stop at stalls without causing much inconvenience for the people. She wore one of her lavish dresses that her tailors made for her constantly. She was also wearing her crown of golden laurel leaves which had a sapphire inset in the center. Two of her Deinmaar who were morphed into humans were acting as her guards. She approached one of the stalls of a toy merchant and say a little boy and a woman who looked like his mother walking past. The boy broke free from his mother's grasp and ran to the stall and looked at the toys. "Andrew come here," the woman said. The boy just turned to his mother and pointed at the toys. "Andrew you know that your father doesn't make enough money for such things. Maybe if you're good you can get one in a month at the festival," the woman said moving towards her son. No child should be without enjoyment. Addarra thought to herself. She walked up to the stall as the little boy began to cry softly to himself, clearly trying to avoid making a scene. His mother just knelt down brushing the boys hair out of his face and hold him. Addarra turned back to the stall keeper who was watching this and seemed moved. "This one please," Addarra said picking up a toy horse the boy had been looking at. "Well mum, arn't yu a nice one. Tat'll be copper ifn you please," the stallkeeper said with broken common speech. The goddess handed the women the copper and took the horse and turned to the little boy and knelt down and outstretched her arm with the toy in hand. "Here you go little one," she said. The boys face seemed confused before he finally and gently took the toy and looked to his mother then back to the goddess, "Thank you miss," he said now smiling happily to himself. "May the goddess bless you milady, thank you, you don't know how much this means to my boy," his mother said taking the goddess' hands in hers and tears came to her eyes. "You are most welcome, and please take this," the goddess gave the woman with a pouch full of gold coins. "Milady I can't take this! This is too much," the woman said as tears fell. "Please this is what I can do, just spend it well and make sure he is happy," Addarra said motioning to the little boy. With that the woman curtsied and thanked the goddess again before leaving with her now happy child. The goddess just smiled to herself, and continued walking down the street.

galadriel_inspired_gown_by_lillyxandra-d7usrgz.jpg

As Dominic stretches his wings he notices all of the buildings around him, some tall with red roofs and some small with blue roofs, but regardless the buildings seemed to have a majestic glow as the sun reflected and shined its light off of the shingles. The cobble road that was leading up to the gate was occupied by several vendors, but one in specific caught his eye. The vendor was one that sold toys but the reason that it was special was the fact that a woman with a beautiful, eloquent dress was making and exchange there. I hid around a corner as he watched the woman give a boy a toy from the vendor, she must have the up most generosity. She seemed very important in the eyes of Dominic and she seemed to be the source of the power. When she approached he was compelled to kneel for the woman, and he did as he awaited her response.

Addarra was thrown off guard when a man, young and handsome knelt before her. None here save for the Queen and a handful knew the human appearance of the goddess so she assumed this man was here for some kind of request. She was dressed like a noble. People began to stare and attention was being drawn to them she decided to act. "Rise young man and tell me who you are," she said with a calm voice full of grace. He was handsome his black hair and his youth. She was keenly interested in who he was and what as she sensed a darkness, a power coming from within him. Something that she hadn't felt in a long time. A vampire, my how long it has been since one of their kind was before me. Few survived the purging by the humans after the war. She waited for him to speak.

Aura had been traveling through the skies in her storm form, preferring the chance to think about all that had transpired. She was so lost in thought that not only had she been oblivious to the prayers of some but also the many of her Valkyrie guarding her realm calling out for her. If he hadn't been for the few traveling with her she'd probably not come to her senses. Something was in her realm and it penetrated her kingdom with ease. If this is anything other than Avonch itself, so help it for I will tear it to shreds. She set off with haste and arrived at the top of the mountain to find a few of the Valkyries flying back from a multitude of directions due to being blasted all over the place. Keeping in true form she looked for any signs of the intruder until she spotted a large, cedar chest in her main hall. A flash filled the room and she was in her human form once again, the fair lady laden with silk clothing. A spark of lightning shot from her hand at the chest and it flew open revealing the two objects inside. A whip similar to lightning in a way and a bandolier that glowed both red and orange in its various parts which reflected off the silver metal of which it was made. Power most definitely surged through the two artifacts and she could tell it was left by Avonch. Alas, she had missed him.

A small gasp left her lips as she felt a large amount of her power leave only moments later. What could've caused a loss that extreme?! Are these damned artifacts cursed? Aura questioned a little too worried to think to check exactly what had happened. Warmth began to come over her as the power of Avonch reached her realm and everything in it. Whatever had caused the loss of power was surely being handled by Avonch, she thought. At least she hoped anyway, with the power he had just expelled himself and the fact she felt him borrowing an ounce more of hers. Picking up the artifacts from the chest and holding onto them securely, she transformed back into her true form along with the items hiding in the depths of her storm. It was smaller than before due to her loss in power but still able to bring about Hell's Wrath in storm. Another presence had entered the room and the many Valkyrie swarmed to block it's path until told otherwise by Aura. Laughter had echoed throughout her chamber as she turned to look at the humanoid-like form of storm. "It's been a while, aye?" Aura called out toward her almost forgetting she had existed. It was a pleasure to see her old pal, an Advisor.

"I am Dominic, mylady, and I have sensed a great power in you, one that only creatures like I am attracted are to, and we vampires are one of the very few who can sense this power. You are a great divine, a deity, a...goddess. I don't mean to expose you to the public but might you be willing to be my patron, mylady?" Dominic said hopefully.

There, it was confirmed this was a Vampire. "Dominic, I do like that name." She said contemplating how this vampire had payed her much respect due to her station. By now many had noticed him and she decided to take them to her estate just outside the city. With a flash of light the Goddess transported Dominic and herself to her sanctuary within her estate, her guards had been placed outside the doors to prevent any kind of interruptions from happening. "I have brought us to the Sanctuary within my estate, not far from the city we were just in. You have asked me, the Goddess of Earth and Moon to be your patron. You are a noble creature of the night, an immortal, a vampire. Your kind, are few in number and perhaps you know this and perhaps you do not. Your kind perished mostly in the retribution following the War of Night, that your kind launched to enslave the populace of this great continent. Your kind lost to the humans and then were nearly wiped out. Most think vampires are all gone. I know they are not, but alas it has been far too long since any had come before me. Enough of this history lesson, why should I be a patron to you? What makes you worthy of my divine favor?" The Goddess asked. It was a serious matter to ask a deity for their favor, their blessings. This was a young vampire, a noble creature, one that was few in numbers these days. She was curious to what his answer would be.

altar_by_pjmfin-d5bbxr9.jpg

"Mylady it would be a prestigious honor to have your blessing for I see the future if my kind being ruled by you in peace and prosperity. For far too long my brothers have made foolish decisions, nearly wiping us all out into extinction! So therefore I want you to give me your blessing to lead a new era for my kind, the vampires." Dominic said to the goddess.

This surprised Addarra, never had a vampire asked for peace. Their race was ruled by the clans that were either fighting each other or the humans. They had only ever asked for her favor to go to war or to lead but never to lead the way to peace. Even when the war ended they asked her to shame the humans to hinder them, so vampires could somehow win. "What clan are you?" she asked as this mattered dearly. "If you answer honestly and you mean what you say then I will give you my blessing and I can give your kind a place to live, within my realm away from the humans so as to avoid any kind of provocation." she said. Addarra hoped that Dominic was sincere as this would mean that a once great race could enter a new era of prosperity. "Unless you wish to settle elsewhere, maybe in the mountains to the north of here, still that wouldn't be far from my realm." she said. The Dragon's Spine Mountains had been the home a once great Vampire Kingdom ruled by the clans and enjoyed prosperity until the clan joined for war against the humans.

"I am nothing but a lone wolf hoping to bring peace about my kin and the humans, but if I receive your blessing then I shall create a kingdom or at least a sanctuary for my people and then then I shalt be forever in debt to you mylady we will be a standing army for you after I bring my kind back from extinction."

"You don't belong to a Clan?" she said her voice slightly high pitched. "You are daring, brave and some would say foolish for trying and even attempting to unite your kin without being in a Clan," She didn't know what to say, she was shocked to say the least. "You have my blessing, but if you break your words and unite your kin to gain retribution on the humans, then I will personally see that you and your kin are eliminated once and for all. We just fought a great struggle against beings of another reality, I will not have the fragile peace destroyed. If you need anything simply hold this close to your chest and talk, I will hear you and if you need me then I will come to you. It is a sign that you are now in my service, your kin should at least honor that." She handed Dominic a moonstone pendant. It was small and on a silver chain. "This will shine if I am calling to you, you are now to been known as a Pahgein. That is your title in reference to society, though when you are ruler in your Kingdom you may take whatever title you wish to your kin and others, but to me you are a Pahgein of the Night. It means Unity in the language of the ancients. For now you may use a castle that is abandoned but in good shape in the Dragonspine Mountains to the north of here if you wish. You may also take a horse for the travel. Dominic I believe you are going to do great things, just remember what you're doing and who you are doing it for." Addarra said smiling and planting a kiss on the young vampire's forehead symbolizing her Blessing upon him.

"I see.." Ferrak replied quietly, thinking about the vast amount of things he could make, and smiled, "Then I shall start as soon as I have tended to my young friend! I have but one thing to request of you my dear friend, and that is your help in keeping the balance. I, of course, will still be doing my part, but a little support would be a big help!"

Ferrak shot a wink towards Deitra and motioned for her to enter the Halls.

"Come now, my darling. You are most welcome to stay here for as long as you wish." He smiled warmly.

Deitra moved forwards, scuttling past Ferrak with some insect like legs, two of which fell and decayed as she walked through the doors.

"It's nice to be back in these big ol' halls." She chuckled, "It's been quite a long time, but I'm sure I'll remember my way. Off with you now, master!"

Deitra winked back at Ferrak before turning a corner, heading towards the throne room where she could start helping with Ferrak's godly duties.

Not long after Deitra left, Ferrak felt a warm feeling pass through his entire body, a feeling that he hadn't felt in quite a long time. He smiled, thinking back to his beloved sister, and sent a small surge of energy of his own as a form of reply. He had but a few more tasks to tend to before he could travel once more, maybe he could go and visit them..

He walked into his Halls and travelled to a small room underneath the great building. The walls were covered in what seemed to be bark, these were in fact roots, coming from the bottom of the structure above. As he entered the small room, the roots started writhing and roiling, seemingly moving backwards and outwards, revealing a larger room. In this room was a writing desk, a large elaborately decorated chair, on one of the walls were pinned large and small pieces of paper, scrawled on them were drawings and descriptions of various creatures that walked the earth.

Ferrak took a seat in the chair and started thinking about his latest task.

He bows to the goddess "thank you mylady, you will not regret this I promise you that. I shall head to the castle at once and think of a plan." He said as he walked out and noticed a horse. The horse was black with orange eyes matching his outfit.
825c0c5f7c49ab851a7d83c8065eb558.jpg
He wished the horse to be named shade. He mounted the horse and observed the pendant it was beautiful and smooth felt magical and sleek to the touch. With that he yelled "Heyaa!" And Dominic and Shade were off towards the castle in the mountains.

Addarra stood on the balcony of her estate, watching as her Pahgein rode towards the Castle. She would keep a close eye on him to make sure this didn't get out of hand. For the time being she would also need to conceal his efforts so that any zealous humans didn't get the idea to massacre what few remaining vampire were left. She departed her estate once Dominic was out of sight, and in a flash was back in the city. She continued walking throughout the city performing acts of charity here and there, she would go visit Ferrak at some point she decided but was unsure of when to do so. The time would come though, that she was sure of.

Dominic after several hours of riding him and shade see the beautiful castle. They cross the bridge and gallop up to the castle then they halt. Dominic dismounts shade and walks up to a skeleton. He sees a sword laying beside it and picks it up and sheathes it across his back for he had to be ready for anything.
a26c87798f7fc4160ab49a6c0e2489f5.jpg
He then enters through the doors and is almost knocked down by the beautiful interior design. He thought to himself and it is all mine. But be also needed to stay focused at the task at hand. He said as he walked down the hallway.
ea4b5cc3153de463197c1462a5a379f3.jpg

After a few days, Ferrak emerged from the small room in the basement, a large smile across his face. He hopped up the stairs with two new items on him. Slipped in his belt was what looked like the hilt of a sword, but upon closer look the handle was a short spinal cord, covered with a thin layer of dark blue skin, and the hilt was a small mouth, ripped in placed, some bone like shards were piercing the skin in places. The hilt was moving around a little, almost purring. In his hand he held a small black crystal, one end was chiselled into a dome like shape, the other into a sharp spike, thinner than the rest of the crystal.

Ferrak slid the crystal into his pocket and ran towards a section of the library, where Sita sat reading some of the books.

"Hello, sweetheart." He smiled as she looked up from her latest read. "I do hope you are enjoying your stay, but I am afraid you will soon have to depart this place. I cannot keep you here forever, as much as I would love to." His smile stiffened a little.

She looked down and smiled a little, "I know..I've loved being here though..Thank you."

Ferrak walked over and gave her a brief hug, "You don't have to go right now though, is there anything you would like to do while your here?"

"Can..I come with you?" She asked quietly.

"Of course you can, darling." He smiled in reply, "Come along, I must speak with my advisor!"

Ferrak skipped out of the library and headed to the throne room looking for Deitra, Sita not far behind. There in the large, well decorated room, sat on his throne, was the constantly changing creature that had helped him ever so much.

"Hello there, Deitra!" He smiled warmly, "I've finished my masters task, and hope that you could inform him please."

Sita stood in awe of Deitra, she'd never seen a creature quite like this before, no one had.

Ingis told flamebane " come with me we can set to making that sword and armor, Avonch has nothing to worry about I won't forget my fire skills." He shrink flamebane so he could make the jounery in Ingis volcano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back