• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between!

The humanoid storm flew at Aura and did something that could only be described as a hug onto Aura's form. "My Lady, how I've missed you, Lord Avonch has awoken me with words to tell you. Lord Avonch wishes you to create a set of armor made of pure lightning and the essence of storm and a weapon of the same. He also want's to remind you of your ability to create air pockets in space and your ability to make super powered lightning in your storms. As I'm sure my Lady remembers, Lord Avonch uses me to connect to you and that by connecting with me you will regain the ability to create bolts of Eternal Lightning as you wish. Lord Avonch will speak to you soon My Lady. I can take over your responsibilities whenever you need too and you will retain your power. What would you wish of me My Lady?" The humanoid mass of wind spoke in a melodious female voice with a hint of a flirty tone. @MrLlama

The note that Ruprecht held in reading was written in a very studious handwriting. The note said that the blade that he currently held was one of great power that would only manifest to those of great valor, bravery and repute. At his current level of favour with the weapon he could access it's most basic ability, Shapeshifting. The note detailed that all he had to do was think of a weapon he wished the blade to be and flick his wrist, it should then take the form of what he was imagining. The note goes on to say that the more rare and dangerous the beast he kills, the more powerful abilities he will gain access too. The note closes by saying that this mysterious patron looks forward to Ruprecht's progress and signed the note with simply a G. @Uncle ShortyB

Ruprecht's brow furrowed as he re-read the note more closely. "Blade of great power? Shapeshifting?" He shook his head, hardly believing the words written on the paper he held. "This isn't possible. Not even Sigurd, first of the Lantknecht, had something of this nature, and he was a king with an armory as vast as the deep halls. I simply refuse to believe this weapon works like this note claims." Ruprecht said aloud, not noticing the curious crowd of other hunters and smiths that gradually drifted to watch him work. He gathered a few items from around the forge he felt he'd need to repair the blade, despite his own suspicions on whether the blade would prove to be even slightly safe once repaired, and removed his helmet. With an unrestricted field of view, Ruprecht finally noticed the growing crowd of people around the forge and sighed loudly. "You're all being unreasonable. That was no bladegeist, this is not a magical blade, and I am hardly a champion of Lantknecht just because a wizard is trying to kill me with a false sword. You will all be sorely disappointed." Ruprecht said loudly, trying to drown out the murmurs of disbelief and insistence on the quality of the blade and failing.

Somewhat displeased with the state of affairs, Ruprecht set about actually repairing the blade of the sword on the bench. The blade heated up well enough by conventional methods, but any attempts to fuse the broken blade into one cohesive sword found themselves either breaking apart at the slightest touch or not working at all. Repeated failure eventually drove the crowd into a frenzy, chanting for Ruprecht to accept the state of the blade and to just pick it up. Even his brother Ludvik joined in, yelling repeatedly for Ruprecht to just pick up the blade and picture it whole again and eventually causing Ruprecht to yell over the already deafening crowd. "If there was such a thing as a bladegeist, and a blade that only responds to valor, why in the name of the Skyweaver and all the Gods would it come to me?!" Ruprecht screamed, picking up the half-blade by the hilt and jabbing it at the ground. The crowd, and several parts of Lantknecht that didn't quite get the news of Ruprecht's good fortune, fell silent, with the crowd staring at the now fully repaired blade in his hand. "I hardly thought such a thing as a broken blade would be enough to get you all acting like children despite your own histories! Frankly, I feel more than mortified for each of you, so you can just keep your shame stored away until you feel like dealing with a sword that cannot be repaired! This was all just a horrid prank by some wizard, and we should have all known that from the start!" Ruprecht continued, lowering his voice and jabbing the tip of the sword into the hard stone of the floor again before falling silent at the sudden resistance from the blade in his hand.

"Ruprecht... You're the new champion. Like it or not, you've got duties to fulfill; your runes must be etched into the wall, your line must be recorded properly, and your great hunt starts now. I know you still don't accept that this is your fate, but it cannot be changed. Now get out of your father's tomb and go watch your daughter get her first pilgrimage rune or I swear on the Skyweaver herself that I will drag you out of there by your toenails." A tall redheaded woman spoke evenly, staring into a tomb and at the kneeling form of Ruprecht, who slowly rose to his feet and turned. "I understand that it cannot be changed, but I do not understand why I was chosen for this. Out of all the Lantknecht, I would hardly call myself the strongest, the smartest, or even the most agile. The only thing I am more than anyone else is reckless; I threw myself into the sea to hunt a beast that was only assumed to exist, and my first pilgrimage kill was in close contact with a troll that I found in its den. None of these things fit the standard set by the champions before me." Ruprecht replied, slight tinges of frustration in his voice as he put his helmet back on his head. His wife sighed and grabbed Ruprecht by the arm, leading him into a large chamber to watch Gwyn get her first pilgrimage tattoo, as well as to begin the lengthy process that would ultimately name Ruprecht as one of the champions of the Lantknecht.

He sat thinking not knowing where to start. At that moment he recalled the legend of the castle, many secrets and traps. He walked down a flight of stairs and it led to a wall with a carving of an ancient vampire king. To the right of the wall was a pedastool with a red tipped needle resting on it. Almost as if Dominic knew what was about to happen, he took the needle and pricked his finger and drops a drop of blood on the pedastool. When the drop hits the pedastool it evaporated into purple smoke and the wall opened and a dark hallway appeared as he walk down the stairs his skin grew cold. And soon he stumbled upon a light, the light illuminates a stone tomb and a crown upon it. Dominic reaches for the crown as a voice yells "Halt! Thou shalt not lay a hand upon the kings crown!"

Addarra had enjoyed her much needed vacation. What an interesting one it had been aswell. Meeting a vampire who was wanting to reunite his people. Quite an interesting prospect. She returned to her Stronghold and immediately began setting about the requests by Avonch. The armor was cast and would be fitted to the dragon when she returned from her little flight. As for the Golems, Addarra would create five kinds. The First would be called Kendov -- Warriors in the Ancient Language. They would serve as the forces of the Goddess of Earth and Moon for times beyond her realm.

The second would be called Stavhadroz -- Speallweavers in the Ancient Language. They would serve as the Mages of the Realm, using magic to defend the realm and to aid the Goddess when necessary in matters of the arcane. The third would be called Vahraan -- Healers in the Ancient Language. They would act as medics and doctors of the Goddess' realm and to serve as Medical Envoys to the Kingdoms on the planet when they were needed. The fourth would be called Finofaniik -- Will Giver in the Ancient Language. They would act as her speakers, her listeners in her Temples and Shrines. They would protect her altars and stand vigilantly as the guardians to her shrines. The fifth and final kind would be called Kroson -- Workers in the Ancient Language. They would serve as the grunts, the builders, the miners, anything menial labor wise would be done by this group of Golems. The Goddess set about making hundreds, then thousands of these creatures. Each caste was being made simultaneously. She would need another vacation after this as it was beginning to drain large quantities of her energy. They would go to all corners of her realm, then disperse into the Universe. Only the Finofaniiks would actually leave her realm this time, as they had to go to each Shrine to the Goddess and to each of her Temples throughout the Universe. Her reach and power was expanding because of this and this would ensure that she would not be caught off guard as easily. Time seemed to stand still while she worked... though she knew that was just her feeling of enjoyment in creating this Golems.

He turned around startled by the voice "step away by thy lords crown or I shalt strike you down!" The pale man said "Now to why tis' there a soul down here? I own this estate now." The man just looked at him and hissed showing fangs. "Leave now or face the fate if death coward, but if thou shalt not commit to thy commands then be prepared to face thee!" The man exclaimed. "Thou art a vampire as well, as am I brother !" Dominic said excitedly for this was the first vampire he had met other than his father before him. "I see... Well then I shalt be called Vernan Omanist, servant to the fallen king." The man introduced. " I am Dominic son of Roxus, the new vampire king." I said as I put on the crown and seathed my sword.

North of the lands of the Lantknecht, atop a towering snow covered mountain, a beast of immense terror stirred. A primordial Hydra, with only nine small heads making it young, wandered out of an enormous cave near the mountaintop. The beast could easily destroy an entire city by itself, even with only the short necks and small heads it currently possessed. The beast's scales shone bright, immaculate white against the blowing snow and ice as it walked out of it's lair. The beast had been hibernating for the past 50 years and was very hungry now that it was awake again. Each of it's nine heads scanned a different piece of the horizon looking for somewhere to find some food. To the south there seemed to be a settlement of some sort and where there a settlements, there are food. The Hydra was no mindless beast though and decided to observe the settlements workings for an hour or so before making it's attack. Despite the fact that the Hydra had so many limbs and nine separate brain segments, it was extremely stealthy and well coordinated, the fact that it's near impenetrable scales save for enchanted weapons may have caused the big increase in it's confidence. The Hydra waited outside the settlement on a hill watching the village below. @Uncle ShortyB

((I'll make another post with the rest of what I should have written in the morning))

"Then to whom shalt I refer you to?" The Vern asked "The almighty vampire king, blessed by the mighty addarra, to bring peace to the vampires." I replied. "Thou art insane how does thou expect to bring peace among the peace less, my lord." He said referring to me as his lord "That is what I'm trying to figure out but I need to start the vampire council and I assume you have joined so I will need a little help." I said looking at the pendant around my neck.

Feeling a warm sensation come over her, she knew that her vampire Pahgriin was summoning her. She immediately transported to where he was using the pendant as a sort of beacon to focus on. She saw that Dominic was now wearing a crown and wielding a sword. She snapped her fingers and her robe gave way to beautifully crafted golden armor that bore the ancient runes of the Earth and Moon Goddess. "Are you in need of something my dear Pahgriin. For I have sensed that you needed me." Addarra said looking at the other vampire present.

He kneeled to the goddess and said "yes I am in need of your services mylady, I would like to request the locations of most of the still living vampires in the world, for how am I to bring peace by myself. I shalt make a council to help me plan and negotiate with the rouge vampires and others who try to stop, threaten or oppose us." He requested with great respect.

Addarra was pleased that he had knelt before her. He seemed to know his place and that had pleased her. "Rise my child, and listen carefully," she said as she brought Dominic to his feet. "Your kin are scattered far and wide throughout the world. Take these relics I give to you, they will allow you many feats that you would be otherwise unable to do." She formed three items. "The first I give to you is a ring, prick your finger and drop some blood on this crystal and you will be transported where other vampires are." she handed Dominic the ring, it was gold and was inlaid with a red gemstone. "The second I give to you is this coin purse, it will always contain the local currency so as to allow you to move about without having to steal or coerce the people, for they too have my protections." She handed him a leather coin purse. "The third and final artifact is the greatest and most powerful that I care to offer you at this time. This dagger will kill any who stand in your way with one blow, be them man or beast, but has no effect on myself or another divine or those who dwell within my realm. Use this wisely as it will drain a little of your energy with each use." She handed Dominic a gilded dagger made from metals that only she knew the name of. The blade was a light blue while there were designs of runes engraved on the blade. The hilt was gilded and was black as night with some diamonds inlaid into it forming the shape of a moon.

"You are my chosen one to lead your people. You have my blessing and my attention, use it wisely. A Council would be a good start, and will quell some of the more peaceful clans, those that will not join you, you must challenge their Master to a duel to win their support and their loyalty. Beware though humans and elves will not take too kindly to rumors of a new Vampire Kingdom and will seek the truth. I will intervene when called but I am curious to see if you can handle yourself. Your people are a shadow of their former selves, you have no armies, no magic, and no strong walls. The humans and elves have each. Be careful young one, for your trials begin anew. Go now and forge a new future for you and your kin, one that is great and one that is peaceful!" The Goddess smiled to Dominic.

"We are most gracious mylady, I promise when this is done you will be very pleased." He said as he stood up and put on the ring and feel a sudden urge of power, next he ties the purse to his belt, and finally he seathed the dagger. He walked over to Vern and tell him to watch over and fix up the lair while hes gone. He walked over to a table and picked up a map, a satchel and a bow with a quiver of arrows, just to be safe. He walks up the stairs and closes the secret door to the lair behind him, then he walks through the entrance way and shade is standing obediently awaiting his masters orders. He pets shade then mounts him, takes out the needle with the red tip and pricks his finger and drops the blood on the ring. The ring flashes red faster then faster then faster until it stops and he is outside of what looks like a barbarian encampment but the banners are different. Its a vampire berserk camp, just like barbarians but they are vampirific, led by Drake Al Mukal, the berserker vampire leader. "Well this should be fun." He says to himself

Addarra returned to her Stronghold to continue her work on the Golems. She was nearly done by this point and more than eight thousand had been created. Most were those that were being sent outside her realm to guard the Shrines and Temples of the Goddess. The next most came equally from those who would serve as a Defensive Army and those who would be considered Laborers. Then the Arcane Scholars and the Medical Golems would make up the final bracket. Once everything was done she decided she would go visit the Faded Halls the home of one of her dear brothers. Ferrak best be pleased to see me when I arrive, she said aloud to herself. Though that would still be many days away. She decided to make a nice even fifteen thousand Golems before calling it a quits on this no longer "little" project of hers.

Her realm had been restored and the Stronghold had been not only rebuilt but overhauled to add more defensive capabilities both on the outside and the inside. She would also be traveling the Human and Elven Kingdoms sometime in the near future to see how their societies were developing, as well as answering the prayers of her followers. She was benevolent, though long ago deep in her past she had been less merciful to those who did not live the life that she deemed worthy, many perished but those days were just that... long ago. She hoped Dominic would be successful in his mission as she desired to have the Vampires restored to their former glory and she hoped Dominic would be able to make their glory greater than ever, though she knew not how to approach this topic with the Kings and Queens of the human realms for few of them would be willing to sit idly by and watch this Kingdom of the Night take shape. Though she was their Goddess and ultimately they would follow her will, she wished to not make it come to that. Addarra smiled as more Golems were finished. She was pleased that things had taken a nicer turn since that Creature had left.

He dismounted shade outside of the berserker encampment and walked through the entrance of the camp. As soon as he entered the camp two hulk like vampire berserkers held him up by their giant war axes. "Who are you and what are you doing here." The one on the right growled. "I am King Domonic, Lord of the vampires and I am here to challenge your leader to a duel and if I win you must join me into my new kingdom for peace for all vampires.

Vyork dived towards the ground and snatched a dear from the forest floor. He ate it and continued to fly around before returning to his fortress. The dragon began to draw inscriptions on the walls and read plenty of tomes to catch up on some history that he was robbed of as a hatchling. After reading some books he walked towards an overlook and watched the ground beneath his fortress as life went on as normal and boring as it usually did. He thought back to the note he found when he had awoken and shook his head. "What a stupid trick, do they think that im a fool?" Vyork walked back into the fortress and into his library where he continued to read.

Outside the home of the dragon Vyork a small army of lizard men and kobolds marched as their master, a red dragon the size of a keep, approached the fortress with steps that boomed with every footfall. The dragon's minions knocked on the door to get the attention of the other dragon. @Maven

At the center of the universe, where none save Avonch has travelled, lies an enormous black hole the size of a galaxy. Within that black hole is a creature too powerful to be drawn towards the center, but not conscious enough to escape the immense gravity. However, after recent events, the creature has begun shifting slowly outwards, out of the gravity well. The other gods have never been to the center of the universe, much too fearful to approach something that Avonch hesitates to be near. After moving the distance of a planet away from the center of the gravity well the creature ceased it's outward shift...... for now.......

Deep within an enormous asteroid a beast awoke. It escaped the asteroid shell with an explosive shake. What remained underneath the shattered asteroid crust was what could best be described as an enormous space dolphin with a hide of purple with a gleaming gloss of yellowish liquid. This enormous space dolphin ate some nearby asteroids due to it's hunger. It then decided to orient itself by exploring nearby space.

Lord Avonch left its domain and transformed into a wolf pup with a piece of blue cloth across it's neck. As a pup, Avonch flew off in a direction that had very little in it.

Ferrak walked Sita out of the Halls, having been told to keep hold of the items. The two walked through the vast plain of grass, his good mood being accompanied by the grass that was close to death around him, being rejuvenated with each of his steps. The small hummingbird that he'd created a while ago, jumped out of his pocket and started hovering around him, and then Sita. Having only created the small creature in haste, his connection with it wasn't perfect, so he smiled and raised his hand, letting it land on a finger.

"Let's see what we can do about that.." He whispered to himself, placing another finger upon it's forehead.

A small glow illuminated the creatures face before seeming to disappear into it's feathers, coursing throughout it's body. The hummingbird took off into the air with much more speed, flying all over the place with this new found energy.

"What did you do?" Sita giggled as the small bird flew past her ear.

"I gave it a little more life." Ferrak smiled warmly, "Me and this lil' creature are now connected, wherever it is, I can sense it, whatever it can see, I have the ability to see."

Sita looked over to him and smiled, his attention drawn to the hummingbird shooting throughout the sky.

"I think I should be getting home.." Sita whispered, reluctantly.

Ferrak's smile dimmed a little, "Yes, I suppose you should.."

He grabbed her hand and they disappeared into a breeze of mist, reappearing at Sita's campsite.

"Stay safe, my dear." Ferrak whispered into her ear, brushing some strands of hair from her face as he vanished into thin air.

Sita giggled a little to herself, and started packing up her things.

Ruprecht grunted, the tattoo being squeezed into an unscarred area on his back finally coming to a close. "I still don't think this whole 'champion' thing is going to turn out to be true, Ludvik. Our whole line barely made a dent on the history of the Lantknecht, and yet somehow I'm the one chosen by a bladegeist, which I'm still sure wasn't a bladegeist at all, to wield this wizard's creation and then somehow this leads to me being etched into the wall." Ruprecht explained as an elder bandaged his back and began placing his armor on him. "Not true, brother! What about uncle Dael? He surely went down in the histories. No man like him could possibly be left out." Ludvik countered happily, idly playing with his own sword as Gwyn and her mother came over to listen to the brothers bicker. "You mean the drunkard that let the rock worms out early? The same one that fell asleep on the great lever and caused the doors to close in Lantknecht for the first time in a century? Yes, surely I am following a great legacy by being named champion, Ludvik. This is no way some sort of continuation of our line's reputation." Ruprecht snapped as the elder finished putting the rest of his armor on, save for his helmet, and walked away. Ludvik sighed and put his sword away, crossing his arms over his chest once he did so. "Well, you've certainly got the same attitude as our father. You never have been able to see the good in our lot; even now, in one of the highest points in our line's history, you're finding excuses for it to be one of the lowest instead, just like he would have." Ludvik snapped back, his sudden angry tone causing Gwyn to step away from her uncle in surprise.

"This isn't the lowest point in our history, brother! You've got to understand, I do not think of this as a low point. There isn't a man or woman alive that would think of it in that way! I just don't understand why-" Ruprecht replied, a hard edge to his voice making his resentment clear before a messenger ran into the chamber with panic in his eyes. "What is the meaning of this, child? You could be exiled for invading these chambers without good reason." An elder warned, her wrinkled form covered in what appeared to be hundreds of different runes. The messenger gasped a few times to regain his breath, and eventually managed to state his purpose for intruding on the argument between the brothers. "There was a hydra spotted. To the north. We aren't sure where it went, but they sent me here to get help. Please, you've got to do something. We're only farmers, we've got no militia or weapons or anything and we're going to die if you-" The boy sputtered with ragged breaths before Ruprecht held a hand up to silence him. "This hydra, did you see anything more about it? Color, number of heads, anything we could use? If this is merely a mountain hydra I don't think we'd need anyone that has had more than a cycle of pilgrimage or service in the warrens." He said calmly, trying to keep the boy from passing out and leaving the whole situation a mystery. "No sir. It looked black, but we only caught a few glimpses of it. Please, you have to help us! We're defenseless!" The boy whined before falling face first to the floor, unconscious. The female elder shook her head sadly and pointed towards Ruprecht. "Ruprecht, of line Vestri, Champion of the Lantknecht and Wielder of the Blade of Sigurd's Armory, you are sent to the north to find this hydra. Your great hunt begins now, and may the Skyweaver and all the Gods and Goddesses bless you with their favor." She intoned, raising her other hand and pointing to the north.

Ruprecht sighed and put his helmet on, looking between his wife, child, and brother. "You all heard her. I've got a hydra to hunt down and hopefully kill. Gwyn, I expect you to be clad head to toe in tattoos when I next return. Armor, too. That cloak is a step in the right direction but it shouldn't be the only one." He explained, picking up his new blade and heading out of the elder's meeting chambers towards the great doors of Lantknecht. "So a black hydra, with an unknown number of heads. I've got no idea of its age, intelligence, or any real defining facts about it. This isn't bravery, Ruprecht. This is stupidity." He grumbled, stepping into a highly decorated cart made to get down the mountain much faster than any other method and releasing the brake catch. Ruprecht sped down the mountain and towards another block of the same village that he stopped in before this whole mess started, and from there went to the north to chase the rumors of a black hydra that threatened a human village under the protection of the Lantknecht, and to chase down any other rumored beasts that would earn him a tomb in the necropolis of champions, alongside those that came before him and the supposed tomb of Sigurd himself, deep in the lowest levels.

Ferrak walked back through his fields, stretching his arms and wings as the sun shone down on his back. He was finally free to do something, since Deitra was helping him with his work. But his favourite little down was destroyed..He didn't want to just sit on his throne and fall into a slumber, he'd slept for much too long.

"Oooohh my.." He stretched once more, walking up the stairs to the Halls.

Ferrak walked along one of the sections of the library, skimming through some of the books, the lives of the deceased.

Addarra finally finished her work on the Golems dispatching them accordingly to their new tasks. Suddenly a roar was heard from her people, she vaporized outside to fine her dragon. She called out to her, "Elyria! You have come home! Oh how I missed you!" she sent a silent thank you to Avonch for returning her dragon. Though she wasn't much of a fan for the now black scales that adorned her friend. There was something attached to her dragon, an object of some kind though she knew not what it was. @GrigoriLord She led her dragon into the Great Forge room and allowed her dragon to rest for its flight had been long. She began to size the armor for the dragon and fit some pieces more and tweak others.

Ingis with Flamebane traveled down into the core of the volcano to make the plasma sword and armor "who would I trust enough to give these fiery items to. I don't talk to many people, tend to stay away from them. " he reached over and petted Flamebane "what do we do hummm?"

The Hydra watched as an ornate cart rolled into the settlement and a large man clad in armor and with a immensely enchanted artifact in his hand. That man is the only one in the entire village that the hydra has observed that has a weapon that could penetrate it's gleaming white scales. The Hydra wasn't cowardly, in fact it was the opposite, it was brazen and confident that even though this man possessed such a potent weapon, that he would be overwhelmed by the Hydra's sheer power. Still, the Hydra didn't want to have too difficult of a time getting something too eat, which is what would happen if he attacked this man. The Hydra decided to try and pick off some food from one of the farms surrounding the village. The Hydra stealthily stalked up to the cattle of one farm that the farmer was trying to herd into a barn. The Hydra used one head to intimidate the farmer into paralysis and uses seven of his other heads to kill and eat the livestock, while the final head watched for any other villagers foolish enough to try and come towards this farm. Some of the villagers nearby ran screaming towards the village center. Upon observing that the Hydra quickened it's pace at consuming the livestock. @Uncle ShortyB

Lord Avonch continued flying off and came upon a familiar planet which Avonch then landed on near the northern part.

The enormous space dolphin decided to take a rest after it's large meal and it had surveyed it's surrondings.

Vyork threw the book he was reading aside and accidentally knocked over a book shelf with his tail. He approached the door and listened to the sounds coming from behind it. Vyork could sense the presence of a larger and stronger dragon so he ignored the knocks and walked back towards the shrine of Ignis. He performed a summoning ritual and waited for Ignis to appear. Vyork turned towards the door while waiting for Ignis and listened to the creatures outside. He sighed then looked back at the shrine. "Hurry up!" Vyork shouted as he began to worry about what was outside the door. ((@fire master))

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferrak happened upon a book from one of the townsfolk of Harrowford, from many, many years ago. This sparked his interest and he started reading in to more of Harrowford's past, bringing back some fond memories. After many hours of reading and reminiscing, he started getting to some more recent folk. He started reading into the devastation. He skipped to another section of the library, finding the tomb of Vyork Ashfin, smiling as he read, soon getting to the latest entry, the dragon was cornered.

A large grin came across his face, it wasn't this beasts time to die, but Vyork didn't know that!

"I think I might just have myself a little visit, and watch these events unfold.." He whispered to himself, fading away into the breeze after placing the book back on the shelf, appearing a few miles away from Vyork's castle as a dark coloured Barn Owl.

The screaming villagers streamed past Ruprecht, who was currently cradling the front of his helmet in his free hand and groaning. "He said black. A black hydra. This was going to be simple! Just a coastal hydra looking for new territory! But here we are, and the damned thing is white. White. I've got to do this now. There's no one else who could handle a primordial beast out of this village, or even Lantknecht for that matter." He moaned, removing his hand from his face and lifting the sword. The flow of the villagers slowed, and Ruprecht set off against the flow, towards the beast menacing the people under his protection. "I've been doing twenty cycles worth of pilgrimage. I've hunted the bogeymen of a thousand people, and now I'm going to fight a beast that is probably older than my entire line, or even the Lantknecht themselves." He muttered, resting the sword across his shoulders and followed the thinning trail of villagers to the farm where the great beast fed on the cattle of a man he assumed didn't have a lick of sense due to how still he stood before the hydra.

"Let's see... think of a weapon, any weapon. What in the entirety of Sigurd's armory, or even my own, could I use to fight this? Come on, come on! There's got to be something better than this little blade." Ruprecht thought quickly, moving the blade from his shoulders to a grip more suited to fighting. He slowly approached the hydra, more for the sake of the poor farmer stuck in place by fear than for any sort of tactical advantage. "Any other time I'd have a perfect idea of what to use here, and somehow I'm up to fight an actual primordial beast and I'm standing here with a plain little sword because I can't even remember what I was taught. Let's see... Hydras. Hydras grow heads. Hydras are enormous. Hydras can fly. None of this is helping." Ruprecht continued, slowly getting more frustrated by his inability to decide on something. "This wasn't a problem when I just had my old sword. Simple problems with simple solutions, that's what I want. Just something that works because... That's how it was made. Gods, I didn't even consider that." Ruprecht sighed and pictured his old blade in his mind, flicking his wrist and nearly dropping his sword by the increased weight.

"Simple solutions for simple problems. Beast! I'm afraid you've chosen your last meal somewhat poorly. Welcome to Lantknecht, where the bones of your ancestors decorate our great halls, and you're merely a stepping stone in my own history!" Ruprecht yelled, hefting the enchanted doppelganger of his former blade above his head and charging towards the hydra with determination. He fully expected it to be gone by the time he reached it, but half of each champion's wall was full of stories of tracking legendary beasts across half the continent, and even a few onto Kulorjj, the land of great beasts Sigurd is said to have been born from.

Ingis heard Vyork call for help " come on Flamebane we might as well help this dragon" Ingis and Flamebane both vortexed in flame to vyorks side " what is it my friend" with a cheesy grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back