• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Last Airbender

Owain listened to Amu and Suka, the realization of what the little water-bender was saying began to dawn on him.

This was it, this was what they were hiding.

"
Wai- Amu you.. Shit! er- I mean damn!" She was the one they were looking for, people knew she was the Avatar and they did nothing but watch the other nations fall under the Fire-Lord's fist. Owain's own fists tightened into balls of fast growing fury, all the loss of life and liberty for nothing but a pair of overprotective parents.

Owain looked at Suka, who's gaze went back and forth from him to Amu, then he gave a look to Nichole. He began to flush with anger, everything he knew had been gutted and destroyed for this little shit. He gave Amu a hard look, sighed and began walking back to the village.

"
I'm going to take a walk.. I- we.. need a plan, sorry Amu I don't think we came to the right place.." He left angry and dejected, one little girl even with the power of the Avatar against the full force of the Fire-Nation was impossible. His long shot was a hit, and a miss.

Suka's eye brows furrowed with concern. She chased after the steam Owain,"O-Owain!" She ran infront of him,"We came to the right place! Dont be upset at her, it wasnt her fault. Shes young but all she needs is training!" She wasnt even sure if he was listening but she continued,"everything happens for a reason, and we came here for this reason. Maybe we were meant to train her. IF she is indeed the avatar then we have to help so no one else here would. I know youre upset but we didnt come all this way for nothing...." She tried to explain carefully.

Amu being extremely confused wasn't sure what to do. He seemed pretty mad. Ran after him yelling "Wait!" She stop running and tired to catch her breath then she said "Not totally sure what's going on but if there's anything I can do I really want to help. she smiled. Then thought for a min. "You know i've been having some weird dream lately some were nightmares and in them everyone was on fire, and I kept hearing a voice saying the world needs you........ silly huh? I'm not sure what those dreams mean but I think i'm suppose to help you I know i'm not much but i'm sure theres some small way I can help you guys out." 
(whoops looks like we posted at the same time)

Owain started to walk through Suka while she tried calming him down and tell him the little Avatar just needed proper training, it was true and he knew it but time wasn't their ally. The fact that Fire-Nation cruisers weren't bearing down on the coast already was a miracle in his opinion.

He slowed to a stop when Amu came skidding up with an almost scared confusion on her face, she seemed like a sweet girl and he felt a tinge of guilt for being short with her. The dreams were inconsequential since he had been pretty sure that she was the Avatar already, this just confirmed what he already knew to be true.

"
We need someone that can fight.. we need someone that can.. kill.. We.. Need someone to- to die, if that's what it takes, and we need that to be you Avatar Amu," Owain sighed and dropped a palm onto the Avatar's mop of hair and ruffled it a bit.

"........... You mean like.....Hero?! Alright i'm in!" She said happily. "Finally I always wanted to see what was out there! Oh but my parents what are we going to do about them?"

Owain was taken aback by how fast the girl seemed ready to throw her life on the line for a bunch of complete strangers, he removed his hand from her head.

"I uhh.. well, I didn't really think that far ahead.. They seem a tad overprotective,"

Nichole follows everyone, listening quietly. She was worried. They went on a search for the avatar and now here she was. A 12 year old little girl. She could tell Owain was upset. She puts a hand on Owains shoulder. "Just remember Owain. Even avatar Aang was just a kid who only knew air bending, and he still needed practice there."

Owain regarded Nichole with a smile, she was right after all and Amu was willing so he couldn't exactly refuse her. The fact that she was a child meant nothing compared to saving the world from Fire Lord's Ozai's iron grasp, he knew they would be dead without her. He figured they'd die with her but at least the attempt would be a real one.

He took Nichole's hand and gave it a mild squeeze for reassurance before removing it from his shoulder, he had cooled off a bit by now and was willing to take on the apprentice Avatar, they couldn't bring the fight to the Fire-Nation but at least they could prepare for a
real fight.

"
Yeah.. you're right, sorry I lost my cool.. I just wish things were a bit different is all.."

Owain thought about where they could go, where a safe place might be in this conflicted world.

"
We should stay here for a bit, this village seems nice.. quaint but cozy I suppose.."

Suka smiled at them, excited and happy that they could keep the avatar after all! (Lol like a puppy) She stood back as they discussed how they were going to break it to their parents and she jumped in with out another thought,"Or we could just kidnap you then theyll never see you again, but theyll know youre okay because youre avatar or--OOH! You could run away like i did!!!" She exclaimed with a big grin on her face. It made sense to her.....

Then they subject changed to training,"Maybe we should wait till we actually leave, which should be soon, im sure word about a fire bender, an earth bender, and two Northerners in the South, who suddenly appeared as an alliance, will travel fast...."

Nichole smiles softly as Owain puts a hand on hers. Now they had the avatar but they needed to keep it a secret and train her. Disappointed that they would be leaving land soon, she stares at the flat whiteness, soaking in the feeling of her power. She had all the resources she needed here and she would soon be leaving them.

Owain chuckled at the enthusiasm with which Suka suggested Amu run away, it was cute. Entirely wrong but cute nonetheless, he found himself thinking about how entertaining life would be if he had a sister like her.

He smiled warmly at the Avatar and Suka, despite his apprehension he couldn't he hated having such an amiable Avatar and given the proper training she could be.. well a hero like she said.

"
No.. We should tell them, even if we don't give them a choice they deserve to know what happens to her,"

Owain turned towards Joe's place and began to take a step when he realized their ragtag group of benders were being pointed out by a little old woman flanked by several stocky men in Fire-Nation colours, that's when he noticed the small fleet of cruisers crowding the docks they had come in at. A bead of sweat sprouted on the back of his neck while his mind began to calculate escape routes but his voice remained even and calm.

"
Amu.. Does your dad have a boat we might borrow?"

Ice was a good substitute but you go too fast and the salt-water eats it away a lot faster than you might think, even with a handful of water-benders keeping the flow stable, whole and moving fast enough to outrun cruisers while dodging fireballs would be a challenge unlike any he had face. For the first time since he had lived Owain felt substantially underpowered and just a little weak.

"Um yah why?" Then she turned to see what he was looking at. She saw a small fleet cruisers. She pointed towards it "Who is that?"

Nichole turns and notices a worried look on Owains face. She looks in the direction he was looking and notices a fleet of fire nation ships. She feels her heart skip a beat and she begins to back up, bumping into Owain. She stands beside him. She was scared. She knew what fire nationers could do. One had killed her mom.

The soldiers pushed past the old woman and began to march towards them, three burly fighters probably apart of a small army that had landed.

Owain didn't notice Nichole backing up until she bumped into him, he saw the look of growing horror the took over her delicate features as she stepped around to his side while Amu wondered out loud about the invaders presence.

"Bad guys, very bad guys! Nichole take Amu and Suka, and find that boat then launch it out at the fishing spot they were at before,"

He placed a hand on the hilt of his plugged water pouch, the soldiers were picking up speed now getting up to a mild gait but their hands were raised to chest level. They were ready to launch an assault and probably bring down the entirety of their forces from the wood works with the commotion.

"
I can keep these boys entertained for a bit, long enough at least.. I think," His voice dropped to a whisper at the last couple of words, the last thing they needed to worry about was his safety while the Avatar was with them. Owain ran a hand through his half-singed hair and almost laughed,

"
Maybe I can get this evened out afterall.." He let go of the plug and stepped forward before bending a wall of snow up and freezing it in place to create a thin white veil for cover, Owain shot a salute to the girls and began to sprint around the wall running opposite to Joe's house.

Nichole take the girls and runs. She adds giant random walls here and there to slow down and push away the guards who were chasing them. Once they reach the ship, she makes a huge wall so the guards will have to go around as a detour. She tells te two to get on the ship. Her mind begins to worry about Owain. Fire nationers had taken her mothers life and try wouldn't take her friends. She tells Suka to make a good flow and get far away enough so that the fire nation can't reach them. She moves the earth under the shallow water, creating a current for the boat to get going. She waves to the girls as they float with the current. Turning, she throws her hand down, creating a huge pillar of earth. She flies through the air from the force and rolls into the soft snow a few feet from Owain. Ice and water might be enough to hold off the fire nation, but fire can melt ice and vaporize water. Earth on the other hand was a bit stronger against fire. She begins picking up large rocks and forcing then towards the soldiers.

Owain's heart pumped hard as his feet thumped through a small snow drift, a blast of heat came fuming from his rear. It was close enough to singe the fine hairs of his newly acquired parka, he twisted and jump kicked into the snow wall that was supposed to cover him. A concentrated burst of ice shards came ripping through a foot sized hole in the snow wall, it was followed by an anguished cry but Owain doubted that he had made a substantial hit.

"You dirty little splash bandit!"

That was a new one, it wasn't a good enough shot to piss him off it just sort of made him chuckle even as the he rounded the edge of the snow wall right into an incoming fireball.

"
Oh.."

It was all he could manage before the flare glanced his left shoulder torquing his upper body. He saw one soldier holding his right arm which was riddled with ice needles while another moved his arms in a violent circle, he never saw the third.

Owain dropped just in time for the second fireball to pass over head and span around trying to regain his footing, the third soldier had gone through the snow wall and rather than bend simply put a boot into the ice-warrior's ribs. Though he caught it with the heel of one hand it still hit home and sent Owain sprawling a foot or so before he rolled and sprung off his haunches over a sweeping flame kick by the same soldier.

This isn't good there are going to be more coming soon..

He landed on all fours and leapt straight into the assaulting soldier with a straight right that caught him flush on the cheek knocking him several steps back, another fireball came in but he twisted out the way.

Owain was finding his flow in the chaos, his foot came around with a fat snake of swirling snow following closely into the second soldier's face. He froze it solid around the man and he dropped to the ground more from surprise than the strike itself, the third was still rocked and only just began to come back at him. This was the opportunity he had been waiting for.

Owain turned and jetted off with the help of a little snow bending, not a chance that they could keep up to him now but the numerous soldiers that were coming out from the alleyways and huts brought a certain dark fear from the back of his mind. He skidded to a stop in front of a couple of young looking fire-benders that were beating down a few villagers whom were trying desperately to defend themselves with their water-bending, they just didn't have the training.

"
No.. no!"

Then a large rock erased them from the face off the snow covered continent like an eraser on some school kid's page, Owain turned and saw Nichole standing ankle deep in a snow drift covered in powder looking quite triumphant. Owain laughed more from relief than joy.

Nichole gives Owain a small smile before turning and making a huge surrounding wall around the soldier that were chasing them. The soldiers were basically trapped in a circular room. Se joins the top of the walls together and then brings the walls and ceiling crashing down on the soldiers inside. A large number of the soldiers were now missing. She drops more earth on the area where she just squished tons of people to death so that the mess would be covered.

Amu was watching all the chaos happening in front of her, then a thought came to her. "Mom! Dad!" She jumped off the boat and started running towards her house. Fire benders were every where she had never seen anything like it. She finally got to her house and she saw tow firebenders infront of the house. She started running faster. Till her father said "Stop! go back we will be fine!" The firebender then looked at the father and said "Who is she?" "Just one of my friends daughters." he responded. "Really?" He walked up to her and looked at her. "Well if she's not your then maybe i'll jus take her then. She'll make a good slave." "No wait you can't " Really is because she's your daughter and the avater. Now now I don't like being lied to maybe I should teach you a lesson." Right before he was getting ready to strick she yelled out "Don't you touch him!" She took a shovel and wacked on his head. And the fire bender fell out. Her mother and father hugged her. "I'm so sorry we never told you the truth we were afraid of might happen to you but we understand that maybe it's time for you to go." Her mother said. She hugged them both. Her parents went into the house to stay out of sight from the fire benders while Amu ran back to the ship ready for what might come ahead.

(Sorry!)

Suka tried to grab Amu by her clothes when she took off running but missed by an inch,"gah!" She took off running and looked back at Nichole and Owain,"Ill be fine! Just be ready to leave when i come back with her!" She turned back infront of her and jumped into the air. While in the air she froze some snow into ice around her feet into the shape of a snow board like thing. She landed back in the snow and used her water bending to propel and push herself forward. She went at a high speed, avoiding obstacles in her way. She stopped and skidded to a halt behind Amu, send snow in the air. Suka gasped when they said that she IS the avatar. Now her life was more important than ever! "Amu we need to--WHAM" she whacked the fire bender unconsious,"Well then...". She looked at the bender as he fell. Her sapphire eyes moved back to Amu embracing her family. Her face saddened when Amu let go. She begun to chase after her and head back but stopped, tears forming. She looked back at her parents,"Thank you for giving birth to the hope of our world!" She yelled. She knew it mustve been hard for them to let go of such a young daughter, and she begun to think of her own family hence the tears. She solidified the snow once again and used it as a snow board. Once she got close enough, she grabbed Amu and put her on it,"We have to move fast!" She tried using one hand to hold to her and help her balance. She went around other soldiers and people and things till they reached the boat. The ice melted and surround each arm, making water sleeves. "Lets go!" She yelled.

Owain watched with growing awe as Nichole erected large walls of frost covered stone around a crowd of oncoming soldiers, he pumped a fist in the air and laughed like a madman knowing they couldn't blast their way out of stone that thick, not even with lightning not that they would have the chance. The stone walls come together at the like a giant tent and he clapped his hands together.

"
Yes! Nice work Nichole! Now let's haul a-" The giant stone tent came crashing down with a clamouring that rocked Owain's eardrums, they were dead there was no doubt. She still bent a large amount of earthy stone above the blast zone and hung it in the air like a dark cloud for a few seconds.

"
Nichole.. No.. You don't have to do this-" The snow covered ground shook as she dropped the piles of stone.

Owain realized for the second time since he had been taken from his home that it was
so very easy to become cold and heartless. To become a killer. He swallowed hard working past the small knot in his throat, he wasn't going to let her become the very thing they were working so hard and risking so much to destroy.

Owain reached out and took her by the arm gently and turned her so he could look her in the eyes, he tried to stay calm but he was taking so far aback and caught so off guard he couldn't hide the emotion from his voice. The anger or the fear.

"This is not what we are! this is not what we are becoming! Do. You. Understand me!?" He realized he was shaking her slightly by the end, though he didn't mean to. Suka's voice carried over from where she had the boat docked, they had to go soon if not right now.

Nichole finally realized what she had done. Owain was shaking her when she had realized it. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes. When she was dropping the stone all she could think about was how they had killed her mother and enslaved her. They wouldn't do that to Amu, Suka, her, or Owain. She wouldn't let them. Now here she was just as bad as the man that was a her father. Se falls to her knees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back