• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Last Airbender

crypsalis

Transform and Roleplay out!
Water,

Earth,

Fire,

Air...

The four nations lived together in harmony, but everything changed when the fire-nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four Elements could stop them...

But when the world needed him most, he vanished...

100 years passed, and the Avatar is still nowhere to be seen. A group of strong children have risen from the ashes of their ancestors oppression, and with the help of the enemy itself, begin their journey for freedom and equality.

(Originally written by Kaiawolf)

images

• No sex
  • No more than 1 Avatar
  • Blood bending, Lightning bending, metal bending, and Sand bending are allowed. (These are called Unique Bending)
  • you can NOT be overpowered.
  • A minimum of 3 lines
  • A Maximum of 3 of each element, Including non-benders and Unique Benders. (but please, lets not end up with 3 water benders and 3 Blood benders only...)

In Other on you're character sign up sheet, put Aang

rts!*

Vallery sighed. She was climbing a mountain, trying to get to the top. Vallery was just a few miles away from her home town, so she hoped to maybe see other benders along the way. Vallery grit her teeth as a rock she grabbed fell down the mountain side, bouncing until it hit the bottom. If i fall, i'm as good as dead! Vallery gripped another rock and helped herself to her feet, standing on the almost flat top of the mountain. Vallery breathed in and out, slowly, so she could practice her fire bending skills. She raised her hands in front of her, and quickly swiped them across the air, causing flickering fire to trail after her hands. Vallery grinned, and made a smiley face made of fire stay in the air for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack stared into the fire, and then looked at this map. The next town he was gonna go to was a few more miles away, an easy trip for him. He planned to stay for the night on top of this mountain. He took a bite into a apple he had. He was greeted with mold inside the apple. He spat out the apple, and threw it down the mountain side. I hope i don't get sick from that, that would really mess my whole trip up. The fire dimmed a little, and he shot a little fireball into to keep it going. The sun began to set, and he watched it. I'm so bored up here, wish i had someone else to talk to. After the sun had wet under the sky, he went into his sleeping bag and tried to go to sleep.

Vallery heard something on the other mountain, and turned to see a fire pit and someone in a sleeping bag. Vallery shrugged, guessing it was worth a try to meet whoever was there. Vallery climbed down the mountain she was on, and quietly made her way up on the other person's mountain. Vallery observed the person's face, he seemed to be a fire bender. She sat on the opposite side of the fire, criss-crossing her legs and looking into the burning fire. Vallery had slept all day today, so she could stay up all night.

Jack tossed and turned for a while. He couldn't sleep for whatever reason. He figured if he wasn't gonna be sleeping, he might as well be productive. When Jack stood up, he was greeted by some girl sitting by his fire. He tripped over himself, and then got up and went into a fighting stance. "What are you doing here, trying to steal my food you thief!?" Jacks said as he glared at the girl.

Vallery couldn't help but smile. "Eh, no. My town is just a few miles from here, why would i do that? I was just wondering who you were.." Vallery had her hands behind her back, looking back at the man. She wasn't going to fight if she could avoid it, so she gave him the least aggressive face she had.

Jacks smile tuned into a blush. "Oh, ok then," Jacks opened his backpack full of assorted fruits, and pulled an apple and and a orange out of the bag."Sorry for thinking you were a thief or something." Jack held out his orange to the girl. "Want some?"

Vallery nodded with a smile and took the orange, replying with a "thanks!". Vallery peeled the skin off the orange and ate the inside. "so, where are you going?" Vallery said, taking a piece of the orange out. Vallery was soon finished with the orange and threw the peelings in the fire, giving extra fire to the firepit.

Jacks bit into the apple hoping that there wasn't another moldy surprise inside like the last one. "Probably the same place as you,

that town around here." Jacks tossed the apple core off the side of the mountain. "I don't even know the name of the place, but it seemed like a interesting little town to see."

Vallery nodded. "I'm off to find the Avatar." Vallery shrugged as if it was nothing, and looked into the night sky, dreaming. "And yeah, our town is interesting. We have a few lightning-bending experts at our town. And the fire shows there are great, to." Vallery smiled, remembering a comedy pair she always used to watch.

Jacks looked at the girl with concern. "The avatar? Why do you want to find her?" Jack poked a stick into the fire. "If you got caught helping her, you could get in to some serious trouble." Jack shuddered a bit remembering the prisons from Capital City.

Vallery shrugged. "I just don't feel that taking over the whole world and taking other's family away, just because they are different, isn't right. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if i harmed an innocent person. Someone has to teach the avatar fire-bending, and i'm pretty good at it myself. And plus, i think i could take down most soldiers. I practice a lot, you see." Vallery watched the fire, and twirled her finger around, so the fire became a little twirly shape.

"Well, ok your risk. Just don't come and cry to the fire lord when earth benders knock down your doors and steal all your stuff." Jacks thought

how harsh that came off as, and tried to change the subject. "Jeez, we are discussing politics, and I don't even know your name. I'm Jack."

Vallery smirked. "I'm Vallery, nice to meet you, Jack!" Vallery glanced down the mountain. "huh?..." Some Earth benders with hoods were walking in the direction of her town, with swords in their hands. "Well, Jack, looks like some invaders are coming to my town. Should we attack?.." Vallery stood up quietly, ready to shoot a fireball at them.

"Lets do it." Jacks replied as he stood up. He whipped a fire ball at one of the earth benders, hitting him on the right side of his face. He fell to the ground, screaming in agony from the fourth degree burns. All the other hooded attackers went into defensive positions. Jack began to whip up another fireball, and ran toward them at full force.

I was hiding behind a tree, i was really scared seeing how that firebender attacked one of the earthbenders, i decided to stay behind the tree till it was all over. I was shaking a lot 'what if all the hooded earthbenders die' i started crying when i thought about the war and when i saw the firebenders, sometimes i wished that some firebenders didn't exist. I kept telling myself in my head that i was confident so my tears stopped, i had to find the avatar at some point, i will find him and we are going to be best friends, i just had to travel all over the world in search for him.

(HOLY CATS N COOKIES, IT STARTED :D )

Suka was tiding up her home before her family arrived and slept for the night. Theyre family polar dog, Kaya, was lazily sleeping by the fire place. "Oh Kaya youre so lazy.."Suka giggled at the sight. Kaya opened one eye at the sound of her voice and closed it going back to sleep. Walking outside to wait for her parents, Suka slipped on her parka and stuffed her hands in the pockets, fur cuffs of the sleeves sticking out. She lifted her white fur lined hood with polar bear ears and not too soon after, her parents arrived with her younger brother. "Suka dear did you start dinner?" Her mother asked walking in the house. "Yup!"

"And you know we're going to talk about being arranged in marriage tomorrow..."

"Mom...i dont want an arranged marriage!"

"Did you practice today?" Her father interrupted as he passed her. "Mhmm~!"

She followed after them. Suka started heading up the stairs of their snow built home and went for her room. She plopped on her bed letting go of a sigh. She rolled over and stared out the window with a look of longing in her eye. "I want to see the world..." She mumbled to herself. Voices from down stairs interrupted her thoughts,"Im sorry but i have to go...."

"But you just came back! You cant leave us again!"

Suka lifted an eyebrow and slowly climbed down the stairs half way with out being noticed and the conversation between her parents continued,"Ill be leaving tomorrow..."

"This isnt fair! Im going to talk to the Chief..." Her mother went for the door.

"No!" Her father grabbed her mother's arm,"Theres nothing you can do...."

She sighed and sat down on a chair, ready to cry.

Suka gasped,"Dads leaving?!" She exclaimed in a whisper. A small grin grew on her face, this was her chance to leave! She ran back up the stairs and packed a few things in a hurry,"I am NOT going to marry someone i dont even know..." Kaya came in and made a low grumble for attention. Suka turned and pet her,"Ill miss you...". She set her packed things under her bed, away from being seen and suspected. "I need this Kaya..." She crawled into bed and slept waiting for tomorrow... 
(Sorry for the long post xD gonna take a while before i bump into you guys x3 so im trying to speed it up, you guys dont even have to read it xD ) 
(Ill just keep going x3)

Suka woke up before the sky could give birth to the sun once again. The moon was still out but sky was clear, and the colors of orange began to push away the deep blue of night slowly on the horizon. Stars began to fade, going back into hiding, in fear of melting before the sun. Suka grabbed her pack and and put her arms through the straps, pack hanging on her back. She reached into the neck hole of her parka and pulled a black face mask over her mouth and nose, morning air was cold...she pulled her hood up, leaving only those deep blue Water tribe eyes to be seen.

She took one last look of her room with a sigh, before jumping out of her window and doing a tumble roll to go with the momentum and land safely. She looked around, making sure not to be seen. Luckily her home wasnt too deep into the city, and was near the docks. She made her way over to the boats, hiding behind barrels of fish as cover.

"Hey have you heard about the Avatar?"

"*gasp* The Avatar?!" Suka whispered. She peeked over the barrels and saw two crew mates coming out of one of the boats talking.

"The Avatar? The Avatars back?!"

"Yeah and guess where shes from?"

"She?! Its a girl!"

"Mhmm, shes from the Southern Water Tribe, ha! Who knew?!"

Suka sat back down behind the barrels and took a moment to take everything in,"Shes from our sister tribe..." She placed her thumb and index finger to her chin deep in thought but quickly snapped out of it. Now that no one was supervising the boats, this was her chance! She got up and swiftly walked over to the entrance, crawling in keeping her head low. It was dark and creaked at times. She shivered,"Kinda creepy...".

Voices in the distance started getting louder as they got closer. She ran to the lowest part of the boat where all the cargo was held and decided to stay there for the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vallery blinked, noticing that jack had this under control. Soon all the earth benders were on the ground, gripping their wounds and gritting their teeth. Vallery walked up to the one that seemed to be the leader. She grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up to her face.

"Never, NEVER try to storm my town again. Destroying an innocent town is not a way to get revenge on the fire lord. If you want revenge, go Attack HIM instead."

Vallery said, pointing in the direction toward the place the Earth benders supposedly came from. They all groaned, limping, and got up, slowly making their way back to their homes. Vallery noticed a hand poking out from behind the tree, and raised an eyebrow. Vallery slowly made her way to the tree, and stopped.

"..Hello?"

Vallery said, non-aggressively. Vallery went to see who was behind the tree, and saw a girl that was supposedly a water bender.

"Couldn't of said it better myself." Said jack while watching the earth benders walk away in shame. "Well, thats that. I say we go back to cam-" Jacks was noticed the Vallery was talking to someone behind the tree, and figured it was another wanting to attack the town.

What cruddy hiding spot. A earth bender and a coward? This will be fun.

Jack thought this prepared to light the tree the bender was hiding behind, hopefully hurting however it was hiding.

"No Stop!! Don't get near me, you killers!!" I scream and i start crying and running away, trying to get as far away from you as possible. I felt so scared, i really disliked Firebenders, they were ruthless, all they cared about were themselves.

Vallery blinked. "W-wait!! Were you going to attack my village, to?!" Vallery sighed. She hated hurting people, yet sometimes she had to defend herself and her family. Vallery looked at the running girl, thinking wether to chase her. Well, that would probably look aggressive. All Vallery wanted to do was explain to the girl why Jack and her caused damage and hurt some Earth benders, because fire benders often were mistaken. Yet, in her blood, Vallery knew she loved to fight, but tried to ignore the fact. She would need to erase that from herself if she hoped to help the avatar bring peace and stop all this reasonless killing. Vallery looked back at Jack, noticing he was about to burn down the tree. Just in case, Vallery stepped away from the tree.

Jacks saw the bender run away from the tree, so rather he threw a fire ball in her general direction. It missed by a landslide. Jacks began to chase the girl. Jacks yelled, "Valley, help me catch her! She might be going back to their camp or something!" .

The boat began to move, and the lower cargo deck started to become stuffy. She looked around and past the boxes and crates was a port hole,"Sweet!" She ran to it,"Fresh air!" Just when WHOOSH a wave of water came through the hole and soaked her. "Ill just...go back over there..." She said and waved her hands over her body, water bending her self dry.

The ride took many hours and the moon was back out again (i think its still night time for you guys?). The boat stopped, and the sudden motionless movement of the boat woke her while she rested during the ride. She stood up and waited for the silence on the decks ubove her. When the time came, she quickly got out and snuck past the crew who were talking to some people on the docks, they wore uniforms but at her distance, she couldnt tell whos uniforms they were.

She managed to wander into a forest,"I guess i should set up camp here?" She picked a random spot and started to light a fire. She sat on the ground, hugging her knees,"Its really dark..." She mumbled to herself. The crackle of the small fire and low glow of the flames seemed to lull her. "Cant fall asleep!" She shook her head. The sounds of the forest were indeed strange, and being in the North her whole life, it really intimidated her. Shes never even really seen trees before! It wasnt that cold where ever she was, so she slipped off her parka and put it away in her pack. Setting the pack next to her, she started to feel like she was being watched, unfortunately, it was just her imagination running. She scooted closer to the fire and snapped her head behind her to see what was watching her...that is IF anything was... She turned back around to look at the flames, eye browed furrowed in a worried and scared way.

SNAP!

"GAH!!!" she jumped up and looked around. Scilence and darkness was the only thing she could take in. "Mmmm!!! >^<!!" She cringed. She sat on the floor, legs crossed and threw her arms at her sides, hands and palms pointed toward the ground, she gathered the water in the atmosphere and made an ice shard tent. Normally, it would be difficult to do such a thing as collect water from the air, but since its night, her water bending abilities get stronger with the force of the moon. She sighed and curled up in a ball within the tent,"Thank youuu~ moon spirit!" She sighed with a smile.

Vallery hesitated, but followed Jack anyway. Nearby was a forest, and soon it came into sight. Vallery saw smoke fading from above the trees, someone was there. Vallery shivered from the wind harshly blowing in her face as she ran. Soon she caught up with Jack, running by his side. "Some one's in that forest! Should we go check it out? " Vallery noticed that the girl was running into the forest, and so were they. Vallery and Jack were getting closer to the smoke from a campfire, and Vallery was curious to see who it was. Vallery felt weaker at night, she just wanted to lie down and fall asleep. But that was because the sun was not exactly giving raw power, just reflections from the moon.

I ran into the forest and i found a fire that was lit 'uh oh, please tell me there isn't one here too' i thought to myself but then i saw an ice shard tent. I walked up to the tent "umm excuse me, i don't know you very well but let me tell you this to warn you, Firebenders are coming near this place" i take a deep breath "you need to find another camping spot" i add, my face looking so worried like i was about to cry. I was only 12 all i wanted was peace, i didn't want firebenders anymore, every firebender i saw came to attack me, even though i never did anything.

Vallery skidded to a stop at the camp. "Wait! I don't want to hurt you, I just have to ask a question." Vallery said. Vallery examined her surroundings, guessing that this was a water camp, based on colors and design. Vallery put her hands behind her back to show she wasn't going to blast the 12 year old, and tried to smile, but all she could do was look tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back