• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Last Airbender

"You can't rush perfection, as they say.." Owain looked around the docks, it was crowded people from the villages, sailors(some of which wore a distinct blue uniform). He took in a deep breathe then got into a wide stance throwing his arms out in front of him and bringing them together, slowly, as if he was trying to make a giant snowball. Ice broke out across the unblemished surface of the water expanding almost instantaneously into a large enough ice flow for almost a dozen people to ride on. A murmur went through the crowd and a couple of those uniformed men came bustling in with some kind of bone to pick,

"
Looks like we're making friends already," Owain whipped around with a flow of ice-cold water and iced the ground between them sending them skating onto their arses.

"
All aboard the Nopesville Express to Fuckthatsville," The men were already on their feet and they didn't look please, Owain jumped onto the ice-flow sending it bobbing into the fishing boat beside it.

"
C'mon!"He reached out a helping hand to his new found comrades.

Suka didnt hesitate, and jumped right in with the helping hand of Owain. She ducked a little, still trying to avoid being seen.

I climb on and when I do I see Nichole who fell overboard, I jumped in the water and I pulled her back up to the surface, swimming back to the boat, putting her inside the boat first before I climbed in. I was soaking wet, I wiped myou wet face with my wet hand, which didn't really effect me which was kind of obvious. I shrugged it off and just decided to air dry, I panted a little but I felt good that I saved a friend of mine, I just gave a big wide smile.

Owain caught Suka by the arm as she cam flying into the makeshift boat and managed to keep on her feet while Nichole went off like rocket skidding into the water with a great splash.

He didn't whether to laugh or sigh, he looked at Suka with a smirk as an iceball shattered against the side of his face sending him stumbling and almost sprawling into the water himself, it was burned coolly where it had hit.

Owain bent a chunk of the flow off as Eva came on board with Nichole, and heaved it into their attackers who were hurling themselves off the docks to get away. In the midst of the chaos he realized Vallery had gotten herself on board and pushed the flow away from the dock, gently at first then gave it the business and began sailing this sucker into the open water.

"
Everyone good? They'll probably send boats after us but hopefully not before collecting their guys so we have a little time here,"

Owain bent the water off of the Earth-Benders, it was going to get cold especially if they remained soaking.

Nichole turns to Eva "thanks." She says. Then she looks at Owain and then looks down. "Thanks for drying us off too." She then goes and sits on the floor near the center so she's as far from the water as possible.

Owain's arms stay in fluid motion keeping the water around them going at a about 8 knots, careful to keep the ice steady for the less than comfortable passengers.

"So.. what made you leave Ba Sing Se anyway?"

Ritsuka sighed, relieved that they made a quick get away, not a clean one, since some of the members fell over board but it was quick nonetheless. She sat down herself,"if you get tired ill take over..." She smiled at Owain just before he asked the earthbenders about leaving Ba Sing Se. She stood quiet, wanting to hear their stories. 'Why would they leave such a popular place?' She thought. From the tales and rumors, it sounded like a grand place to visit! She couldnt quite comprehend. Then again shes never been there, she was born from a small tribe, secluded and barren. Not as small as their Sister tribe in the the South but still pretty small. Big city life was exciting to hear about.

"I left to find some one. Some one very.... Important to me. But I guess while we're in the process if this mission, I'll eventually find him." Nichole replies, thinking back to her Father.

Owain kept up the the pace, his arms growing heavy at a steady pace but entirely bearable for now.

"
Got any leads?" He thought about his own father and brother, and his mother back home though he knew he couldn't ever go back there. Not after everything he had lost.

"
I don't know if we'll find the Avatar or whatever, probably won't but as long as we're sticking it to the Fire Lord i'm happy," He gave Nichole an amiable grin.

"Yeah, well the thing is, I don't exactly know who I'm looking for. I just have a picture. For all I know he could be the fire lord." Nichole replies as she looks down and looks at her clothes. The same style clothes that her father wore.

"Sorry to hear that.. I'm sure he's not the Fire Lord though," Owain chuckled though the though thought stayed with him, he knew he could trust these people but what about the acquaintances they thought they could trust?

"
You seem like good people, sorry I was so.. erm.. reserved before.." His arms kept moving despite the subtle protest they had put up.

"No problem. I don't blame you. I just kinda appeared in you guys's camp." Nichole says with a small smile. She then notices that he's starting to look worked up. "You okay? You seem to be having trouble." Nichole replies, trying to limit the concern in her voice.

Ritsuka agreed, his technique started to look a little....sloppy. Suka stood up with a grin. She knew he was getting a little tired, but appearently he was stubborn enough to stop. She got on the opposite side of the boat fromwhere Owain was standing and copied his movements, sharing some of the work to lift the load a little for him.

Nichole watches as Suka gets up to help. Wishing she could do something Nichole looks around, only to find ice and water. She sighs and looks down at the ice below her.

"So how do we know we're going in the right direction? We don't have a compass and there's no landmarks in water to tell you where you are." She asks.

A bead of sweat fell from Owain's brow as the rushing water started to give up it's resistance, it took him a minute to realize Suka had begun to take over upon her own accord. Good shit.

"
Not in the water no, but one very important one in the sky," He pointed up at the North Star with a grin, by no means he was a navigator but his pops wouldn't even let him paddle a canoe before he had learned that the North Star rest over top the North Pole.

"
Right now we make distance but come nightfall we'll have our bearings and will be on our way, don't you worry now," Owain copped a squat between the edge and Nichole. He liked to watch the torrential water swirl around the ice-boat while he pulled off his boots, same ones he came in with, since they happened to be his favorite pair he held on to them.

Owain upended each one letting a small handful of sand fall in a neat pile in front of him, a tiny stone thrummed the top and rolled down making a little slide in the tiny dune.

Suka took over as Owain sat to do something with his boot. She lifted and eyebrow, and like a child watching a magic trick, she studied closely. Focus radiated off her intrigued eyes as she mindlessly continued to push the water behind them, pushing the boat forward. She thought about what Owain said, about the North Star and he was right, now they wait for nightfall.

The sun was just touching the ocean's surface now, couple of hours and the stars would be out in full force.

Owain nodded at Nichole amiably "
Yes ma'am, actually it will probably take a couple nights.. time will just fly by though I promise" He laid back and closed his eyes to rest a bit, he also thought a nap might do him some good.

Suka kept bending, her tiny voice spoke,"Dont worry, take the time to enjoy something foreign~" she smiled at Nichole. It grew silent soon after, you could hear the gentle swoosh and trickle the water made as Suka moved it, it eas soothing to her.

They were on the move for quite some time and daylight started to dwindle. The strange mix of sun set orange and night sky violet began to mix the palette we call the sky. In deepest, darkest depths of that dark violet, tiny pockets of starts poked through the moving clouds, who are trying to catch up with their father the sun to leave the horizon and sleep for another night, while the Moon and her pupils came out to dance in the stillness of night. Its was all so beautiful to Suka really. As the day fell she could start feeling the moon rising and giving her strength. She smiled as she thanked it.

Nichole didn't really mind the dark, so when the darkness swept over the still ocean, she was not affected. She couldn't really see how dark it had gotten because she had pulled her knees close to her body and tucked them in between her body and arms as she folded her arms around her legs. Her head was resting on her knees and she had her eyes closed. She was tired and uncomfortable in her position on the ice. She finally unfolds her legs. Her muscles were stiff from being folded up so long and her butt was cold and numb. Sighing she decides to lay down. She takes out her half braid and puts the band around her arm. She pulls her black and red shirt closer to her body, trying to take in as much heat as possible before heading to sleep. Finally she lays down and rests her head on her left arm. She partially tucked her legs towards her body. She closes her eyes and lays there for a while, waiting for sleep to come and visit her.

"You're very welcome" I say as I look at Nichole and then my eyes then turned towards Owain "thank you for drying us" I say to him, Nichole then started to tell everyone the reason why she left Ba Sing Se, I heard most of her story until I drifted off into my past, when I was ready to talk, I saw mostly everyone already drifting off to sleep, so I decided to tell everyone tomorrow. I knew that I was gonna stay up for quite a while, I usually slept better on ground, but sleeping on a boat for me was pretty difficult, but I knew I was gonna fall asleep at some time, so until then I just got into a comfortable enough position and stared up at the stars.

Suka looked back at the others and stopped bending for a bit, letting the current take them. She went into her pack and pulled out her parka. She went ti Nichole who was curled up on the floor,"U-umm..." She tried to get her attention,"Y-You can use this..." She looked away and blushed,"its not cold for me...." She laid it over her gentley. She went back to her post and continued her job. She looked up, immediately seeing the North Star, she turned the boat and went in the opposite direction, the star behind them.

Nichole shivers and then feels a parka being placed over her. Shocked, she replies, "umm, thanks." She smiles at her as she goes back to making the ship move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back