• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Acceptance and Love (1x1)

Jaylen picked her up and held her. "I promise you. My dad went here all the time. Some of them died with him trying to protect your kind." She kept Raven in a comforting hold as she walks towards her truck, which she had loaded with goods to sell. "Promise. If you at least stay in human form while I drive."

trying to protect her? it sounded wild. she didn't get it. "why do humans care?" she wondered, aloud. still, she trusted Jaylen. even if she was fidgety and just wanted to fly away, where else could she go? "what do i do if they try to hurt me?"

"You run while I beat their asses." she starts the truck. "I also need to deliver these. I don't want to leave you at home on your own." she sighs. "It's rough to assume an entire race is the problem when it's really old white men who have cheated on their wives."

"i'm sorry." she admitted. she really was. she didn't mean to assume that, it's just what she'd grown up hearung. and maybe if she could make friends, that would be nice. "I... you're right. lets go."

Jaylen nods with a sweet smile. She drove a while until she reached a marketplace. "Stay here for a minute." she told Raven as she got out and unloaded her stuff.

"understood." she said, nodding. she'd behave. she'd sit and stay here. although she turned into a raven and hid under the seat, nervous with all the humans around. she didn't know what to do or think. and she didn't want them to see her.

After a few minutes Jaylen hops back in the truck and began driving again. "We're going on the highway, so change back and buckle up, ok?" she pats the passenger side of her truck.

Jaylen chuckles, merging onto the highway. A truck in front of them had a sticker that clearly had been placed on top of another: There was some racist rubbish here, so I covered it up with a picture of a cat.

she looked at the truck, illiterate and not reading what it said. "a cute kitty!" she pointed. "my friend is a kitty. he looks just like that. or he did, when he was little." now he was aging, nearing 13 and adopting the sleeker body of an adult cat. but still, she was endeared by the thought of him.

"Yup. Neighbor did that. I love him." she sighs as she got off an exit. "We're all sick of racism at this point." She hits the brakes as a light turned red. "I should teach you how to read. It will be useful."

"why would it be useful? I'm gonna stay with you forever. don't need to read." reading was for humans and elders and she was neither. that was how she saw it, at least. "I'm not an elder."

"Hey, you'd really enjoy books." Jaylen grins. "It's a great way to pass the time. I have a whole collection of them. They're soooooo good." she makes a U-turn at the light.

"would I?" she asked, curious. "but... but you could just read to me. and we could do it together." that would honestly be nice. if she'd like them, and they were good... she was curious. but she didn't want to learn human reading.

Jaylen chuckles. "The kind of books I read are long ones with a lot of words you wouldn't understand, so I should teach you." she pulls into what appeared to be a bar and restaurant.

Raven would've argued further, but she didn't want to argue in front of people. she already looked wildly uncomfortable, looking nervously at Jaylen. "I can't pass for human in my pelts." she realized, nervous eyes widening.

"Here." She reaches in her glove box and takes out a t-shirt. "Wear this." she hands it to her. "It'll be a little big but it will work just fine!"

she put it on over the pelts, smiling as she finished the look by stealing the cowgirl hat directly off Jay;s head. she pulled her firs off once the t-shirt was already on, for modesty. "how do I look?"

Jaylen laughs. "You look great. Let's go in." She took her hand as she walks into the bar.
"Hello, Jay." the bartender smiles. "The usual?"
She nods. "Heinken with lime."

The bartender nods. "Come with me."

she had practicallly hid herself behind jay, just peeking out at the bartender. he didn't seem too evil. but honestly Raven didn't know.

The bartender led them to a back room, where some other humans sat around a table playing uno.

"Jayjay!" a woman hugs her. "Who've you got there?"

She proceeds to explain everything.

she looked at the woman, shrinking away. the woman seemed nice, but honestly April was just beyond nervous. to the point where she accidenly sprouted her wings in human form, something she hadn't done in years, just to hide behind them.

"Oh hon!" the lady squats to Raven's level. "I'm so sorry that happened. People suck!"

Jaylen smiles. "This is Raina, the leader of this locations Reintegration Renegades."

raven, who now looked solidly confused, peeking out at Raina. she looked around at them all. "you're... you're good humans?" she asked, nervously, trying to figure this whole thing out. it all seemed like so much to handle. her whole world was shifting, turning upside down. there were good humans. humans who didn't care that she was the way she was. humans who might even mourn her family with her.

for the first time in her life, Raven didn't feel quite so alone.

she still wasn't entirely convinced, of course. but she was downright curious. "I thought.... I thought Jaylen was wrong." she hadn't thought good people existed. but here was this kind plesant woman who seemed to care... "I thought there weren't anymore."

"Aw sweetie." Reina smiles. "Jaylen here? Her father was the kindest outta all of us. After the government took away his youngest daughter because she was a changeling, he got extremely involved here. Jaylen came to us after reading his will."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back