• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Acceptance and Love (1x1)

she looked down, still in her ordinary pelts with a cowboy hat over everything. "your chlothes... don't fit." she was just too small, and her figure was a little different because f her avian traits. "your jeans kept falling down. sorry."

"Well, I am bigger than you." she chuckles as she flips the bacon over. "I'm 21 years old, so I'm pretty big... especially for someone of my gender." she smiles, getting a napkin and placing it on a big plate.

she laughed, looking at her friend, smiling. "it smells good." she said, sniffing the air the way Blossom sometimes had. "twenty one? wow... I'm only... twelve. I was eleven last month." and of course birds were smaller, wolves and other large animals were typically above average height wise.

"Oh wow." She smiles as she sets the plate of bacon down in the center of the table, then sets two smaller plates down. "There you go. Bacon." She grins, picking up some bacon and putting on her plate, then began eating it. "Mmm."

"thank you!" she said, a big smile on her face and a gushing tone in her voice. she was clearly quite impressed by both the food and the way that this woman spoke. and also her age. "my Blossom is twenty five human years!" she said. that was older than her new caregiver by four years! "or... was." was 25. Blossom would never age to be 26, would she?

oh, that hurt to think about.

Jaylen chuckles, finishing up her bacon and getting up to make some fried eggs. "Yeah... so I'm nine years older than you. How funny." she grins as she makes the eggs. A few family photos hung around the house.

Raven smiled, nodding. when she was finished with her bacon, she just had some toast. it was whole wheat, the kind with all those little seeds in it's crust. carefully, gingerly, she picked every single one out, making a small pile on the side of her plate. then she ate the bread before shifting into her bird form to eat the nuts. she knew she'd like them better that way. she just knew it. and she was so right. they were delicious little seeds.

letting out a thankful caw, she flew until she was resting on a windowsill, looking into the house. she'd been trapped and nervous in her human form all day. she wanted to spend some time as a bird right now. even if it meant she couldn't speak.

Jaylen ate her egg before looking out the window with her. Why couldn't people accept differences? Then Raven wouldn't be in this situation, she thought. If only people weren't such assholes.

Raven spent awhile basking in the sun, simply enjoying the nice day. for a moment, she didn't even notice jaylen had come to lean beside her. but when she did, Raven felt all warm inside. she hopped over, and put her head against jaylen's cheek, nuzzling her gently. she knew humans were evil creatures. but she was lucky to have found the good one.

Jaylen chuckles, giving her head scritches. She looks out the window and sighs. "Yknow.... I lost my family too." she said sadly, still petting the raven like she would a doggo.

she had never been pet like this before. usually, people did typical bird pets, just one finger down the back of the head and down her back. this wasn't bad, though. she kind of enjoyed it. it made her smile, or it would've, if she had a mouth. as it was, she tried for sympathy with a little subsong. it was just a bit of cooing as she tried to express that she was sorry about the family lost.

"My mom died after she lost her baby when I was nine. Dad got shot by police. And then, theres me." she continues to give her pets. "We're a family now, I guess. You and me, trying to be the good in this world."

she nodded, fully understanding Jaylen but not being able to respond in this form. her own parents hadn't wanted her. she couldn't imagine losing parents you loved, who loved you. and the baby... such a shame, really. Raven could tell Jaylen would've been just the best big sister. she found herself perching on Jaylen's shoulder, resting her head on top of the older girl's. silent support and protection.

Jaylen smiles. She found it comforting and gently leans into it. Just support and comfort from her newfound friend. It was like Jaylen had gained the sister she had lost, that she never got to meet.

Raven slowly shifted back until she was hugging her friend, the only thing remaining were her wings. Those were on her back. “Did your parents love you a lot?” She asked. Parents being the one family she’d never had, she was curious

"They did." she nods. "I remember.... I inherited this ranch after my father passed...... we always worked here together. And my mom was super sweet..... I was going to have a baby sister... but my dad said that the baby didn't make it. My mom died shortly after that..... Dad said it was of a broken heart. That's when he taught me to be respectful of others, to respect differences, and his activism work began..."

"you'd be a good big sister. I can tell." she offered, hoping it helped. she honestly didn't know. "I... I can't imagine having a mom or dad love me that much." to die of a broken heart once they lost you? her own parents had just given her up and away. a part of her was jealous of Jaylen, but more of her was dissapointed. maybe if they'd lived she'd get to meet them now too. "what's activism?" she asked, curious. "aren't you already active? working on a farm?" her human wasn't bad, but she didn't know this word.

Jaylen laughs, forgetting for a moment Raven didn't know as much as she did. After all, she was a young changeling and Jaylen was a human adult. "Activism is pushing for a cause, usually a good one. My dad hoped to reintegrate your kinds with ours.... no more seperation and hate. He told me that mom wanted him to do that shortly before she died."

"but.... but we don't want humans." she said the word with a level of distaste that it honestly felt like a curse. "humans are evil. they leave us, they abandon us. we get on just fine without them, and then they come in and... and... and..." she paused, taking a breath as she thought abou what had happened to her home. her family. that was the work of humans. "not you." she said, through a strangled sob. "but we don't mind the seperation. honest."

She hugged her. "I know how you feel about us... but that's only because of the cruelty you've suffered at our hands. If humans weren't so harsh on you, then everything would be just fine. You would hate to be seperated from us."

"it's a good life. a great one. the best one." she said it earnestly. "maybe if my parents wanted me... it might be different. but they didn't. and I got a family anyway. i'd rather have a family who loves me than a family who doesn't.:

"My dad's told stories of parents who are quite heartbroken.... if two humans have a kid like you, they're forced to give them up. They have no choice." Jaylen looked saddened having to say that.

"no... no. my mom and dad didn't want me. they couldn't have wanted me. humans are monsters who all hate us." it didn't make any sense. "any why would they take us away? what did we do?" it didn't make any sense. and yet, her mind flashed back to her home. the death and the carnage. what did we do?

"Listen, Raven. I may be good, but I'm not the only good person in the world. Look, do you want me to take you somewhere special? With lots of good humans?" She smiles. "I have a big pickup truck."

"no...?" she said, pleadingly. she didn't want to go anywhere with a lot of humans. good or not. "humans killed my... my family. my friends. my everybody. you might be good, but nobody else is." that was the way of life. "and they'd kill me too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back