• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Acceptance and Love (1x1)

Raven nodded, looking at it. she wiped her eyes for a moment, before setting out and picking up rainbow. the poor little baby... Raven rocked her for a moment, kissing her forehead gently. what a strong little baby... she yelled her name to the sky before throwing her into the fire, letting her burn. there were so many to do. and she was going to do meadow last. she didn't even have time to watch her body turn to ash before going to get the next one.

raven was small. she couldn't pick them all up on her own. she tried. she did try. she didn't want to drag any noble warrior through the dirt. but a human couldn't be a part of their burial ceremony. not when this was all... this was all human's fault.

Jaylen felt bad. She wasn't to blame for this, it was the fault of people who were nothing but cruel and not understanding in the least. She sat on her knees, watching from a distance.

God, if you're out there.... make sure these slain innocent souls get the justice and peace they deserve. she prayed.

it took hours of pulling. her arms were sore. nearly all these people were older than her and had died in animal forms, so they were even heavier. the hardest, by far, was the elder lion, a rare shifting animal, who took her twenty minutes of pulling to get in the fire. he didn't deserve this. she knnew that, for sure. but it wasn't like she had any other options here. so she pulled him in, screamed his name, and sighed. after him, there was only one body left. but she didn't want to bury her sister yet.

Jaylen had gone back to do her work for the past few hours, and came back around that time. She felt terrible, and now she was covered in cow dung, fertilizer, and dirt. She felt absolutely terrible.

Raven had been glad to have the human leave. she needed time alone with her people, to perform the proper ceremonies for them. they weren't secret. but it wasn't a stretch to say that humans weren't welcome for them. she'd just went back to stroking her sister's head when she saw Jaylen now. the fire had tripled in size, accomodating the hundreds of bodies there. she looked up for a second, before returning her attention to Blossom

Jaylen looked sad, and she was still covered in shit. "Hey... are you alright?" she asked, not wanting to interfere. She sighs, taking off one of her crap-covered gloves. She needed to take her products into town after her shower, and she wanted Raven inside and safe.

Raven shook her head, pulling her sister by the forepaws closer to the fire. she looked at her eyes for a second, before screaming once more in response to Jaylen's question. no, she wasn't okay. she doubted she'd ever be okay again. she screamed until her throat was raw, before pushing her sister into the fire, watching her burn. there was still so much blood. but if she watched the fire go down... then she could put them in the river. she couldn't imagine what life was going to be like now.

Jaylen immediately scrapped the town idea. She'd go tomorrow. Today, she needed to be there, for this girl who had lost her entire family in just an instant, the only survivor in her little village. She needed to show her she cared.

Raven watched. just watched the fire burn down her people, the strongest ones. she stared into the fire for what felt like days. it was just... so many. so many. why wasn't she among them? she should be. it felt wrong to be saved from this fate.

Jaylen wasn't very religious, but the situation did warrant a prayer earlier. However, she respected the hell out of nature, and was still pissed off of what happened.

She decided to take the time to go get a shower, change, and package her products.

when Jaylen returned, she would've seen the fire burned all the way down. the day was near over, and the ashes were in the water. she'd sent her family on to a better place.now, she was looking for things she'd want to keep. something told her she wouldn't be able to come back to this place. she had to find what hadn't been broken or burned in their village. she found baby rattles, bedding, bowls, her spare clothes, her sister's necklace, and treasured items in the leader's home. so many people who didn't need their things anymore. when she saw jaylen was back, she looked out of her half-broken house, smelling her sister's scent.

Jaylen looks at Raven. Her eyes looked tired, she was tired, but she wanted to make sure Raven was okay. "Hey... come on. It's okay. You have somewhere safe to stay. I made you some food... more jelly." she grins

she thought, for a moment, draping her sister's blanket around her and grabbing the bag she'd put together. had she taken some of the most respected symbols in their society? yes. but if she didn't take it, humans would. so she felt okay with taking those things with her, when she'd eventually decided on what she'd take and what she'd leave. holding the big bag, she held her arms up to be carried home. her bones were hollow to facilitate flight. she was light to pick up, only coming in at around 48 pounds.

Jaylen picked her up. Working on the farm had given her some incredible strength.
She took her into her quaint farm house, sitting her in a chair that was near a plate of toast, milk, and jelly- she had made some for herself as well. Added to the meal was some eggs.

For the first time since she’d asked for the fire, Raven quietly spoke in human. “I... I’m sorry.” She had a long day, a hard day, and she was sure this woman had far better things to do than accommodate her whims and hunger. “You don’t have to... keep me.” She wasn’t sure where she’d go, per say. But she knew she didn’t want to force such a kind woman into this.

"Hey, I'm doing this because I care. They had no right to kill your loved ones. I know how that feels." she sat down across from her. "Besides... it's lonely on this little ranch of mine." she munches on her toast

“Ranch.” She said, unsure exactly what the word meant but knowing it was this place. The ranch was safe. And good. And it had the sweetest berries she’d ever tasted. She couldn’t quite smile. But she could take big bites of her food. “But. But I’m illigal. Here. Right?” She really didn’t want to get her friend in trouble.

"Nobody's illegal, it's just the fact people refuse to respect one's existence. It's really stupid, I know." she said. "They'll have to pry you from my cold, dead hands." She downs her milk, sighing.

and that... that right there. that was why she was so worried. "what if they do? then you're dead too." she'd felt her sister's cold dead hands today. and she didn't know if emotionally she could bare seeing someone else dead too. "you do so much. they... they'd kill you."

"It's not about that. I know what it's like to face harshness, but not on your level. It's really sad how people can't respect the fact that there are people different from them, and that they pose no harm to them. It sucks." Jaylen sighs

she nodded, quietly, pulling herself together. "if they come from me, let them." that was all she wanted. "If I join the mighty warriors in the sky... then I do." her sister was there. it couldn't be all bad. "should I stay in the barn?" she was an animal, after all. she'd be fine with it.

"no, you're not going to die. I'm going to protect you. And no, I have a spare bedroom, you'll sleep there. It's super comfy." she got up. "Let me show you to it."

She led Raven into a very comfy looking guest bedroom.

"comprehended." she said, nodding. "what's a..." a bedroom? she didn't get what she meant by that, but she was more than happy to just go along with everything. so she went along, walking in. it was quite different from a hut, and she didn't know what to think. there was no pile of hay and pelts, none of that. instead, there was more of the meterial that she was wearing. "do i... do i need to pretend i'm human?" she didn't want to, but she would if it protected Jaylen.

"Only if I tell you to." she said, "Only if there is danger to any of us." she ruffles her hair. "You're free to be yourself. Make yourself at home here." she smiles. "Do you think you could help me on my ranch tomorrow? I'll show you how to do things."

"okay." she said, turning and beginning to unpack her things. it was a whole bunch of engraved and painted things, the finest things she'd found in the village, the things humans could never get their hands on. she let her hair be ruffled, smiling and leaning in. she was a little tired, so she didn't even notice when she absently said "okay, blossom" quietly. "whatever you want." she'd help her sister do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back