• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Acceptance and Love (1x1)

Jaylen smiles. "goodnight." she heads to her own bedroom, which wasn't far from Raven's. She began to get ready for bed with a sigh. Today had been an exhausting day for the both of them- but she had work to do.

"goodnight." she said, smiling at Jaylen as she left. Raven messed with the sheets, not getting under them normally. instead, she made a nest type of deal with them, using the bedsheets and hanging them from the ceiling to make a hut-type place. the bed felt more normal, now. and when she buried her nose in the pelt it smelled like blossom. so it felt more like home. maybe she'd add some flowers and moss for the smell later, put them in a bowl in her room. it was hers, right?

Jaylen climbs into bed, plugging in her phone and making sure her alarm was set. She sighs, worrying about Raven. This poor girl had been through so much in just 24 hours. She felt terrible and couldn't sleep.

she stayed asleep, mostly because she had her nose pressed into the pelt. she still smelled home. in fact, in the dreams she had, she woke up, told Blossom what had happened, and then the pair went out and played in the forest. In Raven's dreams, reality wasn't real, just a bad dream. her and blossom had laughed at the idea of a good human. oh, little birdy, you always had an active imagination.

when she woke with the dawn, she realized where she was. she realized this was real, the kind human and the dead family. she looked around, and sobbed. this wasn't right. that dream had been perfect...

Jaylen climbs into bed, plugging in her phone and making sure her alarm was set. She sighs, worrying about Raven. This poor girl had been through so much in just 24 hours. She felt terrible and couldn't sleep.

She had been out working when dawn came. She heard her new friend's sobs and ran inside, dropping her hoe and watering can.

"Hey! Don't cry!" she sounded concerned.

she sniffed, sorry to cry in front of jaylen. she didn't want to seem ungreatful. not in the slightest. what jaylen did had saved her life, most likely. so she didn't want to seem like she wasn't happy here. "I'm sorry." she said, sniffing and rubbing away her tears. "no more crying."

"Hey, it's okay to cry." she pulled her into a hug. "I know you're upset about what just happened." she smiles. "Would you like to help me on the ranch today? You can water some plants!"

"okay." she said, leaning into the hug deeply. she needed it badly. she let the scratchy human clothes become all she could see, all she could focus on. and for a moment, there was no worry. it was just her and the nice farmer. "you should refill your birdfeeders." she said, quietly, after a long moment. truth be told, this wasn't her first time on the farm. she quite liked the birdseed and penut birdfeeders.

"hm, you're right." She got up, picking up some bags and going to refill her birdfeeders.

she smiled, glad to hear it. she knew she, in her bird form, would be eternally greatful for that. she liked snacks. "so... I am not strong." she admitted. she wasn't strong enough to lift very heavy things. "how do I help?"

"Well, would you like to water my crops? It would help a lot." she smiles, motioning to a watering can that she had dropped in her rush to comfort Raven.

"I can." she said, smiling at Jaylen. she stayed in her arms for a long moment, just seeking the comfort and framiliarity that came with it. when she forced herself to get up, it was a bit of a struggle, admittedly, to convince herself to face the day. but she did, getting the watering can. "where?"

Jaylen motions to some plowed fields, "Just water as much as you can, sprinkle a little on each dot there." she grins

she watched, smiling at Jaylen. "got it." she said, picking up her watering can and heading outside. she wanted to pull her weight. that was a big value, at home. everyone was designed for something different. everyone had strengths and weaknesses. still... everyone pulled their weight. so she went outside and got busy doing lots of watering. she was ready to work and work hard.

Jaylen smiles as she took care of the fact that one of her cows decided to shat out a baby then and there. Fun. She had to call the vet.

"A human's coming by." she warned.

she was watering plants, when she herd the cow making noises. she seemed to be in distress. "oh... should I hide?"

"okay." she nodded, trying to be a little uplifting. honestly, she was nervous. she ran inside the house, locking her door from the inside and closing it. her room was not human. she went into Jaylen's room, searching for human chlothes in her size.

she couldn't find anything in her size, so she simply threw on a cowboy hat and put a bandana in her belt. she was still wearing pelts, but she was trying. and if all went well... she wouldn't even have to meet the vet. so she sat on the stairs, out of sight but not hiding.

Jaylen would be out with the vet for a few hours. After a while, she came back in. "Okay, you can come back in now!" she grins. "The cow and baby are fine."

Raven's breath caught in her throat when she heard the door open. she'd relaxed into her spot on the stairs, leaning against the banister in a casual way. but when the door opened, she half expected some evil looking human to come in and chain her up. when it was just jaylen, saying she could come out, raven sighed. safe. and the cow and baby were fine. this was all great news. still wearing the cowboy hat, she looked up, popping up into view. "good. was the human mean?"

"Not really. I don't think they noticed." Jaylen grins, closing the door behind her.
"You look adorable in that." She grins, going into the kitchen. "Would you like some bacon?" she asked, opening the fridge, which was stocked with plenty of food.

she sighed, glad that Jaylen's human friend hadn't even noticed. she didn't unfderstand how, knowing she smelled like a changeling just like everybody else. she didn't quite know what bacon was, to be honest. but she nodded, knowing she was hungry. she hat felt odd, but she smiled. "thanks." she said, smiling. "do i look human?"

"You look great." Jaylen grins, greasing the pan and letting the bacon cook. She sat down. "I get my clothes dirty all the time, so I have a ton of clothes." she grins. "Glad they fit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back