• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zombieland

Melody felt warmth around her when Oliver hugged her. It only took a few seconds to realize what happened before she hugged him back tightly, dropping her machete next to them. She sniffed, laying her chin on his right shoulder. "Sorry... That I didn't act quickly..." She was shaking with terror still. She glanced at the creature, wonder what in the world happened that made the zombie look like so... Different. She wiped her eye with a loud sigh, "Stupid zombie..." She says out loud, puffing her cheeks, trying to sound angry. "That's what you get..." She sniffed again.

Oli smiled as Melody spoke, "You did your best, and that's all I need from you.", he said, patting her head as she cried and spoke.

'Stupid zombie...', 'That's what you get...'

Oliver looked around at the room, "You like to cry a lot, don't you?", he asked with a slight laugh as he held her tighter so she'd stop shaking. Oli enjoyed the warmth of the hug, he felt like he had a friend again, someone he could count on. Besides, it had been a long time from when he had ever been hugged in the first place. He could also feel the fear that illuminated out of her, and he wondered if every girl was so emotional during these times.

Probably.

"Ch... Not really..." She huffed, trying to keep in a laugh. "This is the first time I have ever cried..." She says, hiding her face, 'For someone... That's the first time I have ever done that in years...' She thought. She kept silent, feeling calm enough to move on. She wiped her nose and eyes, "Okay, I'm good..." She leans back to look at Oliver. She grinned, "Thanks, Oli." She looked around, taking a deep breath. She sat on her legs.

"Whatever happened to that person... I'm feeling sorry for him... Or her..." She says, examining the zombie.

Oli smiled and poked her cheek as they separated. He stood up and looked around, sighing. "You're cute and all, but we're still stuck in this building and that fight probably attracted attention. We should move...", he said with a groan as his wound burned, Oli picked up his weapons, a baseball bat and his pistol, and would look over at Melly with a smirk.

She stood, grabbing her machete and puts it back in its sheath. She put on a smile, blushing again, "Well, then..." She went to grab her shotgun, having it rest on her shoulder. "Let's get going..." She sigh. She looked up at Oliver, seeing that smirk. She let out a small laugh, "Geez..." She started heading to the door, kicking the rest of what's left of it. She poke her head out of the door, looking around. She walked out, looking back at Oliver.

Oliver followed her having his pistol out. He nodded to her as she looked back and had just finished reloading his pistol. He had a slight blush and was still smiling. Oli liked this girl, now it was kind of obvious, but he wouldn't make any moves until they've gotten closer. Besides, who would tell someone you love them when your about to shoot a zombie or two and then get eaten? That didn't seem too romantic to Oliver.

In the distance a few survivors were fighting off against a horde, attracting most of the attention. Gunshots were heard, followed by screams and dozens of groaning pillars of bone and meat.

She looked back in front of her. She couldn't stop smiling, but then the sounds of gunshots and screaming made her frown. They're nearly close to the main entrance to exit out and she tried to see who the survivors are. She might know them, but she couldn't think of one person she met back then. She shook her head, having her shotgun ready as she continued to walk.

She took a deep breath, calming herself down as she glanced back at Oliver. She shivered at the sounds coming from the horde. She wondered if the survivors survived after all that.

"I can take the lead if you want", Oli offered, seeing as she was scared. He'd been through all of this before, he'd killed too many people to be scared by this, but he wouldn't doubt the chill that would go down his spine every time he spotted a zombie. He would smile as he offered to take the lead, it didn't seem very gentleman-like to hide behind a lady in the zombie apocalypse now that he thought about it.

The shots were still going off, and the horde's moans seemed to grow louder. No doubt they had around eighty zombies in that horde, all people killed by this horrible apocalypse, as most original zombies were killed much earlier.

"Ah, well... It's... Fine... If you want to..." She look back at Oliver. Well now, part of her says she should let him, but then another part of her says she shouldn't. She was still spooked out because of that weird looking zombie back there. She'll just need to get over it. 'Get used to it.' She thought.

She stopped herself as she looked at the zombies as they past by from the outside. She couldn't help but stare at them. She looked down at her feet, seeing the glass shards and blood everywhere on the ground. She listened to the sounds of gunshots and the growling, moaning sounds from the horde.

Oli nodded and took the lead, sighing as he exited the building. He spotted the horde, and people atop a bus firing down at them. One of them spotted him and aimed towards him, Oli fired first however, and had shot the man in the neck, causing him to fall back off the bus and into the horde. A few zombies went towards Oli after the gunshot, however most stayed on the remaining three people, who were all in shock after watching their friend fall, however they didn't know where Oli was exactly.

Oli groaned as he took cover behind a ruined car, shooting some of the zombies down. He didn't want to kill more people, but that man had aimed first, and Oli had shot first.

She looked behind them before walking out of the building, following Oliver. She tip-toed, looking over Oliver's shoulder, seeing the survivors. She blinked when she saw one of them pointing their gun at them, but he fall off the bus. She glanced at Oliver, since he pulled his gun out. She didn't say anything and she quickly went to take cover as well. She pulled out her sniper rifle, looking over at the zombies. She helped shooting those zombies down.

She shoots at the zombies that ran towards her or Oliver. She take a quick look behind her, seeing nothing but scraps of metal and debris all over on the ground. She turned her head, looking around for any zombies that are walking towards them.

Oli kept firing off at the zombies, and the horde shortened to about eleven zombies. Oliver moved up and took cover behind another car, by this time the zombies would have been killed. The survivors were getting down the bus and searching their friend and the corpses, they had their weapons raised, weary of the shooter.

Oli looked over at Melly and whispered. "Should we just kill them, or negotiate? I mean their friend tried to shoot us...", he said with a slight frown, his grip on his pistol tightening.

He didn't enjoy killing others, but he didn't want Melly to do it either.

She followed him from behind, taking cover. She looked around to see that the zombie killing is over. She sighed, leaning against the car. She took a peek at the survivors. She looked at him when he whispered if they should just kill them or not.

She had that worry look as she looked at the survivors. "I... Just hope they won't shoot when they saw us..." She whispered back, "We could try to negotiate... I don't want to see another living person get killed..." She looked at Oliver. She carried her rifle on her back, sighing. She tried to think of a way to help get them out of trouble.

"Look, you negotiate. If they start firing I'll be the one to kill, I can tell you don't like too.", Oli said with a sigh, looking back over at the survivors. The three were mourning over their dead friend, and one of them seemed angry. Oliver didn't know which idea was better, however Melly wanted to negotiate, and he let her make the call.

It seemed like the trio of survivors were arguing and pushing each other about, one yelled something about 'finding the bandit who did this and making him pay' while another argued to him that it was 'too risky'. The two arguers both had casual clothes and rifles, while the silent one had a machine gun of sorts.

She gulped and nodded. "Alright..." She looked at herself, feeling determined to talk to them. She grabbed her rifle and shotgun, setting it aside, hiding them. She figured maybe having only her machete helps. That's all she could think of from the start. She took a deep breath. She slowly crawled her way out of her comfortable hiding spot.

"U-Um... H-Hello..." She says, being a bit loud for them to hear. She poked her head from behind the car, closing her eyes tightly. "D-Don't shoot, please!" She says jumping up slowly, showing her herself whilst having her hands up, empty handed.

The two looked over at her and the silent one sighed, gripping his machine gun tighter. The two others stepped forwards with their guns raised. "Don't move, what do you have with you?", one of them asked. The other one who was approaching was aiming around, looking for any one that would be with her. They were survivors, but a more critical term of survivor. Bandit.

Oli remained silent, waiting for Melly to give some sort of signal to fire if need be. He had a bad feeling that this would go downhill very, very fast. Someone here was going to be targeted...

"Just my machete, sir..." Melody gulped, opening her eyes. She looked at them. "And... My supplies..." She says, looking at the three. She examined them having a serious look on her face. She snapped out of her thoughts, having a worried expression on her face, again. She tried smiling a small but nervous smile. "I-I just happen to be passing by until I saw you guys... So I felt like maybe... Um..." Her words trailed off.

(Text on last post was supposed to be red) "Well this is our land, and you'll have to pay the fee..", the one man said with a smile, looking down somewhere under Melody's waist. Oliver had had enough and fired, taking down the two who had approached her. The man with the machine gun opened fire on Oli who quickly took cover. The two had entered a firefight, and Melody was right on it's border, bullets whizzing past her.

The man with the machine gun took a bullet to the right leg, and Oli had his left arm scratched a couple of times, but nothing major. "So you're the one who killed him, eh?", the survivor called out as he fired a three round burst. Oliver yelled back as he shot four bullets in the man's direction, "Yeah, and now I'm going to kill you!"

(Ye I know :3)

Melody's eyes widen, making her yelp in surprise as bullets past her. She ducked leaning back against the car, hiding from the flying bullets. 'Well... This sucks.' She thought, glancing back at the remaining survivor. She listened to Oliver and the guy talk. She sighed, wondering why the hell did it come to this. But it doesn't matter, right now they need to get out of here alive.

She went to grab her weapons back, carrying them on her back. She glanced back again, putting her machete back in its sheath. She looked around at the ground. She waited until it's over, leaning back on the car. "You guys just really have to mess things up, don't ya?!" She yelled at the survivor, crossing her arms.

Oli managed to hit the man square on the chest, and he stumbled forwards, dropping his gun. He raised his hands up in the air as he hit the ground on his knees. "I... I have a family! Please, please!", the man begged, crying. "Plea-", he would being before a loud bang was heard. Oliver had shot the man in the throat, and he was now choking on his own blood, "You had your chance". Another shot, to the head, instantly killed the man.

Oliver went over to the body and kicked it, making sure he was absolutely dead. The man's forehead was rather disfigured by the bullet wound, and his neck was torn unnaturally apart. He sighed as he looked down on the man he had killed. It had to be done, or he would have killed more innocents.

She sighed, rubbing her templates. The silence tells her that it's over for today... She stood, leaning on the car. She looked down at the dead, just staring at them. She doesn't know them, that's for sure. The thought of that guy having a family, he's probably lying about that. There's just no way... She shook her head, walking over to Oliver. She looked at him.

She crossed her arms, as she look at the faces of the three men. 'They didn't even know what's coming...' She thought. She scratched her cheek, looking back at Oli. "Let's go..." She says softly. She was actually glad that Oliver and her are still alive. Even though there are lives being taken away.

Oli would nod, collecting the machine gun of the man and the rest of his ammunition. This would come in handy. He looked around and began advancing on the road, by then they had turned right and spotted the ruins of a wreckage, a helicopter shoved through an 18 wheeler, with bodies all around. Vultures were pecking on the corpses, and tiny flames were still going.

"Damn.. what happened here?", Oli thought aloud, gazing at all the wreckage. Some bodies didn't even look like bodies, they were so horribly mutilated...

Melody followed, she examined the place. It was too quiet for her. But when they came across a huge mess, she looked at the bodies and vultures just at the distance. She frowned at the way the bodies look. She shivered slightly. "Wow... That's just... Horrible..." She says softly. She placed her hand over her machete, in case something happened. She continue to look down at the bodies as she passes by it. She even looked for something useful that she can use, maybe some ammo that is laying around some where.

She whipped her head around when she heard moaning and growling. She looked around, only to find a zombie that is trapped under the helicopter. It spreads its arms out, reaching for them, but it couldn't. "Huh..." She raised her eyebrow, continuing on.

A few zombies were also pinned beneath the 18-wheeler, and one of them looked like the one who would scream, however it was silent and sitting there as if it were dreaming and was fast asleep. It looked like a soldier, however it had the same long claws and it was staring off into the distance. Oli was looking down at it, ready to shoot if it began to shriek.

Figures moved in the distance, quickly. There were survivors, two of them, one looking like a soldier, the other a normal person. A group of zombies followed from behind them and were dropping one by one.

"I'm not sure we should help them...", Oliver said, doubting that they were friendly. Not many people were friendly any more. Other things were on his mind, but that was one of them.

She looked at the zombies who were pinned and even at the weird long-clawed zombie. She looked up when Oliver spoke up, noticing the other two survivors. She raised her eyebrow as she looked at them. As first she thought she saw Michael and herself, but she knew she was just daydreaming. She sighed, trying hide the shakiness of her breath. "Let's just leave them be... They'll be fine... I'm sure of it..." She says as she looks at them. 'I hope...' She thought to herself. She glanced at Oli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back