• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zombieland

Milo A Beilschmidt

We all need a little boost from our inspirations.
Yes, like the movie 'Zombieland'. And a bit of left for dead. Be your own oc, please. :3 Only 2 more people can join then it's closed. Maybe another guy, 1 girl? This is also an anime roleplay, since I'm used to roleplaying in anime style. I will have the character info down below and you know what this roleplay is about...

A world... With horror. Zombies everywhere. Special infected or normal infected. Your job is to either survive or sacrifice/die. Pick up your weapons and fight, or just take cover in the shelter and hide until you starve. You need to survive by having to have enough supplies that will help you last. You know the drill...

Character Bio

Name:

Height:

Personality:

Weapons:

Dislikes:

Hobbies:

Bio:

Looks: 

START OF ROLEPLAY:

Melody walked down the bridge to the head to the other side of the city. She kept her sniper rifle close as she looked around, making sure no one else is around to come. Even those zombies. She would have to watch out for them too. But luckily there's no one in sight. She continues to head her way to the end of the bridge. She sighed. She missed her friend. Michael. He was a good man. He helped her ever since she was a weak 10 year old, and now, Melody is someone who you can actually count on. She still misses being with Michael. He was like an older brother. Her second brother... She couldn't remember her family since they died a long time ago...

Melody grabbed her machete from its sheath, just in case someone or something jumps out to bite or scare her. She wasn't scared, she just hates jump-scares. But she knows when to strike or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oli was in a building, somewhere, anywhere. He didn't know anymore, however he knew there was one of those.. things nearby. He pulled out a knife and walked up quietly behind it, jabbing it in the back of the skull. A feeling of safety engulfed him when the zombie slumped down unto the ground as he yanked the blade out.

He had been travelling this city for awhile now, and was preparing to leave in one week. A terrifying groan sent a chill up his spine, he turned around to face the source and spotted a zombie, who was once chomping on a dead body, and now approaching quicker and quicker. Oli dropped his knife and quickly gripped his baseball bat, swinging it hard into the zombie's face as it got close. The thing's skull cracked open and it fell unto the ground, however it tried to stumble up. Oli quickly bashed down unto the corpse's head repeatedly until the thing stopped moving, and it's brain matter was surrounding it.

Afterwards Oli put up his baseball bat and picked up his knife, cleaning it on his shirt and sticking it in one of his hiding places, his left pocket. The man moved slowly down the stairs to the lobby of the large hotel he had wandered into, satisfied with the food and materials he had collected within. To his right was a bridge connecting to the other side of the city where he saw a figure, he urged himself to run the other direction, but his curiosity and boyish side wanted him to find out who it was, and to find a first friend in this apocalypse.

He sighed at his own stupidity and raised his hands into the air, slowly stepping towards the woman moving forwards on the bridge. "I'm.. I'm friendly!", he'd yell, not too loud, but definitely loud enough for the woman to hear.

Melody stopped. She though she heard someone's voice. She looked up, seeing a figure up ahead. She quint her eyes, trying to see if it's a zombie or not. She tighten her grip on her machete, walking slowly over to him. "Friendly...?" She says to herself. She saw him just waving his hands in the air. She tilt her head slightly. She continued to walk over, "Friendly, are you?!" She half-yelled. She put her machete back in it's sheath, feeling like there is no need for any more violence. She wondered if he's with some group that is hiding somewhere in the buildings. She hoped not.

"So... Are you alone...?" She says out loud, continuing her way to the person. She glanced behind her.

"Yes, I've been on my own for awhile now, I just need someone to talk too!", Oli would yell back in response, walking towards her as well. "I promise I wont hurt you, besides I already have enough supplies to get by, I don't need anymore."

Oli would have gotten near the girl if she hadn't drawn a gun or weapon by then. He still had his hands raised and had a smile on his face. "You okay?", he'd ask, glancing at the girl to see if she were bitten, however he'd mostly keep his eyes on her face.

She's young, it's not like I want to do anything to her, but.. how old was she when it began? Oli would think to himself.

"Ah... I see..." She nodded once, looking at him. She slowly stopped when they meet up. She put her weapons behind her back, having her hands free. "I'm okay right now... No bites or anything... I've been alone for quite a while, too..." She sighed, the image of her best friend pops up on her mind, but she pushed that aside. "Anyways, what about you...? Did you got bit or feeling sick, or what?" She tilt her head. 'He's freaking tall...' She thought. She wondered if he have anything on him. He did say he has enough supplies... She wondered if there's food...

Oli shook his head as he put down his hands (weapons already sheathed), "Glad you're okay, I'm fine myself. Maybe a small fever, but that doesn't matter", Oli would say with a sigh. "Are you hungry? I have supplies, food too. I wouldn't mind", he'd say with a smile. He gave off the feeling that he's kind, however it seemed that he was almost desperate for someone to be nice to, someone to socialize with. Oli would begin to reach for his backpack in case it was a yes from the girl.

He wouldn't lie, this girl was attractive, but he just didn't know how young she was. Oli shook off the thought and brought reasoning to himself, she was probably way younger then him, no way would that work out without him feeling like a pedophile.

His mind snapped back to reality.

Melody made a smile. "Glad to hear that you're okay too. " she sighed in relief, extremely glad that she's not alone anymore. When he mentioned the word 'food', her stomach made rumbling. "Aha... Yes... I am. All I have is a water bottle..." She took out her water bottle, shaking it. "Lucky for me, it's half full... Need to stay hydrated even when you're outside for too long..." She chuckled softly. She looked up, having her arm over her eyes. She looked for the sun. She suddenly remembered something, making her turn her attention back to him, "Oh, sorry. I guess I didn't introduced myself. I'm Melody... Melody Hunter." She grinned, having her hand out.

"I'm Oliver, or just Oli, nice to meet you Melody.", Oli said with a smile, taking off his backpack. He pulled out a box that was within his backpack and laid it across the ground in front of them. There were different packages of noodles, five bottles of water, a few cans of spam, tuna, and even a few packets of rice and of raw meat, along with bottles of different seasonings.

"Take whatever you want, I don't mind, just try not to leave me starving, will yah?", Oli would say with a smile as he stepped back from the laid out food. He looked around, cautious. "Are you on your own, Melly?"

Melody smiled, "It's nice to meet you too, Oli." She watched him grab the packages from his bag, she didn't know what to grab. But she knew she mustn't be so greedy. He need some as well. "Alright then... "

She grabbed the two water bottle and just a third of what Oliver have for food. She didn't take much, but it's enough for her. She just hoped its enough for Oli. She grabbed her backpack, kneeling down to store her food and water bottle. "Well... Thanks for lending me some... Hopefully it's enough..." She sighed. When he asked if she's own her own, she grabbed her bag, arranging her weapons to make herself comfortable when she runs. Then she answered, "Yes, I am on my own..." She looked at him, noticing the nickname he gave her.

Oliver nodded as he gathered the food she had left. He got up and stretched, smiling. "Well, do you want me to walk you? Two people are better then one when it comes to a fight. Besides, I've heard that this area is a little teeming with bandits. I've already found at least three bodies, all shot.", Oli said worryingly, looking over at the way he had come from. Not only were there bodies of victims, but there were certainly undead inside of the buildings, however roaming the streets would make them easy targets.

You had to hate bandits, especially snipers. Oli knew this by his second week of surviving, by encountering his own cousin. However he didn't think about it much, and stopped thinking about it now.

"I.. mean, you don't have to or anything, I'm not.. well.. you know what I mean, if you want to...", Oli would say, his head thumping. The sunlight felt like it was frying his brain, and sweat was running down his face. Besides, he hasn't talked to anyone in a very long time, it was awkward to get so social again.

"Ah... Bandits... " She crossed her arms, clicking her tongue. "Well, sure. I don't mind..." Melody made a small smile when she looked at him. "It's probably much more easier to have someone watch your back, huh..." She looked down at her feet. Maybe Michael would be glad if she were to be with someone and not on her own all the time, especially when being with someone who's kind enough to give you some food. She actually thought that Oliver was a pretty cool person ever since they first met.

Two long years since she has been alone. She figured that now is the chance to have someone who could watch your back.

Oli nodded and gazed over towards the buildings, "Yeah, you seem nice..", Oli would say, noticeably blushing, but it quickly went away as he focused back on the bandit situation.

"Besides, you must feel safe with such a big target as my self, I'll be like a human shield", He said, laughing a bit. Oli was pretty tall, but slender whilst having some muscle. He was rather pale, as if he didn't go outside too much even during the outbreak, he was paler then usual. Oli didn't seem sick at all however, but if you felt his forehead it would be rather hot due to his fever.

Melody let out a small laugh, having to have her cheeks turn a bit pink. "Well... I am a midget, but I can take care of myself." She looked at him with a smile. She actually hoped that things will work out well. No more deaths going on... She looked up at the buildings. She wondered what sort of 'treasures' she could find. 'It'd be fun...' She thought, having her hand over her machete. She went quiet, listening carefully. She could only hear the moaning and groaning from the zombies that could be trapped in buildings.

She took a deep breath, "So..." She glanced back up at Oliver. She scratched her cheek, "Let's get going...?" She tilt her head slightly.

Oli would nod. "I'll take point, if I miss any zombies or bandits of some sort you take them out, 'kay?", he'd say, beginning to walk back towards the road he had come from. Oli would look around at the building's windows carefully, scanning for snipers. He couldn't see any, but then again the last time he had been shot by a bandit he didn't see them. That's how it worked these days.

He slung out a desert eagle, ready to fire at any hostile that might show up. A few wandering zombies noticed them, but couldn't get to them through the wreckage of vehicles on the side of the building they were in.

"Might as well not waste ammunition..", he said, more like muttering to himself. Most people did that these days, not used to talking to others unless they were in a large group.

Melody nodded, keeping her hand over her machete. She watched him go and she stood still, looking around. She quickly walk towards a car, crouching and taking a look inside. Seeing nothing, she looked around and up at the buildings. She sighed, feeling like she won't be able to see from where she's standing. She heads to a random building. She looked inside through the glass. She could clearly see the blood marks on the walls and floor as if someone's been dragged.

After finding nothing unusual, she continued on, grabbing hold on to her machete as she pulled it out. She went to a different building, just finding corpses. She glanced back, just to see if anyone is behind her. She examined every single place that she missed. She noticed a crawling zombie... Just crawling. She walked over to it quietly. As soon as she got close, she stabbed it through its head with her machete. It stopped moving. She grab her machete back, walking back to where she is heading.

"So, what do you like to d-", Oli would begin before a loud bang would be heard. A cloud of red emerged from Oli's left shoulder, and his body suddenly went ragdoll as it flew unto the ground. He gritted his teeth, keeping himself from screaming in pain, and quickly crawled towards cover. More shots rang out and clouds of dust and bits of concrete flew around as bullets smashed against the road around the two.

Whoever it was got nervous pretty quickly. The target was visible, at the top of a tower-like building by the end of the road where it would become a turn to the right. The tower seemed creaky and ruined, however the sniper had a good spot, boarded up with a small hole for his rifle and for himself to look through.

Blood gathered around Oli and he would begin quickly firing back at sniper, trying to keep them off of himself and Melly. He could patch himself up later, it didn't seem to matter to Oli anyway, however he was losing lots of blood, but he could last a few minutes at the very least.

Melody's eyes widen in surprise. "Oli!" She yelled out, running over to him. She jumped when one of the bullets just slammed into the ground next to her feet. She hurried over to Oliver, sliding down next to him, taking cover. She pulled out her sniper rifle. She leaned back against the wall. She looked over at Oli, hissing with anger. She took a quick peek, trying to find the bandit or sniper, whichever. She couldn't find him which is a frustrating moment for her.

She look back at Oli. "You can stand right? We need to head in the building next to us." She says, a hint of panic on her voice. She looked around for some shield so that they could move safely. "I couldn't even find a clear shot at lower ground..." She mumbled to herself.

"It's fine.. I. I can stand..", Oli said with a groan, getting up slowly. He bit his lower lip in pain, however fired a few more rounds from his desert eagle towards the general location of the sniper. He was bending forwards, still low enough behind cover.

"I'll follow you... I.. got your back..", he said, coughing up something almost. Oli spit out some blood and held his wound with his left hand and his gun with his right, keeping the sniper suppressed. Great, his first day with someone nice ends with him getting shot by a sniper straight in the left shoulder, and now he felt dizzy... very dizzy.

Melody, still hissing with rage, grabbed his arm, hopefully not to create more pain to him. She slowly but quickly brought them inside the building. Only greeted by a zombie. She groaned, "Oh not now, zombie!" She quickly closed the door behind them. She lets go of Oli's arm, grabbing her machete, aiming for the zombie's brain and slamming it into its face. It fall backwards on the ground, not moving and she left the machete stuck to it's face.

She looked outside, hoping the sniper couldn't get them. "I'm going to kill that little..." She muttered angrily. She grip hold on to her rifle, looking back at Oliver. "You need help with that?" She looked at his wound. Panic and worry spread across her face.

"I'm.... I..", Oli looked dizzy, as if he were going to pass out. He grabbed at Melly's arm, gazing at it. He was in a sort of dreamy state for a second, before snapping back into reality.

"I can handle it... don't.. don't go after him...", Oli said with a groan, sliding back against a wall. He scavenged through his backpack and gathered whatever medical supplies he had, a multitude of band-aids, medication, and a large bandage. Oli used most of these supplies to patch himself up as he spoke.

"You don't need to be hurt too.. besides, he knows we're worth too much trouble now.."

Melody looked down at Oli as he patches himself up. She tried to hide the little tears that just hangs at the corner of her eyes. She sighed, sniffing slightly. She crouched down next to him, setting her rifle next to her. She has her arms crossed on her knees, hugging them. "Okay... I won't go after him..." She mumbled in her arms. She looks at him.

She didn't want to lose her only friend who she just met minutes ago. She's glanced out at the window, looking to see where the sniper is. Seeing no one, she sighed, looking around the inside of the building.

Oli finished patching himself up and sighed, putting up the left over supplies. "Hey, Melly..", he said quietly, looking around with his desert eagle gripped in his hands. The man was still shaking in pain and confusion, but he seemed rather calm, like he had went through this many times. A feeling of warmth surrounded him, and his eyes drifted towards Melly.

"Thanks, for saving me, I mean..", he said with a smile, patting her on the head. A single tear fell from his right eye, but that was about it when it came to any kind of emotion from him, other then the warmth he usually generated. "I haven't been close to anyone like this for a long time, so that might sound a little cheesy..."

She sniffled when she looked at him. She was feeling happy to hear that. She smiled widely, "It's no problem Oli. I'm glad I could be there to help you out." She realized something, "I guess that's means we're even now." She laughed slightly. "You helped me and I helped you." She sat down, criss-crossing, having her cheeks hurt from smiling a lot.

"Besides it doesn't matter if it sounded a little cheesy, but hey it's an awesome feeling to have." She says in a cheerful way. "I remember having the same feeling back then." She thought of her friend she lost, but kept that same smile.

Oli nodded and sighed, looking around. "Hey, we're not all the way across this region.. I promised to walk you..", he said with a smile. He bit his lip as he touched his wound, it would be fine for now. The man looked at her with a shine in his eyes, he seemed to want to keep this promise, no matter what.

"Besides, it's been a while since I've walked a pretty girl somewhere...", he said with a smirk. Oli was slightly blushing, but he quickly hid it within two seconds. He had never been nice to anyone like this, except maybe his mother, but isolation did that to him, made him strive for someone to care about.

"Ah, right..." She rubbed the back of her head, having her cheeks turn pink when he called her pretty. Heck, he's the first. She crossed her arms, looking out, "W-Well... Thanks." She made a cheery smile.

"Alright then..." She clapped her hands, rubbing her hands, looking around. "So... What now...?" She looked back at him in the eyes. She wondered what building they are in. She hoped that there's good loot. She grabbed her rifle, carrying it under her arm.

(Need to head to bed, night dude. I reply back in the morning. :L)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back