• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zombie Apocalypse

Jennifer had to take a moment to process what Nikole was saying.

This kid is more fucked up than I originally thought. I'm not the right person for this type of thing.

"Okay, Nikole, relax. Take a deep breath here and just relax," Jennifer said, her eyes wide open, trying to buy herself another second to think of what to say.

The truth is that Jennifer didn't know what to say. But being that she's wanted to kill herself many time in the past, maybe she was the best one. Either her or Holliday would be good. Holliday was better than she had originally thought with listening.

Kid," she said, stopping abruptly, wanting to change how she started. "Nikole, suicide ain't the answer. I lost so much of what my family was when I was young. I lost my brother at nine, had an abusive father for years, then watched both my parents died. I may have the luxury, or curse, of remembering them, what they looked like, what they sounded like."

Jennifer paused momentarily. She had to let her words sink in before she said them.

"The looks on their faces as they died, the pain they showed...," she continued, "but in some ways, it's a blessing not to. Then you wouldn't be stuck with the pain I am with."

The brunette pacer around slowly, thinking intently so that she say the right words and make sure this young girl doesn't do something to hurt herself.

"But the thing we have, you have, is a family now. You may think people don't like you, but they do here. Listen, I may come across as a bitch, a murder, whatever you want to call me. But I care about everyone here, including you. We all care about you. People have just been, at least what I can assume, weary of you. They see how you've changed, and they don't know what to say. I don't try to avoid you. I avoid everyone. I don't want to talk. I don't want to be around people. Why do you think I'm in here so much? But because I don't want to be around them, or you, doesn't mean I don't like you. This is a me thing, a thing for my own personal reasons."

Before Jennifer would finish, she needed to touch on one thing that Nikole said; burying her six feet under.

"And Nikole, I'm not going to bury you. None of us will, because you're not going to kill yourself. You're going to live, for us, like we all live for each other. Sometimes you need to hear it from others to realize that. I know that myself," she said, thinking about the incident with Austin where she herself almost killed herself.

"We fight for each other, and we need you. You are as vital of a part of the group as anyone else is. We need you and you need us."

Jennifer let out a sigh, she knew she wasn't equipped for this. Not now, at least.

"I'm sorry, Kiddo. If you were looking for someone to help you, you came to the wrong person," she said, plopping down onto the bed.

"This isn't my sort of thing. Maybe once it was. But now? Now it isn't. I'm sorry."

Jennifer had kept a relatively flat tone through the entire talk. She didn't raise her voice, go ballistic, or anything for that matter. Instead, she tried to keep herself in a position where her tone conveyed that she cared, but didn't directly show any emotion.

Twisting herself back onto her pillow, she embraced the cold side of it. For an abandoned house in the middle of a deep forest in Pennsylvania, it was rather stocked well with comfortable sleep inventory. Jennifer grinned at the feeling and closed her eyes for several seconds? Letting the comfort of the bed take away her stress from the world at the moment.

"Don't kill yourself, Nikole. We care about you. You are vital to the group, just like me or anyone else is. If you need more compassion, or emotion, like being held and 'loved,' then I suggest you see someone else. I'm not the best."

Jennifer just wanted to sleep. She had been fired from the day. She needed her rest. But she felt she wasn't going to get it. This irritated her, but maybe she was guessing wrong.

@Dibbydoo

Since she gave the dog her food Tori had gotten to her feet and walked into the kitchen to retrieve another bowl, though she only took a small one as she knew there was still others left that needed to eat. When she had took what would be enough to keep her for the night she wandered back into the living room and sat beside Tammy once more. Tori took a bog slurp off her spoon and smiled as the hot liquid made it's way down her throat and settled comfortably in her stomach. "Yeah we defo need to secure the bottom levels first" she agreed bopping her head in a yes gesture. She dunked her spoon in the chunky concoction once more and swallowed it down.

The blonde leaned back against the softness of the cousins and the sheer feel of them screamed of how expensive they must have been, even after all this time they were still full and plump. Tori found her emerald green eyes slowly scanning around the room as if searching for anything that would indicate what the people who actually owned this place before they took over. There were pictured dotted here and there of course but..most of them were professionally done so didn't give the personality of the family a chance to shine through. A soft sigh escaped the womans lips but she carried on eating. "Ya know...we all should have some snow warfare...it would be hilarious..split into different teams and just have a laugh?" she asked

@tammynorthland

Nikole didn't belive a word that went out the girls mouth, she just stayed looking down as she spoke. When she turned and went to lay back down, almost in an instant Nikole dissapeired. But she made no sound when she did, her feet were silent and quick. They slithered through and made sure to not step on anything or bump into anything.

She made it out of the area and smelt the food. It made her feel almost sick. Well, very sick. The only thing Nikole had eaten for a week was an apple, a few crackers, and a bit of Mac and cheese that was served by Tori. She shook her head and walked around boredly, soon enough spotting a place to sit, and sat there, on the floor. It was a corner in the far back of the living room. She just stared at the back of the couch as her fingers scraped on the bandages left on her writs, palms and loosely on her neck. The tissue wasn't on her face any more, her wound had stopped bleeding.

The dog barked as it ate, and ate quickly, enjoying the food. Tori could hear the quick pit-patters of its feet as he ran to her and jumped up, landing right in her lap. He wasn't a small dog, no no, it was a big dog. Heavy and tall. It barked once more as it soon relaxed on Tori, being happy with its choice of seating,

@tammynorthland @Lola Shimmer

Austin had quietly finished his food up in his room, and had sat and listened to the faint sound of voices coming from below and even down the hall. The man was completely content with not moving whatsoever from his current seat which had become comfortable, but he also knew he couldn't remain so with effort he stood up with the empty plate and exited his room. His path taking him towards the room Jennifer had said that Jorik was resting in. While the woman had said that Jorik would be fine, which likely meant Nikole had given him a moment of her time, he felt he should do the same.

While he didn't exactly underestimate Nikole, she was still so young and had much to learn medically, but Austin had his fair share of experience on the job. The door cracked open slowly as Austin looked inside to see that Jorik was still not awake, and with his empty plate in one hand Austin walked across the room and paused quietly beside the other man as he listened to his breathing. Little stuffy maybe, but other than that... With a quick hand to the mans carotid artery he got an idea of Jorik's pulse, and for the moment decided against checking his pupils. "How did a tough bastard like you get taken out by a little patch of ice?" He'd muttered with amusement in the silence as he took a step back.

@Runakei

Tammy took notice to tori and her comments. She didn't need to explain that a snowball fight would be the best idea that she could ever think of. Instead tammy nodded her head. She continued to stare at the fire as it was dying and stood up to replace the dying light with another dry log they kept in the garage to dry from the outdoor winter nights and days.

Tammy shuffled around the fire with the iron that was well used even before she the new world came to be. Tammy made her way to the kitchen where the entrance to the home was she glanced out the window. The moon was half existent tonight. Half crescant. What a unique sight to see. It definitely wasn't something they were used to seeing and observing the beauty. At least ever since they found their home at the manor. The manor provided a sense of living a sense of worthiness.

Tammy walked back from the entrance she never forgot how the moon looked and how it's beauty enlightened the night sky. Even the stars in the new world were that much more beautiful. She made her way to the entrance to the hallway seeing nikole make her way into the kitchen as she grabbed the hydra.

She glanced back at the wounds nikole held from war. Her internal war. She looked like shit. She was skinny, malnurished, most likely dehydrated, and exhausted looking. She ignored the meal that tori and her prepared together. Although tammy wasn't a 5 star chef; she still was very adamant about making prepared tasty healthy meals. And for what they had the stew was fucking tasty.

Tammy laid the hydra by her same spot in the couch and used a kitchen rag she found to begin cleaning the beast. Each stroked observed the teeth and caressed the neck to clean off the old dirt, blood, and other fluids most likely from the creatures that walk the new world. Each cleanse created the shine and restored new life into the weapon she created.

As nikole sat down she observed the bandages she had. She noticed how raw her face was from scratching and her mental issues. The young girl was tossed into this fucked up world and somehow still alive. Combined with the stress the new life they all had to offer it made it alot harder on them. And most likely especially herself.

"Eat. You look like shit." Tammy calmly covered that law of the land. She said it in the sense that was serious but not rude. She cared about the girl to keep her alive. They've all grown close together but the girl needed food. "And I don't care if your not hungry, eat." She repeated soft and calmly; yet of course abrupt.

@Lola Shimmer @Dibbydoo

Having laid there for a long time, his body felt naturally weak due to laying still for awhile. However, eventually, he'd come to only to hear the males comment. In reply, he'd simply give a weak scoff, "I appreciate the compliment...Though, Everyone who died yesterday thinks you’re one lucky son of a bitch..." through his weak voice is was obvious he was attempting sarcasm as he gave a soft chuckle. Sitting up he looked around to examine his surroundings and attempt to get a grasp on the scenario. 'Right... End of the world, the dead coming back to life, and yet I had to be the one to wake up..." a soft sigh came from him before rubbing his head, "What happened while I was out?"

@Crono

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin chuckled at Jorik's disorientation, "The others dragged your sorry butt back here. And we got ourselves a little prisoner below the garage, tied up of course." Any amusement he'd had was now gone at the thought of Patch and he sought to concentrate on the injured man instead, "So how do you feel? Besides that migraine you've probably got, any nauseousness?" Austin put up three fingers in front of Jorik's face, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

@Runakei

Jórik looked over to the male and shook his head, "Three... And no, no nauseousness... Just a head-splitting headache." As though mentioning it seemed to ignite the pain he simply groaned and placed his knuckles on each temple of his forehead and motioned in simple circles in hopes to relieve pain. Do we have any White Willow Bark? or Passionflower?"

@Crono

Her eyes flickered toward Tammy. She frowned to herself. Not from how harsh her word were. " I'm not hungry," she said softly, her voice cracking. She looked away as she stared at her fingers. Her nails were long, but somewhat well kept. She didn't know her face was raw , and didn't know what colour her eyes were anymore, so she didn't bother to take care of herself or even glance toward a mirror. Like she said, she sees things she doesn't want to. Mirrors are liars. They always are. Always will be.

" I care if I'm not Hungry, and I'm not. So I'll be fine, Tammy. " she hummed, her voice soft but hurt . " I'll get sick if I eat." She said, soon enough tearing at her palms with her fingers. She was getting itchy again, and it happened when she got scared, nervous. She looked away from where Tammy was, and soon enough MOTICED what she was doing. She pulled her hands from her palm, noticing it was bleeding, in a hurry she quickly out bandages over,msighing as she out her hand in her hair. What was she doing to herself?

@tammynorthland

" Why do I act all cocky and smug?" He asked out loud, to himself. He sighed as he let go of the bundled ropes, letting his hands slip out. He didn't lash out, actually. He leaned forward and out his arms on his knees. Patch didn't seem to care that he had an arrow pointing to his neckl heck he kind of liked it,mm owing how strong the girl was. He sighed as he looked down, smiling with a soft laugh. " I act that way to hide what I'm really feeling. I thought I was going to die, you know?" He looked up at her, a straight expression layed across his face. His eyes were blue, and were soft as they met her eyes. He smiled weakly and looked down once again, staring at his fingers. " Jeez, I just realised how much of a mess I am, along with a world. Heh. Funny, don't you think?, he looked up at her, a slick grin across his lips. He shook his head to himself and looking to the side. His legs were still tied.

"Your not the only one, a lot of people are messed up after everything they know and loved died right before them. I don't think it's funny, I think it's sad." She says as she thinks to herself, about her family, her dreams, her life....everything was gone. She was one of the lucky ones, who didn't change that much, while Nikole and Je..."Don't you dare think of that again, not now." She sighs, trying to clear her head and tries her hardest not to show any emotion something she wasn't too good at, as she looks at Patch, "The only thing you are going to get by being cocky like you are is a punch in the face if you don't stop." She looks over at her plate and mutters to herself, "Going to regret this." She moves the plate in front of Patch, "While you have your hands untied, have something to eat. We may not trust you, but we aren't cruel people." She keeps her weapon pointing at Patch, "But just so you know, one wrong move is all it will take for you to die." She watches and waits to see what Patch would do, if he would cooperate or if he would end her sorry life.

@Dibbydoo

Tammy glanced down at the palm she hastily tried to cover up. She was more than likely experiencing forms of phycosis, or even a strain of ptsd. Tammy didn't question her anymore or bother with trying to help her or anything like that. She figured she'd just have to protect her in case their manor was ever intruded on by undead or even the living.

Tammy cocked her head slowly closing her eyes and slowly shaking her head as she finished her creatures nightly cleaning. "You should smoke some pot." Tammy stood up and adjusted her palms positions on the hydra. She never woke up scared anymore she never feared the dead. She walked away toward the hallway and glanced back. "You'll probably be less skitzo." Tammy flashed some quick deuces and made her way to progress toward her room.

"I need sleep, if it's my watch turn wake me up when it is." Tammy made her way to her room at the end of the large home of the manor. Tammy didn't stay anywhere near tiffany room. It was just to much headache when the damn kids woke up crying at night.

Tammy made her way into her room at the very end of the building across the hallway was hollidays room and next to her was jennifers room. Tammy tended to not spend much time in her room. It was actually very nice on the inside the previous owner had the whole room set up with an oriental vibe to it. Not oriental like the mates was on the floor. But oriental like the color a range mentioned and furniture had a small Japanese Chinese feel to it. Her room was shaped like an l and had no bathroom. A gamble tammy took since she was far away from the screaming kids and nikole room.

She set the hydra down next to her nightstand and bed and begun to change out of her days work of clothing. Tammy undressed finally and made her way to the bathroom where the group kept a large bucket of water for them to cleanse themselves with. They had to safe the water they had considering the propane was limited and they didn't want to use water which in the winter who knew if the pipes were frozen and if they were causing a rupture would be a tough fix for any of them to use. Instead they used as little faucet water as possible

Tammy washed up Oklahoma car wash style and although the water was very cold it was still refreshing and nice to feel clean once again.

After finishing cleaning up she progressed to put on her sports bra which was as tattered as most her other clothes before she found the manor. And put on a large loose fitting nutter top that most likely was made for an older women. Maybe around 40s 50s. It definitely didn't look good but it was warm as hell and acted like a robe in size. She sat back down in her room to the candle light she had placed and the oil lanturn she had illuminating the bedside next to her. They had electricity but the gas powered the generator and they tended to use it sparingly and mainly during the day considering they could not see at night and the generator could attract alot of unwanted visitors they tried not to take alot of chances.

Tammy laid back on her bed and let out a large sigh. The bed never felt better and more rewarding than the one she slept in every night.she smiled closing her eyes. Taking in a deep breath and releasing the carbon dioxide through her nose as her heart rate slowed to a resting pace. Her eyes lids grew in weight. After 15 minutes of relaxing feeling her body begin to rest, she passed out like a light.

FLASHBACK

Tammy awoke in her bed, at least, that night it was her bed. For the first time she was able to cover a large amount of distance leaving her city she once came from where her old school lied. Tammy Made her way out of the room she had held herself up inside for the night. She developed a pattern, She moved during dawn throughout the day, covered as much ground as she could and when dusk began to fall in the warm fall evening which led her soon in the next month of the winter months, she would find a sturdy empty place to hold up for the night. The home belonged to a single family, The master bedroom had pictures of their former family members. She could only imagine they had a painful death like alot of the people on the corrupted earth she was destined to be stuck with. Tammy barricaded the door, the windows left un-barricaded as she held up on the second story which was also a unique technique she developed. The undead could not climb building so it was easier to push furniture and lock a single door rather than a whole buildings weak points. Tammy begun to push away the clothing dresser that lied in front of the door.

After she moved it she gathered her things and made her way to the first story and did one last sweep of the house. At this time she was well stocked on food and water because she was able to steal a car from a garage a few days before. That was the same day she took the livings life. Tammy was not successful in much findings apart from a gallon of water. unopened.

Tammy finally made her next move and left the home driving off in her stolen car which surprisingly had a decent amount of fuel left.

The sunlight begun to fade as Tammy exited the city continuing her life alone on the move. She finally saw the gas light come on around the afternoon. And finally the car sputtered to its grinding halt. 'Thats all the help I get from you girl.' She mentally chimed as she collected all her belongings she could carry on foot which was food and water and a couple change of clothes she had been recycling the past couple months. Tammy held her crowbar in the left hand and locked in her pistol into her waistline of her leggings. 'its back on foot.' she thought as she begun to creep across the remains of the town she was deserted in.

Tammy looked up into the sky she was about to go take a test for her med class. Of course she didn't study. She smiled and looked back down ahead noticed two people giving her a slight glance it was hot so she wore a red crop top with the word "dope," on it. She remembered the smell of the soft air and all the people around her busy as a bee going from class to-
Tammy snapped back to reality. She was walking among the city. For the most part it's been silent. She left her apartment a couple months ago but it's felt so much longer. Time melts into one. The earth stopped turning. Her family probably has no idea if she was alive or not... they probably think she's dead. Tammy went to school in a different state so they only communicated through text. She had her phone on play. Playing an old album she liked of calm zen style music. It helped her calm down, feel human.

She climbed up on top a liquor store rooftop to assess her gear. "Okay." Tammy muttered.

' one pistol with 12 bullets' helpful but she wasn't trained in firearms so it's just a threat;' baby formula, a crowbar with lots of blood, 3 cans of mystery food, a carton of rice milk, 2 snack bars, empty bottle of water, a knife and a new bag of jerky.'

Realistically at her calorie intake this was about 2 days of rationalized food. She needs to make it last enough time to get more.... "fuck..." she grunted out of options.

She climbed down and continued to walk the liquor store was burned up and no supplies were left inside. supplies are hard to come by even though so many are dead. She heard a team of corpsers and went into hiding she used a tree for cover and hoisted up into it no making as much as a single sound. Slowly;they moved by one by one. The smell was much like a bag with rotten pig meat in it. It was so gross seeing them move she wanted to go postal and make all of them die. She can't though....not this many by herself. She looked a few blocks away and saw movement. Of people. They went inside a building it was at least 3 blocks away. Once this horde passed she would have to sneak over there and take a peek who they were. Maybe they would leave and she could grab some stuff from them. Or medical supplies she could use.

The moans got louder and louder and the herd of corpsers finished passing by. She waited for an opening making sure none would catch site of her. Then made her way toward the building.

westside of Axhead Gulch, time 12:30pm

FLASHBACK

[media]

[/media]
Hive moved down the hallway with his companions. He was armed with 4 companions. He had himself, Vulcan, Henry, and Clarice. They were all out on a gasoline scavenge. The group woke up early that morning on the cold winter trying their best to make due with what time they had during the daylight. The gulch was about a 2 hour journey from them sadly they had to make the journey with snowmobiles only because the recent snowfall destroyed all chances of entry via truck or even a small car. The only way into the gulch during the winter time was a main road. But thanks to the traffic pile up that made it a fantasy to make it through. To their advantage they at least had the ability to prevent enemies from entering that way. The way they came in and out of was an old hiking trail that was west of the gulch. They utilized their strong assets of their home and made that their main access point but tried their best to cover tracks. This included a few traps they would disarm and arm when entering and leaving their home to prevent unwanted travelers from making their way into the area.

The town was quiet they were over the mountain and out of the valley. The town was quite large and there was another smaller town where alot of the wealthy made their vacation homes to the south of where they currently were located. Hive clenched his teeth through his full uniform for snow collections.

Collections: a crew of 3 to 6 people sent out to collect a vital resource of the day. usually food, medical supplies, or gas.

This time it was fuel. they knew the gas stations in the local area operated off of pump systems that may have been able to rig to grab some of the fuel from the main tank. All they could do was try but the info was provided by Henry, a local southern born and raised man who lived in the very town they were in.

"I bet this is the place right mate?" Hive shattered the cold breath as he killed the snowmobile and let the other 3 follow.

He unmounted the Tracked chariot. pulling his MP5 at arms and releasing the safety while Clarice repeated the actions for a trained guards position with her SPAZ-12.

"I reckon your correct." Henry grunted pulling at port side to Hive.

Hive smiled, "good we got alot to move on then." Hive was in his 40's, he had a 5 oclock shadow and considering the only bathing he got was spongbaths that were fireside heated. he actually felt pretty clean. He was able to shave his face every week or so even. All luxuries in the Land of the Dead.

"oh boy get a load of this." Henry hummed as Hive made his way to the entrance of the store.

The inside was covered in corpses the smell was old and rotten, any supplies in there were most likely worthless. Henry muttered. "fuck that be smellin' like a pig in poop!"

"got that right." Clarice said. she racked up the rifle and yanked out the crowbar she had stashed in her snowmobile and smashed open the main window as the glass fell to the ground.

"KEEP QUIET LASS!" Hive was stern but polite. He had that effect on people. The wind they had this day made it harder to hear so they had to be extra alert. especially of their surroundings. no room for error today "don't be busting out your own orders, we cant attract any unwanted maulers today.

Vulcan pinched his words together. "we have to move quickly either way guys." He walked through stepping over each rotten corpse behind the lead Henry who knew the area like the back of his hand. "you sure this gas should pump?" He said with hopes of reasurance.

Henry nodded followed by silencing a mauler with the stock of his firearm. "fucking stumper," he said to the deceased molten skinned corpse." Keep your scarfs on this ammonia could make ya'll pass out if ya breathe that shit." He flicked the manual switches behind the pump counter to the gas lines. "Now if im not mistaken our small cities gas lines were not hooked up to the main electric lines, rather they worked off a separate pump system powered by. You guessed it a generator." He mimicked as he made his way back outside the rotten room.

what ever happened in that room had to have been bad as all the maulers rotted in there with the dead humans as well. or a mix of the two.

Vulcan stayed on perimeter watch. the gas was a valuable substance they could not live without and considering the town was very low populated with people after the Land of the Dead begun. They figured their best bet was to use what they had while they had it.

they listened for the pump to activate. their gallons ready to make their moves.

"is it working numb nuts." Hive questioned.

"Give it a second. MATE." Henry mocked in a southern Australian mixed accent.

A few second went by and they heard the hum of the pump. based on what Henry told them about at the gulch he brought up that most of them worked off of battery units charged by solar or coal. they worked none the less. by some fucking miracle

Clarice jumped with joy. "fuck yea lets move."

Hive, Vulcan, Clarice, and Henry did not make haste they pumped each canister with what they had. Filling them up and sealing the lids. "we need watch still, Clarice keep watch don't let anything near us." Vulcan put out the order as he glanced up. There was a lone mauler. she yanked out the side arm pistol he had and silenced it and continued his fillup on the canister. Another made its way into the open. They came from behind the gas station. There were 3 more. "be rid them Clarice." Vulcan said holding his ground to the mission.

Clarice let off threw round of the SPAZ pumping each slug out of the chamber and onto the ground. She watched the maulers collapse. the earth stood still after the 3 echos....

"you hear that?" said Hive.

"hear what?" Henry said back.

"....more...." Hive murmured.

Hive threw up a full standing defense position and glanced toward the sound of the shots and where the maulers fell. "clarice theres more coming. move!" he commanded her to quickly pick up the filled cans they had and placed them into the baskets of the snowmobiles a few feet away. They started to make their way around the building.

"fuck there is 6 more!" Clarice said firing off 2 shots one after the other as the head of the undead shattered like a vase on tile flooring.

The moans grew louder.

"brace yourselves this is a full horde!!" Vulcan said. The face of fear smashed into his eyesight as he abandoned his post along with the other survivors in a panicked state. " load what we have we have to come back!"

2 more shots fired along with assisted fire from Hive.

Hive signaled to stop. "its too late we have to run. He pointed to the left where the other side of the gas station was as the undead were performing a full motion through the gas station snow filled parking lot that begun to become littered with blood on the snow.

The band of 4 made their way to the street as the undead creeped out. Each shot left the chamber as more and more came. There was at least 30 to 40 of them and between 4 people they were being forced to back pedal. The undead fell one by one to the gunshots. "there's no end to em!" Henry yelled retrieving the side arm of his pistol and popping the rounds in the clip he had. " FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!"

At this point they were outnumbered. they had to run or escape on their rig. At the point in time the maulers were already to close to be held off long enough to escape on the snowmobiles. they would have to backtrack for them. "How the fuck did we not catch this!?!" Vulcan screamed as another clip entered the firearm and he continued his shots in unison with Hive. Hive yelled back, " with the wind we are having today its very possible that it masked their groans!! RETREAT NOW, " he begun to turn tail as the others followed to escape they ran across the street. where the maulers followed mindlessly. no hesitation they moved around the 4 snowmobiles they had along with all the gasoline they were abandoning. at least they still had their lives at this point in time. Hive glanced back at Clarice. She was the youngest on the mission at the age of 30. She had olive colored skin and a large scar on her jawline from a past accident back before the Land of the Dead.

"To that building there get behind it. Lose them then!" Vulcan called out. He lead an eye back to see the distance they gained from the dead as at this point they more than likely had about 20 yards of space.

As they made their way to the back of the building they found a fire escape ladder that was reachable. Hive did not make haste, he made the jump. followed by Vulcan, and then Henry. The undead begun to circle the building as Clarice struggled to grip the ladder. "guys help!"

Hive looked down. 'fuck!' he thought as he one handed the mp5 from its sling to try and make some shots to the undead. The gun clicked. he was out and reloading wouldnt be feasable on the ladder. " jump!!! Make it up!" Clarice made one large jump locking her fingers onto the base of the ladder.

she got it.

Clarice locked on another hand and hoisted herself up.

"aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!"

The crew looked down. Clarice had a spare leg that wasnt quite gripped onto the ladder as a mauler grabbed its cold finger onto it. She tried kicking desperately to shake it off by then another one teamed up grabbing her trying to pull for a fresh bite into her ankle. Clarice was unarmed both hand locked dead grip onto the ladder. She creamed for help as they hastily climbed to the 2nd floor which revealed a platform to all stand on. By then her fingers released, she fell as the undead circled her. "get away!" She screamed as the bite entered her ankle. Hive flinched from the pain she must have felt. He hastily shook and tried to reload his MP5. "help me!" She screamed.

The crew watched in horror as one bite followed by another happened. Hive let out a tear. and aimed at her skull.

Henry glanced over in disbelief. "what the fuck are you doing shoot them down!" Henry yelled as he tried to perform a reload himself.

Hive sighed, "its to late."

Henry closed his eyes while Vulcan turned away from the sight.

BANG!!

Clarice fell silent as a tear rolled down his cheek. "cheers mate." He said. This wasn't supposed to happen, they lost clarice as they looked away at the horror while the undead were preoccupied with the score they had just made. Tearing into her soft flesh peeling back muscle, tissue, and warm fresh bloodied veins. The body lay limp and although they were safe, Clarice was not. She couldn't make it. Her body was at peace as she wasn't able to feel the pain. She was killed, it wasn't something Hive wanted to do. But he was not gonna let her suffer. She was gone.

They made their way to the rooftop. And scanned the gas station. The building was 3 stories tall and at least allowed them to fully see the horde. At this point in time they were all behind feeding on the catch and were abandoning their post near the station. even if they Made it back to the vehicles they would still have to answer to the undead. There were still at least 20 in the area. A few scattered where the mission originally took place. They lingered around the station.

Hive took a deep breath. he analyzed the teams weapons as Clarice was one with the most ammo. Her Spaz was on the ground and her body held approximately 30 rounds, according to when Vulcan distributed his trading pieces as part of the mission. She must have had 25 left and her pistol was emptied and had one clip left in her backpack. Which was on her snowmobile at least.

Henry shook Hives shoulder as he shuddered back to animation. "now what?" He said.

Hive stood in silence as he had no response. his mind shook away the thought of killing a friend. but he had to do it.

They all stood quiet for a moment on the rooftop, Hive was about to speak but halted his words.

" what is-" started Vulcan.

"SHH" Hive hushed.

Under the 30 mile per hour gusts he heard something apart from the undead.

"FUCKING SHOOT THEM!"

" I know that's not funny. How fucking stupid I am is funny. I always expect the truth out of everyone. So I give them the truth, in hopes I'll get it back. But it never happens. People do take advantage of me , using my little Troughton of truth telling for their own advantages. How fucking dumb can one be? Very,I'm living proof." Patch smiled softly at the girl. It wasn't a smug , cocky smile. It was soft and genuine. Something she deseved, not some slick faced flirt.She was nice, he respected that. He sighed softly as he looked at the food, taking it with a soft and gentle grip. He began to eat, it was slow though. " This is nice,mthanks.. And if someone Ounches me in the face, I'll just let them lunch me in the mouth too, because Inwoudlve deserved it." He chuckled softly, continuing his eating. He still didn't act out." So,mth at Nikole girl. I could hear voices talking about her. How is she? Can I see her?" He smiled softly.

@KathleneWilliams2121

"Whoa, how do you know Nickole?" Miyuki asks as she looks over at Patch, she was one of the few people he hasn't met, others being Joirk and Tiff. "And what do you mean about voices, they are in her head you can't hear them." She says as she narrows her eyes, "Why is he suddenly concerned about Nickole and how the hell does he even know Nickole.." Miyuki sighs as she takes the plate away from Patch when he finished and put it on the workbench, and sits down, waiting for the night to pass.

TIME SKIP

Miyuki sighs as she leans against the wall as she sits, watching patch. Pulling out her bottle of caffine pills, she takes a couple and puts the bottle away. She was tired but she was willing to push on. Then she hears noise coming from outside. "Oh, that can't be good." She opens the garage door and looks around the corner, bow and arrow drawn to be safe. She then sees the generator was banging and the fan was slowing down, "Oh no." She looks over it as she looks all over it, not knowing a thing about what's wrong with it. She goes back into the garage and rubs her temples, "Oh this is amazing." she mutters as she opens the door to the kitchen and sees Nickole, "Nickole, please go get Tori and Tammy. We have a problem with the generator." Once she sends Nickole off to find someone to fix the generator, Miyuki sits back down and continues watching Patch.

@Dibbydoo

Jórik Aríelsson Walking around he let out a deep sigh, the world still seemed a bit fuzzy and if he got too excited, the room would spin until his heart rate came down. Though, that was expected. After all, this wasn't his first time having a concussion. As he quietly walked around their safe house he'd begin looking for any herbs growing anywhere, though, he was almost certain that he wasn't going to find any. These people seemed to lack the trust of nature that he did. After scouting out the area he let out a soft sigh and sat down at the nearest table and simply let out a low, deep sigh as he continued trying to rub away his headache with his fingers.

Jennifer finally noticed that Nikole wasn't in the room. She left just when she was explaining things to her. She didn't get it, why she would just run away when she was telling her a cold truth. She shook her head in frustration. She felt her eyes beginning to close, and before she knew it, she was asleep again.

Morning

Jennifer opened her eyes. It was dark out. By what she imagined, it had to be probably around 5 or 6, but she had no way of confirming this. She wasn't tired anymore like she was last night. She was looking to get up and do something. The girl rise from the bed and stepped off to look out the window. There was a sheet that she had covering it, to reduce light from showing up to anyone peering around during the night. It was hard to tell, but flurries of snow fell softly to the ground. For a minute, Jennifer admired the beauty and serenity of simple things in nature like this. She loved nature. After all, that's where she felt home at.

The girl's stomach rumbled. She was hungry. Looking out for a minute, she questioned herself as to if she should go check traps or wait until later. Being that she wasn't tired, and she wanted to eat, she decided to go and check traps.

With her arms extended, she felt around the room, mostly hitting empty air. She could faintly see, but not enough that she could clearly tell what was in front of her. Walking around the room like a blind woman, she finally felt her slow clothes. She slipped on her snow pants, Carhartt jacket, boots, and gloves. Next, she grabbed her backpack, with her rifle lying right next to it. Walking down the stairs, making sure she didn't make too much noise, she found the front door and walked out.

Walking around the darkness, she felt peace. The combination of snow falling, lighting up the landscape slightly, and the ambient noises of the forest around them, made her think of what she loved, and the nature she was in. It was something she missed when she was in a development after they moved.

Trudging through the snow, she made her way to the first trap. Nothing. She then made her way to the second trap. There was a small rabbit in there, nothing too big or too small. She grabbed the rabbit from the trap, and moved to the next.

By the end of her time outside, she cleared every trap and rearmed them. When she was done, she had four rabbits. While the rabbits were okay, they certainly weren't gourmet food. But in this world, things like them were what one might consider gormet.

Making her way into the house, it was lighter out now. She assumed she had been out for an hour or so. That would make her estimate of what the time was incorrect. Regardless, she went in through the garage. Inside was Mikyuki, and the new person in the woods, Patch.

"Got some food. Hope y'all don't mind me cutting it up to eat," she said, keeping her eyes away from the two of them, putting her kill on the table she always cut and prepared food on.

She took off her heavy winter clothes and was left in her jeans, boots, and Henley-style thermal. She then began to cut the first rabbit to prepare to eat.

@KathleneWilliams2121 @Dibbydoo

Miyuki rubs her head as she thinks for a second as she looks over and sees Jen come into the garage. "Uh oh....." She then sees the rabbits that the traps must have caught. She nods as she speaks up, "Of course, Jen. Go ahead." She watches Jen as she takes mental notes on how she cut the rabbit, for just in case. "Did you sleep well last night, and how was the run? I didn't get a chance to talk to you yesterday so I was just wondering how it went." Miyuki then gets out sticks and a couple of rocks as she starts to make some arrowheads, needing something to keep her hands busy. Looking over at Patch, who seemed to be getting comfy, maybe sleeping she didn't know to be honest. Miyuki rubs her eyes as she continues to work on her arrows. "Hey Jen have you seen Tammy or Tori this morning?"

@Jennifer Shotain @Dibbydoo

FLASH BACK

Time 12:30 pm location northeastern town. approximately one hour away from The Manor.

Tammy Rushed through the snow covered road in the RZR. She had grown to love the way it drove through the snow. It certainly helped that the vehicle was 4 wheel drive, and the snow was a cakewalk due to the paddle tires it had on it. While they were more for the mud, the snow definitely was no contest for the tires. There snow was thick due to lack of snow trucks to push away snowfall. Any 2 wheel drive car would not be able to make it. Currently the manor was all left to 2 vehicles. Hollidays dually which was 6 wheel drive and seemed to never have issues. And her RZR. The Jeep Tiffany had was able to hold its own weight in the snow but was still risky to drive compared to the others. Jeeps tended to do great off road but snow was not an incredible advantage. None the less it did its job as long as it was operated by a good driver.

Tammy moved through the snow to the point of interest. While the group made their way through the town they stopped at a liquor store to grab anything they could find. after skimming the town they moved to where they found the manor. Tammy remembered a few major points of interest, one being the gas stations. If she could find a way to pump fuel they would have an easier time to collect and preserve gasoline rather than car siphoning. Tammy made her way up the road as she scanned for undead. Upon seeing only a few in the area she blew past them.

Tammy begun to creep up to the location but quickly slowed to a stop. People were already there... Tammy froze and killed the engine as the wind blew loudly and whistled through the winter trees releasing some of the powder snowfall from the branches that was leftover the day before. Tammy umounted the vehicle as she helf her cover behind a building about a block and a half away she froze in fear peering around the eastern building. This was most likely a tire shop and had a huge fence for cover to protect the cars that used to be stored inside. Tammy observed as they were on snowmobiles, she saw 4 people. To far to make out but they looked to be most likely armed. She was alone and with only The Hydra did not want to engage combat. She decided to wait this one out until the left. The people went about their mission just like she would go about hers. She watched as they entered the building. After a few minutes they left and returned to the pump stations and begun to do what looked like fill up thei canisters with the precious source both parties were after.

Tammy continued as she looked to the south. She widened her eyes and hid more behind cover keeping the Hydras teeth at arms. There was a horde on its way to the scene. They didnt even know it. Tammy weighed out the options in her head. 'should i alert them and help?' she thought. ' or maybe they will retreat and go for their vehicles and leave.' either or she would be getting her daily catch soon. But she made one mistake in not bringing Tori along with her even though she suggested it. Tammy said she was just going to check out a neighboring house. Boy did she lie about that one. Instead Tammy chose to hide. She made her way around the building to get a better site. She rounded the corner, discovering a corpser making its way toward her. It was a former woman with half her jaw torn off by something. Tammy silenced the body and retrieved Hydras teeth from the kill. They were sharp, fresh, ready for blood. Tammy kept an alert eye for any others in her area but struggled to find a dangerous entity apart from the horde across they way. Tammy heard faint gun shots from what sounded like a shotgun, followed by to quieter ones. She finally got a view and saw as the panicked bodies begun to shuffle around to get control of the situation. finally the rest of the horde round the gas stations main building. She watched as they tried to fight them off. There were to many, they were trying to fight but quickly realized this would not be effective. One person had an automatic. meaning they had good firearms at their side. If all went well they would retreat and take the enemies with them.

And so they did, Tammy saw them abandon the gasoline and the snowmobiles and tried to escape on foot. They didnt even have time to mount the snowmobiles, it appeared to be more grim than she expected. Tammy would have been able to collect their leftovers but she watched as they rounded the corner of the building to the north. Tammy made her move to get closer, she was silent through the wind of the winter midday. Tammy lost sight of them after the rounded the alley corner of the building, she couldnt make her move either. The undead were cornering them but also there were about 6 left that found interest in something by the station and they moped around the parking lot were their gear was. 'I could silence all 6 then take the snowmobile. no that cant work, that would leave the RZR at the south with no one to take it. I could take the gas and get back to the RZR, but the jugs would weigh me down and i might not make it.' Tammy juggled a quick plan. Waiting the storm would have them come back to recollect and possibly notice her, retreating would be the safest op-

Below the wind that ringed through the town she heard a bloodcurtling scream. Tammy acted without thinking, which was not the smartest. She ran across the street as the remainder of the horde rounded out of sight for the hunt of their own. Tammy was noticed by the undead that loitered the parking lot.

[media]

[/media]

Tammy let out a smile for her stupid decision she decided to make and pulled the Hydra at full arms, the positioning of her hands controlled the beast much like a night held a lance in a joust. The first and closest body took on a direct blow through the chest cavity by the heads of the monster and it sheered through the corpse, she lunged a kick to get out the blades as The body fell to the ground. she moved past it not bothering with a final blow and went to the next 2 closest after that kill. They both were about 2 yards away from each other. She re positioned the grip on the steel to look like a bow staff for Kung-Fu and slung a horizontal swing into the neck as the 2 heavy bladed severed the head clean to the bone releasing blood onto the winter wonderland, The second had its free lunging arm cut off by an opposing swipe of the Hydra followed by Tammy making a 180 swipe to gain momentum on the approaching corpser severing the head clean off this time. "3 down." Tammy panted as she walked up to the next and silenced it by stabbing both teeth through the eye sockets, it was a gruesome was to go and ended quickly for the former male that was wearing a wife beater when he died. She looked back at the building the undead were around the building and she heard a single gunshot. 'no way they wouldnt be firing all out right now.' she thought, what the fuck was going on. Tammy lost seconds from thinking and saw the next victim make its way to her as she released a stellar blow into the eye sockets again. second in a row. The next one laid behind the cover of the snowmobile as she walked up with the undead body in front of the snow bike and shoved the corpser causing it to topple over the snowmobile and hitting its back on the packs snow, she jumped onto the snowmobile holding the hydra ex caliber style and drove the blades into the skull as the brains and eyes were pushed back and into the snow behind the exit wound of the rotting skull. Tammy waited for the final parking lot guard to make its way to her high ground she took. She set up a baseball style swing and waited for the ball to go over the plate. a few seconds later a slash whipped out.

SLASH!

"home run!" Tammy chimed as the undeads' head flew clean off landing 4 feet away from where the body collapsed. Tammy jumped off and looked around. "those people aren't shooting..." Tammy said, she raised an eyebrow and saw movement on the roof her eyes widened. Three people. Tammy sprinted toward the cover of the building the resided on top of not wanting to be noticed. She knew there must have been a reason behind them firing one shot. There were 2 scenarios that played in her head. one was one of their friends went down and killed themselves. Or 2 they ran out of ammo and had to leave the gun and might be bitten or injured. Either way they had no way down from the front, or the sides based on the information Tammy took in as she ran toward the building. 'There must have been a way they got up from behind the building in the alley way. Tammy looked to the left to see an undead noticed her that strayed from the group. She drove the Hydra quickly into the temple and jaw of its head as the teeth were a few inches apart and it collapsed. She skimmed the corner of the building. In total there were about 30-40 in the beginning. between Tammy and the 4 other strangers there must have been about 15 killed, meaning there was alot left. Tammy had 2 decisions, by now she could help them and in mutual interest collect the gas and leave, or if they were hostile they would end her life. Tammy did not have any way to judge which radical they would be but she didnt have the opportunity to run. Two more creeped around the corner that strayed as well and she Slashed into one, Followed by a stab into the chest of the other which led to a descrewering shove with a final stab. Her fatigue level was low, she was gonna have to fight. but they had high ground. Two more creepd around and she backed up a few paces to gain ground to attack, she made a swift swipe slicing open the skull releasing its innards on the building wall and another on the undead body releasing the jugular vein and finished with another stab through the neck snapping the spinal cord.

"FUCKING SHOOT THEM!"

Hive flinched as he heard the voice of a female scream he looked over the building and didnt see anything. He knew the voice didnt belong to Clarice as he was force to end her life. He pulled the firearm up to the ironsights and looked ver the building unable to see anything but heard noises from underneath the building fabric awnings to prevent snow from hitting the front entrance he looked at Vulcan and Henry. "you heard the lady, fucking shoot them."

Vulcan narrowed his eyes, "you dont even know who that is what the fuck are you thinking?"

Hive fired 3 rounds silencing 3 of the undead that huddled through the alley making their way toward the fresh body while a handful stayed and feasted on their former friend.

3 more shots fired from Henry as Hive glanced over at him. He nodded in approval.

"For Clarice, Henry said a tear in his eye."

Hive nodded. "Vulcan, we need all hands on deck. whoevers down there is unarmed."

Vulcan sighed and obeyed the command. He leaned over the awning side of the building to try and catch a view of the voices source. There was definitely someone down there. He heard slashing and collapses of bodies, and she had to have been armed.

They released gunfire which echoed throught the town in unison. Killing undead Maulers. It wasnt about their lives, it wasnt about the strangers, or even the Gulch and their safe return.

For Clarice...

Tammy dodged an enemy swipe as the voices above her muffled through the wind spoke underneath it, and then shot began to go off. it lit up the town, bullet after bullet fired and she made swipe after swipe handling retreating ground to gain swinging and slashing distance. Slicing corpser after corpser. She lodged the Hydra deep into the chest of the nearest one leaving the beast arms free to reach toward her she was out from uinderneath the awning. She tried to kick it but needed the footing as the snow was to deep where she now stood from where snowfall was able to fall outside the cover from the awning.

BANG!

a shot released blood all over Tammy and her clothes as she reopened her eyes and saw the corpser fall limp and unscrewered it after it hit the ground. The next one was silenced from another shot. She glanced up hearing gunfire continue. She nodded in a silent thank you. Tammy was now apart of the shit show whether she died in the end by people or undead. Either way was an end for her life. She had no room to escape on considering they held high ground with ranged arms. And no one would rescue her.

Tammy heard the shots ring out fewer and fewer as they made commands.

"DO YOU SEE ANYMORE MAULERS?" Vulcan asked.

Hive fired 2 shots ans proceeded to draw his side arm due to the MP5 being on its last clip and just emptied. He shook his head.

"only 3 by the ladder." He said taking his close aim with the pistol and popping off his 3 carefully timed shots.

gunpowder smoke wafted the air, but the wind quickly blew it away from the area. The town fell quiet once again. Hive picked up his MP5 and hoisted it over his shoulder. He checked the pistols clip, it to just shot its last round.

" how we looking on ammo?" Vulcan called.

both voices replied. "that is it."

Vulcan nodded in agreement. His clip was just about empty on his weapon as well. Certainly not enough to make another full on attack and live to tell the tale. The glanced over the ledge seeing a bloodied woman.

Tammy made her last kill. The hydra and herself covered in blood from the amount that was shed on the snow covered ground, she made her way around the building to the back and searched for any living undead.

None.

Tammy waited a couple moments as she saw the 3 which were men make their way down the ladder and one by one thudded to the ground, Tammy kept a 10 foot distance from the and held her weapon in arms. She was not ready to lose her life.

Hive, Vulcan, Henry all stood and glanced at Tammy, all their weapons at port side and Hive had the MP5 slung under his shoulder. They maintained eye contact for what felt like eons and held a steady stare at each other. All 4 holding positions tight.

Tammy held her ground not flinching a single muscle, blood dripped from her weapon and her body, face covered in sweat, blood, and brains of the undead.

Tammy licked her lips tasting salty sweat and spat on the ground.

Hive tilted his head with interest. He noticed the girls age, her weight, her.... what was that. Strange weapon. She was unarmed other than the weapon in her hands. he observed her hair. It was decently kept up meaning she was able to have a place to wash up, her skin was bloodied and sweaty but she seemed to have clean clothes apart from the fresh blood she got from battle.

He smiled and begun to laugh hysterically. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!"

Tammy squinted her eyes, she didnt see what he was vibing. She couldnt get a read on them. Who were these people?

Hive ceased his laugh and looked at her with a smile, ignoring the dead around them including Clarice." How old are you?"

Tammy replied, "22"

He smiled and let out one last chuckle. "incredible, fighting with....what is that?"

Tammy tightened her grip white knuckle. "something I made."

He tilted his head curious. "really?"

she nodded.

"well." he paused. "How did you do that?"

She snapped a reply. "dont worry about it."

he raised his hands above his shoulders and told her to calm down. "please, please. its ok, you dont have to tell me lass."

She payed attention to his accent, seemed....Australian? British? "Who are you guys?" she asked.

Hive smiled, "Im Hive, This is my 1st mate, Vulcan, this is Henry."

"Is there more of you?" Tammy said.

"there was more, but she isnt with us anymore." Vulcan interrupted.

Hive sighed, " we were collecting gas, probably not that you care, but we werent paying attention and the Maulers got the better of us, we lost one and were trapped."

Tammy said nothing. She was scared shit less. But held her ground. "SO?"

Hive placed the pistol slowly back into his holster. "you saved us. Had you not killed as many Maulers as you did, we would have ran out of bullets."

"Blades dont need reloading. your sloppy." Tammy said.

"you should shut your mouth." Henry threatened. Hive threw up an arm to halt him.

"Your right, we left them on the snowmobiles. "

Tammy didnt sense any hostility. He seemed genuine, but trust is earned not given. She didnt let her guard down.

"Why are you here?" Hive asked.

"gas."

"well you came to the right place, how about we all fill up our fuel, we got the pump working thanks to Henry, Hes local."

Tammy spoke, "why should i trust you?"

He smiled, "we are both here for the same thing mate, the enemy of the enemy is my friend." He said walking past her with the others following with caution. "besides you saved our lives, lets call it returning a thank you!"

Tammy stood in her place debating what he just said. He showed no signs of hostility, no signs of anger, or even deception, he wasnt phased by her. and by her judgement. They said they were out of ammo. They would have all tackled her and ambushed her by now. she released the tight grip on the Hydra.

"How can you make friends in this world if you cant trust someone?" Vulcan said calm and fluent.

Tammy gave the phrase consideration. He was right. But not everyone can be trusted.

"what was your name miss?" Hive asked one last time turning his head back to her. while the others pressed forward.

Tammy took a step forward to follow them. "Tammy.... Tammy Northland."

Tammy woke up. It was a cold morning, she was bundled up in her covers to stay wrm, the home had no heater, it used to much energy, which was vital. so extra blankets it was. Tammy got out and got dressed, it must have been early in the morning her watch read 7am. Tammy opened the dresser and put on some basic clothing to at least cut the chill changing out of her old clothes she slept in and threw them on the bed. Tammy made her way downstairs and glanced outside. Miyuki and Jennifer were already up. Or knowing Miyuki she probably never went to sleep. Tammy made her way outside. "Guys Im fucking starving...." She said still grumpy and groggy.

@Jennifer Shotain @KathleneWilliams2121

Miyuki had caught him off guard when she'd thrown him out of the room. He didn't fight her, as he didn't want to hurt her. Defiantly he'd pulled the trigger again but it didn't fire. That damned patch was one lucky sonovabith. Holliday immediately wanted to go back into the room and beat the smile of the cocky brat's face, but he felt a sharp pain come from his side.

It was the bullet, however it was nothing like the attack he'd had earlier on. Holliday grit his teeth, knowing if he went back in there he would provoke it and make everything worse. So he stubmled back to his room and cleaned guns for the next hour and a half. After that he took a few shots of the whiskey he managed to grab and drifted off to sleep.

MORNING

The next morning, Holliday was up early. He went over every single map he'd recovered and studied the mountain side to the north. Just as he'd thought, there were two major coal mines on the back side of the range. Everytime Tammy had taken the RZR out on her little trips, that had to be where she went. He identified a few notable ATV trails that would lead him to a road to get him there. The fastest of which passed just East of a ski resort by the name of axehead gulch.

It wasn't like Holliday to just sit still. Nor was it like him to let this whole escapade go on any longer. He'd packed a small bug out bag and threw it in the back of the razor. His pistols and holsters were in bag to protect them against the elements, and he had his shotgun in a case beside him. He wheeled the ATV outside to the front and noticed some people were out and about.

"Alright guys!" he called, "I may have figured out a place to find a steady source of fuel. Im heading to the mountain North of here. No guarantees ill be back by tonight, there is a fair chance Ill have to overnight it. If I'm not back in 3 days, I'm dead. If someone wants to come they are welcome. If not, Ill go it alone. Up to you guys, it won't bother me either way."

Tori had been up for hours and event he time she had spent in bed it was very evident thanks to the large dark circles under her eyes and disheveled appearance, Had she even bothered to brush her hair? she didn't think so. Oh well. She sighed and sipped at the coffee she brewed, she wasn't actually a coffee person in fact she hated the taste especially when it was as watered down as this. However she figured any caffeine at this point would be a plus right? eugh she didn't know she just stared blankly at the table. That nightmare kept coming back...again and again and the woman shuddered again it was relentless and never ending. The blonde ran her fingers through her messy hair it had been worse last night though...she was getting real sick of waking up in cold sweats and feeling exhausted all day from a fitful sleep. Tori slammed the mug down on the table in clear annoyance and just shoved it away from herself, her head turned and she was staring out the window.

She wasn't exactly sure how long she sat like that for but when she did pull herself out of the little fantasy world she realized she was stiff and cold, "Eugh damn it all" she snapped at herself and forced herself up onto her feet. The blonde stretched and felt her bones creak and her muscles sing at her in agony. With a quick roll of her shoulders and some blinking she managed to make herself feel at least somewhat energetic. Tori had noticed that she was now not the only person who was awake, she plastered a smile on her face when she heard Tammy "I am about to make some porridge so don't worry" she snickered and her attention turned to Holiday then "Well you shouldn't go alone" she said simply "Alright soeone gather up the whole motley crew!!! i will make breakfast annnnd we can discuss what needs doing and who is doing what while we eat" she declared and didn't give anyone much chance to protest before she headed out of the room and into the kitchen. In mere moments she had snatched up a metal pit, shoved it on the stove and poured the oats in. It was weird she had kinda took th cooking onto herself and making sure everyone ate...but she guessed it was her way of feeling she was contributing...specially after how everyone had to look after her whens eh got hurt.

As Jennifer began to cut the meat to be prepared to eat, Miyuki tried to talk to her. Jennifer wasn't exactly the talkative type anymore. She didn't really want much to do with the small talk.

"I slept fine," Jennifer replied to Miyuki's question before answering the one about the run. "Run was fine, aside from the Viking slipping and knocking himself out. We got what we needed and left."

Focusing on cutting, she tried answering each question as simply as she could, leaving no room to ask a question off of it. Jennifer could feel Miyuki looking at her, thinking whatever the hell she did about her. They all did the same to some degree. She didn't care how some viewed her now. She was who she was, and she was surviving, like the others, and trying to keep them safe in the process. It was what she had become at this point in time.

Miyuki suddenly asked her another question. Jennifer, looking the other way, rolled her eyes. I just want to be left alone, she thought to herself.

"Nope, got up early and did what I had to. Y'all are the first people I saw."

As she went back to cutting the kill, Tammy came in, proclaiming she was hungry. The sight of Jennifer cutting up meat must have made her hunger worse.

"Working on it, Tammy," she said, with mild annoyance in her voice. Jennifer just wanted to be alone and in peace and quiet.

Just when she was slipping back into zoning everyone out, Holliday walked in, proclaiming his new plan for a steady fuel source. The girl listened to his plan. She didn't like what she heard. Holliday can't go out on his own. Yesterday, on the drive back, he almost got them all killed when he had that sudden burst of pain. She wouldn't let him go alone there, whether she went or not, which she didn't want to go, admittedly. He's a danger to himself if he's alone.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you go alone after what happened yesterday when you drove," Jennifer said, looking at him with some disbelief he would assert going alone. "Maybe it won't be me that goes this time, but after your episode yesterday, god forbid you're alone and die out there... We need you back here, Holliday. You're a vital part to this group. We can't have you go off on some trip and not come back to us. We need you here. You're one of the only people who calls the hard decisions here. We made it this far because of you. Like hell you're going out there alone. I know you offered to other people to go, but I'm not going to let you go out alone. Someone's going with you. You're too important to this group to die."

@Tombstone @tammynorthland @Dibbydoo @KathleneWilliams2121

Tammy ignored HOllidays wishes, she wasnt gong with him. He was totally capable of handling himself. She was of course not copethethic to the fact that the guy had a bullet in his body but she ignored that for now, typical.

Tammy moved back inside grabbing her coat to stay warmer and moved past the comment about porridge for breakfast. She always called it oatmeal, but the irish accent woman never gave her a hard time. If anything she made terrific food. Tammy went back outside she payed attention to Miyuki who just yesterday convinced her that they could kill each other in a matter of minutes. Hydra layed dormant in the hallway before her room. She might need it if the girl freaks out at her again. Tammy move throughout the front yard to where the garage was where Holliday and Miyuki were. Jenn was busy cutting up the other breakfast or even lunch they would have. Tammy never had rabbit before but she sure as hell would try it today if it was warm meat. The deer they killed the day before was also properly preserved thanks to Tammy, Jenn, and Holliday with their variating preservation techniques. none the less. They had a steady food supply. "whats going on? Tori said you needed us, shes cooking for now."

@Lola Shimmer @Tombstone @KathleneWilliams2121 @Jennifer Shotain

Miyuki looks over at Holliday as he is going to the mountains up north. To be honest, she didn't feel comfortable with him leaving by himself. She looks over at Tammy who was leaving to go inside and Jennifer mentions the obvious. "Holliday...." She thinks for a minute. Could she go with him? No...she was too tired, she wasn't going to be able to aim right with her head being as fuzzy as it is. "Holliday, wait. I say wait till tomorrow. We can go together. Right now, why don't you go hang out with your buddy." She says as she points over at Patch, "And try NOT to kill him. Thanks." She says as she turns and sees Tammy right near her. "OH um, there is something going on with the generator. Can you please check it out? Thanks." She says as she leaves and goes inside. She passes Tori, who was cooking breakfast. Climbing up stairs she looks over at the bedroom doors and sighs. She goes into her room and lies down on the bed and opens one of the books she got from the hospital. Once she opened it, her eyes closed as she falls into a deep sleep.

@Tombstone @tammynorthland @Jennifer Shotain

"What's this about going out?" Austin asked as he came down the steps with a slight sniffle. "I'm in." He hadn't heard the specifics, and to be fair he didn't really care. Austin wanted OUT, and not just the surrounding area of the house. "I'm feeling better, well enough to be of more use than sitting around here all day." The generator could be dealt with, likely having thrown a belt or something of the sort or so the man had guessed. That being said the smell of food led him straight towards the kitchen area, "Don't burn it." He stated amusedly, enjoying the fact that he could indeed smell once again. "I can taste normally again so it'd be nice to have some actual food to eat."

@Lola Shimmer @tammynorthland @Tombstone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back