• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Zhaojun] Vipers Honor, Shadowed Bonds

Ryoji "Kai" Ishikawa

1712169895639.png
Equipped Titles: Human, Delver
Kai slipped into the tavern with little fanfare. The sound being emitted from the various patrons inside was more than enough to give him a rough idea of his surroundings. The ripples of noise basked the various decorations and people in a faint blue hue. Any minor details about each individual was nearly impossible to make out. Although a rough height estimate and shape was easy to gather. The Blind Swordsmen navigated his way through the ocean of sound, a blue hue painting the bar as he found himself a seat on the corner. Kai didn't drink and in turn didn't plan to order anything.

He wasn't given much information on what was actually needed of him for this job. Simply a request to meet here with vague instructions on the job he took, however. Kai didn't care much about the lack of transparency. The reward would be the same if he knew exactly what was going on, simply a means to an end. He assumed that the various unruly looking individuals that gathered within the tavern where along for the same sort of gig.

Nevertheless Kai simply sat and watched the various ongoings.

♫ This River ♫

よるがつづく

tavern.webp

Iris looked at Neramo with a curious tilt to her head. She listened to his words, seeming to consider him. When he finished speaking, she shifted and reached to take an empty cup near him. It belonged to the man who could no longer raise his head. The cup was raised up and she turned her blue gaze to the cup.

"Are you supposed to be a goatman or something? You do know you're in the east empire. Don't expect everyone to play nice with stable breeds like yourself." She looked back to him a smile lifting her lips that didn't quite touch her eyes. "You want to make it worth my time, hand over some coin. Time is expensive." She tucked her raven black tresses behind her ear and gave a bit of a "harumph" as Whizzie entered and began to speak, then walk away like the breeze. She looked at Neramo, tapping her arm with annoyance. "So you're part of that crew?" She rolled her eyes and shook her head, turning to leave. "Ugh, please don't make a huge mess. Barn animals."
fd56f475-eb6a-4126-b69e-e7fefe4461e0.webp
She stomped off towards the kitchen. Mean while Lou had already scurried to the kitchen and back with another plate of food and a loaf of bread. She had those two platters balanced neatly on her arm, while the other hand was holding two new bottles of sake. With some skill, she managed to place everything on the table, smiling and chattering the whole time with each of them. She blushed, and waved the boys off when they suggested she might be on the menu. She giggled a little too much when Tepu made the crack about Dreayth's auntie visiting. Especially since she didn't really have context for the joke. However when Whizzie came to stand by the table, she seemed to hesitate upon seeing him. For a split second it was almost like her lips were curling back. But it was gone in a second, replaced with the smiling demeanor. She laughed and pointed towards the cards.

"Oh! I love to watch people play cards! I'd love to watch!" She seemed like she was about to make herself at home on Dayles lap, when a shrill shout from the back.

"Lou! Quit Flirting and get back to work! There are other customers waiting!" Lous lips pursed and her cheeks puffed as she pouted. She locked eyes with Dayle, Hiroshi and Tepu, winked at them; blew a kiss to the hooded man and waved her fingers to Naori. Whizzie was entirely ignored as she turned and strode back to the kitchen.
Thaddeus.png
At the bar, Thaddeus sat and ate his food quietly. It wasn't until the man with his eyes wrapped sat near him that he seemed to come out of his thoughts. He turned his blue gaze over towards him. For a moment he was quiet, but it didn't last. He cleared his throat, as if announcing his presence.

"I suppose you're one of the ones Julia was expecting to meet here. She asked me to make sure none of you caused too much trouble. I think you'll be the last. She mentioned a man with your description. She's unwell and went to bed early. But she will be down early tomorrow to speak with the shipwright. If you'll come with me, I'll show you to the others." He stood, waiting a moment, before slowly moving towards the table where the others had gathered. He passed Neramo he motioned for him to follow as well. Until he reached the table. These are the last of your party members, to my knowledge. Get to know each other, enjoy the night. But try not to attract too much attention..." He glanced towards Neramo and Whizzie. "I'll be going back out keep an eye on my wares. Thieves about you know..." He said this, giving the table a once over. Before he nodded to them and turned towards the door. Starting to walk towards it again. As Thaddeus left, he was replaced almost immediately by Detective Laoid.

"Cards! I love to play cards. You mind if I join? Raining a bit hard out there, not sure I'm ready to leave just yet. Would be great to kill time with folk like yourself." He smiled as he wormed his way in through the small crowd of Dayles men. He looked over neramo and Whizzie with a thoughtful expression. "You all seem friendly with beastkin. Not very common here. Humans here don't like to think of beastkin and all their ancestry entails." He looked the men over with a small smirk. Without asking any further, he made himself a seat on the corner of the bench of the table, basically shoving someone over to sit next to them. "So what are we playing?" He clapped his hands together. By this time Thaddeus had just walked out the front, a gust of cold wet rainy air blasting in. The girls didn't stay in the back for the long. They were both running around with plates of food. And though Lou sent furtive glances towards the table, it was Iris who approached them. She looked to Laoid with a frown.

"You wouldn't be bothering other paying customers would you sir?" She looked him over with a cold glare. The man lifted his hands innocently, glancing sideways towards the men.

"Nothing of the sort. I just thought I'd join their game while waiting out this wretched rain." He motioned towars the front door, which rattled a little with the wind outside. Iris tapped her chin, considering him for a moment. Then after a moment she turned towards Tepu and prodded his chet lightly, a small smile on her lips.

"You all tell me if you need some help with this guy. I'll have Baxter throw him out. He's already chewed my last nerve like the damn dogs he's looking for."

Ooc Okay guys you've attracted attention. And not all of it's neutral or good. Play poker, flirt with Lou or Iris, Drink more, Do whatever. This will likely be the last round of the tavern before we move on with the story. If you guys want to play poker let's go with Maxxobs suggestion of rolling 5 13 sided dice.

DSLIX DSLIX Maxxob Maxxob SixSense SixSense DarkKitsune DarkKitsune NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Femboy Femboy

Hiroshi Nakamura
Hiroshi.jpg

DSLIX DSLIX SixSense SixSense DarkKitsune DarkKitsune NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Femboy Femboy Moonberry Moonberry

Hiroshi this time around couldn't contain a hearty, loud laugh, followed by his closed fist being slammed against the table, at Tupu's joke about Dreayth's aunt probably being the next one to swing by. That was very likely after all, wasn't it? "That is pretty likely, isn't it?! We might end up meeting his whole family during this trip!" The yakuza added, with a booming voice. And, watching the serving girl reaction to his lewd comment, the human's mood would improve even further. His attention was glued on her as it appeared she would join them, on Dayle's lap no less, but the other serving girl, who appeared to be more stern, admonished her about it. He would bring his shades down, just enough so his eyes could be seen when she winked at him and others, winking back at her, before fixing the sunglasses on his face once more.

"One of you better go for it, or I will." He said to the group as a whole, with a playful edge to his tone, before his attention was focused on the man who led quite a few grunts under him. "Hah! I appreciate the offer, but I have already walked the walk, if you get what I mean." Hiroshi answered Dayle, not appearing to be insulted by the idea of working under him as one of his goons. He would then continue. "But I would certainly be open to be considered an... 'independent contractor', let's say, if you need some more 'specialized services'. Furthermore, after I establish myself, I am sure there will be room for joint ventures, isn't that right?" He added to his first refusal, his tone lively and slightly business-like, as he placed his own further ambitions on the table, while the black shades on his face focused on the man.

"Poker? The American game?" There was a clear distaste in his tone when Hiroshi mentioned said nationality, not knowing if the word had any meaning in this new land. "I would much rather play mahjong, but I guess poker is what we have for today, heh?" Shrugging, he would place a copper coin on top of the table, joining in on the fun. He would then wait for the deck of cards to be shuffled. While he waited, it seemed that someone else was interested in joining the group. "Ah, Detective Laoid!" The yakuza said, loud enough to warn the others, who most likely didn't know the man's occupation, to smart up about any talk that might take place on the table. "I suppose my colleague Dayle here wouldn't be against someone like yourself joining us, just gotta pay the entry fee." The human would motion his head towards the few copper rykes already on the table.

"Actually, no, scratch that, I will cover your entry fee. After all, you are doing such an important job, searching for those missing people, right?" The yakuza continued, his tone being slightly humorous this time, adding yet another copper ryke to the pile. "The game we will be playing is poker, the highest hand wins. There is one catch, however..." A vicious grin would open from ear-to-ear on Hiroshi's face, his attention fully directed at the detective. "... if I get a higher hand than you, you will scram from the tavern, even if there is a fucking tornado outside." He finished, in an authoritative tone [Intimidation F], forcing his left hand to close over the table, the sounds of joints and knuckles popping resounding loudly. Hiroshi knew he had the home advantage here, the establishment having grown weary of Laoid's presence. "Let's begin, then?!" The human exclaimed, clapping both of his hands together as he accepted his five cards. Picking them up, he would look at them, the material of his sunglasses not mirroring what he was seeing.

Last edited:
🗡️NAORI DESTIEEN🛠️
INTERACTIONS: Moonberry Moonberry Shatter Shard Shatter Shard SixSense SixSense Maxxob Maxxob DSLIX DSLIX NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

• A eye for a eye

When Hiroshi spiked his drink, Naori internally groaned. It would be wise to know limits. He wasn’t against the idea of drinking alcohol. What he was against was any inconveniences or the kind of ‘big world’ experiences that could ruin the job. While Naori was reluctant, he did slowly drink the now alcoholic beverage, sipping on it slowly like he did before, not even wincing at the burning sensation that trickled down his throat. One thing he remembered distinctly from his past life was what was obviously the end. Nothing was more painful than drinking poison strong enough to kill a full-grown adult. As he sipped it, he followed it up with a piece of bread slowly munching on it as he went along. When Neramo and Whizziemin showed up he groaned internally, muttering.

“How do you even have brothers? Monsters literally spawn from nothing.”

He said it very quietly so as to not attract more attention. He was muttering more to himself than anything. Dreayth’s brothers seemed more like they would be a hassle than anything. Especially that Whizziemin, who he would make the bold assumption, liked the spotlight too much. Someone else came to the table, someone else who seemed a little late for the job? Naori could only hope the man with the blindfold was the responsible sort. When detective Laiod showed up he was quick to put the facade back up [Deception [F]. Of course, the guy wasn’t quick to be shooed off. Naori kept his hood over half his face. And had stopped drinking his cup of cider once he was beginning to feel his heart rate increase. Figuring he was becoming a little tipsy. He tried to change the sound of his voice, as he spoke to Laiod.

“Any leads on the missing f-folk mister?”

He attempted to make himself sound like a different person and like a shy kid. Though that action was a bold one.

Skills Used:
    Deception [F] [From educated]

Whizziemin the Greatest
1711832632369.png

Character Sheet
Equipped Titles: Monster, Demon, Otherworlder, Incubus

"Why, I'll gladly take you on that offer~! It'll be nice to have a place to stay during my little stay, was pretty curious what you were all up to and here I followed ol' big brother here to this fine little establishment, and here you were too" Whizzie grinned as he hugged Dreayth back in return, then pulling up a chair as so as he watched the collective of serious men indulging in their own little game.
"Nice to meet you Mr. Hiroshi, I do admirably love your little suit n' getup you have all together there, perhaps you should tell me a little about where you got it sometime. Oh, thank you for the offer, but I don't do chances, I'm sure you'll have enough fun with your gambling without me partaking. It's no problem, I'll try to keep it down and not bother. While I so love inclusion in the fun, there's a nice peaceful beauty in simply just watching every so often" he smugly hummed as he eyed the members of the group. He wasn't too bothered by being completely ignored by the maiden who was making flirtatious looks at the other men present at the table, although could tell that there was probably some prejudice going on. Clearly, Whizzie could probably teach her a thing or a thousand about being appealing but if a simple little kiss and request for their eyes on her were all she could manage then clearly she needed a lot more than a few tips. Whizzie couldn't even determine if her little flirts attained her any tips at all of any kind, being distracted a little when they were joined by Laoid who spoke upon the views on beastkin. Not that Whizzie was actually a beastkin, but perhaps witholding any corrections on that wouldn't be a so grand idea.

"Ah, it's fine, that's just how people go. They get one idea of one thing and they see no need to change their mind how they see things. Maybe one day someone wonderful can teach people the wonders of being open to beautiful new ideas~... not that I'm suggesting anything" Whizzie simply smiled. He didn't have much clue what they were doing or what was going on, but only supposed he'd get briefed the next day when they were to actually do their little quest.
Actions:
Incubus' Silver Tongue - Seduction (F), Persuasion (F), Deception (F) - Use wording and charms to win over the attention and affection of others while convincing them to assist in his own matters and what he asks or says to them, even to convince them to believe his lies and tricks - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown (This is going on non-stop... )

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ A }
{ F }
{ E }
{ A }
{ B }

C

Active Titles:
Human | Thug | Unruffled | Underbelly Survivor | Crimson Troop

-East Empire-
Zhaojun City

Code by: Shatter Shard

"Hey kid, don't drink too much." Dayle pat Naori's shoulder heavily, and slid a plate of meat towards him. "Your flimsy and thin. You're going to get knocked out in no time, and that's going to be a hassle." He clicked his tongue, but his smiled widened at Lou's overt flirting. "It's my spring." He muttered with a chuckle, however, his lackeys were looking at him strangely. Not noticing their gaze, Dayle looked at the horned brothers. "Nice going, guys, but uh..." He tapped his forearm. "Aren't we supposed to play it subtly?" A groan escaped his lips as he shook his head in resignation. "Nevermind, spilt milk."

He leaned back on his chair as he listened to Hiroshi. Just as he thought, he indeed had prior experience to these kind of things. "That's fine too." He replied to Hiroshi while idly counting the copper coins on the pile. "Special services is lucrative. Used to do it as well." He looked at Hiroshi once again. "Though I meant joining the 'Red Star' rather than being under me. I'm not exactly at top of the ladder, you know." Shrugged Dayle. He watched the room get busier as more people converged into his table. "Eh, getting crowded." He remarked as sipped from his mug. His eyes landed on Laoid, but he offered no more words once Hiroshi laid out his demand. Although he wasn't especially comfortable with a Detective nearby, the man really couldn't fish anything out of him since his area of operations isn't in the East Empire in the first place. "Getting a bit worked up, huh?" He chuckled as he leaned back on his chair, letting Hiroshi do his thing. "Also, what's 'american'?" His eyes are on Hiroshi as he asked that. "Some sort of organization or something?" He arched his eyebrow. "And the heck's mahjong?"

Dayle huffed as he finally got his full set of cards. With a confident smile, he raised them up to look at his hand.

SCROLLABLE

♫ Storm ♫

やとう

82c64fa0-2727-49d8-9f6c-9f12373b0c6d.webp

Laiod met Hiroshis direct glare with a smile of his own that clearly didn't reach his eyes. He lifted his hands almost as if in surrender. He took a hand from the deck, looking his cards over with a decent enough poker face. When Naori spoke up, asking after his leads; the man chuckled.

"Since we last spoke?" He paused, his eye swiveling over to the hooded youth, lips twisting upwards in the faintest smile. "Nothing yet." The man chuckled again before he turned his focus back to the game. His eyes slid over Dayle and Hiroshi easily enough. Though they rested on Whizzie a little longer, he didn't seem too indulging in his gaze. Naori and Dreayth earned another glance though not long enough to merit any real reaction. "No 'fraid the only lead I've got is that there've been several beastkin children and youth that've gone missing. A few in each village, scattered along the border. And of course, this is the Eastern Empire...no one really cares about where their...pets.... came from." As he spoke he admired his hand, his eyes now focused wholly on the hand he'd been dealt. "But of course for those on the other side of the border it's a different story. It's their lives and families that've been disrupted." He paused, in his talk, waiting for the rounds to continue with the game. Iris had already woven her way back into the rhythm of serving again. Hopping from one table to another, smiling to the customers and taking their orders down. The bartender was busy himself, tending to the patrons standing near or sitting on the stools that hugged the bar. Despite her somewhat flat and cruel words, Iris was sure to pay special mind to Neramo and keep his cup happily filled. Though her smiles seemed almost a glare when she met his gaze, she at least held the airs of customer service. Laiod began to speak again, as the round drew to a full circle. Watching each person draw a card, while still keeping his gaze averted and appearing to be on his own hand. "As it were...I think I'd prefer to find the kids locked up in a cage...the last case I had that dealt with kids...." He paused again, his gaze seeming on something far away. "Orphanage had been caught up in the crossfire when the fae were trying a counterattack. It was bad enough so many of them had died. But...the reason I'd been put on the case..." He paused, before putting his hand down, revealing his winning hand to the dealer.
f16a9ad9-a6c6-49f6-b25d-35624595088d.webp
He seemed about to say something, when there was a loud crashing noise from just outside the tavern, along with the sound of a man shouting in a struggle.

"Aaaaargh!" It was a familiar voice to some of those at the table, though it was somewhat faint. almost drowned out by the heavy downpour of rain drumming on the windowpanes. Laiod looked at them all for a split second, before he hopped up and started towards the door. Not one to run away from trouble, this detective. The few in the crowd who'd heard the noise glanced nervously between each other. The bartender reached under the bar and pulled out a heavy and gnarled looking club.

For anyone who followed the detective outside, the rain poured down in sheets. The sound of it hitting the river and the shore around it a gentle hushing noise. The sky was dark, but it was a solid dark grey, almost illuminated slightly by the rain that poured down. Looking around in the dark, one would barely be able to see the wagons that Thaddeus had apparently parked next to the tavern. But perhaps what they would mostly notice would be Thaddeus, grasping hold of the reigns of a horse that had been sloppily attached to the wagon that Thadeus had driven.
6daa30bc-5a8c-4255-927f-3f6eff909409.webp
Sitting on the wagon was one figure. Donned in a black cloth suit, with a black face mask. Only a pair of green eyes were visible, as they tried to keep the reigns from Thaddeus. Another figure clothed in black was standing on the ground next to him, grasping his arm with one massive looking arm. The other equally strong looking arm was holding what appeared to be a jagged looking knife. He'd buried it into Thaddeus's shoulder blade. Besides the two men that were assaulting Thaddeus, there were ten more figures. All of them swarming in to close in on the wagons. Of course, to make matters worse, apparently someone else had heard the terrible crash. Julia stood at the door of the Tavern and cried in shock as she saw the blood pouring down Thaddeus's back.

"Theo!" She shrieked. Thaddeus grunted, still somehow managing to keep hold of the reigns that the other figure with the green eyes was trying to wrangle free from his grasp.

"Hngh...Julia Get...Inside! Now!" He grunted, twisting, and lifting his leg to kick the figure behind him. For anyone who might have used [Identify] they would notice that each of the shadowy figures seemed to share one title. [Nightshade Guild Associate] E. Laiod started to move forward, pulling a small dagger out. Looking as though he was about to help Thaddeus, he was intercepted by another figure in black. They caught his dagger in the guard of their Sai. Twisting his wrist, along with the blade up and away. The detective followed up with and undercut, which just barely connected with the black clothed figures torso.

Ooc Okay guys, combat is starting here and now. Surprise! So. 1 post per round. 3 actions per post. There are currently 10 hostile mobs on the map so to speak. Two of them are close enough to reach within 1 round. One of them being green eyes who's sitting on the wagon and holding the reigns of the horse. Trying to reach the ones that are further out will take a full round. You will be allowed to attack on the next round. The case I will consider changing that on is Dayle. As it's entirely possible some of his men happened to be outside as well keeping watch when everything started. (Although I don't exactly know how minions works in combat) I'll be trying to post again Wednesday night/Thursday morning. But for now, it appears Thaddeus has fallen victim to a thief's attack. Use this round to explain what your character will do in this situation. Technically Thadeus isn't your contractor. You aren't obligated to help him. But it might be hard to find decent wagons for transport on the way back otherwise if the thieves steal the wagons.
Mentions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Maxxob Maxxob SixSense SixSense NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 DSLIX DSLIX

Last edited:
🗡️NAORI DESTIEEN🛠️
INTERACTIONS: Moonberry Moonberry Shatter Shard Shatter Shard SixSense SixSense Maxxob Maxxob DSLIX DSLIX NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707

• A eye for a eye

“Since we last spoke?”

Perhaps Naori let out an internal groan. Why, of course, this would happen. Why wouldn’t the detective not piece it together, when out of the law enforcement back in his former village he was the smartest? He took some of the meat off the plate that was offered to him. Perhaps it would help clear his head from the intoxication? If he had been completely sober, he would have known better than to think like that. And at that moment, his facade died with the belief of playing the man in front of him for a fool. His mind would be elsewhere as Laiod actually answered the question. Even given some backstory, Naori didn’t snap out of it until he mentioned the orphanage. His sense of anger was a little more.. 'Potent' than usual. It wasn’t as if he was numb to his emotions completely, but the teen was still disconnected from them for the most part. He didn’t express that though and just internally thought.

This asshole…’

Then there came a muffled scream, yet another inconvenience. Due to the familiarity from it Naori’s mind that was speckled in a weak sense of drunkenness, he assumed one of their colleagues got themselves into trouble. Although he wasn’t fond of the idea, he would follow Laiod out. When he saw Thaddeus fighting a green-eyed man over the reign of the horse,

These inconveniences keep on piling up!’

He snapped internally. It would be difficult to get another wagon without the old man, so Naori took out his dagger. A red and silver rigid blade laced with poison he had gotten along the way of his travels. He ran as fast as he could to the green-eyed man and would attempt to dig his blade into the man’s thigh with [Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F] ].

Abilities used:
    Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]: Fighting style [F]- Faux innocence- Blight [Poison][F]- Aura [Bloodlust] [F]-Naori stabs his victims with a poison laced as blood thirst radiates off of him.- 0 post cooldown.

Effectiveness Calculations:
    [Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]] +1 Blight [Poison] [F] [if hits] +1 Strength C +4 Dagger/Catalyst [D] +3

Overall calculations = 8-9 effectiveness

Actions:
    action 1: run at the green eyed man
    2 and 3: Stab Green eyed man’s thigh with Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]

Last edited:
Dreayth Dominatus Malus
image0.jpg

Titles: Demon, Monster, Born for this, Offworlder
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry Maxxob Maxxob Shatter Shard Shatter Shard DSLIX DSLIX NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy

Dreayth would take yet another swig of the barrel after Tepu’s joke. “You’ve got jokes pretty boy, I’ll give you that.” He replied back with a grin, his intoxication finding the Irony within the joke. Hiroshi would begin to roar with laughter which ticked Dreayth off a bit, “alright alright it wasn’t that funny '' he grumbled under his breath as he grabbed a rib and ate it in one bite. As Lous returned she made herself quite at home on Dayles lap, which received a scoffed smile from Dreayth saying ‘nice job you son of a bitch’. However it didn’t last long after Iris dug into Lou for flirting

“It’s always the jealous friend ruining something, someone needs to show her a good time. Seems like Dayle’s got the brunette already. Guess whoever she choses should do the honors,” The monster chimed. He would give the brunette a wink in response to the kiss blown at him as she disappeared into the back with Iris. Naori mumbled something under his breath but paid it no mind, he was unable to make out what he said due to the bustling atmosphere. Whatever the case may be, there are more pressing matters now with Laoid joining them at the table. The monster was thankful that Hiroshi tipped him off. It explained why exactly Naori was acting funny around the guy.

His inquiry about the game would remind Dreayth he had yet to put into the pot. The hooded man would reach into his pocket and flick a copper ryke into the center of the table before taking another swig. He would look at his hand of cards, his expression unchanged, before setting them down. Even as Laoid spoke about the beastkin children Dreayth’s expression didn’t waver. Almost, abruptly the detective would rise up from his chair to the monster's surprise. He didn't hear the loud yell from outside due to the downpour of range and chatter within the tavern. He was unbothered by Laoid leaving the table, quite pleased that he left actually. Though what made him turn to see what was transpiring was Julia screaming at the Tavern entrance, the familiar nickname ringing a bell.

“Here we go.” Dreayth grinned as he rose up, barrel in one hand and spear in another. He would look towards Whizzie and Neramo to provide him backup with a nod as the monster made his way to the entrance. On his way out he would give Iris a wink, “Could I have another barrel waiting for me when I return angel?” He asked sweetly before downing what was left in his current one. The liquids from the barrel dripped down his chin before being cleaned off with his sleeve. “There’s only one thing I love more than booze and woman” he giggled to himself as he stepped outside, “Combat!” He exclaimed as he stepped outside. The wildness of the storm managed to knock off his hood revealing his horns followed by a wide and devilish grin. Dreayth utilized [Fast F] to close in on the hooded figure which Thaddeus planted his foot firmly into. Naori seemed to have followed close behind him immediately heading to Thaddeus’s aid. Dreayth understood the matchups and took on the big guy, “come pick on someone your own size” Dreayth chuckled maniacally before attempting to smash the empty barrel into the man's head. He would then follow up with his spear aiming to skewer the man with one felled strike.

Actions
1. Use Fast F to get within range of the second individual.

Use barrel as an impromptu weapon. (Super Strength F + Athletics F + Energized F)

3. Follow up with a lunge at the target's core, aiming to pierce right through his body. (Fighting style E + Penetrating F + Athletics F + Energized F) post cooldown 1

Titles
[Isekai], [Human], [Wanted by Nightshade Guild], Educated [Yakuza], Expert Martial Artist - #b80926

Moonberry Moonberry Shatter Shard Shatter Shard DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 DSLIX DSLIX

~A few moments earlier~

"The pleasure is all mine." Hiroshi responded to Whizzie, flashing him a knowing smile, taking yet another look at the incubus revealing outfit. "While my suit was made elsewhere, I have found a tailor in this world, back at Ryke, that might be able to reproduce it. I could even take you there, when time allows it." He offered, keeping his smile, before shifting more comfortably in his chair.

His attention was then directed at Dayle. It seems the yakuza had been mistaken to think the man was actually the oyabun of the organization he belonged to. "Some scourge that live across the ocean from my homeland. Always trying to get their greedy little fingers on everything and everyone." The human explained his concept of what an American was, most of his opinions being formed by the feelings of the older members of the very own yakuza clan he belonged to, often times meddling with Japan's internal affairs. "Heh, mahjong is a real men's game! If I ever find a full set, it is worth giving it a shot." Hiroshi concluded and, seeing Dreayth get ticked off by his own reaction to Tepu's joke, his grin only grew.

~/~

Despite his slightly drunken state, Hiroshi kept his attention on the detective, absorbing every single word he spoke. Seems like the yakuza's challenge had been accepted by him. It was almost comical how Laoid was in the lion's den at that very moment, taking in consideration he was after the animal-people who would serve as slaves. Had that place not been public, he wondered how well the detective would be able to keep himself from being found in a gutter somewhere. "Finally!" Hiroshi would say as the man rushed out of the table towards the exit of the tavern, grabbing one of the spirit bottles who had been served to him and taking a nice, long swig of it, letting the liquid go down his throat. Only when their employer was at the entrance of the tavern would the Martial Artist get up from his seat, with a groan. With his hands inside the pocket of his pants, he would strut over to see what was going on, clicking his tongue in displeasure for having his drinking interrupted.

After arriving outside the tavern, he would look at the current situation: Thaddeus having been attacked; Naori rushing against a emerald-eyed man, who is currently is wrestling the wagon reins from Thaddeus' hands; Laoid currently in melee combat against one of the assailants; Dreayth already joining to fight the assailant behind Thaddeus. "Time to stretch my legs, I guess." Hiroshi said, in a mocking tone, cracking his neck left and right before starting to walk under the rain, not appearing to be in a hurry. The droplets of rain which feel on his suit didn't seem to bother the man too much. He just walked, with a grin splattered across his face, searching for a target who wasn't engaged at the moment.

Actions:

1/2/3 - Spend the round looking for one of the other eight hostiles who aren't in combat just yet.

Last edited:
Ryoji "Kai" Ishikawa

1712609358428.png

[Titles: Human, Delver]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As Kai sat on his stool his index finger idly traced over the various marks and scratches that decorated the wooden bar. Each chip, dent and crack told their own story. Long forgotten memories from the various patrons that had strolled through this bar long before Kai had sat down. His right middle finger worked to add a mark of his own, the nail scratching back and forth as it slowly ripped away some of wood. Occasionally flicking away any excess that found itself under his nail. It was nothing more than a simple scratch, left alongside several just like it.

Sitting at the bar he found himself listening to the various jumble of sound that danced within the tavern itself. it was impossible to make out any conversations or words being tossed across the room yet Kai listened nonetheless. Truthfully he found it quite peaceful, perhaps a more social version of himself would've attempted to introduce himself. However living on some mountain most of his new life didn't exactly develop his ability with people all that well. Nevertheless he was here to work and work is exactly what he'd do.

The sudden commotion outside broke Kai's moments of self reflection. Perking up slightly he followed the main group outside, merely a few steps behind them. Exiting the tavern to the downpour did little to help what sight he had in the form of echolocation. Each droplet causing reverberations throughout the air, people were simple silhouettes basked in a flurry of noise. Witnessing the blade careen into the mans back Kai spoke plainly

"Well that doesn't seem good."

Perhaps it was an understatement for the current situation they found themselves in. Kai took a moment to analyze the field, thankfully the rain made it quite difficult for anyone to stay hidden from him. As most of the party moved to save Thaddeus from his untimely demise the blind swordsmen moved to engage the men currently attempting to rush to the carriage. Picking one at random, he'd unsheathe his blade. Charging the man at an inhuman speed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Action 1: Leaving the Tavern
Action 2/3: Charging the man with Super Speedy Bone Breaking Quickness to Eliminate and Destroy my Foes and Opposition (SSBBQtEaDmFaO For short)

SSBBQtEaDmFaO - Fighting Style [Swords] F,
Fast D, Precognition F, Super Sense (Echolocation) F, Blind Fighter F, - Kai charges at his opponent with his blade. Using his echolocation and precognition to find them before attempting to use his speed to slice them - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Whizziemin the Greatest
1711832632369.png

Character Sheet

Whizzie smiled and nodded with a cheerful hum when Hiroshi agreed in potentially showing him the tailor that could recreate something akin to it. A large new wardrobe could be something so greatly fitting for the amazing Whizzie, everyone deserved a constant outfit change to spice up life and add a whole new thrill to people who saw you each day.
"Uhuh~! That'd be great, maybe one day soon enough we'll get the chance, it's a date!" Whizzie agreed cheerfully, letting the others enjoy their card games and booze as he joyfully sat kicking his legs back and forth up until an interruption came from outside. Judging from the reactions of the new friends at the table, as well as Dreayth, whatever was happening outside was probably only an issue to whatever task they were up to. Following them out to the commotion, Whizzie wished not to get himself overly wrapped up in the trouble considering how many people were around and not having a single clue who was a problem or not. Huffing and shaking his fists a little, he got annoyed at the troublemakers.

"Don't you guys have any respect for anyone else? It's a perfectly fine evening and you're ruining it with all your ruckus! If you have parents, I'm sure they would be very disappointed if this was where they knew you were. It'd be best if you just cut it out and went home, making this trouble just isn't worth it for yourselves and is a waste for everyone! Little Bro, Guy in the Suit, please teach them a good lesson about manners! I know you got this!" Whizzie added and cheered for them, he had no idea who Naori really was still and with the arrival of a random blind swordsman he was completely confused on what his brothers were actually here were supposed to be doing. He'd perhaps use magic, but he wasn't even sure who was the good and bad guys in this situation. Hopefully he could just help patch up any bad little cuts or bruises if they occurred.

Actions
1. Tell off the people attacking the carriage for being meanies, Incubus' Silver Tongue - Seduction (F), Persuasion (F), Deception (F) - Use wording and charms to win over the attention and affection of others while convincing them to assist in his own matters and what he asks or says to them, even to convince them to believe his lies and tricks - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown​

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ A }
{ F }
{ E }
{ A }
{ B }

C

Active Titles:

-East Empire-
Zhaojun City

Dayle has been letting the detective's words in one ear and letting it out in the other. Although he too was concerned about the use of slavery, it was not his problem. After all, putting your hands on a business not yours is bound to attract all sorts of trouble. "Troubling." He commented as he looked at each card of his hand. He nodded at Hiroshi, explaining what "american" and "mahjong" was. "I'd like to try mahjong next time then." He grinned at Hiroshi.

His face fell when all of the cards were revealed. For man playing poker, he is bad at hiding his expression. "Gods damnit." He scratched his head, while the other minions groaned and complained, presumably getting low results. His eyes snapped back at the others, momentarily forgetting that he was playing. He looked at Laoid's revealed hand, his face crumpling in unaccepting defeat. "Ugh, I'm fold-" He was about to put down his hand when a commotion erupted from outside. His eyes immediately sharpened as he stood up along with the others. "In the middle of the game?" He cursed as he and his lackeys moved out.

[Move]
Dayle stomped out of the tavern, along with his other lackeys. One of his men, who has been waiting outside (and mildly wet from the rain) scurried over and handed Dayle his chains. His hand outstretched to receive the chains. "What's the big idea?!" He bellowed as he marched towards the wagon with purposeful strides. As the others eagerly threw themselves into the fray, Dayle was not the least amused by the situation. It was in the middle of the night, for goodness sake.

[Other: Intimidate - Minions (The Red Star)]
As he wrapped the metallic chains around his arms, the rest of his minions, the five who were outside the tavern, began to approach from all sides as well, now that their boss is out. Their sabers were drawn out of their sheathes as they approached. They were wearing the same thuggish clothes Dayle and his men were wearing, making them fairly visible. Then again, their ornate sabers were already enough of an indicator of their affiliation. Four of the lackeys with him went along with the other lackeys, while one of them went over to Julia to protect her.

[Other: Intimidate (The Bastard Dog)]
The vein in his neck popped is the chains around his arm unwrapped, and with a big swing, struck it down the road. "Who's the son of a bitch leading this shit?!" He yelled, his eyes roaming at the incoming assailants. The professional demeanor he had shown before seemed to have disappeared, now replaced by a pissed off ruffian, a common sight in any of the poorer streets. "Was it you, you bastard?!" He pointed at the only tough looking person, the man on the ground whose arms had gotten a hold of Thaddeus. He figured he'd let Naori get to the man next to Thaddeus, while Dayle prepared to leap at the man on the ground.

Abilities Used:​

Dayle:

Grade D​

[CD | 2 Post] The Bastard Dog: Asset - Faction [Criminal: Red Star Syndicate] D| Dayle uses his identity to threaten and intimidate others.

Red Star Cronies

Grade F​

[CD | 0 Post] The Red Star: Intimidation F| Using their status and appearance, these cronies are effective at deterring away those who are not used to the underground scene. If presence does not work, then they can also warn and give threats as if they're doing a business.

SCROLLABLE

♫ Battle Amidst the Rain ♫

あめのなかのたたかい

702c666a-53ce-4675-b9eb-2f301f9ce1bb.webp

The action unfolded in a swift, harrowing flash. Naori, slipping past Laiod with the grace of a shadow, brandished his dagger with lethal intent. He thrust it deep into the thigh of the green-eyed figure perched atop the wagon. A shrill, distinctly feminine scream pierced the stormy night as the figure, reacting instinctively, smashed her fist into Naori's face. The blow, forceful yet not bone-breaking, sent him staggering back, his cheeks aflame with both pain and rain.

It was at that moment, that Thaddeus retaliated with a fierce kick, and Dreayth swung his barrel of liquor with all his might. It shattered against the skull of the muscular assailant, spilling the remnants of the spirits. Which seared into the man's eyes. He howled, blinded momentarily by both alcohol and agony, just as Dayle charged, tackling him to the rain-slicked mud.

ecd8b5ce-4656-4a1d-82d3-f3e380a44de9.webp
Elsewhere, Kai's movements were a blur, his blade clashing with another in a chorus of steel that sang through the tumultuous night. The Red Star lackeys, blades drawn, looked menacingly spectral in the downpour. The figures in black, sensing the encroaching danger, huddled back-to-back, bracing for the storm of steel and flesh. Julia, trembling, clung to the man assigned to protect her, her eyes wide with terror. She looked over to Whizzie, blinking and waving her hand frantically.

"Don't just stand there you bat girl! Do something! Thatddeus is bleeding!" The world seemed to pause—an eerie calm before the storm resumed. Heavy rain drummed relentlessly, the droplets like shards of glass in the dim light. When Hiroshi emerged from behind her, hands nonchalantly in his pockets; there was a shout of rage which sliced through the night. Green eyes were latched onto Hiroshi.

599a6090-d86d-44cb-808a-692c0be90ae2.webp
"You!" She spat venomously, fury burning in her eyes as she yanked the knife from her wound. Thaddeus seized that moment, grappling with her in a desperate tussle that ended with both of them slithering in the mud. Some where amidst the struggle, her mask came off. Revealing a woman with long raven black hair and emerald green eyes. With a fierce kick, she freed herself, staggering toward Hiroshi, pointing an accusatory finger. "You're the sleazy bastard that killed Taigen! His first job... it was supposed to be easy!"

Meanwhile, Laiod, momentarily weaponless but undeterred, resorted to his fists. Mud splattered with each connection of his blows to the face of his opponent, the sounds muffled by the relentless rain. His adversary, reeling from the ferocity of Laiod’s resolve, struggled to regain footing on the slippery ground. The rain obscured much, but the electric tension was palpable, each drop of rain igniting the fear and fury that crackled in the air. The green-eyed figure, limping, her face a mask of pain and rage, advanced on Hiroshi. Her movements were erratic, fueled by vengeance and the sharp sting of her wound. As she neared, her breaths came in ragged gasps, mixing with the hiss of the rain.

The man beneath Dayle was now struggling to shove him off. He glared up at Dayle, but even as he did, he shouted out. Keeping eye contact with Dayle as he tried to hold him off as best he could. But it was apparent he was shouting towards Green Eyes.

"Yuki! Don't get caught up in revenge! We need to get out of here alive." His low voice carried over all the other noise with surprising clarity. Yuki paused in her trek. Looking torn, as she held pressure on the wound on her thigh, which was bleeding fairly freely. Naoris' knife must have cut an artery. Meanwhile, the rain intensified, as if the heavens themselves were outraged by the violence below. Thunder rolled, a deep, ominous drum that echoed the battle's rhythm. The tavern's lights flickered in the distance, casting long, dancing shadows across the muddy battleground.

Ooc Okay guys, it's a little shorter than I'd like but I'll blame it on the battle part. Gotta keep it short with these things. Another round of combat. Naori took a blow to the face but I wouldn't even say a full hit point has been dealt. No blows have been landed with the sword fighting. There are multiple foes, but there are also multiple Red Star Lackeys acting as back up. Muscle guy under Dayle is struggling to get up, but also not letting Dayle get up either. It's a struggle in the mud. Not pretty. Hiroshi has the Yuki woman walking towards him with anger in her eyes.
Mentions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Maxxob Maxxob SixSense SixSense Femboy Femboy DSLIX DSLIX Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 NeramoDJI NeramoDJI DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Titles
[Isekai], [Human], [Wanted by Nightshade Guild], Educated [Yakuza], Expert Martial Artist - #b80926

Moonberry Moonberry Shatter Shard Shatter Shard DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Femboy Femboy Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 DSLIX DSLIX

Combat 9 - Empire of Sin

The yakuza would stop for a moment, as the venomous words were spat towards him. He watched with mild interest behind his shades as the female staggered towards him, already having been dealt quite the wounding blow by Naori. Hearing the insult which was hurled towards him, along with the accusation of having killed a certain 'Taigen', his expression changed a bit to one of contemplation. Still, Hiroshi was able to quick piece out who she was talking about, not really having killed anyone in that world, but a single person. "Ohh... are you talking about that wimpy little thief?" The martial artist asked in a mocking tone, taking his right hand out of his pocket and leading it to his dark shades, removing it, so his hazel eyes pierce her green ones without obstruction.

He strutted towards her, getting closer, his towering form commanding the space around the two. Tucking his sunglasses into the front pocket of his suit, he leaned towards her with a vicious smirk forming from ear-to-ear.
"Look at that wound! Seems like the kid got you really good, didn't he?" Hiroshi remarked, his voice laden with sarcasm, the hazel eyes darting towards the wound on her thigh and then back at her face. "Naori-kun, next time, try going for the neck. Nice handiwork, though." The yakuza said those words, looking over Yuki's shoulder and towards the teen, giving him a wink. Next, he would give the female his full attention once more.

"Yuki-chan..." He began, saying the honorific with a mocking tone, approaching her even further, barely a few feet remaining between them. "... as much as I would love to settle things here and now, I find it distasteful killing a wounded dog. If you manage to escape, come find me to settle things. I promise you will be reunited with Taigen then." He finished, his face by then just a few inches from hers. The dark promise was accompanied by a smile that didn't reach his eyes [Intimidation F]. Honor tugged Hiroshi's actions, finding no value in finishing off an opponent in such a pitiful state. Yet mockery, sarcasm, fear and intimidation were the basis of his modus operandi.

Actions:

1 - Closed his distance to Yuki
2 - A dark promise laced with Intimidation F

Last edited:
🗡️NAORI DESTIEEN🛠️

• A eye for a eye

Naori held his hand to his face, the sting, however, would do nothing to stop him. It seemed he wasn’t the only one who had enemies from the past showing up tonight. It would also become unclear if the redness in his face was from the hit he took or the alcohol he drank, finally kicking in full. Making his sense of bloodlust worse off them, than it should have been.

‘Time to say good riddance to these inconveniences’

As it seemed Hiroshi would attempt to intimidate the Lady—Yuki Naori would run up behind her. Furthermore, he would make his attempt at harshly stabbing through her ribs, making a attempt to strike her in the heart. An inconvenience like this deserves a drawn-out fate. If he was sober and had the knowledge and equipment, he would’ve already killed and turned her into a construct by now, but as things stood using[Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F] ] he would attempt to stab her in the heart through the ribcage. Suppose she would be lucky to have this kind of mercy

Abilities used:
    Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]: Fighting style [F]- Faux innocence- Blight [Poison][F]- Aura [Bloodlust] [F]-Naori stabs his victims with a poison laced as blood thirst radiates off of him.- 0 post cooldown.

Effectiveness Calculations:
    [Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]] +1 Blight [Poison] [F] [if hits] +1 Strength C +4 Dagger/Catalyst [D] +3

Overall calculations = 8-9 effectiveness

Actions:
    action 1: run at Yuki
    2 and 3: Stab Yuki in between the ribs with with Fighting style ability-Faux innocence poisoned lust [F]

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ A }
{ F }
{ E }
{ A }
{ B }

C

Active Titles:

-East Empire-
Zhaojun City

Dayle used his weight to put himself on a mounting position over the man. Due to the presence of his allies nearby, he had no worries about the safety of his back. His eyes promised pain as he raised his fist, with the vein in his temple bulging from his irritation.

[Attack - Strength A | Steel Chains C]
"Piece of shit!" He growled as he slammed his fist down on him. The chains wrapped around his knuckles would make the crunch even crispier. "What kind of fucker makes so much noise at night?!" He complained as he struck the man again with his other fist.

[Attack - Minions (Basic Swordsmanship F) | Strength D | Saber F]
When the Red Star cronies finally came close, the blades of their sabers glint with malicious intent as the nine lackeys lunged at the nearest ones. One could tell they have been given basic swordsmanship training, Although they are individually weak, nine at once would seem intimidating.

[Defend]
The remaining one Red Star crony stood guard beside Julia, eyeing the nearby enemies with their saber drawn. He had nothing to help with Thaddeus' situation, so the best he could do was keep stragglers away.

Dayle:

Grade D​

Cooldown (2/2)

Red Star Cronies

Grade F​

[CD | 0 Post] Basic Swordsmanship: Fighting Style [Windrider] F, Swiftness [Accurate] F| Their skill in swordsmanship allows them to hit foes faster than themselves, and thus have an advantage over similarly skilled opponents.

SCROLLABLE

Last edited:
Whizziemin the Greatest
1711832632369.png

Character Sheet

Grinning and cheering on all the friends kicking all the butt and taking all of the names, Whizzie found themselves pleasantly enjoying all the glorious combat that his newfound companions and brother were partaking in with such success. Continuing to morally support them, he hadn't immediately noticed or thought about the injured person who may have been important to whatever mission it was they were supposed to be there for.
"Woo, go Dreayth and everyone else, you're doing amaziiiing~!" he smiled and sung cheerfully, remaining bright and happy despite the gloomy and dangerous atmosphere imagining that he was safe with the other conflict going on. Hearing the voice of a woman immediately demanding help from some bat girl, he looked to the direction of where the voice came from to see what kind of bat-person was even being called upon only to appear that she must have been referring to him. Huffing and puffing his cheeks out as he crossed his arms, he made a point which required him to continue standing there and doing nothing while Thaddeus was bleeding.

"Hmph, I'll have you know that I'm not a bat or a girl, lady. It's awfully rude to demand things of people if you're not even going to correctly identify them, it's very clear that I am a genuine defined man much like any other of the fine fellows who have arrived here on this night. Of course, you must be one of those who can't identify such exquisite class among basic peasantry" he answered, sighing as he whirled his finger around with a small touch of magic.
"But because I'm feeling so greatly nice and generous, I will forgive and humble you on this moment and help your injured companion as long as you stop treating me with such horrible manners. We have only just met and you need my generosity and pure kindness to help you save someone's life, and you're going to so heartlessly yell at me for it? The rudeness of people" Whizzie commented, rolling their eyes as they approached Thaddeus and flicked a bright yet soft and gentle looking spark of magic in his direction. Coming close so he can continue to provide further soothing of the injuries, he would check to see if his first spell had any significant effect while preparing a next.

"This should hopefully help with patching up those nasty cuts, this next one should just help the process" he answered with a smile.

Actions
1. Dose of Love - Magic (E), Healing (E), Magic Range (F) - Grant magical healing from a safe range to help soothe and heal injury- Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
2. Move to Thaddeus.
3. Good Touch - Magic (F), Healing (F) - Give a gentle healing touch to help soothe and heal pains - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown​

Dreayth Dominatus Malus

PNFB6jM.png

Titles: Demon, Monster, Born for this, Offworlder
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Maxxob Maxxob

A smile of delight would permeate the monster's face as he felt the barrel splinter into pieces upon the mana skull. As he went in for his next attack he would notice Dayle come in from nowhere and tackle the guy to the ground. Immediately the demon furrowed his brow in annoyance, who did this red star chump think he was taking his target?

“Hey, what's the big idea of stealing my fight hotshot?” Dreayth grumbled though it was likely his words went unheard as Dayle tumbled with the guy. The monster would snap his head in Yukis direction as she shouted ferociously at Hirosh, her voice piercing through the rain and fighting that night. The pain in her voice was clear for all to see. Dreayth would approach his co-worker with a shit eating grin, “aww, I’d love to have someone to look at me just as passionately. I’m jealous of you Hiroshi” Dreayth teased as his mighty spear rested upon his shoulder blade. The other man would shout out to the girl trying to calm her and think of escape.

Dreayth would watch with great amusement at Hiroshi rubbing salt and lime into the woman’s wound. It was excellent, it almost felt hard to deceiver who was the monster here.

“Hahaha, What a poor excuse for revenge, I bet Taigen is turning in his grave at the sight of your performance.” The demon bellowed as he turned to see if anyone else were free to fight but it seemed as though the black star lackeys had things covered. Though one thing that bothered him was the random blind folded swordsman who had joined the fray.

“Hey blind blade, you lost or something?! This doesn’t necessarily concern you” Dreayth shouted questioning the validity of him being there.

Ryoji "Kai" Ishikawa
1713126541401.png

[Titles: Human, Delver]

The heavy rain slicked Kai's hair, his blade gleamed in the ambient lighting of the street they found themselves in. The Blind Swordsmen took a moment of respite after the sudden clash of steel on steel, putting some distance between him and his opponent as he slowly circled. His right hand shifting down the hilt of the blade while the left stayed at the guard. Stopping his movement only when he found himself across from the unknown assailants

Kai's heart pounded in his chest, the downpour of rain muffled by the rhythmic thump emerging from his chest. His fingers shifted restlessly across the grip of his weapon. As much as Kai would've liked to argue to the contrary, he was scared. Perhaps it was the idea of his own opponents blade catching him first or lack of confidence in his own weapons attacks. People had spoken to him about the thrill of the fight, yet the swordsmen could never wrap his head around it. Throughout all of his training no one had explained to him the fear your own mind procures in the moments of silence between strikes. Despite the twinge in his chest and every sense in his body pleading with him to run Kai lunged forward.

The attack was elementary in nature, pushing off with his back foot and reaching with his front. He generated power from his back and the forward momentum acquired from the movement. Attempting to slash the figure that stood in front of him. Regardless if the blade landed or not he'd immediately backpedal, attempting to use his precognition to avoid any strikes coming his way.

Action 1: Circling Opponent
Action 2: Simple Slash
Action 3: Dodge

Simple Slash - Fighting Style [Swords] F, Blind Fighter F- Kai Attempts to slash his opponent - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Dodge - Super Sense (Echolocation) F, Precognition F - Kai attempts to avoid an attack coming his way - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
♫ A Bloody Affair ♫

ちまみれのよる

0054f8f5-d221-497d-a83a-ee2b70d4c5df.webp

Thaddeus offered a nod to Whizzie, a silent acknowledgment of the healing magic that had restored him. He moved swiftly towards the spooked horses, his hands gentle but firm, a calming presence amidst the chaos. Julia, overcome with a mix of delight and lingering fear, clapped her hands sharply, her voice a symphony of complex emotions.

On the muddy battlefield, the fallen man received a brutal sequence of blows—his face transforming into a grotesque canvas of swollen bruises and bloody welts. Driven by pure adrenaline, his arm lashed out like a viper, the dagger gleaming with Thaddeus's blood arced through the rain, aiming to carve sorrow into Dayle's face. With a desperate twist, he shifted his weight, dislodging Dayle and stumbling to his feet. As he rose, his eyes captured the grim tableau of Naori driving a dagger through Yuki's back..
332adc93-8ac4-4cc6-a001-e74a1d060328.webp

"Yuki!" His cry pierced the storm, a desperate denial of the unfolding tragedy. But as he lunged toward her, the scene blurred into a visceral maelstrom of mud and blood. Kai and the Red Star men clashed swords with the shadow-cloaked figures. Steel screamed against steel, their movements a dance of desperate precision

Amidst the metallic chorus, lightning cleaved the sky, casting an eerie light over Yuki. Her emerald eyes—windows to a soul wracked with pain and regret—stood out starkly against her pale, rain-drenched face. Blood trickled from her lips, mingling with the relentless rain that washed over her, cleansing her wounds into the forgiving earth. She knelt, strength ebbing, as Dreayth's laughter echoed, a cruel soundtrack to her demise.

Suddenly, another figure emerged—Iris, unfazed, her hand wrapped around a thick chain. The chain led to a fearsome beast, part wolf, part man, his black fur slick under the downpour, eyes a piercing blue. Iris tugged slightly, and the beast lowered his massive frame, his demeanor more puppy than predator in the face of his displeasure with the rain.
DALL-E-2024-04-15-01-32-36-A-graphic-novel-comic-style-watercolor-image-of-a-bipedal-wolf-man-with-s.webp

"They're causing trouble for our guests, Gareth. Handle it swiftly, and steak shall be your reward," she cooed, patting his snout affectionately. Her words seemed to rejuvenate the beast, his tail flicking with a renewed spirit as he straightened to his imposing height.

Julia, meanwhile, maintained her eerie composure, her gaze now settling on the grievous scene with calculating coldness. "Oh dear, bring me some rope. This one shall make a fine slave," she declared, pointing to the dying Yuki. Her commands flowed effortlessly, as if discussing the weather rather than human fate.

As Julia waved nonchalantly to Whizzie, calling for further magical intervention, the battlefield shifted. Gareth, now fully engaged, advanced towards the knife-wielding assailant. The remaining foes, sensing the tide turning, began to retreat, their courage faltering under the gaze of the mighty Gareth.

The battle's fever pitch resonated with the storm above, each flash of lightning illuminating the stakes of a night soaked in sorrows and sins.

Ooc Mentions: Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Maxxob Maxxob DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Femboy Femboy
Okay guys. The thieves are starting to turn and run away yet. But they're technically not gone yet. The big bad wolf seems to be on yourside for now. Looking forward to everyones posts. Let's see what happens.

[/fieldset]

Titles

Upon hearing Dreyath's comment, a hearty chuckle left Hiroshi's throat as he joined in on the fun. "In the last couple of years, I have been told I am like fine wine, after all." He teased, almost pulling back from the vicious expression he had etched on his face just a few moments ago. It was then that Naori had made a second attempt to finish off Yuki, the blade sinking deeply into her back. He recoiled back from the leaning position instantly, worried that he might end up getting his suit splattered with blood. "Watch the suit, kid!" He said, unfazed by the display before his very eyes. That did serve to drive a point home: Naori did, in fact, have what it took to be in that line of work. "Still, nice work. I see bright things on your future." He continued, praising the teen's ability once more.

Turning around, the yakuza saw that others had joined the fray, this time around it was one of the serving girls walking around with an animal-person, like it was a pet or a dog, chain and everything. The sight amused him to no end, this new world certainly breaking every single expectation he had. It was many times more fucked up than big ol' Earth. And then, Nero's words came around, making the gears in his head turn once more, machinations to further make the metaphorical wound even worse.

"Oh, that is a fine idea, Nero-sama..." The human began, his hazel eyes focusing on his contractor. "... she will make for a fine slave, my slave. Consider it an upfront payment for my services. Furthermore, it will be interesting, for a 'newbie', to put in action all those tips you were so gracious to give us during the trip, wouldn't you agree?" While his voice was polite enough, it didn't sound too much like a request, even though the yakuza offered a small smile. Yuki seemed to be like an important enough member of the Nightshade Guild, and he knew that would only demoralize them further. He wasn't simply rubbing salt into a wound, he was smearing with it. His head snapped back towards the vicious teen. "That means she is my propriety now, Naori-kun. Further damage would be taken as an offense towards me, and I would demand reparations for good of the same quality, not cash." His tone shifted, to a corporate one, talking simply about business and the repercussions of further actions.

It was indeed difficult to differ who was the monster in this situation. Hiroshi had, after all, learned from the best on how to be the worst. His attention would then turn to Whizzie, even thought it seemed that Julia had already procured his help in her own dismissive manner. "Whizzie-san, would you be so kind as to fix my propriety for me?" He asked the incubus, while pointing at Yuki. "If you lend me a hand, I'll make sure to go above and beyond in treating you during our date." The yakuza offered, with a soft tone, his eyes giving the monster every bit of attention.

Last edited:
🗡️NAORI DESTIEEN🛠️

• A eye for a eye

“I doubt she will survive with this kind of wound, Hiroshi…even with Whizzie’s healing. But if you don’t want me to put her out of her misery…then, that is what it is, so to speak.”

He looked at Hiroshi blankly. With a scoff, walking towards Thaddeus. Pointing his dagger towards the man’s open wound. Using [Teenager’s Autopsy Report [E]] to look at it. With a nod before walking back to Yuki and Hiroshi.

“See, Thaddeus isn’t fully healed and that was merely a shoulder wound. It’s still bleeding even, despite Whizzie’s healing attempt. If Whizzie couldn’t heal something as simple as that. What makes you think he can heal this kind of injury? A stab wound near the Sternum?”

He said providing his point. His voice still empty, he then looked at Julia.

“If we have any medical supplies I can bandage Thaddeus up. After all, without his providing of transport, the job would be inconvenienced more. It'll be beneficial if he lives."

Abilities used:
    Teenager's Autopsy report- Appraisal [E], Medicine [E], Magic [F], Steady hands [E],- Naori Diagnoses a person- living or dead- to find out or diagnose injuries and afflictions relevant to the current level of Appraisal and Medicine on one target within a 5ft range. [E] Grade - 1 post cool down

cooldowns:
    Teenager’s Autopsy report [E] 0/1

Actions:
    action 1: walk over to Thaddeus
    Action 2: use [Teenager’s Autopsy report [E]] on Thaddeus.
    Action 3: wall back to Hiroshi,Yuki and Julia

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ A }
{ F }
{ E }
{ A }
{ B }

C

Active Titles:

-East Empire-
Zhaojun City

Dayle was in the middle of dishing out punishment when he overheard the others. "What?" He blankly asked, his fist mid swing. His eyes drifted to the beastman Iris had pulled out of the tavern. "Huh?" He had been too absorbed on the beating that the sudden shift in the situation made his brain work. His gaze landed on Kai, who was quite doing extensive work, and then at Whizzie who was healing Thaddeus. "Huh..." He stared at the others, discussing what to do with the dying Yuki. "Are you all serious right now? We're in the middle of-"

[Defend - Can't Touch This F |Vitality A | Steel Chains C]
Hiss face suddenly swiveled to the side as he received the slash to the face. However, the spot where the dagger hit was actually covered by a protective film of aura. The momentary lapse of attention allowed the man to set free from Dayle, who had wordlessly stood up after. His eyes slowly followed the man as he grit his teeth.

[Attack - Catch 'em Lackin E| Strength A | Steel Chains C]
Suddenly, his arm swung wildly, and its chains flailed out to claim its victim like steel tendrils. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?" The chains reach out to swipe the man's legs, and most probably try to break their ankles.

[Attack - Minions (Basic Swordsmanship F) | Strength D | Saber F]
The Red Star men did not relent and continued their attack. Even when their bodies started showing injuries, they remained steadfast in fulfilling their objective. Some even assisted Kai, trying to compliment his style with their saber forms. With the inclusion of the ferocious beastman, the men were even more spirited as they pressed even harder on the assailants.

Dayle:

Grade F​

[CD | 0 Post] Can't Touch This: Fighting Style [Bonebreaker] (C) F, Nope [Deflect] (E) F, Hellhound [Aura] F| Dayle uses his aura to clad his body in palpable heat. This aura physically manifests as a protective film around his body, allowing him to deflect non-magical attacks.

Grade E​

[CD | 1 Post] Catch 'em Lackin: Fighting Style [Bonebreaker] (C) E, Chainz [Flexible] F, Thwack [Accurate] F| Dayle flourishes his chains, making it unclear when or where the next attack would come next, before striking wildly but accurately. If an opponent is caught off-guard, Dayle can potentially disarm or trip them.

Grade D​

Cooldown (1/2)

Red Star Cronies

Grade F​

[CD | 0 Post] Basic Swordsmanship: Fighting Style [Windrider] F, Swiftness [Accurate] F| Their skill in swordsmanship allows them to hit foes faster than themselves, and thus have an advantage over similarly skilled opponents.

SCROLLABLE

Whizziemin the Greatest
1711832632369.png

Character Sheet

Sighing as it felt like his efforts weren't currently being fully appreciated, seeing as Julia was looking to request for his healing furthermore although his attention turned rather more convinced to Hiroshi's request to heal apparently his new propriety. Unsure what was exactly going on between people since it felt like there was already questionable in-fighting, Whizzie took a small glance in the direction of Julia before deeming Hiroshi's side very clearly favourable.
"No problemo, Bossman! At least someone understands respect within this corner of the world, I'll keep to work on that no biggie" Whizziemin agreed, supposing that he would have to keep continued healing and efforts on Yuki for the moment since they were in a rather dire situation. Overhearing Naori speak on Thaddeus having not made so swiftly a recovery after he had healed him, the incubus rolled his eyes as he wandered over to Yuki.

"Kids these days, they're so impatient and demanding. Always expecting everything good immediately coming their way... " Whizzie hummed with a small huff at his rather critical comments, finding his outlook both disappointing for fun and annoying as he didn't allow it to convince him to stop helping Hiroshi from getting a new friend to call his own.
"Nobody gets anywhere just by saying how they see it, plus you'll never truly know the outcome until you try. Besides, at least I'm contributing in my own manner, by all means you were the one who stabbed her in the first place, so quite frankly I am just being so kind picking up the pieces after the little problem you made" Whizzie answered back, preparing to start giving healing on Yuki a go and to assist with the recovery.

"No promises on anything, but hope hard enough and destiny may manifest. I mean, that's why anyone does anything. But, I'll keep a reminder on that tantalizing date you offered" he answered absent-mindedly, although mainly to Hiroshi who had asked of him it.

Actions
1. Walk over to Yuki.
2. Heal Yuki with Good Touch - Magic (F), Healing (F) - Give a gentle healing touch to help soothe and heal pains - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back