• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zero For Conduct | Season 1

Khocolatte

暗星
IC - Season 1
Zero for Conduct
Sangvis: Archaic Evil
"In retribution, one shall find indifference plagued throughout mine mind."
"Though this power is but a small toll, keep in mind the overarching goal: divine justice from the corrupt."
"I demand their heads so that their blood may leak, and only then shall you obtain the freedom that you seek."
Zero for Conduct | Synopsis
Zero for Conduct takes place in a fictional interpretation of Seoul, South Korea, specifically in an area known as the Azura District, the multipurpose 26th district that makes up the city of Seoul. Nearly 50 years before the beginning of the roleplay, the abyssal beasts of the Underworld declared war against the rest of humanity, tearing through the fabric of reality with its bare claws, constructing a series of unstable rifts leaking monstrosities to ravage life on Earth, essentially propelling humanity to resist using the resources provided by the gods. As the Venators, humans who possess the innate talent to use magic, began to push back against the forces of the abyss, heroes rose from the occasion and created a system of hierarchy purely based on the ranking system, where the strong ruled over the weak as the government that once protected the balance of the world began to collapse.

Except, who cares about that? That part of mankind's history is reserved for a different cast of warriors where morals and heroism matter more than their yearnings. Desolated and vindictive against those that have wronged you in the past, before you are given the privilege to exterminate the befouled from the world, a particular self-proclaiming Abyssal God requests that you do her a favor: exterminate the heroes and villains alike, and effectively bring chaos to the globe. In return? She'll not only cease all rift activities on the planet, you shall reign as kings and build a new world as you see fit.

A vicious offer or not, nothing matters more than the sweet taste of revenge.
Khocolatte Khocolatte (GM) Novelight Novelight (GM) lunar_moth lunar_moth AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa R U S T R U S T Pepsionne Pepsionne Servant Servant poi poi

17 Hours Ago
Kim Estate
S-Rank Venator of the United States
Alexander Cameron
Crimson Vorpal Gates are given an “Apocalypse” level ranking due to the fact that without proper handling and management of several S-ranked Venators, millions of lives, without fail, would be forever lost, with only their names to be engraved in stone. Even with the current team having surpassed the recommended number of sixteen S-rank Venators, survival was not guaranteed; the number of casualties steadily crawled upwards as the death count reached the dozens.

However, in the midst of the raging struggle to seal the arena gate, one particular S-rank Venator stood out amongst the crowd: a man who played an integral part in his team’s victory and managed to vanquish the horrid beast with a charged blow, causing him to become recognized as one who would become the ninth World-Class Venator of the world—a feat that had not been heard of in ages. The man, battered and weakened after the war against the wicked, had found himself rapidly recovering after he was transported into a safer location until he was once again at his prime—a mere day left until the eventual anniversary that would take place for his noble promotion.

A week has passed since that fateful day and Alexander Cameron, the currently rising star of the world's fame, was enjoying himself a delightful meal involving his favorite dishes, perfected by the finest chefs that South Korea had to offer. Having been shown hospitality by the rank 2 of the World-class Venators, the one famously known as 'Rainguard', Alexander was given a temporary place to stay after his arena battle in the Jeju Islands.

Living the life of kings, the blonde venator kept a cocky grin throughout his day and did whatever he pleased, waiting for the grand anniversary to finally come to its fruition, where he would be granted a spot in the hall of legends.

However, before he could celebrate the last of his free hours before the big day, his senses heightened as a foreign aura began to approach his position from the distance, alerting his magical sensors to assume danger was approaching him, removing that cocky grin on his face as he focused on the sudden flow of energy. It was certainly not from a human, he would think, having been able to differentiate the energy between that of a human and a beast since long ago. Did a rift leak nearby? Impossible, this area was one of the highest guarded districts in all of Korea, for housing hundreds of the rich. For those creatures to be this close... he began to get suspicious, but before he could act, he realized that he no longer had the time to worry about the safety of the others as the dark energy began to approach him at a lightning pace.

Before he could realize it, several defense barriers around the estate were breached in a matter of seconds as variety of vertebrates coated with dark energy invaded his residential hotel, ravaging onto all furniture and items it could before it dashed towards its main target, their fangs and claws ready to claim its meal.

Bothered by the sudden interruption and now worried about the property destruction, Alexander quickly went into his battle stance and summoned his defensive gauntlets, and proceeded to pulverize the vermins into squashed meat, leaving nothing but the remains of cadavers across the hallway. For several minutes he fought, showing that his martial prowess was fearsome and that the low-level beasts were target practice for his armored fist. Regardless of his competence in keeping the situation under control, like an endless wave of terrors it never ceased, one after another jumping through the shattered windows, fully disregarding that it was all futile.

The aggression decelerated over the course of several minutes, the S-rank venator showing that he was not to be trifled with, sending a warning to the remaining beasts that dared to show themselves to the blonde. As expected from the next World-class venator, his stamina and defense were on another level, not a single scratch or a drop of sweat to be seen.

"Seriously? That's it? Awh come on, you fucking bastards," Alexander cackled and cracked his knuckles beneath his gauntlet, "you came this far to fuck with me, and that's all you'll show for an aggression?"

Tired of waiting around for the boss unit to appear and end this 'pathetic raid', Alexander stretched his body for several minutes before dashing forward in an attempt to end this once and for all, until a sudden burst of corrupted energy erupted on the other side of the front door, forcing the blonde venator to switch his position to defend, guarding himself against the explosion by raising his gauntlets to protect his face and torso.

Once the explosion had occurred, Alexander cleared the aftermath smoke with his gauntlet and observed his front, expecting someone to walk in, as clearly, someone of special capabilities was behind that maneuver. He smiled, assuming that the boss had left their castle to approach their foe, adding onto his ego that he was worthy enough for the apex predator to leave their habitat.

And soon enough, as Alexander expected, before the burning entrance stood a woman of abnormal bodily features. Long black hair with maroon highlights and a rather revealing outfit that complimented her figure, her presence was enough to instill a sense of danger into Alexander's intuition. Was it a demon? A humanoid monster? Their silhouette suggested that they had horns, and as the smoke began to clear out, the full image of the woman was revealed to the venator, leaving him to assume that she was indeed a demonic existence.

A pair of red horns and bright metallic claws, along with eyes that surged a great amount of corrupted energy, she was guaranteed to be the main perpetrator behind this assassination attempt.

"Come on, then!" The blonde shouted in excitement, "I was wondering how I could make tomorrow's event more exciting!"
I. THE ARBITRATOR
Cha Aera 차애라
For a venator who barely survived the Vorpal Gate, he sure was overconfident in his abilities, she thought. Although this was to be expected, considering that she did not summon high-level beasts to savor their potential for higher priorities, she was still pleasantly surprised that the blonde was left without scratches, albeit being significantly weaker than the rank 8 of the World-class venators.

Still, this man had her respect. Despite being loaded with immoral actions in the past, he was still able to thrive and even ascend into the highest class of venators imaginable, and was even funded and supported by Rainguard here in South Korea. Was he not aware of this man's past, or was he also corrupt? The last she checked, Rainguard was one of the few who held a clean background, missing all the sweet details of true evil. Hah, how amusing. It seems that her current investigations into the top venators' pasts have been subpar if it's true that Rainguard also hides a dark past of his own.

She smiled and lightly bowed to the man before her, at least showing a minimum amount of respect to the man who defied the impossible. "An honor, Sir Alexander. Your tenacity to endure and persist against all odds is truly awe-inspiring. A marvelous feat indeed, undeterred by the fact that you are nothing but a con artist."

Aera kept her grin as she watched the blonde become irritated over her comment, "Now what's that supposed to mean, you bitch?" he responded harshly, "A con artist? Are you telling me that I lied about my records? I have hundreds of venators from that fight vouching for me!"

Oh, I am certainly not trying to undermine your success. Don't misunderstand my demeanor, I mean no disrespect to your hardships. After all, I care not about your desire to cheat life. You see, I am a prosecutor for a certain goddess, who desires that you lot become ash before her gaze, and that order I shall oblige until the end of time. Nothing personal from my end, except... perhaps, my comrades might feel a little different."

Anger rising from the depths of his soul, that very emotion was converted into energy that would fuel his drive, desiring nothing more than to eliminate the rift monster before him. Though he had to silently admit, this was one of the first times he witnessed a monster speak the language of humans, as most would either growl or speak an unknown dialect only common in the abyss.

"You don't know shit about me, you fucking fiend!"

His first step forward caused an immense amount of energy to burst beneath his feet, granting him the power to move at a speed of sound. His primary affinity was electricity, and his class was most certainly either a warrior or a tank, or perhaps, even an assassin. However, his speed was certainly not going to help him in his case, as the moment he tried to slam his fist directly into Aera's face, an invisible barrier stopped his attack from meeting contact with its target, leaving only a heavy force of the wind to blow through her black hair.

"Let us venture into a familiar place, where your misdemeanors shall be stated before the audience." Aera raised her hand and pointed her index finger upward, as pressurized energy began to form above the tip of her finger, gradually becoming larger and more powerful the longer the seconds went by. However, despite being blessed with immense strength, Alexander could not escape its grasp, suddenly becoming a victim to the stranger's magic.

In what felt like an immediate second, Alexander opened his eyes, only to quickly realize that he was transported into a place where he was once familiar. The arena of the previous Vorpal Gate he participated in. Devoid of monsters at the very least, but that was disregarding the several humanoid monsters that stood around him in a circle, far away from his current position.

He was forcefully kidnapped into the abyss. It was a spell that he never expected. For someone to have such an ability, how dangerous could that monster be? And to disguise themselves as human... the destructive potential she held was enormous. And for some odd reasons, he could feel a similar aura radiating from the individuals that surrounded him.

Nervous but not afraid, he cracked another cocky grin and enhanced his gauntlet for extra defense, preparing for any one of them to strike. "All of you against me? You'll need more than the eight of you if you want to take me down, bastards!"

"Calm yourself, Sir Alexander." the same voice interrupted his stance, causing him to move his focus of attention to the woman standing before him, much closer than the others. "Resistance is futile, I'm afraid. You're simply too weak to act like a hero, considering that you were only able to strike and kill the arena boss after hundreds sacrificed themselves to weaken it. How shameful. To add nothing to the fight, and simply watch from the distance as your comrade did their best to prevent it from exiting its domain. But worry not, we are very much aware of your previous agenda with the 4th rank, Li Zhuan. What we are wondering is your agreement with him. You know, the deal that made him support you in your endeavors. If it wasn't for his efforts, you wouldn't be standing here today, enrapturing yourself with all the pleasantries of the world."

Aera nodded nearing the end of her speech, only to later come to the realization that he forgot to add an important detail in the end, "Ah, I almost forgot. Regardless of whether or not you tell us the secrets of the deal, you'll end up dead regardless. The verdict has been made, and I shall execute it with honor. Now, to everyone else. Which one of you seven would like to do us the honor of cleaning up this mess before us?"

Khocolatte Khocolatte lunar_moth lunar_moth AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa R U S T R U S T Pepsionne Pepsionne Servant Servant poi poi

Last edited:
II. THE ECCLESIARCH
KIM NARIN 김나린
Slow clapping rings out amongst the arena

Aahh, what a moving speech, Arbitrator. You almost make it sound like this little rat is someone worth wasting breath on.”

Kim Narin steps forward out into the metaphorical spotlight. Corrupted energy in all its foggy glory circles his feet like plumes of smoke. His sarcastic applause slows to a stop, and he casts the bleachy-blond Venerator a cheeky grin.

“I would so love to ruin you, little Venerator. I wonder — what does he see in you, that the Phoenix of China himself bothers keeping you as a pet? You couldn’t stand on your own two legs without him. But you know that, don’t you?” Narin lifts a hand to his face as if to study his nails. He frowns, like the state of one has displeased him; when he flicks his wrist out in a flippantly dismissive gesture, white-hot sparks shoot from his fingertips and land by the blond Venerator’s feet, close enough to singe.

Narin absently flips a strand of hair over his shoulder and begins to braid it. His fingertips still glow a bit and the holy light diffuses softly against his hair, shine made glassy through the veil of Abyss. He casts his gaze up and to the side, as if bored, and drawls, “…mn, you’d really be better off making yourself useful while you still can. So out with your ‘secrets.’ Spill, or I’ll have no problem making you.”

He snaps his fingers. A paper talisman conjures itself immediately into his grip, and Narin’s fingers burn careful strokes into the paper as he begins to spell out hangul. “I’m more than willing to use a truth spell or a torture spell; up to you which you prefer. They’ll both get the job done just fine.”

Last edited:
role
The Executioner
mentions
민 나라 Min, Nara
Nara looked down at the bewildered figure of a man that Aera deposited before them all. He sucked his teeth in disapproval at the words Alexander barked out at the group boldly, despite having clearly been backed into a corner. The cocky demeanor that the man struggled to maintain in the face of his rising despair made Nara’s lip curl in disgust. Even in Alexander’s current predicament, his own image and reputation were more important to him than arguably his own life. True to Venator fashion, he was narcissistic to the end.

Despite his attempts to appear courageous before them all, it was clear in the hunger of his eyes that Alexander only lusted after the fame that would come from taking the eight of them down, nothing more. All Venators strove for was a stroke to their ego and this man was no different. The bitterness in Nara’s throat felt acidic.

Nara’s mixed gaze darkened when Aera exposed the Venator for his false heroism. His body had immediately stiffened, muscles turning to iron at the thought of the man using those weaker than him as a stepping stool, the bodies piled underneath his feet lifting him to the next level. Even among the strong, those weaker than them were just fodder to propel them forward in a never ending cycle. It was an unsurprising reality but one that never failed to stoke the ever burning flame of hatred for the Venator kind within him. Nara’s hand tightened around the weapon that was currently becoming crushed in his grip. The leather of his gloves groaned in protest from the increased pressure. His anger and disgust were a suffocating aura that wrapped around his body, but the young man remained silent as Aera talked.

His gaze remained just below eye level of those around him, glancing over each of his comrades' necks as the question of who would be the one to execute the Venator now hung in the air. Nara fidgeted but refrained from volunteering outright, ignoring the itch in his finger to execute the man right then and there. Some of his comrades were more—excitable than he was and nearly all of them more experienced in life. He’d have plenty of chances to rid of this vile bitterness within him in due time. Nara tentatively brought his gaze up to read Aera’s expression, but after a moment dropped it back to the subject before them all while he waited for one of his comrades to volunteer.

He glanced over at Narin’s smooth yet sharp words glossing through the air to sting the Venator. Nara’s eyes glued themselves to Narin’s slender fingers, the tips of them still glowing from the attack he had thrown teasingly. Nara’s grip loosened on his weapon. He was glad that the disgust he felt toward Alexander was not something he alone carried, and he’d greatly allow the Ecclesiarch to execute the man if he so wished. Nara turned his gaze back towards Alexander in anticipation for which fate the man would choose in response to Narin’s proposition.
coded by natasha.

coded by natasha.
  • VII. The Doctor - Beatrice Ahn

"All of you against me? You'll need more than the eight of you if you want to take me down, bastards!"

Beatrice’s drowsy state of being was rudely snapped back into full attentiveness due to the vermin that had suddenly materialized directly at the center of the arena. How very inconsiderate, he could’ve at least had the decency of easing his way into such a loud stance rather than throwing a full blown tantrum right from the get go. Still, his presence signaled the success of Aera’s mission, and a quick glance at her showed absolutely no signs of exterior damage whatsoever. As expected from the Arbitrator herself. It's a shame that she wasn't able to frighten some manners into the Venator just before bringing him over, but oh well, it’s not like he’d be able to keep talking for much longer.

And thus the “trial” commenced. While Aera read out the Venator’s crimes Beatrice’s exhausted expression never once flinched, for such despicable actions were absolutely to be expected from a self-labelled “hero”, after all, Venators lied as naturally as they breathed. Once all the cards had been laid on the table Beatrice couldn’t help but divert her attention from the accused towards two of her colleagues, the first of which was Narin. The Ecclesiarch’s way of toying with the Venator was amusing to say the least, it almost felt like Beatrice was watching a cat playing around with its prey’s life moments before ending it. Now, on the complete opposite side of the spectrum stood Nara: Despite his quiet demeanor and the distance between herself and The Executioner, Beatrice had absolutely no issues in noticing the man’s killer instinct surfacing through. From his stance alone it was clear that his restraint had to work overtime just to keep him in place. The Doctor wondered just how long it would take for the Venator’s head to fall onto the ground should Nara be given the go ahead to end his life. Either way, should it be slow and drawn out or swift and instantaneous, the Venator’s fate was sealed. It was due to this certainty however that Beatrice felt the need to speak out to her colleagues, lest they commit a mistake:

“I need not remind you people that allowing overconfidence to fester within you is a surefire way of ending like the accused that stands before us. Rats always fight back when cornered, and I’d rather none of you get scratched up by such insignificant vermin.” If she was forced to be awake then Beatrice was not about to pass up the opportunity to chastise everyone in the group for their potentially harmful personality traits, her job was to watch out for their physical health after all. Surprisingly though, mere moments after she was done dishing out reprimands, Beatrice’s expression suddenly displayed a serene smile. “And if any of you wish to go all out, at least make it fun to watch.” As for herself, Beatrice had no plans in being the one to dish out the sentence, both due to the nature of her role and the amount of energy such a procedure would take.
    coded by natasha.

scroll

viii. imperialist

yahui.

mood

a bit playful

outfit

??? ― arena

interactions

beatrice, alexander; indirectly aera, narin, nara

tags

everyone!

To be quite frank, waiting around for [ Some Venator Guy No One Should Care About™ ] just didn’t feel like the best use of Ai Yahui’s time, so it’d likely come as no surprise when he visibly spent most of it in outer space instead. At some point, though, he thought about how he and the rest of the group were already stood in a circular formation, noting that it’d probably be pretty cinematic if Aera and what’s-his-face suddenly appeared in the middle―and, well, you know, maybe that’s exactly what the plan was, too. Buuuut, y’know, it’d be even more funny if they just poofed right outside of the circle instead.

As if on cue, the two faces that were just in mind had materialized in front of the group within a split second’s notice. As to be expected, Yahui failed to listen to the exchange of words in its entirety, his mind filtering the dialogue in a similar manner to how it would when someone skims a text; however, he did end up letting out a slight laugh upon seeing how the Venator reacted towards Aera’s belittling of the man, and afterwards, she’d ask the group, “Now, to everyone else. Which one of you seven would like to do us the honor of cleaning up this mess before us?”

The sound of slow, sarcastic clapping soon reverberated throughout the arena. Prompted by the Arbitrator’s question, Narin seemed to waste no time with joining in on this, to be honest, one-sided confrontation, or endeavor to get the information that they sought―not that the latter was guaranteed since, in Yahui’s eyes, it was definitely possible that Alexander’s pride would be too much and somehow get in the way. On the other hand, another possibility was that his true colors would show themselves, and out of a futile attempt at self-preservation, he’d betray his comrades one way or another. Unrelated to the goal of getting intel, the tri-color haired male hoped that turned out to be the outcome, just because it would be sooo much more embarrassing for him that way.

While Narin’s cunning antics continued, it became evident that he (gladly?) had the situation under control, and based off what he could see out of the corner of his eye, Nara had reached the same conclusion; the guy was previously handling his weapon as if he were in a fit of silent anger, ready to snap if something were to push him. Personally, Yahui had no intent to “deal” with the Venator himself, but he understood where the hostility was coming from―these so-called “heroes” of society were, ironically, the absolute worst kind of people. And yet, despite everything they might’ve done, they’re still able to get away with it because of… what, exactly?

Their status? Supposed power?

His attention was then pulled towards the medic of their little group as she chastised their behavior; a warning of ‘we shouldn’t get too cocky, ourselves’ ringing clear within her tired words. Sure, she was right―this Venator may have had obvious shortcomings, but at the end of the day, he was an S-Rank for a reason. Yahui turned to nod with (fake?) enthusiasm at his teammate, and responded with an, “Oooohhh... Mhm, you’re right! As expected, wise words from our wittle doccy-woccy!”

A few seconds of silence passed before his expression shifted back to the state it was in before; lips curled up into a fox-like grin as he redirected his sights to the Venator in the center of the commotion. He definitely did acknowledge Beatrice’s reminder, but did it mean he wasn’t going to turn around and say whatever he wanted anyway?

… Yeah, no.

On high guard but not evidently so, he bounded up to join Aera and Narin in their places in front of Alexander. “... Anyway. What’s with you, guy? Didya’ make up your mind yet or did you need a few more minutes?” he inquired, though mocking undertones rang clear in his voice. “Mmm. Now that I get a closer look at you, I think… Huh, you kinda seem like the type who’d pee in other people’s showers, or something! Oh, but don’t worry, I understand―I mean. I wouldn’t do it myself, but really, I understand… People like you just can’t help it, yeah? ☆”

At that point, he was looking for a reaction more than anything, attitude much like a gnat that just won’t leave your face on a hot summer day; prodding, jabbing at the “hero” for the sake of his own entertainment. There was nothing in his stance that indicated hostility, yet the mischievous glint in his vibrant purple hues was enough to show that he was up to no good. Tilting his head to the side in a bout of exaggerated curiosity, he ended off with a, “But, yeah. So how about it?”

♡coded by uxie♡

larsalbrecht.png

III. The Invictus
Tags:
poi poi Servant Servant lunar_moth lunar_moth Novelight Novelight

376480cdca261d3c6fe8c0907efa5e10.png
After the prior five spat their piece, the stench of tobacco loomed through the air. With a snap of the lighter's cap, one of the men in the group finally made himself apparent. "Don't fret, Doc," he began, not even sparing a glance at Beatrice as he held a hand to his cigarette to block the wind. "It depends on Mr. Cameron's common sense; however lacking that may be."

Lars Albrecht paused again as Yahui spoke his piece, waiting until he finished. "And please, Imperialist, pipe down. You're going to confuse the poor bastard." He then stepped forward beside the others, locking eyes with the ferocious Venator, face unchanging.

To be honest, Lars could not speak on the same level of frustration his companions had. His anger, in fact, found its marking on a different aspect of Alexander. "I don't mind the taking advantage of the ones you considered 'beneath' you, and I don't mind the way you rose to the top. But the behavior that came with such a ploy; a lack of awareness." Lars' free hand clenched into a fist at this side. For a few moments, his smoke-ridden breath became audible. His gaze then narrowed at the Venator. "What are you thinking? You don't play the game and accept it as over as soon as you get the tiniest taste of success! Look where your awful choices led you to! You can't even play the part of 'deceitful scumbag' correctly! You are nothing!"

These types of people riled him up the most: entitled brats who suddenly think they're kings. They don't know how to play the game. They're useless, sad little critters who look at the top and think it's only a matter of simplicity. "You only got far by playing leech in miserable nepotism! If you truly believe you deserve a high status, work for it!" At last, Lars took a deeper breath; he shouldn't waste his anger on such a naive brat. He flicked his cigarette's ashes in front of Cameron. "But, well, not everyone was meant for greatness. At the same token, it's those people who make their superiors, well, superior. In a way, you've served your purpose to the other Venators you lick the boots of."

Lars finally glanced at his allies, donning his usual scowl. "I'm going on a tangent." His cigarette was reaching the end of its lifespan; a fact he scoffed at. "Mr. Cameron, please do make your decision in haste, I don't wish to burn through my smokes just by waiting for you."

He pointed at Narim. "And you, Ecclesiarch, if the worm doesn't provide any answer, use the most painful thing you've got."

Lars flicked the dying smoke to the ground, extinguishing it with the heel of his foot. He reached in his pocket, retrieving the white box of cigarettes, turning back to the Venator. He eyed the summoned gauntlet with a morbid intrigue. "To make things easier on you, Mr. Cameron, I will give you ten seconds to make your choice." He pulled another cigarette to his mouth, lighting it. He spoke slowly and softly, drawing each 'second' agonizingly long. "Ten..."

S-Rank Venator of the United States
Alexander Cameron
Venators are categorized under several roles in the battlefield. Whether it be a fighter, a tank, a medic or a support—every Venator, except for the mighty 'one', plays a role that was vital for the teamwork between the Venators sent to exterminate the content of the rift. And thus, each class has their specialties that they accel at, no matter the ranking system outside of the world-class Venators.

However.

All Venators had one thing in common—their bodies were masters of sensing danger around them, unlike the normal pedestrians who wouldn't even flinch at the sudden materialization of a rift because they are unable to sense its severity levels.

The same could be said for individuals. Venators are always the last ones to survive not because they have superhuman abilities, but because they know when to run and when to fight. And that was exactly how Alexander Cameron survived until now. From a D-rank venator eating the scraps of his superiors to becoming an S-rank warrior of absolute sheer strength, that was the playbook that he was handed when he had first begun his career as a hero of the people, as laughable as that may sound to the eight maniacs before him.

And for the first time since his starting days as a D-ranker, Alexander could have never imagined he would ever end up in a situation where his body begged for him to escape. Run and don't look back. Cry for help and let the others handle them. And he would've done so if it wasn't for the very fact that deep within him, he knew that escape was quite literally, impossible. He was here in this arena before, and no arenas exist where escape is possible unless you were to slay the boss.

The boss... Was it that woman from before? The one with the demonic claws?

Instinctively the blonde turned the moment the man with long white hair approached him. Fear crawling up his spine and making him rethink his past decisions, Alexander managed to keep his cool while the man rambled before him, his words going through one ear and coming out the other. Such was the act of a terrified individual whose thoughts were solely on escaping.

'Just tell them. Then, maybe... they'll let you live.'

His own mind begged him to reveal the secrets that they so desperately wanted to know. Alexander gritted his teeth in defiance of his instincts, waving his gauntlets in front of the counting man to make him stay away from his space—but, as expected, failed to repel the man.

When the man had counted to five he had already given up. His body weakened by the immense stress siphoned his will to fight after the overwhelming aura of the eight, he tightened his fist and looked over to the first person that he had met—the woman with the demonic claws, and confessed before her.

"He said that I had potential, that was all! He... the Phoenix offered a spot in the world-class league, and said I could be one of them if I did him a favor!"

Cha Aera remained silent, allowing the man to confess before her and the others that listened carefully to the details. Such vague details wouldn't have done it and that would leave Aera to remain silent, merely cocking her head to converse with the man in body language.

Realizing that she desired more information from him, Alexander gritted his teeth and spoke louder, "For fucks sake—don't you already know what I'm about to say!? I... God fucking damn it...!" After a painful streak of stuttering and looking around him in a wary of what the others may do to him, Alexander fell onto his knees and confessed the rest of everything else.

"He said that if I got the Lightbringer's younger brother killed in the arena, I could take his spot as the 9th world-class venator! I swear, that's all he said! Th-the arena boss? I didn't fucking kill it, okay!? It was the Phoenix' men from overseas! They killed the other venators who survived the aftermath and claimed otherwise! That's everything, I swear!"

Last edited:
I. THE ARBITRATOR
Cha Aera 차애라
Pleasantly surprised by how easily Alexander Cameron fell from his ego, she would later be more amazed at the details that he was able to spew in such a short amount of time, and later the critical information that they were waiting for: the Phoenix' agenda.

A fascinating development this truly was. So, the tragic tale of the Lightbringer's biological S-rank brother, who was fated to become the next world-class venator half a decade ago, was handcrafted by the Phoenix to meet his end during the last Vorpal Gate. Aera had to admit, she didn't see that coming. That blonde weakling who rose to fame because of their older brother's success could have never made it to the major leagues no matter how hard he tried. After all, compared to the 8th ranker, he was significantly weaker.

Cha Aera nodded, "Interesting. Indeed, being directly told from the source is far more exciting than uncovering the truth through needless hardship. You've saved our troubles. My sincere gratitude."

They had the luxury of time, and Aera was one to enjoy her pleasures if it meant getting the job done for her goddess. Although, playing with this insignificant venator wouldn't bring any joy to her.

Aera looked over to the others, "An honest mistake on my part. I should have observed the activities when it is done right here in this arena, instead of waiting for the results. In my defense, the goddess demanded I fetch her a meal during her leisurely hours. Eh-heh~!" Sarcastically she hovered a peace sign over her eye and playfully let out her tongue to the side, showing her less serious side for but a moment, before chuckling to reassure the blonde venator that all the attention of the world was still on him.

Regardless of his fate, Aera sighed and smiled, "We'll begin our investigation on the Phoenix the moment we get the chance. Finding his whereabouts will be of our first priorities, and getting the opportunity to converse with him would be an even greater feat. Although..." Aera briefly pondered and stroked her chin, "There's no use trying to find his location when the Phoenix will just evade us from the shadows. Perhaps it is time to spawn a phenomenon and unleash a second Vorpal Gate before our mighty heroes, see how they would respond."

Aera's smile further extended the moment an idea entered her mind.

"How about..." Aera giggled to herself, "One of you seven become the next Vorpal Gate's boss?"

Khocolatte Khocolatte lunar_moth lunar_moth AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Pyosimros Pyosimros Pepsionne Pepsionne Servant Servant poi poi

role
The Executioner
mentions
민 나라 Min, Nara
Nara’s disposition steadied and leveled out as more of his comrades joined in to antagonize the Venator sitting before them all. His expression remained placid and apathetic as their commentary ricocheted off of each other with each new topic. His eyes darted around to the different heart rates he could calculate within them all, taking note of who seemed to be more affected by a boost of adrenaline.

His eyes narrowed while Lars began shaving away time from Alexander’s ability to choose. The Venator maintained a look of courage and defiance, but Nara’s eyes could see through it. The rapid beating of his heart was prominent, pushing blood throughout his body in a fit of adrenaline. Nara’s eyes scanned the man’s figure, taking in each organ to identify a weak point they could monopolize on if needed.

Unsurprisingly enough, the man began spilling everything he had before the countdown had even reached its end. The executioner’s expression soured as Alexander began exposing the web of lies that had lifted him to the position he was itching to covet. The corruption and greed was unsurprising, but what left Nara stunned into silence was the mere level of vulnerability and weakness that emanated from Alexander. These were the people that were so idolized in the city? Someone like this was the reason that the lives of those born with no power was a living hell? In this light, the bait of executing Alexander was no longer enough to satiate the low burning anger ever present in his blood. Nara wanted...more. He wanted--the dark haired male looked up at Aera at the mention of the Phoenix. Someone that powerful was bound to provide some type of chaos upon their death. His fingers itched just thinking about it.

Fukami broke out into a chaotic fit of laughter once Alexander had finished speaking, filling the empty silence the vorpal gate had fallen into with an unsettling chorus. The laughter was soon replaced by the sickening thump and metallic clashing of combat, which in seconds devolved into a one-sided assault against the downed Venator. Nara scowled at the sight. He expected a bit more tenacity out of the Venator than the pitiful display he had put on before succumbing to the brutal beating of the Silverwing and the others that now rained down upon him. A fleck of blood flew from the mess of commotion, landing square on Nara’s cheek. The feeling of it was hot and wet, sliding down his skin as gravity urged it forward. The Executioner winced at the feeling, bringing a gloved hand up to dab at the spot. It was hard to hide the disgust on his face to see the glistening crimson liquid on the tip of his finger. To think someone like this was considered a well-decorated protector of humanity. And if Alexander’s intel was anything to go by, he was surely not the only offender to this mirage their world had been thrust into. This whole time he had been fed the idea that he was lesser than simply because he was weak. Yet what was to be one of the most elite Venators in the world now lay limp before them all without so much as a scratch or sharp increase in his comrades' pulses. He stared down at Alexander’s limp body as his vitals began to fade and grow still. It wasn’t nearly as satisfying as Nara hoped it would be.

“I’m afraid my combat skills are not well rounded enough to serve as the gate boss,” Nara confessed, shifting his weight from side to side. His gaze passed over Aera and Fukami’s figures for a brief moment in his confession before returning back to the blood-splattered ground. Sure, he could kill quickly and efficiently, but he was vulnerable to much more than he’d like to fully admit.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
II. THE ECCLESIARCH
KIM NARIN 김나린

Hardly a struggle at all to get him to break, that one. The Ecclesiarch scoffs and throws another fistful of sparks at the Venator’s feet when he finally ceases his blubbering, and if some of them catch his skin under the edges of his tattered clothes this time, oh well.

The Fourth throws the first punch. Kim Narin’s upper lip curls a bit — the acrid stench of blood, drawn free by the Venator’s one-sided brawl with their dear Silverwing, creeps into his lungs and makes him grimace as delicately as one can grimace.

Eugh. I’ll leave the rest of him to you and the others, this time,” he waves one hand non-commitally to Yumemi Fukami. Her form at the very least is, as always, impressive — he notes this as she launches another hit to the Venator’s face. The force behind each blow is so heavy that Narin’s jaw almost aches in sympathy. Almost.

“I do prefer to take a less hands-on approach… in situations like these, at least,” Narin says with a smirk to himself. The others occupied, he takes this moment to attempt to drape himself over one of Min Nara’s shoulders, gaze lingering on the remnant smear of blood on the other’s cheek. “I suppose you feel the same, don’t you, Nara-ya? Ah, it seems our rat is more like a poor little battered kitten, now…” He winces for theatrical effect as a particularly brutal blow lands upon one of the Venator’s- er, vital spots.

Nara’s calculating eye taking note of everyone’s reactions moments earlier hadn’t escaped the Ecclesiarch’s notice, and Narin couldn’t help but be a bit pleased despite himself. At least some of us aren’t thoroughly empty-headed.

Their Arbitrator must have come to some sort of maniacal conclusion again — Narin’s attention snaps back to her upon hearing her giggle, and he watches Cha Aera’s face split into an even wider smile, seemingly uncaring of the bloodshed occurring only arms-lengths away from her.

"How about..." Aera giggled to herself, "One of you seven become the next Vorpal Gate's boss?"

Granted that he has been allowed to remain leant against Nara’s shoulder thus far, Narin strikes a pose much like that of a swooning Victorian lady, with the Executioner as his stand-in fainting couch.

Aah, that sounds like such tireless work. Those Venators are such trouble. I can imagine even someone like me would become exhausted after day-in and day-out of squashing ants. But, I suppose…” He winds a strand of pale hair around one finger and watches it unravel. “…If it is what must be done to finally serve justice to those beloved heroes and take them down a peg, then I can be convinced. Yep, paragon of justice, that’s me.”

coded by natasha.

A weary sigh escaped the doctor’s lips once her ears were forced to endure the torture that were Yahui’s words, the imperilaist never failed to drastically deplete Beatrice’s energy with that tongue of his. When was she gonna be given the go-ahead to sew his mouth shut? Whatever, at the very least Lars’ response and his reprimand towards the ball of hyperactive energy were enough to somewhat put her mind at ease, looks like someone else would be on babysitting duty today. Speaking of the invictus, while his acts of intimidation were always quite a treat to watch, that brief interaction with Yahui had already taken a massive toll on Beatrice’s body, one that could only be remedied in with a single method: A nap. After all, she had already done more than enough for this particular situation, and if things went awry then surely the proceeding commotion would be enough to shift her body back into action. Maybe. Probably. More than likely. Anyways, Lars’ countdown was the perfect trigger for her well-deserved rest to commence, and as the numbers ticked down Beatrice’s consciousness slowly began to slip away. In a mere matter of seconds the doctor had gone into a dormant state of being, despite the fact that her body remained standing perfectly upright. Beatrice fully trusted that the rest would handle the situation with the necessary finesse and care that their visitor had earned.

*MEATY WHACK*

Oh, it’d seem that things had moved on faster than expected. What a shame, she was barely given any time to enjoy herself. Looks like it was Fukami the one who’d be taking out the garbage today, how surprising, Beatrice was sure that the Brutalisk would be making bodywork with the Venator’s remains once he was done confessing. At the very least the silverwing was perfectly punctual with her execution, for it allowed her to hear Aera’s announcement:

"How about...one of you seven become the next Vorpal Gate's boss?"

Beatrice pondered the proposal for a few seconds, her thoughts strengthened by the feedback provided by the rest of her team. Nara and herself were without a doubt the most ill-suited candidates for such a job, thus leaving behind 5 potential candidates. Considering how much attention it’s ultimately placed on a Vorpal Gate’s boss, a positive balance between strength and mental fortitude must be achieved in order to avoid disaster. With this in mind, Beatrice spoke out:

“Well, there’s no leash long enough to keep Yahui in check during such a situation, so I am afraid our beloved imperialist shouldn’t be considered for the role, unless one of you wants to babysit him.” Beatrice spoke with a drowsy tone, her words suddenly cut by a lengthy yawn. “And so I personally recommend we either choose Narin or Fukami. Unless Narin is consumed by his theatrics I doubt either of them will be stupid enough to let their guard down, unlike SOME other people in this group. Plus, they pack enough of a punch to hold their ground against just about anyone, I am sure our guest can at least vouch for Fukami in that regard.”
    coded by natasha.

scroll

viii. imperialist

yahui.

mood

notmenotmenotme

outfit

??? ― arena

interactions

eeeeveryone!

tags

everyone!

Ai Yahui’s eyes widened ever so slightly as a look of faux bewilderment took over his features. Just as he’d anticipated, Alexander was quick to succumb to the primal desire of self-preservation, the man in question wasting little to no time with the load of information that fell from his lips a few moments prior. For what felt like awhile, lilac hues stared at the Venator’s form, only redirecting when Fukami’s cackling suddenly filled the arena; that of which was for a good reason, too, in Yahui’s “humble” opinion. He would have joined in if it weren’t for the fact that she engaged in a one-sided beatdown of the man, something he not-so-admittedly preferred to watch rather than take part in. That said, he kind of wished he had something to snack on while the entire thing transpired in front of him, that was for sure. And Lars tells ME to pipe down. Yeeeahh, okay.

Setting his sights to the bruised heap on the floor, his lips curled up into an amused smile. “Hehe, wo~ah… Man, he’s actually super lame, huh? I mean, I knew that already, but still, all that lead-up and everything for that to happen is soo anticlimactic. Seriously, what gives?”

The attention in the area soon shifted back to Aera’s words―more notably, when the question, “How about… one of you become the next Vorpal Gate boss?” was thrown out into the air. Interesting idea, he’d think; truth be told, when she put it that way, the Imperialist couldn’t help but compare the situation to a video game of some sort.

While Yahui took time to think about the suggestion, several of the others had already stated their piece; from how it sounded, Fukami and Narin were up for the position, but weren’t exactly enthusiastic about what it’d entail for them. Nara, on the contrary, flat out commented that he wasn’t best fit for it, combatively speaking. That would leave Beatrice, Lars, Joo Myung, or himself to really step up to the plate.

“Well, there’s no leash long enough to keep Yahui in check during such a situation, so I am afraid our beloved Imperialist shouldn’t be considered for the role, unless one of you wants to babysit him,” spoke Beatrice, in all her tired galore. As she went on to nominate Fukami and Narin, he cut his eyes at the medic with exaggerated offense.

“Uh huh, so wait, what’re you trying to say?” His question was followed by a huff, and then a short, confident laugh that seemed to come with a lightbulb that visibly went off in his head. “Y’know, I could do it without a problem. Heck, it’d probably even be suuuuper easy for someone like me, too! No one would need to “babysit” me ‘cause I’d beat them all in 2 seconds anyway.”

A period of silence took place after he spoke, his expression contorting into one of slight contemplation and hesitance.

“But, uh, actually, that’s probably why I shouldn’t be the one to go. It- it just wouldn’t be very, well, fun? if there wasn’t some kind of challenge, soo… Yeah, Fukka or Rinrin could do it. Or maybe our one and only Brutalisk ~!”

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

v. brutalisk

joo-myung.

mood

yay it's not me

arena

interactions

everyone

tags

everyone

Alexander Cameron, the world-class venator materialized before the group filled with bravado and pride. Despite everything Aera had exposed regarding Alexander's actions, given the arrogance he initially displayed there was still a slight worry that he would have posed a challenge. Though in a matter of mere minutes his attitude shifted, soon growing desperate and practically pleaded for mercy. It was a pitiful sight, though from his desperation the group found a sickening sort of glee in poking and prodding at his weakness.

Joo-myung Choi herself treated the various beratements the venator received as a sort spectacle, watching intently with a small smile etched across her lips. She had uncharacteristically little to say, given the amount of glee she could have gained from participating in the public shaming. Whatever Joo-myung could have said had already been expressed by one of her allies. So instead, the brutalisk decided to simply observe the show that laid in front of her, watching as Alexander gradually descended deeper and deeper into fear and anguish.

In particular, Yahui's various nonsensical comments seemed to amuse Joo-myung the greatest. Comments such as, "You kinda seem like the type who’d pee in other people’s showers' had a questionable effect in getting some sort of reaction from the blonde, though it did have some sort of value in providing entertainment to the rest of the group.

“I need not remind you people that allowing overconfidence to fester within you is a surefire way of ending like the accused that stands before us. Rats always fight back when cornered, and I’d rather none of you get scratched up by such insignificant vermin.”

"Mmm, you have a point," Joo-myung nodded towards the doctor, exaggerating a sort of inquisitive pose. "But when's the next chance we'll get an opportunity like this though?" She gestured towards the blonde with a smug smile. While Joo-myung had contributed little, she enjoyed the view of what happened before her too much to let it simply end.

Further, following the verbal abuse Alexander had received, Fukami stepped forth to physically punish the venator. Each punch and kick the woman threw at him returned a visceral thwack, wham, and thud. Soon, she beckoned Joo-myung herself and a couple others to join in the entertainment, though given the ferocity of her blows and the frequency of them, it was better to watch. Besides, by standing by it would have prevented the bloodying of her hands while still allowing her to enjoy the show. "Nah~. I wouldn't wanna get stuck in the crossfire of your fun. Keep going!" Joo-myung replied, gesturing her ally to continue. For the most part, Joo-myung would've handled these sorts of 'interactions', though it was refreshing in a sense to allow an ally to perform these actions instead.

"Vorpal gate...boss?" Joo-myung repeated rather slowly, pressing a finger against the corner of her lip as her eyes furrowed. Frankly, she had little interest in managing a gate, yet she needed to act as if she was. Ideally, one of her allies would step up, offering to become the boss and thankfully, Narin seemed to offer himself up. "Oh that's perfect! I think you're a perfect fit for the job," Joo-myung gleefully smiled, practically bouncing to her blonde ally's side.

♡coded by uxie♡

The pulverization of the centerpiece venator had left Aera mostly unconcerned. From the beginning of this uneventful operation to lure out a world-class venator, she had found herself rather disinterested in this whole shenanigan. How was she going to get her fix of adrenaline when only small fries like the blonde were responding to her indirect threats to the world? As the one who controls all rift activities on this plane of existence, this was an insulting performance. Not that she had expected anything from Alexander since the beginning, anyway.

"Now, now. No need to have a prolonged democratic process to vote on who gets to be one that takes the center stage. All we're doing is luring out a world-class venator that we can atomize with our fists and evoke information from." Aera stated while rubbing her head where Fukami's fist had delivered its playful wrath, "Our sole duty is to eliminate the venators and nothing more. Any step that takes us forward to that goal is one worthy of our attention."

The Adjudicator sighed afterward, "Narin will be our enticement by being the next vorpal gate boss. I shall have one prepared within the week, as long as the Goddess does not pester me for additional services. Meanwhile, during my short absence into the abyss, let's have the seven of you split into two groups and do a separate investigation on those who survived the previous vorpal gate. You know, as this venator had done us the favor of telling us - those who survived were under the Phoenix's paycheck."

The brutal beating of Alexander Cameron had left him barely conscious, but thanks to his venator energy, the wounds on his body began to regenerate. Though it would take hours for it to heal, the mental damage that he took from Fukami's fists might just have left him braindead, but it wasn't like it would matter.

Aera waved her hand forward as crimson energy engulfed her metallic hand, summoning a rift that connected the abyss to the real world. "I shall do us the favor of disposing of his body in secrecy. Fukami, do deliver a message to the Goddess that I shall be in her presence once I have fulfilled my duties for tonight. The rest of you should return to base, and figure out your next moves together. I'll join you shortly. Ciao~"

The Adjudicator, also known as the Master of the Rift. True to her name, her powers were terrifying for those who were not aware of their strength and awareness. Without consent she could suddenly expand the influence of the rift to consume its surroundings at a rapid speed, forcing all in its abrupt expansion to become a victim of the rift's ability - to teleport all matter onto a separate plane of existence.

In a matter of seconds, Aera's rift had left the seven to find themselves in the middle of an empty road, the skies dark and the refreshing breeze brushing against their hair as they felt the gift of autumn. Fortunately, they knew of this location.

Only a few blocks down and they would be at their condominium, where their Goddess would be present and waiting for the arrival of her soldiers.

Khocolatte Khocolatte Pyosimros Pyosimros poi poi Servant Servant lunar_moth lunar_moth Pepsionne Pepsionne AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

role
The Executioner
mentions
민 나라 Min, Nara
A small grunt of confusion escaped the young man's throat once Narin's weight was suddenly thrust upon him, but the sound was overshadowed by the theatrical sigh that had been exhaled from the man now practically kept upright in his arms. Nara shifted his posture once, twice, in an awkward attempt to support Narin's weight with more stability than before. The thought of simply shrugging the man off his shoulders didn't occur to Nara, nor did the invasion of his personal space seem to trigger any sort of reaction either. He simply--accepted his new role as Narin's fainting prop without so much as a furrowed brow in protest.

Nara remained silent for the remainder of the debate concerning who would serve as the next gate boss. He nodded along slowly to Beatrice's conclusion that she and himself were the most ill fit for such a position. The Doctor’s views were those he most often agreed with. They were calculated and analytical, focused on outcome rather than personal feelings. Yahui, on the other hand, seemed to act solely on feelings and impulse alone, yet Nara did not find himself disagreeing with the Imperialist this time, either. Fukami or the Brutalisk seemed the most suitable fit for this particular role. His mixed gaze flit down to Narin beside him, who was twirling a smooth strand of golden hair around his finger. Nara supposed he would suit the image needed as well, given his disposition and combat ability. Regardless, with no personal gain or conflicting interest to be had, Nara’s opinion would eventually sway in favor of the majority, no matter what that conclusion may turn out to be.

Aera cut through the group’s game of hot potato with the responsibility of the vorpal gate boss by declaring Narin would be the one to fill the role. Nara wasn’t concerned with who would ultimately bear the responsibility as the bait for their next mission, the impatience of confronting the Phoenix having much more appeal for his attention span. Cutting down the cocky warrior had his adrenaline running, but taking the time to extort information out of him first sounded just as much of a chore as the next task Aera doled out to the seven of them in the interim of her preparing the rift. Groups huh, he thought lazily, eyes roaming around his comrades' figures. He’d most likely end up tagging along with whoever dragged him along, his preference fluid in the absence of an underlying goal to attach it to. Depending on the surviving Venators they were to seek out, his personal interest may morph into the more solid goal of experiencing the satisfaction of a kill.

Aera was dismissing them before Nara knew it, their time spent with Alexander having been disappointingly shorter than he had been expecting. A disorienting twist to their reality had his muscles stiffening instinctively. Nara fought the urge to ground himself in the ever shifting and stretching fabric of reality that suddenly engulfed the seven of them. He was still unused to the Adjudicator’s powers, still unwilling to simply submit to the warp of his body and surroundings as they both became swallowed by her rift. Nara more often than not found himself on the other side of whatever location Aera would spit them out at, drenched in a cold sweat and his stomach dipped in nausea. This time was no exception.

Nara appeared on the other side of the rift in gasping breaths, his hands gripping his knees for stability while he waited for his senses to steady out once more. An idle breeze ghosted across the Executioner’s skin, bringing with it familiar smells and sounds. One subtle movement had him straightening his posture, embarrassed that he still had yet to grow accustomed to the Adjudicator’s powers. Nara’s gaze traveled down the empty road in front of them, eyes focused on a point in the darkness while he waited for the group to continue onward.
coded by natasha.

II. THE ECCLESIARCH
KIM NARIN 김나린
“So I’m the ‘enticement’ now, eh? Can’t say I’m surprised. I am quite a hit with the ladies,” Narin deadpans. He pats Nara’s cheek for emphasis. “Shame I could never return the sentiment. But, ah… what’s even more a shame, you’re going to miss out on fun group investigations with your favourite playmates! What’s our poor little Adjudicator to do, spending the week all by her lonesome in the Abyss just to open up a gate, while the rest of us get to go off gallivanting and prying the molars out of squealing witnesses— fun stuff, by the way —whilst she slaves away, day and night, ensuring only the best of work for our Goddess, proving her devo—- grrk!

The world gives a dizzying twist. Narin’s hit by a brief moment of nauseating double-vision, wherein he can’t help but feel like his eyes have been pulled out and pointed in different directions, and then it’s over; but not without a final staticky jerk before the world settles back into something solid. Narin heaves in a breath of frigid autumn air.

“I was in the middle of monologuing, you know. Abyss below, warn a guy next time.” Narin attempts to fingercomb back the strands of hair that have misplaced themselves and fallen into his face. He gives up when he just makes it worse and instead leans over to give Nara a solemn clap on the shoulder, given that they’ve remained within arms’ reach of each other.

“Oh, dear. Poor thing. If it makes you feel any better, I’m still not convinced that she isn’t just killing us each time and making clones at whatever new location we appear. Well, no time to waste, little brother. Let’s say we get a move on and choose which one or two more of the least insufferable ones to pair up with before we have to go and make ourselves presentable.” And Narin dusts himself off and strides away towards their abode.

…. Only a few paces, though, before he turns back around and begrudgingly does not make eye contact when he says,

“If you squeeze your thumb in your fist it helps with the nausea. At least, so I’ve heard.”

coded by natasha.

With the election period now being abruptly cut short due to Aera’s interference, Beatrice could at the very least say that she was satisfied with the final decision. Both Narin and Fukami were simply the safest choices for the time being, and while she still trusted the rest of the team for other particular tasks, the role of vorpal gate boss was one where even a miniscule misstep may just lead over to consequences of massive proportions. As the team’s medic and for the sake of her Goddess, Beatrice would not have been content with just about anyone else being assigned the role.

Now, the one objection that did form up inside her mind came about as a response to Aera’s plans of disposing of a certain body. Despite the fact that such vermin had been able to climb up the food chain solely through the use of his dead comrades as steps, the brief demonstration of power he displayed was enough to pique the doctor’s morbid curiosity. A closer look at the Ventor’s innerworkings would surely reveal plenty of the Goddess’ enemies, what held them together and how much it took to make them crack. The vivisection of such a subject would provide her with unparalleled intel, the likes of which she would have only dreamed of back before she was saved. Beatrice opened her mouth, ready to stake her claim over the Venator’s body, however it proved to be a futile attempt as her body was struck by the metaphorical truck that was The Adjudicator’s powers. As her jaded body was forced to deal with an experience closely akin to what every piece of clothing must feel within the confines of a washing machine, Beatrice was thankful that experience had taught her to eat lightly whenever Aera was nearby.

Once she was tossed out onto the other side of the rift, it took every single ounce of strength she had to avoid acquainting her face with the cold asphalt. Her fashion choices weren’t exactly allies to her stability either. As always, no warning had been given out. After herself and the rest of the team had gotten back their bearings, and with Narin’s suggestion, Beatrice couldn’t help but throw another comment into the ring.

“On that subject, I have recently bought some chamomile tea exactly for this sort of situation, I’ll prepare a pot once we get back.” She attempted to say with a cool demeanour, though her slightly wobbly tone of voice made it obvious Beatrice had yet to properly get off Mrs.Aera’s wild ride. With a final exhale of frustration at her missed opportunity to claim the Venator’s body, Beatrice started walking back towards the condo, her thoughts already shifting gears towards the subject that was the investigation teams.
    coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back