ZaG! Questions and Concerns. [Zoinks, A Gjaum!]

If you want to, you can use the NPCs I outlined in the other threads. Just bear in mind, they may or may not have powers or know much of what is going on.

Also, I'm reading it as "In addition to the free Concentrate and Resurrect powers you get, you get 4 powers from your Syndromes OR the Common Powers, which all are at level 1. You then get two more points to put into those, or to get more powers at level 1."

So, it seems like you get 4 powers from either/or list, and then 2 more points to put wherever. I wouldn't be averse to giving you all one simple power if it would help your mental conundrum, but I do also agree with Frixz. The game lends itself to adapting powers' fluff to the situation. I'm seriously considering adding a stunting dealie akin to what Exalted does to assist with this. Plus, I really like the stunting mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Action Replay]I will never respond negatively if someone wants to bring in the stunting mechanic to any genre.

[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely a fan of it as well.

Stunting works well in Exalted because you are counting successes, and 1 die is less than 50/50 for a success. In this game, you are going for high rolls, with exploding dice. And extra 2-3 dice could get messy fast.

My suggestion would be to give people +1 to the dice pool for a well-written action. No more for fear that you could escalate into high power too quickly. It also alleviates the need to decide how high of a power level you want to pull, since a low power can still get really good results if extra dice are added in. Part of the game is trying to balance between using you powers or giving into the virus.

I appreciate rewards for better writing and more effort, but it want to be careful about mitigating elements of the game in response.

That's a good idea, Solyflair. I was going to do something similar, but you said it more succinctly than I would.

So I've noticed bizzarely enough that the ranged attacks in angel halo for lasers all tend to use the RC skill instead of ranged. When the main attribute allocation of the syndrome goes to senses over mind. The latter of which is the attribute RC falls under. I don't mind shifting the allocation of this around, but I'm wondering if it's fine to go along with that? To make ranged attacks with no actual ranged attack skill to speak of. Seems kind of strange to me.

I think it has to do with the ability to improve your senses as well as your power to improve accuracy. You really aren't making a ranged attack, simply extending your senses out to the target of the attack. Or something like that.

Sometimes, a system like this needs to be abstracted to a certain point. If you have no ranged attack skill, you will need your powers for everything. Which means that you will go insane faster. Or, if you get into a fight where using your powers would be overkill, you will have to rely on luck.

Yeah, Angel Halo, and to an extent, Salamandra have to deal with that problem of deciding to specialize with powers or weapons. That being said, Angel Halo DOES allow you to make a gun of solid light that exists for a scene, so you wouldn't be entirely unarmed if you went with powers over skill.

I also saw what everyone put up for their characters. Looking pretty good.

I'm interested in the line up we'll end up with. A chimera, an exile, an orcus, a ah/b crossbreed...and whatever Aizo comes up with when we hear from them. Not a single Y chromosome between the lot. So far it seems to be a very scary interesting arrangement.

When we roll, is it just the skill that's rolled or the attribute+skill? If it's skill only I'm unsure of what the need is for high attributes beyond calculated things like hp. Unless the ST decides you need an attribute check or your body must be at least this ready for the thunder dome.

You roll the relevant attribute, and then add the skill to the rolled number, if the skill is applicable.

So, for instance, if Akane was going to ride a bike and pull off a sweet wheelie, and she had 3 in body and 1 in ride, she'd roll 3 dice and then add 1 to the result. Depending on Akane's Encroach rate, she could roll even more dice, with higher being better in this regard.

Also, about your comments about the gender ratio in our PCs, technically Vassilia being a Exile makes her a "Whatever" as she can switch at will, or even be both at once.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me Dietaku! Really helps me out filling in the last of the mechanics crunch so I can get to writing delicious fluff.

Huh. Interesting to know they can shift at the genetic level. I figured Vassilia could be whatever *gender Frixz felt like at the moment (or thought was the most funny). Decided to just stick with whatever gender the character was at the time being. Since unless it changed when I last looked both aliases and pictures were female.

*Disclaimer that whatever gender ratio or lack of one is present in campaign that is perfectly fine. It was a joke and I wish to prevent any sudden influx of debate on the subject. The main point was that I really like the cast so far. Not implying there will be a debate, but paranoia from past harmless comments have taught me better to be safe than sorry.

I will be incredibly upset if Vasilisa never brings a bomb somewhere inside of an adorable lunch box.

Very upset.

Not a lunchbox if she intends to go to school. Not regularly anyways. You usually have to open those visibly after all. Even the false bottom trick isn't a sure bet when you're in a crowd of energetic kids who bump into you. For the job however...just don't let her find out where you sleep at night.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me Dietaku! Really helps me out filling in the last of the mechanics crunch so I can get to writing delicious fluff.
Huh. Interesting to know they can shift at the genetic level. I figured Vassilia could be whatever *gender Frixz felt like at the moment (or thought was the most funny). Decided to just stick with whatever gender the character was at the time being. Since unless it changed when I last looked both aliases and pictures were female.

*Disclaimer that whatever gender ratio or lack of one is present in campaign that is perfectly fine. It was a joke and I wish to prevent any sudden influx of debate on the subject. The main point was that I really like the cast so far. Not implying there will be a debate, but paranoia from past harmless comments have taught me better to be safe than sorry.

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad that helped, and I figured it was a joke, which is why I said what I did. It kinda stems back to my group and their stance on Lunar Exalted.

"Okay. We have three girls and three boys? Okay, cool."

Wait, no, Shining Flute is a Changing Moon, so she wouldn't be a girl. She's a Lunar."

"Wait, Lunar is a sex unto itself now?"

"It makes sense now that I think about it."

"Freakin' Lunars."

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Not a lunchbox if she intends to go to school. Not regularly anyways. You usually have to open those visibly after all. Even the false bottom trick isn't a sure bet when you're in a crowd of energetic kids who bump into you. For the job however...just don't let her find out where you sleep at night.

[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to imagine how the false bottom trick would even work with an explosive of any size in a normal bento box, and the only thing I can think of is if they finally got flat-bombs down.

Dietaku said:
I think Exile is great, and if you can get over the fact that you're basically playing the Thing, Alex Mercer, or BoBoBo, then you can't go wrong with it.
*internal spasms, character design shift detected*

Although upon settling down and reading the powers...they're pretty darn open to interpretation *nodnod*

I completely agree, Alice. The powers can be interpreted in a number of ways. Also, I hope I didn't turn you off of Exile. It really is a great Syndrome. Sadly, your reaction isn't uncommon, from what I've seen.

Also, I added a thread for NPCs for your perusal

DeusExAlice said:
Although upon settling down and reading the powers...they're pretty darn open to interpretation *nodnod*
Yar. One of the good things about the powers listed is they are open ended enough that you can find or twist them to your own uses. Which is why I'm happy we have a stunting mechanic, simply on the basis it lets us make use of the environment and make creative uses of the powers we do have.

I regret the limitations of the like button when I see Dietaku making more detailed fluff threads because I can only like a post one time.

Ohnononono Dietaku, it was massively the opposite. It was why I chose Chimera originally, I figured I'd get closer to the vein of body horror with it since I took "Luffy" wayyyy too broadly for Exile. I was like "Well, that's cool, but...moar gribbly."

So when you mentioned that I was conflicted over Purebreed Chimera or Crossbreed Chimera/Exile. However! The openess of the powers I'll stick with Chimera =D

edit: rollan' for fun

[dice]6410[/dice]

[dice]6411[/dice]

[dice]6412[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back