• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising

The words written Italics means he's having a monologue with himself. The words written in bold is him talking out loud. Maybe i should stop writing his thoughts. Sorry for the confusion... Ammokkx Ammokkx

The words written Italics means he's having a monologue with himself. The words written in bold is him talking out loud. Maybe i should stop writing his thoughts. Sorry for the confusion... Ammokkx Ammokkx
No, I figured it was thoughts, but your wording around it confused me.

"Again. A habit of talking to himself. "

that implies to me he said it out loud, not thinking. But then I got further confused because you put it in italics, which people use for thoughts.

Also a note: "Death" is a thing in the OCG, and it's always translated as either 'Doom' or 'Des' depending on the OCG spelling. TCG would never put the word 'Death' in their card lore. Similarly, 'Hell' is also always localized as something different. Example: Stygian.

It's why I made Antitopian's effect be called 'Dark-Wing Pressure' instead of 'Moon Pressure' because while the OCG calls Utopia's effect 'Moon Barrier', the TCG calls it 'Light-Wing Shield'.

I know this is ironic coming for me since I spent two pages ragging on Antitopian's localization, but consistency is important. Especially when cards are treated as other names for... no real reason.

Just call the cards in the archetype 'Infernal Doom/Infernal Des' and things will be a lot easier. It incorporates both a translation for 'Death' and 'Infernal' refers to the 'Hell' portion of some of the cards.

EDIT; So in my proposed re-name, it'd look something like:

Infernal Doom Hound

Infernal Doom Lancer / Infernal Doom Dragon / Infernal Doom Dragon Lancer

Infernal Doom Storm

Infernal Doom Saber

Infernal Doom Wall

Infernal Doom Dragon Cards (would personally call it something like Awakening of the Infernal Doom Dragon or Infernal Doom Awakening)
I agree in the Japanese version they use death. For example, spirit board or Destiny board (can't remember exact name.) spells out death, otherwise it spells out final. (mine spells FAIL because I still need one more peace.)

No, I figured it was thoughts, but your wording around it confused me.

"Again. A habit of talking to himself. "

that implies to me he said it out loud, not thinking. But then I got further confused because you put it in italics, which people use for thoughts.
Yeah, i'm sorry. I wasn't at my best while i was making the post. I promise to not confuse you next time. I feel so guilty to myself...

skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Hey, I know you're excited to continue where you left off, but could you maybe give Sayaka a little rest? Their previous interaction (aka the duel) was wrapped up pretty nicely, and shoehorning in another character moment right after seems a bit overboard. Give her some time to interact with other characters and then have Tetram conclude his business with her at a later date, this will make it feel much more organic and natural.

That, and I'm pretty sure Sayaka would freak out if she saw the guy who was knocked out pretty brutally running about as if he never had anything wrong with him to begin with.

Besides that, it seems a little rude to me to butt in to Hiro's interaction with her without giving Vagabond Spectre a chance to reply to the thread. You did, after all, post thrice since his last one.

EDIT: Thank you!

Last edited:
The staff have locked this thread to cease this argument and will be reaching out to the GM. We apologize to those other members for this interference, but was the quickest action to take to stop arguments.

Krashkube Krashkube Your thread has been cleaned up and unlocked, replies may continue here.

I was gonna make that joke

but yeah, Ammokkx Ammokkx Gravitational Force Gravitational Force you guys are both walking a very thin line because of that argument, don't pull anything like that next time

A smart person would not reply to this, and a smart person I am not.

Basically, if there's an inconsistency IC, I'm still going to point it out. If someone decides to challenge me on that, that's their perogative. I'll try not to get as wound up as I did, but I do stand everything that was said in that entire exchange.

That's the last I'll say on it, though.

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, but I'm quite unsure what to do. I'd personally want to round off the interaction with Hiro, fade to black and have the next time I write for Sayaka be at some point in the future, but without knowing when a GM post is coming I can't quite do that. I've been sandbox-ing it to the best of my abilities for now, but I feel the relevant parts of her day have already passed (Dueling Tetram, meeting Hiro).

I don't want to force anything, so I wonder what everyone else is planning to do for this in-RP day before I make any decisions.

Last edited:
I'm probably just gonna have Haruko find a place to stay whether its from my own post or with the help of another oc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back