• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising IC

Tetram hummed happily to himself as he approached the alley he and Sayaka had dueled in. His deck was missing a card or two and he thought maybe he lost the back there. "hello stranger in my alley!" He greeted cheerfully. "wait a minute..." He paused, slightly confused. "stranger in my alley?"

Osamaru

He stood in the graveyard looking down at a tombstone. He rembered his brother lance who is now buried under cold ground. Osamaru spoke out loud as if he was talking to lance "That man that killed you,He is dead lance. I killed him but i miss you so much. You know I lead a gang now . If only you were here and not under thier cold and gone. I wish I had not been so weak. I am not weak now i got a deck lance. It is called death brothers and i will become strong." Osamaru looked around and walked out of the grave yard. He then ran into an apartment building across form the graveyard. He pulled out his cards from the velvet box and counted them. He placed them carefuly back in. He owned this apartment building and the graveyard across ever since he became a gang leader and lance died.

Entima walked through the city as normal, though something was off. 'Man I haven't dueled in weeks!' She thought to herself. This was true, as she had last dueled exactly 6 weeks ago, though Entima hadn't really noticed because of how fun it was to boss around gang grunts, (with the only things they refused to do being dueling.) Any of the ones she could find would obey her, although she hadn't tested this out on any gangsters higher than the lower middle ranks, as they hid their membership too well. At the moment, she was searching for one of her grunt "friends" to go do something with, the something she'd figure out later. She hadn't been paying attention to where she was going and wandered into a place she'd been warned about.
'My friends told me not to go near here. Apparently some of the stronger gang members dwell around here and a few own property here. Don't know why they'd need a cemetery though.' She thought to her self as she instinctively walked into a nearby card shop.
"You got any Synchro monsters?" She asked the shop worker.
"I don't know, take a look around that section, the extra deck cards are there." He said as he pointed to a spot in the back, with Entima almost immediately going where he pointed as if his finger had a cat laser coming from it, and started scanning the shelves for something that'd work in her deck.

Osamaru

After he checked that his building was fine. All of his renter had payed thier dues. He walked out an locked the main door. He looked up at the graveyard before looking away and spoting a girl wondering into a card shop acoss the street. Osamaru darted across the street and into the card shop. He yelled out to her " what are you doing here in this part of town. You should know that this area is bad."

Entima had seen a card that looked good when he heard someone yell a warning at her. Startled, she turned her head over her shoulder to look where the words had come from, only to see a teenager her age instead of the type of person she expected that from. 'What? Who's he? What right does he have to be shouting at me?' She thought to herself as she got a little angry due to the first average person she'd seen here raise his voice at her.
"Wouldn't still be here if it wasn't." She replied, the small bit of anger showing through her face, only to be replaced by a smile of pride that was brought on by her remark. 'Nice one.' She thought to herself. She'd pat herself on the back if she didn't have one of her arms resting on the Extra deck shelf to let her lean inwards and the other motioning to grab the card she spotted, turning her attention over from Osamaru to it. "It special summons all monsters used for it's synchro summon? This will do nicely." She whispered to herself as she walked over to the cashier, before remembering that it had a price.
"Damn." She said to herself as she continued walking to the cashier. "Can you put this item on hold for me?" she asked him as he looked at Osamaru, then back at her. "Sure" he said as he took the card from her and then put it in a box under the cash register. Entima began walking to the exit, but paused and looked back at Osamaru and started staring at him. 'Something seems a bit off about him... Why'd he be here if it's such a "Bad place"?' She thought to herself before deciding to ask the teen a question.
"How's the rent in the apartment building a few blocks away?" She asked. "Must be pretty cheap if this is such a 'bad place' that a decent duelist like me should've hightailed it outta here by now."

The words in ' ' and light pink are Entima's thoughts.
Entima says the words in " " and normal pink out loud.

Oamaru

He looked at the girl and said " so you want to know how much I charge for rent hmm. Well to let you know I own that building and the graveyard also do you really want that card. I will pay for it but i want to duel in the graveyard. I want to practice with my new deck. I only ask we don't bet cards. You see i dont care to bet. " After saying this he put his hands in his pockets to wait for her to anser.

"Hmhm, where to look..." Sayaka mumbled to herself as she dragged Hiro along behind her, further into the big city. She wasn't paying much attention to the boy, scanning buildings left and right to find something for him. It wasn't until she heard him mumble something behind her that she turned around.

"Hm?" she replied as she turned her head, paying attention when Hiro asked his question. Immediately, Sayaka's face turned a crimson red as she let go of HIro's hands, frantically waving her own in front of her.

"Nononono, you don't ask a lady that!! Ohmygoshthatssoembarrassing..."

The girl continued to be flustered for a little while until she heard a car pull up in the street next to the duo, turning to look in a slight daze. When she saw a man in a suit get out of the black car, Sayaka's face sank.

"Lady Gyaku, your parents are worried about you."

With a sigh, Sayaka took a step back from Hiro and gave him a sullen smile. She scratched her cheek with her index finger, her voice low as she spoke.

"Ahaha... well, looks like I have to go home now. I'm sorry, Hiro... b-but don't worry! I'm sure we'll see each other around, right?" She tried reassuring the boy, following her family's driver into the car. As the window closed on her, she tried to wave Hiro goodbye before leaving entirely.

Weekend sprung the next day for Sayaka and the first thing she'd done in the morning was sneak out. She didn't want to be cooped up inside all day, so after eating breakfast she'd grabbed her Duel Disk and ran off outside. She was wearing a casual dress because the weather was good, idly pacing through the city to see if she couldn't find anything to do. She still had to give Taka's card back, but Sayaka figured she wasn't going to see him until the next day she was in school.

Sayaka's idle walk eventually lead her down the same path as she went yesterday, albeit unwittingly. She once again found herself in the more urban areas of town again, admiring the older architecture of he houses around her. Something in the corner of the girl's eye caught her attention, however. She spied the person from yesterday talking to a really scary-looking guy. Sayaka's mood took a sharp turn downwards. She mistook the situation as some kind of gang meeting, thinking back to the robberies that were happening all around town.

Sayaka took a step back from where she was, hoping the duo hadn't noticed her yet. She turned on her heel and was intent on booking it out of there, but was caught off-guard by the face she saw once she did.

"W-Wait, you're...!"

Hiro was silent throughout the whole walk. Letting Sayaka do all walking and searching. Before that he felt really ashamed to ask his very dumb question. "Oh! I-uhh! Ummm sorry!" He quickly stuttered out. Although It quickly faded when a black well polished car stopped to them and a man in a nice suit spoke to Sayaka. Hiro assumed this man is Sayaka's servant. Feeling real awkward at the situation. He stood frozen like a totem pole. He came back to his senses when Sayaka turned to him. "Y-yeah." He replied nervously while scratching his back of his head. He gave a small wave in return just as when Sayaka was about to leave.

The car left him alone in the dust. He fell onto his knees, clenched his fists upwards and yelled to the sky. "ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY WAS SAY "NO!!!" YOU IDIOT!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. he stood up and took a quick breath, calming himself down. He saw a empty soda can next to him. He also spotted a trash bin close by. He kicked the soda can hard towards the bin in one kick. Instead of a clean shot. The bin deflected the can and bounced back to Hiro's forehead. Hiro flinched a little. Turning his head slightly due to the flinch. "What's wrong with me today?" He said to himself with a sigh. He found what he was looking for.He found an inn. Thanks to his stupidity he found what he was looking for. He decided to call it a day.

*Next day...

Hiro decided to wake up early and complete his walk that was cut-off because of Sayaka. He already paid last night, so he can leave freely now. As he walked out of the inn. He remembered what happened yesterday. A new feeling ignited inside him that day. "What was that feeling? It only triggered when i got close to Sayaka..." His legs was auto-piloting him even though his mind is in deep thought. For some reason everything around seems nothing to him. His daily dose of mockery was ignored byu him as he was in deep thought. The ones who were making fun of him like the local street duelist just kept mocking in a daily basis but this time he didn't care.

He finally arrived at the same old way where the Alley was. His deep thinking was cut off when a coincidence happened. He squinted his eyes to see if his eyes are not playing with him. "Sayaka?" He said silently. There was no mistaking it. It is Sayaka. He assumed she was spying. So he quietly approached her, out of curiosity. "S-sayaka? What are y-you doing here?" Hiro asked in a low tone. Hiro got a glimpse of what she was spying at. He took a deep breath and asked further. "W-who are t-those guys? I-i don't we should b-be here." He said with a worried tone.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

Rare Hunters
---------
The goon scoffed at Tetram. "Please. You're the stranger around here, considering this is the Ghost Rare Hunters' turf." He pushed him aside before walking over to Sayaka and Hiro, and picked Sayaka up by the collar of her shirt. "Now, I know what you got, so hand over that Number card!" He yelled, trying to grab Sayaka's Duel Disk and pull it off her arm. The number
"73" was shining on his forehead.

"A-Ah, I..."

Yes, what was she doing here? Sayaka could hardly admit the truth of her just randomly having stumbled back here again. Then again, the situation was bad as it was... she had been spying on the person from yesterday by accident and Hiro's commotion seemed to have drawn their attention. The sloppily dressed man had, after all, stumbled over, much to Sayaka's dismay. He gestured to the goon, asking her who he was, with the girl shaking her head. Said goon had also already started pacing towards the trio.

"I-I don't know who he is! I'm just as confused as- Ngh?!"

As sudden as he arrived, the goon had picked up Sayaka by the collar of her shirt. She grunted and closed one eye from being lifted so easily, feebly struggling under the man's grip.

"N-Numbers? What are you..."

Sayaka tried to get a good look at the man, seeing the now-glowing '73' on their forehead. Thinking back to the day before, everything all clicked together for the girl. A similar glow started to shine from inside of her Duel Disk, with Antitopian calling out to the monster dwelling in the man's deck.

"N-No! I... don't want to...!"

"you leave that crab alone you big bully!" Tetram shouted. He was not about to let this goon hurt tho poor innocent child! He dashed towards the goon and tackled him. "take that!" He then looked at sayaka. "run crab! I got him!"

Hiro's reaction time was too slow that he hardly caught up to the situation he putted Sayaka in. He watched in horror as the mysterious figure with a very noticeable number 73 glowing on top of their forehead grabbed his new friend. His face was terrified as if he was witnessing a violent murder. At this moment his mind was in constant panic. Normally, he would run away from this situation and pretended that this all never happened. Instead of doing so, he decided not to do it this time. Something awakened inside of Hiro. It feels... Noble and heroic. He thought that this was all his fault for putting Sayaka in danger.

His facial expression shifted, drastically. He clenched both of his fists and put on his tough face on against the goon. "Hey! leave her alone! Let's settle this like men!" For the first time ever. He managed to talk straight in public without a single stutter. Although, he really sounded very intimidating. A single drop of sweat came down pouring on his right side of his face. Showing a hint of nervousness.

Ammokkx Ammokkx Krashkube Krashkube skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai

Rare Hunters
-------------------
The goon was unfazed by Tetram's tackle and threw him to the ground. He was about to resume the looting of Sayaka's number when he heard the boy with her suddenly speak up.
"Hey! leave her alone! Let's settle this like men!" The boy said, to which the goon laughed.

"Oh, so you wanna settle this like men, eh? I'm warning you, kid, I used to be a pro back in the day. And when I win, i'll take both this chick's Number and all of your other rare cards!" He laughed, glaring at Tetram briefly before looking at Hiro again and activating his Duel Disk. "So, if you really want to take me on...come at me, kid!"

"Kyah!"

Sayaka flinched as the goon dropped her, with Hiro having stepped up to help her out. Sayaka winced in pain and glanced at Hiro, seeing as the boy stood up for her. He's just met her, and yet...

"No... If you want it, I won't give it up without a fight!" Sayaka shouted up at the goon, jumping up from her seated position and running over next to Hiro. She briefly looked at him, tried giving him a reassuring smile and took her duel disk out of the bag flung over her waist.

"I won't just let you take our cards...! No matter what, we'll beat you together!" Sayaka confidently declared. She pulled back her arm and threw both her Duel Disk and D-Gazer up into the air, thrusting her left arm up to catch both.

"Duel Disk: Set! D-Gazer: Set!"

As the disk caught on her arm it started to unfold, with Sayaka catching the D-Gazer just a little later as it came down. The pink glass from the D-Gazer slid over her eye, glowing briefly to confirm her link to AR vision.

"If Hiro's going to protect me... I'll also protect him!"

Last edited:
Hiro kept his tough face but one can notice it is starting to crumble, bit by bit. He is showing nervousness over the deal. "D-deal!" He replied back to man. He knows he, himself is going down and will eventually get defeated by this goon. He was more than ready to face his humiliation. All that changed when Sayaka made her move.

Hiro was stunned as he watched Sayaka moved to his side with haste. He almost teared up when she also stood up to him. He never felt something like this before. Courage burned through his heart like wildfire for a moment. "S-sayaka..." He can't seem to speak further when Sayaka prepared her duel disk at the most glorious transformation. He didn't say anything further. It seems like it's set now. "Alright. It's time to d-duel!!!" Hiro boosted his own confidence by yelling at the top of his lungs.
Hiro raised his arm along with his old fashioned Duel disk up high. The duel disk folded rather fast. He inserted his deck after. Little did Sayaka know what Deck Hiro holds, for he inserted his deck into duel disk, swiftly. The LP appeared in his duel disk. His stance was more firm than any stance he did in his entire dueling life. He is... Acting differently now. There was still sweat in the side of his face but it's not alot.

Ammokkx Ammokkx Krashkube Krashkube skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai

Tetram watched things escalate as Hiro and Sayaka were about to engage the goon. "um. You can do it crabs...yay." He tried to give them some support but it sounded weak to him. "aw well. I tried." Knowing it probably wasn't much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back