• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh - Numbers Rising IC

Krashkube

Fun Verboten at all Times
OOC chat
Character Sheets
------
Siren City was a great place - it had everything anyone could want, whether it be a nice relaxing walk on the beach, or an exciting match between some of the world's top Duelists. However, two months ago in what came to be known as the Numbers Incident, mysterious cards known as "Numbers" began appearing all over the world, with most landing in Siren City. These Numbers even landed up in certain duelists' decks right from the start, including the two finalists of a large tournament held around the time of the incident.

Ever since then, Siren City has been flooded with tourists, all hoping to find a Number and strike it rich, to Duel with one of the Number holders, or simply to take in the sights like any other normal person would do; however, rumors have been spreading about a secret society looking to take these Numbers. In addition, the company known as Lanius Labs had recently released a statement last week, stating their intent to mass-produce the Numbers, while criminal activity against members of Lanius Labs has increased since then, although it is currently unknown whether it's due to backlash against mass-producing Numbers or not.

Tremont battled with a confident teen with his experimental spam deck, little did the teen know about the dark secret hidden in Tremont's current hand, he drew the last card he needed two turns ago but decided to draw the battle out. He had 200 life points left and pulled his trick. "I summon the left arm of the forbidden one, the right arm of the forbidden one, the left leg of the forbidden one, the right leg of the forbidden one, and exdia the forbidden one! Your cooked now crab....EXODIA!!! OBLITERATE!!!" The teen recoiled in horror as his precious life points were wiped from existance and fainted, his deck spilling across the ground. "ooh, shiny!" Tremont picked up a card from the scattered deck, a time wizard, sure it wasn't that strong in attack...but it's effect was devastating if you were lucky. "goodbye crab!" Tremont walked away with his new prize in hand.

"Card store broken into, shop owner is missing."

So read the morning news' headlines as Sayaka scrolled through them on her phone, which was little more than a screen of solid light projected from a small, rectangular device. She was taking the monorail back from school, the city landscape whooshing by her in a flash. Sayaka raised her head from her screen and looked outside wistfully.

"Again, huh...? Why do these kinds of incidents keep happening?"

The girl let out a sigh as she muttered to herself, clicking off the solid light projection and pocketing her device. Sayaka turned to her Duel Disk instead, lazily looking down at the compact device. She'd had a quick duel with one of her classmates before running off to catch her ride and hadn't had the time to take it off yet. The girl clicked open a compartment in the disk, taking out the only physical card inside; her Number 98. Sayaka still wasn't sure where it came from, but every time she looked at it it felt like several bars of lead dropped into her stomach. The card's very aura is oppressive, but the girl couldn't bring herself to throw it away despite all that.

Sayaka was snapped out of her thoughts as the 'Ding!' of the monorail alerted her that she was at her destination. She quickly scrambled to put the card back where it belonged, grab her bag and rush out the door before it closed. The girl stepped out onto the station plaza, taking in the futuristic sights of the city once more. Bright colors adorned the sleek and rounded architecture of the buildings all around as people walked around with their phones in hand, busily typing and swiping away. The girl joined the busy crowd scrambling to get to their destinations, watching electrical motorbikes and cars race by on the nearby roads.

Siren City was really beautiful.

Sayaka still wasn't used to the new location, having only been in town for a month. Her parents practically forced her to move here after her Numbers incident, closer to Lanius Labs' main base of operations. While the girl was sure somebody could be following her due to that, it didn't bother her too much. She wanted to explore town a bit more, as she had some time to kill before going home.

As she was walking about, the girl stumbled into the city square and saw a small crowd gathered around something. Sayaka got curious and decided to investigate, finding it to be a boy called Taka from her class. She could recognize him because of his spiky black hair and freckled nose, scooping up his cards from the floor and scowling to himself.

"Taka? What happened here?" Sayaka walked up and asked, with the boy glaring at her.

"It's none of your business," Taka growled back, continuing to pick up the rest of his cards.

"Let me help," Sayaka offered and reached out her hand. Taka just swatted it away in response.

"The boy had one of his cards stolen," a man chimed in from behind Sayaka. She turned to face the man, hearing a "Shut up!" coming from Taka behind her. The man was tall and dressed like a businessman, with short golden hair and some black-rimmed glasses over his emerald eyes.

"Wouldn't it be pretty hard to steal in broad daylight?" Sayaka asked, reminded of the article of what happened last night.

"Well, I only saw the end of it, but a green-haired man had beaten the boy and snatched one of his cards before running off. Nobody chased after to stop him, I'm afraid."

Sayaka was horrified. Taka could be a bit of a brat, but he didn't deserve to have his card stolen!

"Which way did he go?" the girl asked, concerned. The man simply raised his shoulders.

"I'm afraid I rushed to the boy's aid and didn't see it, but as you can see he isn't accepting any help from anyone."

"That way," Sayaka heard Taka speak in response, turning back and watching him point down further into the city.

"If you want to chase after that crazy bum, be my guest. You wouldn't beat him, anyway."

Sayaka pouted and stomped on the floor.

"Oh yeah? And why not, huh?" she angrily spat back at him, with the boy turning his head again.

"You just wouldn't."

"Shows what you know! I'll prove I can beat him by getting your card back!" she shouted at Taka, running off in the direction he was pointing. She was going to beat this green-haired 'bum', whether Taka liked it or not!

Tetram hid in a dark alley examining the time wizard he got. "shiny, shiny, shiny!" he called out to himself. "so what if everyone thinks your trash! they abuse you! you'll be safer with me! hehehehe!" he ranted to himself. "you'll make a great addition to my deck!" Tetram soon heard the clapping of shoes against concrete and sighed to himself before preparing to duel. he wasn't going to let some kid get in the way of his prize.

As Colin took another sip from his wine, he couldn't help it but think about the city he stared at. In truth, the sole reason why he was in the city was because of these numbers, he wouldn't be in this forsaken city otherwise. "This city is corrupt," he thought to himself as he stared from his balcony up high on Liberty Tower, the building he bought as an HQ under the disguse as a loan firm "Corrupt beyond redemption. The government doesn't try to bring some semblance of order to the streets and everyone wants to rip each other's throats apart,". He wondered how a city such as this hadn't gone into full anarchy yet, but, he didn't care, as it served him well

As he thought to himself, he begin to wonder about the Number cards. They were powerful things, cards that were more powerful than any card ever made in the history of the game. He was still suprised how he and Lara found their Number cards one morning, and so Colin had a deck made specifically for his Number card, Utopia. And then there was the problem with Lanimus Labs. A burning hatred seared through him as he thought about them. How could people be so foolish and try to mass produce these things, knowing that mass producing the Number cards could make things worse. He saw a world where everyone had a Number card and consumed by greed, they would rip each other apart for them. He would not, no, could not allow that to pass

However, the hatred in his heart simmered down when he thought of Lara. His Lara, the Lara he fell in love with. Once the Numbers were collected and contained, he wanted to run someplace far, far away with her. Settle down on a tropical island somewhere and lounge in the sun, now knowing that the world was safe as they rested. He soon took out his phone and texted Lara saying "Honey, could you come up for a sec to our bedroom?". He then sent to her, hoping she would respond
Krashkube Krashkube

Marcus Grey
"...Look, can we, uh, hurry this up? I've got other things to be doing, ya' know, and this is getting kinda embarassing." Marcus asked, scratching the back of his head as his opponent desperately tried to come up with a strategy to get over Marcus' ridiculous assortment of monsters. A Cyber Dragon Infinity, two Deskbot 001s, a Vermillion Dragon Mech, and a Deskbot 002, not exactly a combination that can be overcome easily. "I activate Raigek-" "I activate Cyber Dragon Infinity's effect, negating your Raigeki." Marcus sighed, leaning back against the wall, waiting for his opponent to give up. "I activate Allure of Darkness!" His opponent drew two cards and... ended up discarding his entire hand. "Look, just forfeit already pal, you're not coming back from this. As soon as you end your turn I'm going to straight up demolish the rest of your life points." "Hmmph, fine... I surrender the duel." "Thanks, oh, and uh, next time you decide to just barge into someone's house and challenge them to a duel just because they already beat you once in a tournament. it'd probably be a good idea to bring a deck that counters theirs. Get the hell out of my house." Marcus' opponent stormed out of Marcus' house, grumbling to himself.

"...Probably should lock the door before I take a nap next time... What kinda person just barges into someone else's house while they're sleeping and challenges them to a duel?... Seriously..." Marcus mutters to himself, shaking his head slightly. "Well, looks like I'm gonna be up for a while... Let's see what's on the news." Marcus turned on the TV and switched it on to a local news channel only to see... "...Are you kidding me? That was my favorite card store! They're one of the few places I could find that always had the cards I was looking for in stock... Tsk, now I've got to find a new card store to frequent..." Marcus stood up and quickly stretched. "May as well get it done now so I can take another nap without having to wake up and do it later. Not like I've got much else to do today. Plus there are a few cards I needed to buy..." Marcus shut off the TV and grabbed a pair of sunglasses, leaving the house and just wandering around looking for card stores near his house.

Nick Harlo
"I'm afraid that's game my friend! Odd-Eyes Revolution Dragon, attack him directly!" Nick's voice played through the speakers of his laptop. "I'm afraid that's game my friend? Was that seriously the best I could come up with? I've got to come up with some sort of pun or catchphrase or something for attacking for game with Odd-Eyes Revolution Dragon, saying something that boring isn't likely to get the crowd excited...although it worked that time for some reason... Get ready for a revolution!... No, no, that doesn't work... gah, you'd think I'd already have something for this." Nick muttered to himself, tapping his pen against his desk as he watched a replay of a duel from last week. "...Ugh, I'll think of something later, let's see I've got on my plate today... Autograph session at 10pm... and that's it? Huh. Weird..." Nick stared up at his ceiling for a moment. "Maybe if I go out and find someone to duel I'll come up with something. 'course I'd have to go out incognito if I don't want to get swarmed."

After changing into a plain white t-shirt and putting on some sunglasses and a baseball cap he was on his way. "Let's see... nearest card store is... alright. I'll probably be able to find someone to duel there. Bit of a long walk though..."

Siren city... A place where almost anyone can enjoy, almost. Hiro is one of these unhappy individuals. A blonde sad sack who has lost his confidence as a duelist. With his popular non stop losing streaks and his ridiculously outrageous signature toon deck made him a popular target among common duelists. Hiro walked down siren city's streets with a miserable face. His walking stance was slouched, his head looking down, and his duel disk latched to his right arm.

The boy was silent throughout his entire walk. Where he is going is a mystery. As he walked further he was called by a local who has beaten him. It was a boy with a bunch of boys behind him. Looks like he's the leader. The gang mocked him and called him names. "Loser!" his most signature name. The boys just passed him. They were like high schooler age. Hiro just accepted it. He was used to daily verbal abuse. It was nothing to him.

Sayaka kept running away from Taka for a while, into the lesser visited parts of the city. Clean and modern buildings slowly morphed into older architecture with graffiti adorning the walls until the girl found herself completely in the slums. She was pretty far away from the square and station by this point, still not a step closer to finding the culprit. She took a break by leaning against a nearby wall, breathing heavily from all the exercise she just did. A small bead of sweat ran down from hear head as she looked around in the area.

"*huff* *huff* G-great... I'm lost now."

Sayaka hadn't gotten completely used to the city yet and bit her lip as she came to that conclusion. She should have probably just called the police and let them handle the situation, but her bravado got the best of her. The girl wanted nothing more than to turn around and run back, but she couldn't return after making such a scene with Taka. Besides, stealing cards was just wrong! No matter who it is, she wasn't going to let them get away with it. The girl kicked herself off the wall and continued further down the street, looking around and listening for any kind of clue.

"...shiny!"

The girl flinched when she heard another voice nearby, whipping around her head to look around.

"So what... trash! ...abuse you!"

Sayaka could barely make out the words spoken by the voice, but couldn't really put anything coherent together from it. She decided to follow where it came from, her eyes falling on a nearby alley. As she walked closer, the voice became louder and clearer, meaning whoever was saying these things had decided to hide there. The girl hesitated for a moment, fully aware that she may be getting herself in danger. She decided to buckle up and investigate nonetheless however, entering the alleyway in stride and spotting a green-haired man. They wore a chocolaty brown cape over their purple shirt with earthy brown sleeves, giving them a ragged look. Not only that, but they were slotting a card into their deck and readying their Duel Disk.

That must have been the green-haired bum, Sayaka figured.

"H-Hey!" she shouted, freezing up for a moment and swallowing her saliva.

"S-Stealing cards is wrong! Taka's really upset because of you!" she continued, eyes darting side-to-side. The other man looked really dangerous and Sayaka was beginning to second guess herself again.

"G-Give it back a-and I, uh... I won't have to teach you a lesson!" the girl blurted out. In a panic she declared her intent to do battle, but quickly realized that this wasn't at all what she meant. She should have threatened to report him to the authorities, but a lump in her throat made her freeze in place and unable to take back what she just said.

skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai

Tetram smiled a large grin. "and why should I? I saw that dumb kid abusing the card! Didn't realize its strength! So I told him I'd battle for it, and he agreed." He slowly began to walk forward. "now beat it crab! Before I destroy you and take one of your precious cards." He snarled. He didn't like to fight kids, he thought they were a waste of time. But if this puny kid wanted a fight......they would get one!

Sayaka stepped back as Tetram walked towards her, reeling from the scary look on his face. She wanted nothing more than to turn tail and run back out of the alley, forget any of this ever happened and go home, but… this man was unforgivable! Stealing cards from someone and then claiming the original owner was misusing them… from Taka, who just might be stubborn and rude, but would never hurt a fly…!

“N-No! I’m not going to beat it! And if you want me to bet one of my cards, I’ll-!”

Sayaka cut herself off as she spoke, looking down at the Duel Disk on her arm. She wanted to boast about betting one of her own cards, but all of them were digital. The man opposite to her had an older model and clearly still used physical cards, meaning she had nothing to give him. Well, she had one thing, but...

"I'll..."

This wasn’t the time to hesitate! Sayaka clicked open a compartment in her Duel Disk and pulled out a single card from it, attempting to hold it out confidently in front of her with its face turned to Tetram.

“I’ll bet my Number 98: Antitopian!”

Tetram grinned and inserted his deck into his duel disk. “Ooh, shiny!” He didn’t know what this card was, but that was the joy of gambling. “Deal. If you win, you take back Time Wizard, but If I win... I get to keep Time Wizard and this new card!” He said excitedly.

Sayaka used her right to reach into her pocket, pulling out a small wing-shaped device.

“That’s fine by me! D-Gazer, Set!”

The girl placed the metal device around her ear, making a pink visor drop down and cover her left eye. She then slid her Number card back into the free slot of her Duel Disk, making the pink orb close it and causing the rest of the device to unfold. The display inside of her D-Gazer read ‘DUEL AUTHORIZED’ as 8000 Lifepoints counted up into the bottom right corner. Taking a deep breath, she shouted in unison with her opponent:

DUEL!

Turn 1: Sayaka
Sayaka: 8000 LP, 5 cards in hand
Tetram: 8000 LP, 5 cards in hand

I’ll take the first move!” Sayaka cried out. She threw her arm out in front of her, making five holographic cards reveal themselves with their backs turned to Tetram. The girl looked nervous and bit her lip as she thought things over for a few seconds before tapping the card in the middle.

“I’ll summon my Gagaga Magician!”

A rainbow-colored portal opened up in between the two duelists. A white-haired man wearing black robes with orange motifs and a matching, pointy hat rose from it. Lightning crackled and chains floated around him dramatically. Only one of his eyes visible from behind the cloth covering his face.

Gagaga Magician: 1500 ATK Level 4 DARK Spellcaster

“Next, I play this Spell card: Bound Wand!” the girl continued, grabbing another one of her cards out of the air and showing it to her opponent. A simple, blue-bodied staff with a skull-shaped holder and bright red gem materialized in front of Gagaga Magician who grabbed it immediately. A futuristic black-and-orange display appeared next to Gagaga Magician, showing his ATK going up.

Gagaga Magician: 1500 > 1900 ATK

“With Bound Wand’s effect, my monster gains ATK equal to its level times 100. With that, I end my turn!” Sayaka tried to declare with confidence, but her twitching mouth clued her opponent in that she was less than certain of herself.

Turn 2: Tetram
Sayaka: 8000 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 6 cards in hand

“Darn kids these days and your fancy shmancy tech! Back in my day, we didn’t have duel disks! We had a simple mat that we laid our cards on!”

“H-Huh? But you look only a few years older than me!” Sayaka replied, baffled.

“Looks can be deceiving, crab! Anyhoo, I start my turn.” Tetram said as he drew his card. Grinning, he set a monster face down. “I end my turn, crab.”

Sayaka blinked a few times at the face-down card on Tetram’s field, balling her right hand up into a fist.

Only one Set monster? What could he be planning?” her thoughts echoed, the girl casting a glance at her Duel Disk. She shook her head to get the thought away from her and steeled her resolve.

Turn 3: Sayaka
Sayaka: 8000 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 5 cards in hand, 1 Set monster

“My turn! Draw!” Sayaka shouted as another holographic card ejected from her Duel Disk. She grabbed it, looked at it for a second and then let it dematerialize into the rest of her hand. She stared at each of her cards again with intense concentration, wary of Tetram’s face-down monster.

Does he know Bound Wand’s other effect? Or is he planning something else? Either way, in this situation...

Sayaka narrowed her eyes and threw out her arm, grabbing another card from her hand.

I’ll summon my Gagaga Caesar!”

Another vortex opened up like the one Gagaga Magician came from, this time revealing a man in a two-piece white suit. The red cape swung over their shoulder was tied up nicely around its feathered top by a golden lock, matching the man’s crown. Like Gagaga Magician's mask, this monster’s left eye was covered by a bang of blue hair and their mouth was covered by a piece of cloth. Gagaga Caesar pointed their staff at Tetram’s face-down monster.

Gagaga Caesar: 1800 ATK Level 3 EARTH Warrior

“Gagaga Caesar, attack that face-down monster!” Sayaka commanded. The royally-dressed man swung his staff around as it rushed forward, slamming it down hard on Tetram’s card. The thing split into two, revealing a small, pink dragon hatchling underneath. Its defense was much too weak and the poor creature shattered from the impact.

“How dare you attack such an innocent creature! No matter, I’ll just summon a second Kidmodo dragon.” Tetram commented as he summoned the dragon onto the field.

Kidmodo Dragon: 200 DEF Level 3 EARTH Dragon

“So it can Special Summon itself…?” Sayaka questioned, glancing over at her Gagaga Magician. She narrowed her eyes and nodded to herself.

“Doesn’t matter! My Magician still has higher Attack points! I’ll have Gagaga Magician attack your other Kidmodo Dragon!”

Gagaga magician spun Bound Wand around a few times in his hand while, much like Caesar, rushing forward to slam it down onto Kidmodo Dragon. The hatchling didn’t stand a chance, going down in the same fashion as the previous one.

“Why you little...! Oh well, it's fine. I summon the White Stone of Ancients!” Tetram playfully bounced back as he summoned the next monster.

The White Stone of Ancients: 500 DEF Level 1 LIGHT Dragon/Tuner

“Wait, it can Summon other monsters too?!” Sayaka cried out in disbelief as a white egg caught in some brown rock materialized on Tetram’s field. She glanced at her own field, realizing she was out of monsters that could attack.

“I… I end my turn.”

Turn 4: Tetram
Sayaka: 8000 LP, 3 cards in hand, 2 monsters, 1 S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 monster

My turn, Draw!” Tetram drew a card from his deck.

“I tribute my white stone to summon Dark Magician Girl!” Tetram summons his monster. “Dark magician girl, ATTACK!” she attacks Gagaga Caesar.

Dark Magician Girl: 2000 ATK Level 5 DARK Spellcaster

“S-Shoot!”

Sayaka rose her arms up as the magical blast from Tetram’s monster hit Gagaga Caesar and caused a huge shockwave, making Sayaka’s Lifepoints trickle down.

Sayaka: 8000 > 7800 LP

“Take that crab!” Tetram sets a card. “I end my turn!”

Turn 5: Sayaka
Sayaka: 7800 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 2 cards in hand, 1 monster

“D-Draw!” Sayaka said with a shaky voice, picking up the hologram ejected by her disk.

“No good…” she muttered, having the card dematerialize. Sayaka pressed a button on her D-Gazer and looked at Dark Magician Girl’s ATK points again, being faced with a whopping 2000. The girl bit her lip and threw her arm out forward.

Fine then, I’ll activate Gagaga Magician’s Effect! Until the End Phase, I’ll change its level from 4 to 8! With Bound Wand, this will give him even more Attack points!”

Gagaga Magician’s 4 stars briefly popped up in a window in front of it, doubling into an additional row below. Then the display switched from levels to ATK as his total went up by 400 more.

Gagaga Magician: Level 4 > 8 / 1900 > 2300 ATK

“Battle! Gagaga Magician, attack his Dark Magician Girl!”

“Not so fast crab! I activate Magical hats!”

Dark Magician Girl vanished underneath a black top hat with a big yellow question mark on it, right as Gagaga Magician was about to rush forward in an attempt to strike her with Bound Wand. The monster looked back at Sayaka, the girl intensely looking left-to-right as two similar hats popped up left and right.

“H-Huh? Which one do I attack...?”

Sayaka brought her thumb to her mouth and bit down on it gently, eyes darting around to try and figure out the trick. Dark Magician girl vanished at the center, so logically she should be there, right?

“Erm… the middle!” the girl declared, pointing at the hat in question. Gagaga Magician rushed forward again and slammed the staff down hard, but the hat just poofed out of existence without revealing a monster.

“Huh?! I was wrong?!’ Sayaka blurted out in disbelief. Shewas convinced it had to have been the center that she didn't stop to think the hats could have been switched around. She brought up her hand again to find a way out, but didn’t see a single way to turn around this situation.

“I… Turn end…”

She dismissed the cards and looked away from Tetram, trying to avoid his gaze. The girl felt absolutely useless, caught in the web her opponent spun for her.

Turn 6: Tetram
Sayaka: 7800 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 monster

"Draw!" Tetram shouted out with glee, but then clasped his hands together and looked up at his monster with pleading eyes.

"Oh, Dark Magician Girl? Would you be a dear and destroy that Gagaga Magician?" Tetram asked his monster in a sweet voice.

Sayaka braced herself as Dark Magician Girl's black magic crackled again. The monster fired off a powerful, concentrated ball of energy that hit Gagaga Magician square in the chest, causing it to explode into several yellow particles and causing some mild wind which Sayaka shielded herself from. She glanced at the top-left corner of her D-Gazer, seeing her Life trickle down.

Sayaka: 7800 > 7700 LP

"This... is nothing! I activate Bound Wand's effect in the Graveyard!"

The girl lowered her arms again and threw out the left one, a black-and-purple rift opening up in the ground between the two duelists. Accompanied by purple flashes, Gagaga Magician rose from the ground again.

"When the monster equipped by it is destroyed by battle, I can Special Summon it again..."

"Yadda yadda, I'll end my turn with a set card!" Tetram replied, mildly annoyed.

The girl's voice trailed off as she watched her opponent place down another face-down card, eliciting a grimace from her. The last card Tetram had set gave her enough trouble, she didn't know what to expect from this one too...

"This isn't like you, Sayaka! Pull yourself together!"

Turn 7: Sayaka
Sayaka: 7700 LP, 5 cards in hand, 1 monster
Tetram: 8000 LP, 2 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 Set S/T

Sayaka took a deep breath and closed her eyes, her Duel Disk ejecting another card from its base. Sayaka placed her hand on top of it. Her face tightened as she began to trail off into deep thought.

"I need a monster, no, anything to deal with Dark Magician Girl. Please, deck...! Answer me!"

Sayaka opened her eyes again, finding new resolve as she yelled out "My turn! Draw!" and looking at the card in her hand. Her face instantly brightened at the sight, holding her freshly drawn card out in front of her.

"I'll summon Gagaga Gardna!"

Sayaka's new monster was another male, this time with spiky pink hair sticking out from underneath his metal helmet. This monster didn't bother to cover its blue eyes as their goggles rested comfortably on their forehead, although his mouth was still covered by an orange scarf. A large long-coat covered their padded green armor and black leather pants, with some boots and gloves to match. They effortlessly held up a greatshield two-thirds their size, modeled with a pink outer rim and a black body with some thick yellow stripes.

Gagaga Gardna: 1500 ATK Level 4 EARTH Warrior

"Now I'll use my Level 4 Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Gardna to Overlay! With these two monsters I'll construct the Overlay Network!"

Another vortex opened up, but this time it wasn't meant to have something pop out. The swirling mix of red and white seemed to be sucking in Saya's Magician and Gardna, who turned into pulsating beams of light. Gagaga Magician turned into a purple stream while Gardna became an orange-brown stream, jumping in and mixing together in the swirling mass.

"Xyz Summon, Rank 4! Gagaga Cowboy!!"

A huge explosion happened inside of the vortex, blinding both parties in a brief flash of light. When it faded, a new monster had taken center stage. True to their name, they looked like a real cowboy: a tattered red cape was flung over their golden leather vest, which in turn had a plain white shirt underneath. Their leather belt held up an even leatherier pair of pants, with some classic sawblade boots rounding off the look. Like all Gagaga monsters, this cowboy had a mask covering their mouth and his cowboy hat, which covered some spiky black hair, served as the head accessory. The pistols built around his arms readied as the man took aim at Tetram's monster, two brown orbs floating around him.

Gagaga Cowboy: 1500 ATK Rank 4 EARTH Warrior Xyz

"This is the power of Xyz summoning!" Sayaka confidently declared, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Oh now you just wait one minute, crab! I activate Obliterate!!!"

The Trap card on Tetram's field flipped up and glowed brightly, its picture containing the legendary monster Exodia firing off its signature attack. Tetram grinned and snapped his fingers, making a blaze of fire shoot out from the trap and completely engulf Sayaka's Gagaga Cowboy, shattering it into a cloud of yellow particles.

"H-Huh? No way!" the girl shouted in disbelief, her eyes shooting back to Tetram as soon as she confirmed what just occurred.

"Too bad, huh? I sent my Right Leg of the Forbidden one from my Deck to the Graveyard and- poof! Your monster's sent back to where it came from!"

Sayaka grimaced, looking back down at her hand. The one moment it looked like she was able to make a comeback was immediately shut down by her opponent, driving the girl further down into the dirt. Sayaka tapped one last card floating in front of her, head hanging low.

"I'll set one card and... end my turn."

Turn 8: Tetram
Sayaka: 7700 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 face-up S/T

"Draw~!" Tetram said with glee, picking up a card from his hand and mockingly waving it in front of him.

"I'll summon my Blast Magician, just for you!"

The card materialized on Tetram's field and from it rose a red-robed, black-clothed magician. They had a halberd that they swung once, causing a gust of wind that Sayaka had to shield herself from.

"Dark Magician Girl, attack her! Blast Magician can join in the fun too!

Dark Magician Girl conjured up another wave of dark energy while Blast magician engulfed his halberd in searing flames. Sayaka's eyes went wide and fearful as Dark Magician Girl's black magic was fired off right before Blast Magician jumped up for a leaping strike. The halberd connected first, striking Sayaka across her chest. After that, the girl was sent flying from the bolt of dark energy exploding right as it hit her.

"Gyaaaah!"

Sayaka: 7700 > 4300 LP

"Not... yet...! I'm not giving up just yet!" she screamed at Tetram, her hand hovering over her Duel Disk's Deck zone.

Turn 9: Sayaka
Sayaka: 4300 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 8000 LP, 2 cards in hand, 2 monsters, 1 face-up S/T

"Draw!"

Sayaka's eyes slightly widened as she took a moment to look at what she drew. For the first time since the duel started her mouth curled up into a confident grin.

"Alright, it's time for a comeback! I summon my Gagaga Head!"

The card materialized on Sayaka's field, glowing brightly for a second to blind both players. When the glow faded a new delinquent had taken center stage, this time completely shirtless. Their cream-coloured hair spiked out wildly to the left and had a bang covering the right eye, but was otherwise covered by a three-piece helmet. The man didn't bother to button up their smell gray vest and cape fluttering in the wind. Their mouth was also covered, this time by a light blue scarf. Unlike how most Gagaga monsters liked wearing the gang's symbol on their back, the leader wore it proudly around his crotch, held in place by chains. The man looked confident as he cracked his knuckles inside his fingerless gloves, lacking a weapon compared to the other gagaga's before him.

Gagaga Head: 2100 ATK Level 6 DARK Spellcaster

"When I control no monsters and you do, I can Summon this card from my hand as a level 4 monster!"

Sayaka explained this and a window popped up next to Gagaga Head in response, showing its level changing from six to four.

Gagaga Head: Level 6 > 4

"Additionally, I can target up to two Gagaga monsters in my Graveyard and bring them back! Come on, Gagaga Magician! Gagaga Gardna!"

Gagaga head crouched down and punched the ground hard on either end of him, opening up two rifts on the spots where he punched down. The man grabbed into those rifts and yanked up Magician and Gardna by the collars of their attire, both monsters struggling to be released from their leader's strong grip. Sayaka took one more card from her hand and boldly held it out in front of her. A trail of light seemed to follow her hand as she made the motion.

"Next, I'll activate Gagaga bolt! As long as I control at least one Gagaga, I can destroy that 'Obliterate!!!' of yours!"

A bolt of lightning came down from the sky and struck down on Obliterate!!!, making the card glow as it started to shake under the pressure.

"Why you...! I'm not going to let it go down like that! I send my Left Leg of the Forbidden one to the Graveyard to activate 'Obliterate!!!' again! Dissappear, GAGAGA HEAD!"

Sayaka didn't waver as Gagaga Head was engulfed in the same flames as Gagaga Cowboy, returning to her hand. After all, it had taken the rest of the life out of the Trap card as it also shattered underneath the impact of Gagaga Bolt.

"Now I use my Level 4 Gagaga Gardna and Gagaga Magician to Overlay! Using these two monsters, I construct the overlay network again! Xyz Summon, Rank 4! Gagaga Cowboy!"

Like before, Magician and Gardna turned into purple and brown streams of light that jumped into and mixed together in a swirling red vortex. From it, Gagaga Cowboy rose again in much the same fasion. This time, however, Tetram had nothing to make it return back to the Extra Deck.

"Now I use Gagaga Cowboy's effect to detach one Overlay Unit!"

One of the brown orbs floating around Gagaga Cowboy floated into its chest and splat open into a bright beacon of light. It shone for a few seconds before an orange glow covering the entire monster replaced it.

"Battle! Gagaga Cobwoy, attack Dark Magician Girl!"

Gagaga Cowboy readied his twin pistols and shot a few practice shots at Dark Magician Girl, the bullets piercing through her. Despite Gagaga Cowboy having lower attack the female spellcaster didn't retaliate. In fact, she seemed to be weakening as Sayak's monster started to strafe around and fire more bullets.

"At this moment, Gagaga Cowboy's effect activates! Since I detached an Overlay Unit, each time it attacks this turn, it gains 1000 Attack while my opponent's monster loses half of that!"

Gagaga Cowboy: 1500 > 2500 ATK
Dark Magician Girl: 2000 > 1500 ATK

Dark Magician Girl lowered to her knees as her ATK value started to trickle down while the aura around cowboy grew bigger and more violent. Firing off more bullets, it wasn't long before the Spellcaster on Tetram's field exploded and caused a violent enough wind to make him slide backwards.

Tetram: 8000 > 7000 LP

Sayaka triumphantly pumped her arm up as Tetram's life trickled down, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"See that? I can duel competently when I want to! With this, I end my turn!" Sayaka confidently declared, swinging her free arm down.

Turn 10: Tetram
Sayaka: 4300 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 monster, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 7000 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 monster

"Now you've done it, crab. Draw." Tetram growled, not even bothering to look at the card he drew. He picked out a different card from his hand, slamming it down on his old-fashioned disk.

"I'll summon Left Arm of the Forbidden One."

A small portal of sand opened up on Tetram's field, out of which a muscular and tanned arm crawled. It seemed to have been chained at one point, judging from the bindings on its wrist.

Left Arm of the Forbidden One: 200 ATK Level 1 DARK Spellcaster

Sayaka bit her lip as the monster took to the field. "What are you planning to do with that?" she asked, nervous.

"Oh, nothing much... I'll just TRIBUTE IT!"

The ground shook as Tetram screamed, the portal of sand opening up beneath the arm again. From it, a tornado erupted and caused a huge sandstorm to engulf the field. Sayaka shielded herself from the flying particles and tried her best to look towards the source, seeing a shadow move inside of the vortex. The thing was humongous as it tore down the walls of the alley in AR with great ease, making stone crumble down and hit the floor.

"Come forth, THE LEGENDARY EXODIA INCARNATE!"

With a mighty roar, the sandstorm created by the monster's summon stopped and allowed the fearful Sayaka to gaze at its imposing form. It was easily twice the size of the alley, looking like some sort of mix between Egyptian pharaoh and Roman gladiator. The ankh and markings on its chest as well as the face of a pharaoh's mask had Egyptian origins, however the muscular tanned body with nothing but a loincloth for clothing looked much more like a gladiator. The monster had no weapon as it didn't need it, being mighty enough to have been chained on its own as is. The shackles on its arms and legs were evidence of the creature's imperial might, however it was now released and stood before a singular, scared girl.

The Legendary Exodia Incarnate: ? ATK Level 10 DARK Spellcaster

"By the way, Exodia's Attack is equal to the amount of 'Forbidden One' cards in my graveyard times a thousand. Since I've got three, that means..."

"It's got 3000 Attack..." Sayaka finished Tetram's statement, who looked elated to hear those words leave the girl's mouth.

The Legandary Exodia Incarnate: ? = 3000 ATK

"You're absolutely correct! Now... EXODIA! OBLITERATE!!"

The humongous monster clasped its hands together and slowly parted them again, a ball of flame in the opening growing ever larger as they drift further apart. When the searing flames got too much to handle the monster tossed it forwards, creating a continuous stream that obliterated Gagaga Cowboy in an instant. The flames pushed through further, all the way to Sayaka, who was thrown backwards while screaming.

"KYAAAAAAH!"

Sayaka: 4300 > 2800 LP

"Blast Magician!" Tetram screamed, the mage rushing forward and slashing its halberd across Sayaka's chest as she was down.

Sayaka: 2800 > 1400 LP

The girl weakly pushed herself back up to her knees as the attacks died down, glaring back at Tetram. Her Life points flickered in the bottom right corner of her D-Gazer.

"Not yet... I can't lose just yet...!"

Despite being faced with a massive 3000 Attack points and 7000 Life points from her opponent, the girl stood up again. She was a bit shaken from the heavy blows but still managed to throw out her free arm, pointing at Tetram.

"I've still got some Life left...! Next turn, I'll win for sure!" she shouted, resolute.

"Is that so, Crab?" Tetram replied with boredom as the Graveyard slot on his Duel Disk lit up. He picked up the card ejected from it.

"Due to Exodia's effect, I have to return Left Arm of the Forbidden one from my Graveyard to my hand."

The Legendary Exodia Incarnate: 3000 > 2000 ATK

Tetram smirked, waving the card around in his hand. "You'll wind next turn? C'mon then, impress me crab! I end my turn!"

Turn 11: Sayaka
Sayaka: 1400 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 7000 LP, 2 cards in hand, 2 monsters

"My turn, Draw!"

Sayaka swung the projection she drew from her Duel Disk wildly, giving it only a glance before letting it vanish again. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, losing herself in thought briefly.

"This guy is strong, so incredibly strong... I don't know if I can do this, but... I promised Taka! I told him I'd get his card back and I...!"

Bringing up her hand, Sayaka swiped the card that was returned to it earlier.

"I'll summon Gagaga Head from my hand, bringing the Caesar and Gardna in my Graveyard with him!"

Once again the gang's leader showed up in all his cocky glory, punching two rifts into the floor in the same way as before. Gardna struggled feebly under his leader's strong grip while Caesar's eyes had turned into swirlies.

"Taka... this one's for you!"

"Now I use my level 4 Gagaga Head and Gagaga Gardna to Overlay! With these two monsters, I construct the Overlay Network!"

Gagaga Head and Gagaga Gardna both turned into brown, pulsating energy beams as another red-and-white vortex opened up in the middle of the field. The two spiraled around each other briefly before mixing together inside of the Overlay Network, creating another explosion to make way for another monster.

"Xyz Summon, Rank 4! Slash through the enemy with fine skill, Gagaga Samurai!"

From the explosion rose a man who's spiky black hair was partially tied up into an upwards ponytail, brandishing two katanas with the Gagaga Symbol as cross-guards. The man wore a kimono which was a subdued wine red around the chest and a faded black from the waist down, with leather studded edges for protection. A blue jackets fluttered in the wind as a cape and an orange scarf covered the warrior's mouth. His right eye was covered by a black eyepatch brandishing a stylized version of the Gagaga symbol in yellow. Two orange orbs circled him as Overlay Units.

Gagaga Samurai: 1900 ATK Rank 4 EARTH Warrior Xyz

"Gagaga Head's effect allows me to draw one card," Sayaka continued, drawing the next hologram from her deck. Grinning, she immediately slammed it down near her Duel Disk.

"Alright! I'll play my Gagaga Tag!" the girl announced. Gagaga Caesar, who had recovered from his earlier dizzy spell, started spinning around his staff as Gagaga Samurai started striking poses with his twin blades.

Gagaga Samurai: 1900 > 2900 ATK
Gagaga Caesar: 1800 > 2800 ATK

"Gagaga Tag raises both my Gagaga monsters' attacks by the amount of Gagaga monsters on my field times 500! I'm not done yet, though! I'll also detach one Overlay Unit from Gagaga Samurai!"

Gagaga Samurai slashed one of its Overlay Units out of the air, creating a flash of light. After the light vanished the warrior started to glow in the same colour.

"Gagaga Samurai's Effect lets it attack twice this turn! Battle! Gagaga Samurai, attack Blast Magician and The Legendary Exodia Incarnate!"

Gagaga Samurai rushed forward and cleaved clean through Blast Magician, who exploded deftly. Gagaga Samurai then turned to battle The Legendary Exodia Incarnate, whom had already prepared a counter-attack. The colossal monster slammed its hand down but the samurai deftly avoided it, grinning underneath the scarf around their mouth. They jumped onto Exodia's arm, using it as a ramp to get up closer to the colossal creature. Exodia lifted its other hand up and tried to swat Gagaga Samurai off like a fly but the man jumped just as the hand was about to crash into him. They had made a leaping strike for Exodia's chest, slashing away at it wildly before stabbing both katanas in to slide down. Explosions started to erupt from the places where Gagaga Samurai had cut before making the colossal creature explode in its entirety.

Tetram LP: 7000 > 5500
Tetram LP: 5500 > 4600

Tetram was shoved back far from the explosions, his cape fluttering in the wind. He lowered his arms from when he had to shield himself from the light that nearly blinded him and drew a card from his deck with a scowl on his face.

"You've done it now, little brat... Due to Exodia's effect, 'cause I've got my Left Arm I can draw a card."

"My Battle Phase isn't over yet! I've still got one attack left! Gagaga Caesar, attack directly!"

Running through the explosion, Gagaga Caesar blindsided Tetram by hitting him in the stomach with his staff. Tetram was shoved back slightly again, the irritation still being reflected on his face. Sayaka grabbed one of the cards in her hand and slammed it down.

Tetram LP: 4600 > 1800

"I'll set one card and end my turn!"

Sayaka stared at the display inside of her D-Gazer, more specifically the blinking card in her Spell and Trap zone.

"I've got two monsters to protect me next turn... I'll finish this off then!"

Turn 12: Tetram
Sayaka: 1400 LP, 2 cards in hand, 2 Set S/T
Tetram: 1800 LP, 5 cards in hand

"You've really gotten on my nerves, you know that crab? Draw!" Tetram shouted as he cast a sideway glance over his bent arm. Immediately the man smacked down the card he drew.

"I'll activate Dark Hole, wiping out all your monsters!"

"Huh?!" Sayaka cried out in disbelief as a strong wind overtook the dueling field, the black hole from Tetram's card forming in between her two monsters. The girl barely managed to stand her footing and not get sucked in, however, her monsters were less lucky. They shattered inside of the dark, swirling mass and left Sayaka defenseless.

"Next up I'll summon Chaos Necromancer!" Tetram shouted as he picked up a card from his hand and slammed it down. From a black mist rose a gray-haired man wearing a purple shirt and two golden, claw-shaped gauntlets as well as a tattered red cape that fluttered in the wind. The man rose up and two sets of strings dropped down from his gauntlets, raising two green zombies from their grave as they smashed through the ground.

Chaos Necromancer: 0 ATK Level 1 DARK Fiend

"By the way, his Attack is equal to the monsters in my Graveyard times 300. Since you've only got 1400 Life left and I've got 8 monsters in my Graveyard, you're finished! Chaos Necromancer, attack her directly!"

Chaos Necromancer: 0 > 2400 ATK

Sayaka grit her teeth and swiftly tapped on a button inside her holographic display, throwing her arm out forward as one of the Set cards on her field sprang up.

"Trap activate: Half Unbreak!" she managed to fumble out before Chaos Necromancer's zombie goons sicked her, sending the girl flying again. Sayaka landed on her chest and stomach as she hit the ground, clutching her fist as her life trickled down and nearly hit 0.

Sayaka: 1400 > 200 LP

"H-Half Unbreak's... effect... allows me to halve the battle damage...!" she muttered out from the floor, looking up at Tetram while closing her right eye.

"Tch, survived that one... I'll just finish you on my next turn."

The girl strained to push herself off the ground for a second time, weakly leaning against the wall for support.

"It's... my turn now...!"

Turn 13: Sayaka
Sayaka: 200 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 1800 LP, 3 cards in hand, 1 Monster

"Draw!' Sayaka yelled out again as she picked up her last card, smiling weakly to herself before collapsing against the wall.

"G-Guess that's it. There's no way out of this one. I'm sorry, Taka... I can't do it after all- ngh?!"

Sayaka's hand started stinging when she was about to give up, a black mist surrounding her body. She felt something burning itself into the back of her hand, having a feeling that she knew what it was. Memories came flooding back from that one duel.

"T-That's right, I still... have a way to win...!"

Sayaka pushed herself up again, throwing her arm across in front of her to bring up the holographic display of her hand. As she did, she got a good eyeful of the burning white number engraved in it, a burning purple coat covering it like some kind of warning. The number 98. Sayaka knew that if she wanted to get Taka's card back, she'd have to rely on it again.

"...Fine, I'll call you out! But this time, I swear I won't let you hurt him!" she mumbled to herself, picking up a card from her hand.

"I play Gagaga Emergency Network, allowing me to Special Summon Gagaga Magician from my deck!" Sayaka shouted to Tetram, the card glowing brightly in front of her. Gagaga Magician sprang out from a portal behind Sayaka, followed soon by another delinquent as the girl threw her next card down as well.

"From my hand I'll summon Gagaga Girl!"

Similar to the Dark Magician Girl from before, Sayaka's new monster had blonde hair and an attire similar to the person she looked up to. Unlike the rest of the gang, she didn't bother to cover her eyes or mouth. A pink ribbon was wrapped around her waist, right above a pink-and-black petal skirt with two fans sticking out from the side. A darker shade of the same colour was used for a lint that floated around her body. The girl was leaning against Gagaga Magician and playing on her red cellphone, which had two little skulls as a strap.

Gagaga Girl: 1000 ATK Level 3 DARK Spellcaster

"Gagaga Girl can make her level equal to Gagaga Magician!" Sayaka continued, with Gagaga girl showing Tetram her cellphone. Three stars sprang out of it, glowing brightly for a moment and multiplying into four when the light faded.

Gagaga Girl: Level 3 > 4

Sayaka paused and took a deep breath, finding her resolve as the dark aura around her and the number on the back of her hand grew ever brighter.

"I... use my level 4 Gagaga Girl and Magician to Overlay! With these Level 4 monsters I construct the Overlay Network!"

Things were a little different this time as the vortex that opened in the middle of the field wasn't red-and-white like the previous three times it had appeared. Instead it looked almost galactic as the black surface was coated with a multitude of white and yellow stars, forming several spirals that rotated neatly in sync with each other. The wind erupting from it was much more violent compared to before, seeming to suck in even things other than the two purple beams of energy on Sayaka's field. They merged together inside of the strange network, causing a huge blast of energy to erupt from the middle.

"Envoy of the ruined future, take form in the past! Xyz Summon!"

The number '98' glowed briefly over the Overlay Network as a metal cocoon rose from it, two white wings with black tips covering a golden orb, from underneath which a purple double spiral spun around. Two purple orbs circled the contraption. The cocoon started unfolding itself, first by stretching out the wings and then followed by shoulderblades, of which the right one had a bright red 98, sprouting from the orb. The spirals spun together to form legs underneath the chest area. Black armor and broad shoulderpads covered the creature's white skin, which was visible in the uncovered arms that grew from its shoulderpads. The legs were fully armored, with a black crotch guard covering some white armored thighs. In turn the knees were covered with the same black armor while the calves had white with a golden streak run through. The last thing to pop out was the head, a black helmet with two golden horns sticking out from the sight having only left a gap for the area around their blue eyes to be revealed. The creature powerfully stretched itself out, sending a brutal shockwave through the small alley.

"Number 98: Antitopian!"

Number 98: Antitopian: 2500 DEF Rank 4 DARK Warrior Xyz

Sayaka closed one eye and clutched her heart as Antitopian descended onto the field, looking up at the monster as the inscription on her hand grew more painful and violent. With a few ragged breaths Sayaka took the last card from her hand and slammed it down.

"I'll... Set one card! Turn end!"

Turn 14: Tetram
Sayaka: 200 LP, 0 cards in hand, 1 monster, 2 Set S/T
Tetram: 1800 LP, 4 cards in hand, 1 monster

"WHAT IN THE HOLY CRAB IS THAT THING?!" Tetram shouted as he took a step back, fear overtaking him. He hurriedly drew his card, gaining a faint sense of hope as he immediately slammed it down on his Duel Disk.

"I activate Opti-Camouflage Armor and equip it to Chaos Necromancer!"

Chaos Necromancer shined brightly in the air for a moment, a white armor now covering him.

"W-With this I'll be able to attack directly! Chaos Necromancer, end that thing before it ends us!!"

"T-that's... not going to work! I detach one of Antitopian's Overlay Units!" Sayaka yelled back at her opponent. One of the purple orbs circling Antitopian splashed open on its chest. Sayaka grit her teeth and frowned as a purple flame started to coat Antitopian.

"This changes your attacking monster to Defense! Dark Wing Pressure!" the girl continued. Antitopian's two wings folded up in front of him for a brief moment, looking as if they were about to shield the monster. Instead, they threw the two wings open again with great force, launching the flames forward and making them into Chaos Necromancer. The monster's puppets became lifeless dolls as their controller withered in pain and crouched down in exhaustion.

Chaos Necromancer: 2400 ATK > 0 DEF

"Not yet...! I'm not done with you yet! I activate Tragedy!" Sayaka cried out as her first Set card flipped up. Chaos Necromancer cramped up, their muffled scream drowned out by the searing flames consuming and destroying them.

"This trap activates when a monster is switched to Defense, destroying all defending monsters on your field." Sayaka continued to explain, all the energy she showed before being replaced by a cold and spiteful tone. She leaned forward and stared at Tetram with a scorn on her face.

"You've lost your chance, now hurry up and end your turn!"

"I... I..."

Tetram looked over his hand cards, reaching out for one of them. He then looked at Sayaka's field, seeing she had another Set card. No matter what he did, it looked meaningless now.

"I... end my turn, crab!"

Turn 15: Sayaka
Sayaka: 200 LP, 1 card in hand, 1 monster, 1 Set S/T
Tetram: 1800 LP, 3 cards in hand

"My turn, Draw."

Sayaka didn't even bother to look at the card she drew. She had it vanish so she could throw her arm out wildly in front of her.

"At this moment, I switch Antitopian to Attack mode!"

The monster, which had previously held its arms out protectively in front of it, drew a large broadsword from its back. It flew up higher and took a more threatening posture, all while its blue eyes bore into Tetram. The aura around Sayaka grew larger, even more violent and malicious. Her eyes seeped with hatred as the number burning into her hand glowed brighter and brighter.

Number 98: Antitopian: 2500 DEF > 2000 ATK

"This is the end...! A just reward for thieves like you! Battle! Antitopian, attack him directly!"

Antitopian grabbed the broadsword with both hands and launched into the sky, far above the walls of the alley they both were in. Any sunlight that shone on them was blocked out by Antitopian's figure, which was merely a shadow in the backlight.

"Moonbreaker Slash!"

The monster kicked itself off and shot down towards Tetram like a flash of lightning, spinning around the broadsword before having it crash down on the man's body.

Tetram LP: 1800 > 0

WINNER: SAYAKA!
Tetram's eyes rolled back into his head as he collapsed in the alley. His last sight before going unconscious being the time wizard that had sprung out from his deck and floated down onto his chest. He felt angered, enraged at this loss.

"Stupid Number cards! Why do all the goodie two-shoes have to wipe me across the floor?! Why must everyone push me further into the void?!" he thought to himself. He also thought he desired cards... but no. He desired... a friend. Someone for him to support and someone to support him. He now learned the meaning of friends... how they brought you up in your time of need. He never knew anyone who was willing to be his friend. He thought all he needed were his cards. He has learned that he was wrong.

Meanwhile, Sayaka collapsed equally suddenly. Exhaustion overtook her body as the aura left her and the Number etched into her hand faded into nothing. She took a moment to catch her breath and collect her thoughts, looking over in the direction of her opponent. Once she noticed he was laying on his back and not moving, Sayaka rushed over to go check up on him.

"H-Hey! Are you alright?!"

She crouched down next to Tetram and confirmed she was still breathing, relieved at the discovery. However, his body was even more messed up than she was. The girl's heart started to sting as she realised that her Antitopian was the cause of this. She doesn't remember much from the end of the duel either, looking up at the scratched walls which Antitopian passed as he came down.

"I... still can't control you, huh?" Sayaka muttered. She picked up the card on Tetram's chest, finding it to be the Taka's Time Wizard.

"All I can do now is return this to Taka and call an ambulance for him..." Sayaka said to herself as she rose up from next to Tetram, picking up her D-Gazer to pocket it and take out her Cellphone instead. After calling the hospital and confirming her location Sayaka walked out of the alley, beat-up and making her way back to the city square. She looked around her, seeing the sun setting slightly. The duel had clearly taken a while...

Last edited:
The day was long for Hiro but he didn't seem to care anymore. While walking like a undead-like creature. His eyes caught something. It was a young blue haired girl running towards a shady alley. At first he tried to ignore her. After he passed the scene. He heard noises behind him. It was from the alley the girl was in, earlier. He tried to sneak into the alleyway's entrance. He didn't bother to look since he might get caught. Based on the sounds he is hearing. It sounded like a duel. An intense one too.

He listened halfway through the duel, before finally having the guts to take a look. He witnessed one heck of a duel. A duel against a creepy stranger vs the girl from earlier. He saw the girl was in a roller coaster of situations. The duel was over and the blue haired beauty won. Hiro hid himself from the girl before they exited the alley. He was curious about the girl's motive. Like a strange stalker. He followed the girl back to the city square. Luckily, he was unnoticed. Hiro had a strong feelings for the girl. He felt the urge to finally stop stalking her and actually walk up to her and ask her about something. Gathering all his courage. He slowly approached the girl from behind. Unfortunately, Hiro tripped over by accident. His upper torso made a loud thud upon impact with the ground. Anyone close by can hear it.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

• Haruko would depart from a bus as it reaches the transit. Upon leaving he takes a moment to smell the city air as he looks around. It was quite different than the port town he grew up in but the city was quite beautiful. He was finally here in Siren City and his goal to head for the top of the dueling world was underway. First things first though... he needed a place to stay. The amount of funds he had was certainly enough for a bit of a stay at one of the apartment complexes but he would have to work in order to gain more funds.

"Alright so...," he takes out his phone as he goes looking for some local apartment complexes. "... let's see where to go..."

Sayaka was lost in thought as she walked along the city landscape, staring at the card she got back from Tetram. Time Wizard is one of the most well known gambling cards, with Taka using it as a cornerstone in his deck. The girl had dueled him a few times, so she knew how important it was to him. It was still a mystery why the stranger wanted the card to begin with, considering his deck had nothing to do with gambling, but at least it would soon be back where it belonged...

At least, it would be tomorrow. Sayaka looked up from the card at the orange sky, a soothing warmth filling her body as she looked at it. Taka probably wouldn't have stuck around after she ran off, as he probably didn't expect her to find the culprit. Not only that, but even if she'd found the man, the boy had made it clear he figured she couldn't have won. Worry started to creep up in Sayaka's chest, but before she could overthink things a loud -thud- resounded from behind her. The girl flinched and jumped forward a little, spinning on her heel to see what had fallen behind her.

"Oh...! Hey, are you alright?"

Sayaka calmed herself once she saw that it was a boy of around her age that had fallen over. She took a step towards him and crouched down, stretching out her arm to offer a hand.

"Here, let me help you up... you can stand, right?" she asked him, even if it was a little ironic considering her own scratches. She'd never met this boy, but she couldn't let him lie there without offering at least some help.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Looking back up to the elegant voice as he foolishly made a complete jackass out of himself in front a stranger, who he has been secretly following around. Before he could speak. His eyes got the best of him. He stared to the blue haired girl with awe. He impressively tried (And succeeded) to focus on the girl's face and not look below that. His chin dropped as he sets his sights to the girl. (Leaving it wide open) He cannot say what he wanted to say. The girl seems to be around his age too. Her big blue eyes and silky blue hair made him speechless. He didn't know what he was feeling but it felt really awkward to him. His heart beat became more intense when the girl offered her hand to him. Despite the girl's scratches. He looked at her as if he saw a goddess before him. He tried to cut himself out but the sky isn't helping either. The orange sunset sky shining behind her totally complements her bluish color. (True fact: Orange is Blue's complementary color)

He literally stared at her for 10 seconds before finally acting like a confident person. He slightly moved upward and fixed his face into his usual worried and shy face.

"Congratulations, me... you just made a complete idiot out of yourself..." Hiro insulted himself.

"U-uh, yes. I-i am okay..." His tone was extremely stuttered and nervous. Hiro tried to take the girl's hand. Of course, since he lacks self confidence to do so. His hand was shaky, hesitated, and tries to contract itself in order to not take it and just stand up on his own. It didn't took long till he took the girl's hand, awkwardly. Hiro's hand was warm. Probably due to his habit of constant fist clenching. He slowly made himself stand up on his own.

"Strange... Is this what it feels like to touch a girl's hand? I haven't touched a girl's before... And i surely haven't been this close to a girl since mother's..." Again. A habit of talking to himself.

"T-thank you..." His tone sounded trembled but he surely mean it upon standing up straight. Although, he didn't seems to have forgotten to let go of the girl's hand.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

Tetram sat up as he heard sirens growing closer. "oh crab, this isn't good..." He thought to himself. He quickly got up and collected his deck. As he heard car doors slam he leaped up and out of the alleyway and onto the roof of a building. He then dashed towards the sound of two voices. He peered over the edge of the roof and saw that girl from earlier. "HEY CRAB CAKES!" He called down. "can we talk for an ity bity second?" He would ask. His words were sincere. All he wanted to do was talk. He had no interest in fighting her.

Sayaka blinked a few times as she waited for the boy to grab her hand, but he seemed to be hesitant. When he looked up at her he kept staring without moving, making the girl feel awkward. She didn't know if she was doing something wrong or if her beaten-up appearance looked scary, this doubt further reinforced by the boy's shaking hand once he finally did start making a move. Sayaka gripped his hand tightly enough to help pull him up, smiling gently when he thanked her. She tried to let go, but the boy seemed to forget to do the same.

"Ah, no problem, but you should probably... let go now." she politely asked the boy, but before either of them had a chance to do anything a voice resounded from above the duo. Sayaka flinched and aggressively yanked her hand from him by accident, panicking for a moment and looking around to see where it came from. When she took a step back to look up, however, nobody was there. The entire event was a little weird but Sayaka let out a sigh of relief when she confirmed it was nothing. She looked back down towards the other boy, seeing as they were still standing in front of her.

"Ah, sorry," she meekly laughed, seeing as how it was pretty rude of her to act so suddenly. "I'm Sayaka, Sayaka Gyaku! What about you?" she asked the boy, folding her hands behind her back. She smiled at him with a slight tilt of her head.

Tetram squirmed under the man that had fallen on him. "get......off....." He growled violently. "GET OFF NOW! I CAN'T BREATHE!" he began to kick at Johnathan. "off off off off off!"

Hiro awkwardly stood with a down worried facial expression. He did forgot to let her go. It made him look twice awkward and weird. Luckily, the girl wasn't creeped out by his behavior. He wasn't bother by the girl's sudden movements. Sayaka really got the best of him. The girl introduced herself, which made him panic since he has never been in this type of scenario before. Gathering all his confidence. He quickly rushed to introduce himself.

"I-i'm "Loser"... Dangit! Uhm... uhh... i-uhhh..." Hiro seems to be stuttering and nervous. He quietly muttered intelligibly to himself, gathering his thoughts and confidence at a quick pace. Hiro's body language was extremely readable, like reading through a children's nursery book. Constant head scratching, Exaggerated deep breaths, And unable to remain long eye contact. The boy is obviously not the confident type around the ladies.

"Wait let me try that again..." Hiro cleared his throat to properly introduced himself this time. The boy looked at her eye-to-eye "M-my name is Hiro, Hiro Takuya. N-nice to meet y-you, Sayaka." It wasn't Hiro's best introduction but he sounded very decent and a little confident. Hiro ran his fingers through his messy blonde hair as his usual habit of being shy. Hiro didn't stop there. He tried to keep the conversation going. Something he doesn't normally do.

"S-Sayaka... Umm.... Is it o-okay if, if, if i ask what happened back in t-the alley? I-i saw you d-dueled with another duelist. Y-you won right? Because you looked badly s-s-scratched..." Hiro took a gulp and firmly stood. Hoping that his question isn't anything too personal.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

• "Now let's see... I think this one offers a pretty good deal," he says to himself as he keeps walking about. While wandering about in the city, he finds himself face to face with another young male.

"Never seen you around before. You new?"

Haruko responds with a rather plain nod. "Yep. Just a duelist trying to find a place. Y'know since I'm new and all." The male responds with a smirk.

"Well seeing as your new and all... I'll fill you in on one thing. The name's Hunter and I'm one of the best duelists around here. Locals know to watch themselves around me. Oh and you know a simple tithing of a rare card once in a while is also accepted if they know whats good for them. This is just a little something you should know," he says with a condescending smirk.

With a simple nod he responds back casually. "So you're a big shot duelist who takes peoples cards? Well...," he takes out his deck and inserts it into his duel disk. "... how about a duel? If you lose then you'll drop your whole rare card taking shenanigans. If you win then you can take my deck."

Hunter responds with a small laugh. "You're just begging me to claim your deck. It's on. Oh and I'll even throw in my own deck as part of the bargain." He activates his duel disk with an extremely confident smile.

"DUEL!"

Turn 1: Haruko

Haruko simply nods with a casual smile as he draws five cards from his deck as Bryce does the same. "Since you challenged me, I think I'll take the first move." He inspects his hand before making his move.

"First I'll set a monster and that'll be all for my turn," he says as he passes his turn to Bryce who draws a card.

Turn 2: Hunter

"All that and you just set a monster? Another all talk and no bark kind of person I guess. That or just a bad hand. Either way it's good for me. I summon Ocean's Keeper in attack position!" A fish-type creature holding a trident appears onto the field.

Ocean's Keeper: 1500/1200 Level 3

Haruko: "Ohhh so you play a water-attribute deck too."

Hunter: "Thats right but my plays are far from over. I tribute Ocean's Keeper in order to special summon from my hand... Cranium Fish in attack position!"

Ocean's Keeper would disappear and from a small pool of water would a larger similar fish, with a rather large head, appeared onto the field as it splashed about.

Cranium Fish: 2400/1000 Level 6

Haruko: "Nice nice. A level 6 without having to just go for a regular tribute." He seemed rather interested in seeing what his opponent was going to do next.

Hunter: "I think you should be more concerned about yourself. I activate it's effect!" He discards a Slushy in order to activate the effect. "Your face-down monster is destroyed."

Small torpedo-like objects exit from Cranium Fish's body as they head towards the facedown monster. The face-down, which is revealed to be a Friller Rabca, is destroyed and sent to the graveyard.

Hunter: "With no monsters left on the field I declare a direct attack! Torrential Torpedo!" More torpedoes are fired from Cranium Fish as they head to Haruko.

As smoke is made from the blast, Hunter gives a smirk as Haruko takes 2400 in direct damage.

Haruko LP: 8000 -> 5600

Haruko: "That definitely gave a bit of a sting."

Hunter: "Oh I'll do more than just stings. You'll regret challenging me. I'll set a card face-down and I end my turn."

Turn 3: Haruko

Haruko draws a card as he inspects his hand before looking to the field. "Well I think it's time for a nice counterattack. I summon Hammer Shark in attack mode!"

A medium-sized hammerhead shark with a hammer-like head bursts from a pool of water from the ground as it appears onto the field.

Hammer Shark: 1700/1500 Level 4

Haruko: "I'm not done yet. I special summon Shark Stickers when Hammer Shark is summoned!"

Joining Hammer Shark would be a smaller more thinner shark as it is shown to be latching onto Hammer Shark before removing itself from it.

Shark Stickers: 200/1000 Level 3

Hunter: "I expected more than this since you're a water duelist like me."

Haruko wags his finger a bit at him. "Oh but I'm not done yet. I activate Hammer Shark's effect. It's level decreases to 3 and I special summon Needle Sunfish from my hand!" A third monster joins the fray as it swims from another pool of water.

Hammer Shark: Level 4 -> 3
    Needle Sunfish: 1500/100 Level 3

Hunter: "Three level 3s just like that. This might actually be worthwhile."

Haruko: "Well this is where something new starts. I construct the overlay network with all three monsters!" All three monsters are sent into the overlay network as the preparations to summon an XYZ monster are met. "Swimming from the depths of the ocean, gaining power from those under you, come forth. I Xyz Summon Shark Caesar in attack position!"

Shark Caesar: 1800/2000 Rank 3

Hunter: "An Xyz Summon. I really will get something out of this after all. Still your monster is weaker."

Haruko: "Not for long. I detach an overlay unit to activate Shark Caesar's effect. It gains 1 Shark Counter and Needle Sunfish's effect activates since it was sent to the graveyard via detachment. Your Cranium Fish loses 500 attack."

The spirit of the Needle Sunfish sends out a flurry of needles at Cranium Fish causing it to lose attack.

Cranium Fish: 2400 -> 1900 Attack

Haruko: "Plus whenever Shark Caesar attacks, he gains an additional 1000 attack with each Shark Counter on him."

Hunter: "What?!"

Haruko: "Alright here we go. Go Shark Caesar, double bite impact!"

Shark Caesar: 1800 -> 2800 Attack

Hunter LP: 8000 -> 7100

Hunter: "Tsk... just peanut damage," he says as his monster is destroyed.

Haruko: "With that little display I set a card and end my turn."

Turn 4: Hunter

Hunter: "Draw. I'll set a monster and another card face-down and that does it for my turn."

Turn 5: Haruko

Haruko: "Here we go!" He draws a card. "I'll detach another overlay unit to add another Shark Counter onto Shark Caesar. Then I'll attack your facedown!"

The facedown is revealed to be Imairuka.

Hunter: "Imairuka's effect activates." The top card of his deck is sent to the graveyard. It is revealed to be Levia-Dragon - Daedalus. "Perfect. I draw a card."

Haruko: "That's fine. I'll end my turn with that."

Turn 6: Hunter

Hunter: "Draw. Heh... just what I needed. I activate Legendary Ocean!" The field changes to an undersea world of sorts. "With this field spell, all water monsters in both our field and hands are reduced by 1. "I normal summon Slushy."

A strange bag of slush appears onto the field.

Slushy: 0/0 Level 2

Haruko: "Hmm...."

Hunter: "When it's normal summoned I get to send a Slushy from my deck to the graveyard. And now... I banish 1 Slushy from my graveyard to special summon... Levia-Dragon Daedalus! Come to the field!!"

From the depths of the field spell, a powerful roar is heard as the monster makes its appearance in a rather intimidating form.

Levia-Dragon Daedalus: 2600/1500 Level 7 -> 6

Hunter: "And now... I use it's special ability! I send Legendary Ocean to the graveyard and destroy all other cards on the field!"

Haruko: "Agh!" All other cards on the field were destroyed, leaving Haruko wide open for a powerful direct attack.

Levia-Dragon Daedalus: Level 6 -> 7

Hunter: "Heh. Daedalus attack this fool directly! Leviathan's Wrath!" A powerful beam attack is emitted from the mouth of the beast as Haruko takes 2600 direct damage.

Haruko LP: 5600 -> 3000

The force of the attack causes him to be blown back a bit as he picks himself up afterwards.

Hunter: "Give up while you still can. I can deliver much worse than this if you keep on going. No one around here can face up to me. It's just simple fact."

Haruko smiles as he stands up. "Sorry but that's not how I do things around here. I'll be the one to reel in the big fish."

Hunter: "Huh?" He looks confused.

Haruko: "I have a dream. And that dream is to aim for the top of the dueling world. It's one of my biggest dreams among dreams. Another dream of mine is to allow others to enjoy dueling and when I see people who just take cards from others as if it's nothing well... I just gotta do something about that."

Hunter simply laughs off at the response. "Jeez and I thought you couldn't sound any dumber. They're just cards. Being a duelist is about showing off your power. It's called earning respect in this dumb little world. I end my turn."

Turn 7: Haruko

Haruko: "I'll show you that it's not dumb at all. I draw!" He draws a card and stares at it as a smile forms on his face. "Your here... let's do it together." Haruko looks towards Hunter and points at him. "It's time to reel in that big fish! I banish Shark Caesar from my graveyard to special summon Aqua Spirit in attack mode!"

Aqua Spirit: 1600/1200 Level 4

Haruko: "Next I special summon another Shark Stickers due to it's effect! And now the pieces are here. I think it's time to show you... my special card. I tribute both of my monsters to summon... Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth!! Come to the field, my ace!"

From the depths of a raging whirlpool, a large sea creature is brought up towards the field as many other monsters swim around it.

Superancient Deepsea Coelacanth: 2800/2200

Hunter: "What?!"

Haruko wags his finger once more. "I'm not done yet. I discard a card to activate Coelacanth's effect! I special summon as many level 4 or lower fish monsters from my deck to the field as possible!"

Hunter: "This can't be?!"

Haruko: "Come to the field my monsters! Hammer Shark, White Stingray, Needle Sunfish and Friller Rabca!"

Hunter: "F-four monsters on the field at once... and it's not even a Pendulum Summon..."

Haruko: "It's time I showed you the full force of my monsters. With them together, no fish in the world is going to escape me! I construct the overlay network with my Hammer Shark and White Stingray! Howl, unknown roar! Rise from the darkness of the abyss!! Xyz Summon!! Bahamut Shark!!"

Bahamut Shark: 2600/2100 Rank 4

"Next I normal summon Saber Shark in attack position!"

Saber Shark: 1600/1200 Level 4

"With it's effect, I change both my Sunfish and Rabca to level 2. Let's reel in another one! I construct the overlay network with my Needle Sunfish and Friller Rabca!! Shark of small stature yet with frightening power, I Xyz Summon my second monster: Cat Shark!"

Cat Shark: 500/500 Rank 2

"Now I special summon Silent Angler in defense position onto the field!"

Silent Angler: 800/1400 Level 4

Hunter would only stand there flabbergasted as Haruko continues making plays. "This... this level of summons..."

Haruko: "There's more! Now I overlay my Saber Shark and Silent Angler! Creature that awaits in the depths, the one that lies in wait for opportunity, I Xyz Summon Abyss Dweller onto the field!"

Abyss Dweller: 1700/1400 Rank 4

On Haruko's field were 3 XYZ Monsters and 1 level 7. "Abyss Dweller's effect let's all my water monsters gain 500 attack as it does have a water monsters as XYZ materials."

Hunter: "Three Xyz monsters... in one turn.."

Coelacanth: 2800 -> 3300 Attack
    Bahamut Shark: 2600 -> 3100 Attack
    Cat Shark: 500 -> 1000 Attack
    Abyss Dweller: 1700 -> 2200 Attack

Haruko: "I detach Sunfish from Cat Shark to activate it's effect. I target my Bahamut Shark and it's original attack and defense are doubled and don't forget Sunfish!"

Bahamut Shark: 3100 -> 5700 Attack
    Daedalus: 2600 -> 2100 Attack

Hunter: "What?! This can't be... 5700 attack..."

Haruko: "Here we go, my Abyss Dweller attacks Daedalus!"

Hunter: 7100 -> 7000 LP

Haruko: "Cat Shark attack directly!"

Hunter: 7000 -> 6000 LP

Hunter: "Argh! This... this can't be happening..."

Haruko: "Sorry but it is! Superancient Deepsea Coelacanth attack! Deepsea Barrage!" Multiple fish come and attack Hunter.

Hunter: 6000 LP -> 2700 LP

Hunter: "Aggggh!!! No! This... I won't accept this!"

Haruko: "And now... Bahamut Shark deliver the final blow! God Voice!" Bahamut Shark delivers a powerful sonic wave attack.

Hunter: 2700 -> 0 LP

Hunter: "Arrrrrrrrgh!" He gets flying a bit as he lands on his back.

WINNER: Haruko!

Haruko then approaches Hunter. "Well that was a fun duel! Anyways a deals a deal. No more taking cards by force and you gotta give those stolen cards back." Hunter simply looks at him with anger.

"Fine! Take your stupid cards. This damn deck and those other cards aren't worth keeping," he says as he takes out loads of deck boxes containing cards, including his own deck. "This isn't over... mark my words!!!" He runs off.

Suddenly others would be clapping and cheering as they take their cards back and thank Haruko personally. Afterwards Haruko is left to himself as he goes to pick up Hunter's deck. "A deck left behind by it's owner. I'll hold onto you and give it back if that Hunter guy ever wants it back."

"Now then... I think there's one nearby here."

"L-Loser...?" Sayaka replied in astonishment, letting her guard down for a moment. She was about to comfort 'Loser' for his parents' sick sense of humor, but his mumbling after clued her in to it being a slip of the tongue. He soon corrected himself, telling Sayaka that his real name is Hiro. She closed her eyes and tilted her head, laughing awkwardly for a moment.

"Haha, right... sorry, Hiro, I thought you were serious there for a second..." she replied, bending forward a little as the boy ran a hand through his hair. He looked like he still had something on his mind so Sayaka waited patiently for him to reveal what it was. The girl tensed up when it turned out to be about the duel she just had, tightening her mouth and letting her eyes dart off to the side.

"Ah, well... I guess it was kind of rough." Sayaka replied, moving her hands from behind her back. She held out the card she got back from Tetram in front of her, staring at it for a few moments.

"Well, the person I was dueling just now took this card from a friend of mine. I dueled to get it back, but he had some powerful cards... I barely won, honestly."

Sayaka clicked open the compartment inside her Duel Disk where her Number card rested, slotting Time Wizard in alongside Antitopian. The girl bounced back and focused back on Hiro, trying to look as cheerful as she could.

"I'm fine, though! I... think he had it much worse than me. I called an ambulance for him, but... I could've sworn I'd heard him just now..." Sayaka spoke , glancing up at the roof again. Just like before, she didn't see anyone there. Setting aside her worries, she looked back at Hiro.

"I should probably get going, though. It's getting late and my parents must be worried sick... where do you need to go, Hiro? If you want, I could walk with you for a short while! We can talk more along the way." the girl offered with a smile.

Tetram groaned as he leaned against the alley wall for support. "maybe I should pay attention to my surroundings more..." He then turned to the opening and dashed toward Sayaka. "give it back crab! Give it back give it back I beg you, give it back!" He whined as he pulled on her leg.

Hiro's face remained disturbed and stressed, despite Sayaka getting more comfortable around him. He scratched his head a couple of times and posed awkward body tilts as a reaction. He does often slip a lot of things under his breath. Hiro's reactions towards Sayaka's result of the duel was more serious and normal. He stood calmly and simply nodded as Sayaka spoke further.

"I see... Y-you did for a friend. T-that is very nice of y-ou-you. You dueled bravely, even though the o-odds were high. Y-you have a-all my respects." Hiro tried his best to complement Sayaka but it looks like he killed it with his own nervousness. Although his tone was polite and he even pulled off a awfully awkward smile.

"Man... I wished i had a duel disk like that..." He quietly muttered to himself upon seeing Sayaka's state-of-the-art duel disk. He looked back to his old duel disk to compare how he is way out of her league. Sayaka looked around to see if she was correct.

"Actually..." The boy took a deep breath before continuing his statement. "I-i have nowhere to go. I just sleep i-in inns and hotels but i have y-yet to find one." Hiro began to stutter more and became slightly panicky when Sayaka tried to offer him a bit more of company with a lovely smile. "U-u-uhmm... S-sure! I w-would love to! Thank you!" Even though he was delighted by the offer. His choice of politeness and tone was almost made him sound like he is yelling and forced. His exaggerated clenched fists and yell at the sky while saying it made it obvious.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

Sayaka laughed bashfully as Hiro complimented on her noble deeds, rubbing the back of her head with her left hand. She was used to getting praised, but this felt a lot more sincere, with how shy and reserved the boy was being.

"Ahaha, it's nothing, really... I did what anyone would have done, I think."

As Hiro continued to talk, Sayaka continued to be patient with him. She didn't look or step away, giving Hiro enough time to collect his thoughts and say what he wanted to say. She thoughtfully nodded to how he looked for places to stay, a mischievous grin sprawling across her face. She giggled at his enthusiasm, too.

"Weeeell... I suppose I have a few more minutes to spare, and if you don't mind walking with me anyway..."

Sayaka grabbed one of Hiro's clenched fists with both of her hands, then gently stepped back and dragged him with her.

"Let's go find you a place to stay together!"

Before Hiro got a chance to reply, Sayaka was already tugging very forcefully on his arm, fully intent to drag him along whether he liked it or not.

(Sorry for not replying sooner! >-< I have to celebrate the new year from my aunt's house. Also i'm tired.)

Absorbing Sayaka's words. Hiro was too slow to reply to her, quickly. "Wait... Together!?" He screamed in his mind. The boy was caught off guard when Sayaka istantly grabbed him by the arms. Hiro's clenched fist softened when Sayaka grabbed his hand with her's. He's gotta hand it to her. She is very friendly and patient

Hiro's reaction time was surely the worst. Now he has fallen under Sayaka's grasp, thanks to it. Sayaka has Hiro's full surrender, the boy didn't seem to retaliate against the girl. He just let her lead him without thinking twice. Hiro's chest went up, indicating that he took a deep breath and his face turned slightly pink. It is noticeable that Hiro is not used in close physical contact, especially from someone like Sayaka. It seems like he was holding back, like he was trying to say something. "Great! Now people will think we are together, if she keeps holding me like this!" He mentally said to his mind.

"Uhh...Uhhm... S-sayaka? Where do you exactly l-live?" An irrelevant question that will not help him at this situation. He was more worried that other peple might see him like this. He is after all a well known "Chump-of-a-Duelist" around Siren city.

Ammokkx Ammokkx

Rare Hunters
-----------------

As Sayaka and Hiro left the area, a man wearing a dark blue denim vest with a large "73" on the back in an alleyway opposite to the one Sayaka dueled Tetram in pulled out his phone. "Hey, boss. I think I found one of those Numbers things you were talkin' about. I'll go after it tomorrow." he said, before hanging up and stuffing the phone in his pocket.

The next day, the thug was back to where the duel had happened the day before, patiently waiting for Sayaka and/or Hiro to show up. [She'll probably show up here, if not, i'll just go lookin' around again. Either way, that Number card's going to us, no matter what.] the thug thought, a smirk forming on his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back